1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Guide] Consumables, Godstones, Legion coins

Discussion in 'PvE Guides' started by Meanz, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Meanz

Meanz Tonight, we CHILL in Hell! Forum Legend

Hello. Lately I've had a lot of people PM me and ask me a few very common questions so I decided to sum it all up.

In this guide you'll find out how to:
    1) - Get kinah by using Alchemy & Cooking (Also includes learning how to make consumables that everyone uses in PvP/PvE)
    2) - Get legion coins
    3) - Get a nice godstone pretty fast
    4) - How to gear up

So, let's jump right in.

1) What is the fastest way of making kinah?

It's pretty easy. I personally recommend selling consumables. In order to do that you will need to level up your Cooking and your Alchemy. (Note that the things you will be cooking/crafting are also useful for you. You don't necesserily have sell them)

Alchemy and Cooking.

1.1 Before you start leveling them up, you need to talk with a NPC in Pandaemonium / Sanctum. Also, buy yourself some Flight time potions on the way, you'll need them.

The NPCs for Cooking/Alchemy/Aethertapping and so on for Asmodians are in Pandaemonium in the Temple of Artisans.
    For Elyos, they are in Sanctum, in Artisans Hall. Just look around in the rooms.

If you're an asmo, you'll have to talk with Aethertapping Master Ustarn. Talk with him and click on "Improve Aethertapping Skills"
    If you're an ely, you'll have to talk with Aethertapping Master Jhaelas. Talk with him and click on "Improve Aethertapping Skills"

1.2 Now it's time for the real deal! You fly and gather the thingies until you reach the maximum of Amateur Aethertapping (99).
    Once you're at 99, go back and talk with the same NPC again to move to level 2. Once you're at the maximum of level 2 go back and talk with the NPC again to move to level 3 and so on. =)

Keep in mind the resources you get from the low levels aren't really needed. The ones you need are Aether Gem, Aether and Magical Aether which you get at a little higher level.
    Here's what you get from the different levels of Aethertapping. Aethertapping | Game Guide | Aion Online

Here are the locations where you can find the Vortexes:

Level 1:1p-75p Small Vortex. Resource you get for gathering: Aether powder.
    Asmodian locations: Altgard, Morheim
    Elyos locations: Verteron, Eltnen

Level 2:100p-175p Big Vortex. Resource you get from gathering: Aether crystal, Greater Aether crystal.
    Asmodian locations: Altgard, Morheim
    Elyos locations: Verteron, Eltnen

Same as level one, these are just higher in the sky than the Small ones.

Level 3:200-275 Shining Vortex. Resource you get from gathering:Aether Gem, Greater Aether Gem, Pure Aether Gem, Essence of Wind (Increases your flight time)
    Asmodian locations: Beluslan
    Elyos locations: Heiron

Level 4:300-375 Burning Vortex. Resources you get from gathering: Aether, Greater Aether, Pure Aether, Brilliant Aether, Essence of Wind (Inceases your flight time)
    Asmodian locations: Beluslan
    Elyos locations: Heiron

Same as level three, these are just higher in the sky than the Shining vortex.

Now for the last one, Level 5.
    Before you go to gather the Magical Aethers you will need Aether Extractors which you can buy from the NPC Next to the one that you talk with to level up the Aethertapping. You can buy 200 Magical Aethers every 24 hours. They won't be enough so I suggest just making multiple characters so you can buy 200 with each of them.

Once you've maxed out your Level 4, talk with the NPC one more time and thank him for the hard work he has done for you! =P

Like I already said, level 5 is the last level. You are almost done! Go and gather as many Magical Aether, Greater Magical Aether, Pure Magical Aether and Brilliant Magical aether as you can! You will need a lot of them!

You can gather them at these locations: Magical Aether - Aion Gather Source - aiondatabase.com
    Side note: At some of the places you go for Magical Aethers you will also find Burning Vortexes which you should not skip.

1.3 Okay! Now that you can gather all the aethers you need, it's time to start morphing!

When you were leveling up Aethertapping, did you notice there's a big shiny gate in the air around them? Yes? Good! Use it, it'll lead you to the Abyss. Inside the fotresses of both Elyos and Asmodians there is a room with a lot of NPCs in it. Alchemy, Cooking,Armorsmithing and so on.

