1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Guide] Illuminary Obelisk

Discussion in 'PvE Guides' started by Kretia, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Kretia

Kretia Fabulous Pink Zombie Baguette

[​IMG]
    Illuminary Obelisk is a 4.5 instance designed for a group of 6 players which has been introduced on GamezAion during the latest update.
    Here's a guide to this instance, as it can get tricky on the first few runs.

Where is this instance located?

[​IMG]
    This instance can be found in Idian Depths, on the east side of the map. You don't need any keys to enter the instance and you'll be abble to enter it 3 times a week.

This instance drops eternal & mythic gear (Both coming from 1 box), tempering solutions, idian pouches, eternal & mythic wings.
    The boxes, just like Danuar Reliquary's ones, let you choose the item you want to acquire.

Structure of the instance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This instance is composed of 4 Shield Generators (Nothern, Eastern, Southern, Western) that your group will have to charge 3 times, each, in order to spawn the portal leading to the ending zone!
    Your group will spawn on the Yellow area marked with a blue S and will have as much time as wanted to prepare while it stays in the spawn area. Once the 1st group member jumps of the cliff, the instance timer starts and leaves you 30 mins to charge the 4 Generators.

How to charge the Shield Generators?
    In order to charge those, you will need to gather Crystalline Idium Pieces (x12). Those can be found on Flourishing Idiums, that spawn all around the instance! They usually spawn near Danuar Canonballs chests that will reward you with canonballs, which will be very usefull in this instance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The best thing to do when the instance starts is to send all your group members around the instance to gather the idiums! Your group will be abble to do that during 2 mins!
    In order to move in the quickest way around the instance, use the windstreams (green stars on the map). If you can avoid using the elevator, do it, because it's really slow..

Once those 2 mins are over. Only 1 of your group members should continue running/gliding around the instance to gather the idiums. The 5 others should start charging the first generator with the idiums they managed to gather on their own.

To charge a generator, interract with it and use your crystal. Be careful, once you begin charging mobs waves will start spawning. While 1 of your group members charges the generator the other ones should kill the mobs. You will encounter several waves for each of your chargings. Best thing to do is to compose your group with several AoE classes, such as Gladiator or Sorcerer, because many mobs will spawn at the same time.

Once you've finished charging the first generator to the 3rd step, go immediatly to the 2nd generator, based on the same level of the instance! That's very important, generators work as couples (N&S // E&W), always charge the same level generators one after another.
    [​IMG]
    Once you're done charging the 2 first generators, 2 of your group members should stay on this level to defend the generators, as new waves of mobs will spawn to destroy them!

The other 3 should go the other level to begin charging the 3rd generator, and then the last one.
    Once your group is done charging the last generator, just make sure all 4 are alive & fully charged during 30seconds! Once those 30sec are over, the boss portal will spawn!

You may have group members dying during the charging period, do not worry about ressing them (unless it's your healer or tank..) as they'll be allowed to res at the instance start after 10 seconds.

Remember that your Idium Gatherer can also gather canonballs and use them to deal great damage to the mobs!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What classes should compose my group?
    - 1 Tank (Glad, Temp, AT)
    - 1 Cleric
    - 1 Chanter or Bard
    - 2 AoE dealers (Sorc, Glad)
    - 1 more (running/gliding around the instance)

What happens after we reach the ending zone?
    First of all, congratulations for passing the charging period, this was the hardest part of the instance.
    Once you enter the boss room, make sure that all your group is ready before anyone moves! Once someone moves, the timer starts and you will have 6mins to kill the boss.

The drops will be composed of:
    Group Loots (decided by roll for example)
    - Possible wings (Eternal & Mythic)
    - Tempering Solutions
    - Illuminary Obelisk Idian Pouch
    - Empyrean Plume Chests
    Personnal loots available for every group member:
    - Dynatoum's Equipment Chest
    - Illuminary Obelisk Supply Chest

Special thanks to: Grrr DeadpoO1337 Joaquim for running this instance with me!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Joaquim, Giullia, Wangfei and 10 others like this.
  2. zeei

zeei lkaashl.deviantart.com

stickied in

3. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

Done~

4. Bolas

Bolas Proficient

Nicely done Kretia, amazingly detailed, easy to understand and all the important information is there. Now everybody will be clearing the instance 1st time after reading this i am sure :cool:

Joaquim and Kretia like this.
  5. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

omg noober doesn't have idian depths map explore and bad graphics, pls uninstall.

Giullia, Destiny and Kretia like this.
  6. Stephen

Stephen I always chill bruh

ohh em geee nice one @Grrr

7. wolfstride

wolfstride Hentai

Boss Attack Skills and Pattern:

Circular AOES: Looking at the floor, you will be able to see blue electricy stuff. If you are standing in it after a few seconds, you will get hurt for about half your HP. There are 2 kinds and the boss always does them back-to-back so you need to be fast to avoid them both. One kind is a simple circle below the boss. To avoid it, run OUT towards the edges of the area (don't worry, you can't fall off the edges). The other AOE is the opposite - the whole room will be blasted, and the safe spot is a small circle directly underneath the boss.

Initial AOE: From the very start, the boss will AOE around him. This is easily avoided by either staying where you are (you are invincible while flashing after entering the room) or walking away from the electric blue stuff on the floor. After this AOE he may do another one, so beware.

Red Mines: These mines will spawn periodically and walk around. You do not need to hit them. After a while, they will start to flash. This means they are about to explode and cause major damage, so, do not stand anywhere near them then they flash - especially for the larger mines.

Direct Strike: The boss will randomly target somebody and hit them hard. This usually does not kill you, however.

