1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Resolved Major cooking bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Beelzebabe, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Beelzebabe

Beelzebabe New Member

Bug Name:
    Major cooking bug
    Bug Description:
    So I was trying to make 2000 Beer and I had the correct amount of materials, but after I put them all in and hit "Continuous Production" it just took all of the ingredients, stopped the cooking operation, and only gave me 1.

If a GM could help me out here that would be REALLY appreciated, because that's... quite a lot of materials to lose for nothing. :c
    How to reproduce/proof:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

Can confirm. Similar happened with me with alchemy. more items in makes all disappear.

Beelzebabe likes this.
  3. DivineEpiphany

DivineEpiphany Getting there Forum Legend

LOL it tells you that any excess you add is going to be used up, you dont put in thousands of potatoes, you put in 5 potatoes, 6 water, 2 levening, and 1 sugar, then click mass produce and set it to go 2000 times, your recipe there is showing you put in all the materials at once

EDIT: Will test the next time I am on to make sure its working correctly, and if it is bugged I will retract post.

4. Beelzebabe

Beelzebabe New Member

Yeah, that's what I did. I've never cooked anything before and I guess I misinterpreted the instructions, thought it was like processing where you just stick things in and it does it the maximum number of times per materials available. :c

If it's not a bug and I just dun goofed I can accept that

5. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

Epiphany is right. in your recipe, you have everything loaded in your ingredients, but not the amounts you need. Instead, you have all of them there. You told your utensil to use them all for the recipe, instead of putting in the amount the recipe called for then telling it to repeat.

6. Beelzebabe

Beelzebabe New Member

Ty for the confirmation <3 I'll be sure to never, ever, ever do that again lol

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Lareldal likes this.
  7. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

8. Beelzebabe

Beelzebabe New Member

Oh, well that's interesting. I mean, I definitely screwed up, but maybe there's still a bug after all?? -shrug-

If it's supposed to stop you from proceeding when you put in way too much, it certainly didn't do that for me :V

9. telespapeles

telespapeles Proficient

It consumes the materials and then stops and pops a notification saying that the recipe was wrong.
    http://i.imgur.com/8gKd7hZ.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but if you use a high number of materials, it doesn't do anything.

10. DivineEpiphany

DivineEpiphany Getting there Forum Legend

Yeah but the way she did it with all ingredients, it did succeed with the one craft, and then ran out of materials so it wouldnt have said "wrong amount"

11. Yakuza

Yakuza Discord: Azukai 짱 Forum Legend

I decided to test with ingredients for 2 batches, and it's working as intended. It will consume the excess ingredients.

[​IMG]

However, be aware that if you put in ingredients for more than 1 batch accidentally and cook for "100" batches, it will keep consuming the previous amount of ingredients you put in.

12. Beelzebabe

Beelzebabe New Member

Yeah, I understand what went wrong now. :c I read the instructions, I just misinterpreted what it meant because I'd never done this before and thought it was like processing, oh well </3

RIP 10k potatoes ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