Click on Alchemy. The designs that you WANT to find and buy in the list are the following:
    Fine recovery serum, Fine recovery potion, Greater Courage/Awakening scroll, Major Crit strike, Crit spell, Strike resist, Spell resist scroll, Fine Fireproof, Waterproof, Windproof, Earthproof scroll, Greater Healing Potion, Fine Anti-Shock scroll, Fine Elemental Water, Fine Elemental Stone, Greater elemental Water, Greater Elemental stone.

Side note: There is also Fine/Greater elemental Water/Stone BUNDLE DESIGNS which will craft a bigger amount with 1 click but will require more items than the single one do.

After you have bought all the designs. Don't close the window. At the upper side of it there should be "Morphing book". Most of the stuff you want to buy from there are the following:
    Fresh Plia, Plia, Fresh Liconsis, Liconsis, Neunan, Calamot, Poma, Jurak, Fine Elemental Stone, Greater Elemental Stone, Corundum Ore, Elatrit Ore, Turquose Ore.
    If you are missing something that I haven't included you can always go back and buy it.

1.4 Now some of them require tokens (Only Fine recovery serum and Fine recovery potion if I remember correctly. The rest just cost some kinah) How to obtain them? You can find out here:

Asmodians > Shaper's Token - Items - Aion
    Elyos > Wright's Token - Items - Aion

Option 2:You can farm these two designs. The mobs are tough and most of them are in groups but it's still possible if you have a friend with you or your gear is decent. It probably is the better and faster choice to just farm them.

Where can I farm them? --> Here! =) Click me and Click me

1.5 Before you can start making all the consumables, you need to level up your Alchemy. This is easy. Remember the place where you went to talk with the NPC for Aethertapping? Just go back there and find the Alchemy room. Talk with the NPC inside and click on Learn Alchemy.

Under "Learn Alchemy" there should be "Work order" all you do to level your alchemy up enough so that you can craft the sweet things you just bought designs for is complete the Work orders. The NPC gives you some items that you use to craft with. Just repeat until you can learn some of the designs you bought. Once you do that, you can start crafting them instead and level your Alchemy further.

Congratulations! If you have followed this strictly you should now be able to craft consumables that all players need!

1.6 Okay, now for the cooking. Most of the nice food designs require Burning Balaur Hearts which you can easily farm. You can see the mobs that drop them here: Burning Balaur Heart - Aion Item - aiondatabase.com

The most common foods are the Horned Dragon Emperor foods and Poma Wine Herb Dumpling. Now the Poma wine herb dumpling design (Which is one of the best fighter foods there is) is for free, but for the other ones you need Balaur Hearts.
    Here's a little releaf for you guys! You only need to farm Hearts enough for ONE (1) design as they don't seem to dissapear when you buy the designs. You just need to have them.

Side note: While farming for balaur hearts also collect the Lustrous Balaur meats! You will need them later on for the Horned Dragon Emperor foods!

Leveling cooking is easy. You just complete the work orders until you can start crafting the PWHD and the HDE foods! Go to the next room, the one next to Alchemy. It's the cooking room. There's an NPC in the middle of the room. Talk with it, it'll give you work orders/quest orders. Just keep completing them.

I don't remember if the work orders get your Cooking level high enough to craft PWHD. You might have to go back to the NPC where you buy the cooking design and buy some other food design just so you can finish leveling it up. The designs are sorted by levels so go to the last page and then go back a few pages until you find a design you can learn.
    Like I said, I'm not sure. You might not have to.

After that, you're all set! You can go gather the aethers you need to morph the needed materials and craft everything!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEGION COINS

Here's the easiest way you can get them!

2.1 Go to Gelkmaros/Ingisson.

2.2 Enter Silentera!

The istance is fairly easy and you can get 12 legion coins for a full run! All you need is to level a few assassins and run from room to room with hide then just open the chests in the rooms.

How do I enter? Where's the entrance? Here you go! =)

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GODSTONES

Easiest way to get godstones is by PvPing. =)

3.1 Asmodians: Go to Reshanta/Abyss and talk with Lisya (You can use /where Lysia to get her exact location) and take the Quest called Defeat rank 9 soldiers. She will ask you to kill 10 rank 9 Elyos characters.
    Once you've done that, go back and talk with her again and complete the quest. Repeat that process until she no longer gives you the quests. After you kill rank 5 or rank 6 elyos she won't give you the quest anymore. You'll have to get it from another NPC.