Salvo: This is a deadly attack that tends to come near the end of the fight. The boss will put someone (normally the tank) in an aetherhold that you cannot remove. After a few seconds he will hit that person with a missile salvo that will do heavy damage and normally kill clothies and leathers. Make sure the person in the aetherhold is on full HP to try to survive it. If you have a temp, now is the time to bodyguard.

Generators: Not an attack, but part of the boss sequence. At around 30% HP, 4 generators will spawn. If they are not killed before 20 seconds, they will heal the boss for about 5%-10% of his HP. These generators therefore must be killed ASAP. Thankfully they go down very fast, so kill them and re-target the boss. This is an excellent time for clerics to use Word of Destruction.

After the generators are down it's time to pop all you have and DPS the boss to death. The boss will always drop 2 boxes which everyone can loot (one containing mats etc. and the other containing an eternal/mythic weapon or armour box), and an idian pouch which you roll for, and if you are lucky, he will drop a composite manastone pouch, and eternal or mythic wings (a jetpack!).

credits from this guide

8. Kretia

Hi.
    The boss doesn't hit as hard as on retail on Gamez, as each and everyone of our players start with a decent gear.
    There's no need to bodyguard as said in this other guide.
    Same thing for the mines, that you can easily destroy before they explode.
    Circular AoEs don't blast your party for the moment.
    Healing Generators don't seem to work for the moment.
    Thanks for trying to complete this guide but this other guide isn't accurate to the way the instance works on our servers at the moment.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  9. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

great guide!!!! Love it.......... :)

10. wolfstride

wolfstride Hentai

Duly noted thank you for clarifying less worries with the boss fight :)

11. pajkec2031

pajkec2031 Proficient

So...the instance was fixed in last few days or so?? because 4 days ago i was in with rly good group (3 glady, 2 clerics and a SW...) i left a glady and 1 cleric on upper level and when we charged 3rd generator (1st on down level) on upper level on both generators came 3 elites and 10 normal mobs.... impossible to kill on both sides before they destroy 1 generator.... (i read all tutorials and there says that mobs should spawn 1:30 after u put 1st charge on generator....so u can get timing by waiting 1st group of mobs and then kill em and then when that 2 guys who killed em on 1 side come to other start charging next generator...but mobs spawned on all 4 generators at same time when we fully charged 3rd generator and that is impossible to kill with 1 player at generator...)

So before i fail so hard agan...was it fixed or u still working on it? :D

12. Kretia

The instance hasn't been fixed, because it's not bugged. I think your problem came from the fact that you didn't charge the generators as couples, and you didn't charge them fast enough. I'll be making tests later today to clarify this :)

13. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

Charge faster as you can! This depends on your CRYSTAL GATHERER's Ability.............. even if those mobs are hitting the gens when you are charging the 4th generator, you can surely summon the PORTAL!!!!!!! We have done IO many times with 1 Cleric, 1 SW and 4 Glads.............. No on was left at the upper......... We go all charging at gens and killing mobs..... But we are FAST, fast enough to charge the fourth when mobs are spawning......

14. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

That's not the case Kretia, I always charge 1 at a time (while previously gathered the 3 pieces) and charge it up all the way to 3 while the rest dps the waves before moving on to the next generator. The waves will spawn on all 4 generators after 15-20 min have passed tho (3 charges per generator or not). Also it may trigger an accidental spawn wave if someone else uses the generator w/o having the piece thingy. And yes, speed does matter, too slow and you're doomed.

15. pajkec2031

pajkec2031 Proficient

OK we did 2 perfect runs now too....is all in time...as long as u do it under 15 or meybe 10min all is great.....NO MOBS AT ALL (in already charged generators...)

BUT! after those 15min or so passes multiple mobs start spawning on all generators at same time (i think it shouldent be so many or at least not at once...)...is not hard to do it with perfect group... but if u dont have good healers and good crystal gatherers u have NO chance... we were charging 1 generator to all 3 crystals at once (no waiting for waves of mobs betwen) than kill those million mobs that came xDD (3glady,2cleric,1SW... sw was picking crystals) and it was cool...but as i said it should be more time avaible...what if 2 ppl DC??? they need 5min to get back...u cant do the instance with 4 that u got left online right?

Well is good that is doable but is still a bit buggy i quess :D as Bordy said to me u need info like this to fix it later so i posted it because of that...trying to explain how is it working...

P.S. one more fail run from my side.....we came to boss...and it disapeared....when we were killing last round of mobs outside one entered portal....and THEN countdown starts!! so be carefull guys....when 1st enter u have 5min to kill boss...no matter if he doesnt move or anything....1st click on portal resets timer! so GL all :D i hope u wont fail in that way :D because after u do the generators should be easy right? xDDD

Kretia likes this.
  16. Fho

Fho qwertqwert is the power

Hi, instance is buggy u need to finish generating all tower in 10mins. i would like to make a guide for easiest way to do it :D.
    [​IMG]

I wont be suggesting this kind of PT, i just did like this pt coz we dont have geared people here.

17. Fho

Fho qwertqwert is the power

Here you go. This is the stupid Guide, if you get it your good. I`M JUST LAZY

[​IMG]

Blue = Leader or Crystal Gatherer
    Yellow = The Group Members
    Red X = Elite Spawn
    Green X = Normal Spawn
    Must jump when the door opens and gather fast and after you gather 2~3 Crystals must go back to the first spot. and insert 2x Crystal only 2x or the group will be killed [Depends on the members if strong people 3x] gatherer keep gathering and so on :) .
    Group:
    1 Cleric
    1 Songweaver
    4 Gladiators / 2 Gladiator + 2 Sorcerer / 1 Templar + 1 Gladiator + 2 Sorcerer

It depends what you find.
    Happy hunting :)
    Seki <3

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014