Side note: Killing higher ranks than the ones the quest requires also counts as a kill. Meaning if your current quest is to kill rank 5 soldiers and you kill a rank 4 soldier, it will still count.

It's still pretty easy as most players are rank 1 or higher.

3.2 When done with the quests from Lisya, go talk with Semotor. He's near by. (Use /where Semotor to get the exact location)
    He will give you the quests up to rank 1. When you are done with the quests with him, the last thing you have to do is finish 1 more quest!

3.3 Go talk with Votan (Use /where Votan to get exact location) in the fortress and take the quest Challenge Elyos Officers. He will ask you to go and kill 10 Elyos star officers! Once you have done that, he will award you with a nice godstone!

Side note: You can still continue doing the quest! Go back, get your reward and get the next one! If you manage to kill 3 commanders the Brigade general will award you with a GOLD Godstone!

Now, the elyos part!

3.1 Elyos: Go to Reshanta/Abyss and talk with Calon (Use the /where Calon option to get his exact location). Complete the quests for rank 9-8-7-6 he gives you.

Done? Good!

Side note: Killing higher ranks than the ones the quest requires also counts as a kill. Meaning if your current quest is to kill rank 5 soldiers and you kill a rank 4 soldier, it will still count.

3.2 Now go talk with Sakmis (Use /where Sakmis option to get his exact location). Complete the quests for rank 5-4-3-2-1

3.3 Now, the sweet part. Go talk with Michalis (use /where Michalis to get exact location) and take the quest "Confront Asmodian Officers". Once you've killed 10 Star officers he will award you with a nice godstone!

Side note: You can still continue doing the quest! Go back, get your reward and get the next one! If you manage to kill 3 commanders the Brigade general will award you with a GOLD Godstone!

GEARING UP

4.1 Well, luckily for you guys, a friend of mine already made an awesome guide about that. Check it out! ---->

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f64/[guide-starters]-how-get-pve-pvp-gear-148365/

This is pretty much everything I felt the need to sum up and share with you guys. I'll keep this thread updated weekly and maybe add other stuff if I feel like they could be of help to others. =)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    24 people like this.
  2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

I have a question about the token's not used up part, was wondering for a while now.

1. These designs are tradeable (on retail at least), what stops you from asking someone who already has enough tokens from buying multiple designs and handing them out?
    2. The designs drop from certain mobs on retail, did they remove them from the drop tables here?
    3. Since it is clear that the server does not take away tokens from you when you buy designs, it means that the server side cost is 0 tokens and only the client is stopping you. Knowing that, you can easily remove the client side requirement and buy all designs free. Is this intended? I already made the client side edit for another server that wished to make them free before so I know it is possible.

1 person likes this.
  3. Meanz

1) You can do that as long as someone already has the tokens. They could buy them for you and give them out as long as they are willing to.
    2) I've never dropped a single one of these designs for the few years I've been here. I either never killed the right mobs or they don't drop.
    3) I'm gonna have to ask a SAM if that is allowed or if it's considered a forbidden client modification. Also I haven't tested it with tokens. Only with Balaur hearts but I assume it's the same case with them.

4. Smartik1

1 and 3 are conflicting then xd If they are tradeable then 1 person can distribute an unlimited amount of them, in which case it is no different than not needing the tokens at all since you can get 1 free from someone else

5. Meanz

Makes sense. Well when I bought mine they were for free. I don't know why they decided to make it so it requires for you to the very least have the tokens for 1 design. Like I said, I'm not sure. Maybe with the tokens it's different. Has to be tested. I never had the need to but I might do the quests anyways just so I know for sure. =)

6. Smartik1

Think the special currency window came during 1 of the client updates, since I remember a lot of people reporting the new requirement as a bug when I was making the downgrade at the time. Currently the client is handling checks before the server does, as in if the client itself can tell you clearly don't have enough tokens, there is no point checking the cost server side. This is why even if the server side cost is lower, the client requirement has to be met. The same goes for daily purchase restrictions, as long as they are set client side, removing them server side does nothing. The thing is right now you pass the client side requirement, but buying them at cost 0 from the server means no tokens are removed. This way, you can tell the client the cost is 0, server cost is 0 and you can get it all while having no tokens xd

7. edwards

edwards New Member

awesome job on the guide bro!

1 person likes this.
  8. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

1) Designs are tradable, or should be with the item.pak modifications that you have made (thank you dearling). So there really is nothing to stop someone from finding a person to trade for a design and or the tokens themselves (they should be tradable I believe with a VIP account. Haven't tested that myself)

2) As for the drops, not to sure really. They may have been removed of accidentally excluded that would be something that Carl or Alente would have to confirm and or check into. If you do know what item drops may or may not be dropping as they should (as far as designs go) you are welcome to send myself or any other staff member a list of them and the mob they are supposed to drop from and we will check to see what we can find out.

3) Any client sided modification that effects game-play and is not given endorsement by a Gamez Network Admin, in writing and or presentable material upon questioning. Is considered illegal and appropriate actions will be taken for any accounts found to be using such modifications.

Also as you mentioned about the tokens not being removed. We do know about this and it has been mentioned before to those who can look into it. As far as what has, is, or should be done about the issue of the tokens not being removed upon purchase? Dunno whats going on with that.

Anyway Smartik dear, nice questions as always.

2 people like this.
  9. Smartik1

Thanks, though it still contradicts itself. Basically, you just said that you are not allowed to buy it for free through a client side modification, but it is perfectly fine to get it free from someone else who also gets it free. I just fail to see the logic in this.

edit: As for where they should drop, the mobs are listed in the database under each design
    http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/152202234/design-fine-recovery-potion
    http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/152207236/design-fine-recovery-potion
    sadly with aion.yg shut down you will never know the rates, but with the gamez drop rate boost it would pretty much be a design every kill

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  10. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

lol, Yea I know aion.yg was good.

It is somewhat silly I agree but we don't really know what is going on, like I said it is a known thing. Just dont know what is going on with it right now, with some other things that take more of a front seat.

shoot me a PM with the links please hun, or I'll lose them / not remember.

11. Meanz

I'll give this a check tomorrow and if they drop i'll update the guide. =) Although I doubt it.

Thanks smarti =)

12. Smartik1

The links are not really relevant xd The point is any design not dropping can be looked up in aiondatabase using the searchbox and all the mobs that should drop it are listed below

I am pretty sure someone is using old items lists that did not include the special tokens and therefore it is not removing them. My guess is these should be defined here

...\game\data\static_data\items\item_templates.xml

This place is the equivalent of the server side items.pak. The client side items.pak mentions all special currency requirements along with item parameters there, so server side should reflect this.

To illustrate, this is ABG tunic
    Code:
    <item_template id="110101099" level="55" mask="4168"  armor_type="ROBE" max_stack_count="1" item_type="ABYSS"  item_category="RB_TORSO" quality="EPIC" price="1727135" aic="109"  ai="186000096" ap="987840"  restrict="55,55,55,55,55,55,55,55,55,55,55,55" slot="8"  equipment_type="ARMOR" desc="1516095">
            <modifiers>
                <add value="241" name="EVASION"/>
                <add value="150" name="MAGICAL_RESIST"/>
                <add value="206" name="PHYSICAL_DEFENSE"/>
                <add value="277" bonus="true" name="MAXHP"/>
                <rate value="10" bonus="true" name="FLY_SPEED"/>
                <add value="65" bonus="true" name="BOOST_MAGICAL_SKILL"/>
                <add value="47" bonus="true" name="MAGICAL_RESIST"/>
                <add value="55" bonus="true" name="PVP_DEFEND_RATIO"/>
                <add value="869" bonus="true" name="MAXMP"/>
                <add value="18" bonus="true" name="CONCENTRATION"/>
            </modifiers>

Do notice the first line of the set, more specifically Price (kinah), AP (abyss points), ai (type of special currency, 186000096 represents platinum medals), aic (the quantity of the special currency). All of these are identical in the items.pak. Now look at the design
    Code:
    <item_template id="152207236" level="60" mask="12926"  max_stack_count="20" item_type="NORMAL" item_category="SCROLL"  quality="RARE" price="54550" ei="186000133" eic="71"  origRace="ASMODIANS" restrict="1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1" usedelayid="52"  desc="1520491">
            <actions>
                <craftlearn recipeid="155007191"/>
                <use/>
            </actions>
        </item_template>

ei="186000133" means shaper tokens
    eic="71" means 71 of them

This is taken out of an open source core so yours might be different, but this is where I would start. These are the options
    1. The parameters are not defined for designs in this file
    2. If they are defined, they are not being used. As long as medals are being consumed when purchasing AP items, I would take a look a that function since it clearly works properly and apply it to design sellers. The concept is identical

1 person likes this.
  13. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

Thanks for the guide, could you make a little table of contents at the beginning so we know what all is covered without sifting through it? Also, are the godstones that are rewarded the same as the ones in the itemshop?

Regarding the designs:
    There really is no logic in not doing the client side modification but seeing as how it's illegal it's probably inadviseable to attempt it.. The tokens/burning balaur hearts work in the same way. You do need to have both in your inventory, and you are not charged for either. I haven't bought a design in more than a month so if there has been a bug fix since, I can't confirm whether it's still bugged currently. The designs DO drop from mobs as I farmed my first set of fine designs back in November when I started playing in Ingi from the Balaur. I also farmed a fine potion design about a few weeks ago. They are pretty rare, took me 3 days to get 1.

1 person likes this.
  14. Smartik1

How often did the designs drop? Because this makes a large part of the guide irrelevant. Doing the token quests daily would take weeks, while you can just go kill a mob and get your design or get it from someone for free. The entire daily organization just became obsolete, so have all the guides related to it xd

15. Meanz

Only two of the design require the tokens so if they can be dropped I'll just edit it. =) It's actually a small thing. The big picture remains. =)

16. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

Only the designs in Abyss (ie. Terminon and the asmo one) don't charge you the tokens. The token merchant in capital cities and in housing cities still charge you for those items/designs (eg. MDD designs).

There is a high drop rate of green designs like worthy orichalcum somethings. The merchants in capital cities will charge you about 4-10 tokens for each design (and will take the tokens out of your inventory), i think these designs can be bought from terminon for free but can't recall for sure.. noone really wants those worthy designs anyway.

There is a very low drop rate of the fine designs.. Maybe 1 out 500-2000 mobs (for nonvip)? I can't really be certain as I've never really tested it out... I guess you could farm 10-20,000 mobs and see how many you get for a more accurate % but i really feel like the effort isn't justified. Regarding whether it's better to do the wrights or to farm.. farming gives you AP, and stigma shards, and balaur mats all of which are useful or (nonvip) tradeable so that's probably a better route, especially for new players. Any established players can trade (vip) 1 piece of Primal or TS or Vasharti or something like that for a design. The wrights are useful for unique and rare desgins. After sticking with it for a few months i have gotten over 1200 wrights, enough for all 4 mdd sets (sans chapeau)

17. Meanz

They drop. The mobs are pretty tough and most of them are in groups and it took me a little while but they still drop. Pretty sure it's faster to drop the Recovery potion one. The serum is probably a pain. Gonna edit the guide. =)

Done. =)

18. Smartik1

Didn't know, sounded more like a general concept issue. In this case disregard my analysis above xD Do the abyss merchants sell the same designs (wright/shaper) you get in sanctum/pandaemonium? Are they custom made or actual npcs?

Guess I should get on gamez one of these days and see for myself lol, haven't been on for ages

19. Halpin

Halpin Proficient

There is some overlap with what the Abyss merchants sells. Some of the items that people would want, like Innesi Dumpling, Perer Aether Jelly, Fine Recovery Serum, are only sold in the abyss. (for free as long as you have the currency in your inventory).

The terminon merchant has some designs that the Tigraki merchant has, but not all of them. Eg. Sky Dragon King's Sword, but not Sky Dragon King's Durable Sword. It wont however charge you where the Tigraki merchant will.

Similarly it will have Master Drenium Sword (wright tokens) just like capital city merchants, but it wont have Master Durable Drenium Sword (only capital city/housing city). Again it wont charge you for these items where the capital city merchant will

20. fusilier69

fusilier69 Proficient

what is the use of legion coins??