1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[New Players] Development Summary:

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Calestia, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Hello all,
    I decided to put together a development summary from a player's perspective in-game and from conversation's I've had on Discord.

Full server info:
    Client Version
    : v683
    Pearls Per 30 mins: 80 and 100 (with premium).
    Classes: Striker, Mystic, Dark Knight, Sorceress, Valkyrie, Witch, Wizard, Tamer, Warrior, Berserker, Ranger, Ninja, Kunoichi, Musa & Maehwa.
    Absolute / Rabam skills: Yes.
    Server is hosted in: Michigan, North America.
    Max Pets: 5
    Channels: 4, all with bosses.
    Player Trading: None.
    I am from England and I have 80-120 MS (No VPN).

The working:
    • Pets: Breeding, Levelling, Grouping, pet-Filter System (Premium only) and Special Abilities / Bonuses working. (example: https://i.imgur.com/wIeg99b.png)
    • Life Skills: Gathering, Cooking, Alchemy (inc. Alchemy Stones), Training, Fishing, Farming & Processing.
    • Combat: Monster AI, monster pathing (few exceptions)
    • World Bosses: Quint, Karanda, Kzarka, Dastard Bheg, Red Nose, Dim Tree, Nouver, Giant Mudster and Ancient Kutum.
    • Outfit Mixing: you can now mix and match different outfit parts and still retain bonuses.
    • The Market: Pre-order, bidding, listing and pearl shop items.
    • Horses: Breeding, T9 Pegasus, Nightmare (Black - Webshop exclusive) & Unicorn (Extra bonus for Premium users), taming & horse killing. Note: Failstacking working, but not displayed.
    • Level 10-62 Rewards & Family Fame: Skill points, black stones, Capotia Ring/Earring, House Fame Fund (Daily Silver), Combat fame, Life fame & Special fame. (This: https://i.imgur.com/jLnRM8O.png)
    • Class Skills: Nearly all are now working with damage.
    • Pearl Shop: Same as retail, prices are same, fully working.
    • Nodes, Crafting & Empire system: Connections, Investing & Ranged investment (Value Pack Bonus), resident / Workshops / Tool shops / Crafting shops working, buying workers, selling workers, upgrading workers, repeat tasks, change worker skill and worker attributes now working.
    • Social: Guild Missions, Friend List, Guild Members, Guild Recruitment, Guild levelling, Guild Advertisement & Party interactions working.
    • Pearl Shop Tent: Tent system is fully working, buffs etc...
    • Gamez Webshop: Fully functional and updated regularly with items.
    • Buffs: Food buffs, Kama Buff, Value Pack Buff, Premium Buffs & Elixirs/Potion buffs working.
    • Boss Scrolls: All working, with the correct drop rates and world drops. (I.e. Catfish = Giath scroll).
    • UI / Misc. Features: Beauty Album & Black Spirit Adventure Game. Escape / Rescue System: Teleports you to safety, .rescue: Teleports you to Olvia.
    • Ranking Leaderboards: All working.
    • Attendance / Guild Loyalty Rewards: Working.
    • Special Items: Ghillie Suit, Desert Suit, Resident Decorations, Horse Costume, Mount Skill change, Branding Stone, Horse Flute, Horse Appearance Coupon etc... All working.
    • Red Battleground: Working, rewards listed below.
    • Item & Character transport system: Both are working.
    • Loot bonus systems: Ecology (8,000 rating = +20% loot), Node ranks v1 (lv 10 node = +15% drop rate) & node rank v2 (lv 10 node = +50% drop rate every 10th mob).

Upcoming / Near completion:
    • Node Wars: SoonTM
    • Player Stats: Accuracy and Evasion formula under beta testing.
      It is possible to miss hits, but it is not working fully like retail.

Not working / Bugged / Not implemented:
    • Savage Rift (Instanced Dungeon).
    • Life Skills: Trading & Imperial Trading is not added yet.
    • Militia System.
    • Skill scaling bugs: Musa / Maehwa and Kuno have 1 shot skills that need to be addressed.
    • Gold-Bar Investment: Workers on nodes dow not collect gold bars.
    • Guild House: Not implemented yet.
    • Red Battlefield Team chat: Not working / added.
    ---------------------
    Weekend events on Gamez (Rotation):

- Double RBF rewards & Enchanting (Fail stacking rates) +20%.
    - Double RBF rewards & drop rates +20%
    - Double RBF rewards & exp rates +20% (It is possible exp will be added onto another event.)
    - Double RBF rewards & Golden Dagger/Backpack/Fish event.

* Scheduled events normally start afternoon/evening Friday and finish sometime Monday.
    * Drop rate example: 600% drop rate + 20% = 620%
    ---------------------
    RBF rewards on Gamez:
    Win:

2x (x4) Hard & Sharp Shard, 3x (x6) Memory Fragment, 15x (x30) Cron Stones, 20x (x40) Red Seals.
    Lose:
    1x (x2) Hard, Sharp, Cron Stone, Memory Fragment and x4 (x8) Red Seals.
    During events, you will get x2 rewards on lose and wins.
    ---------------------
    If there is anything missing from this list, please let me know - it is just an informative piece for new players to read as to what is working and what is not working/implemented yet.

Added proof that I was talking to Kolka to get this information verified:
    https://i.imgur.com/TeYNlup.png
    https://i.imgur.com/7iy9O34.png
    ---------------------
    Short Link: http://bit.ly/GamezDevSummary

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Ephy, meednight, WeedTaXi and 7 others like this.
  2. osoboso

osoboso New Member

this is really helpful, this should be in the FAQ section

3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am sorry to say but I have not found any Frequently Asked Questions section in this forum, I might have missed it but as far as I can see it does not exist.

This is a very useful list however I think that the Item Transport System is functioning just fine although I have found posts that list that only the Ferry Transports are broken and as far as I know the Wagon Transports work as intended at least they do for me in Balanos, Serendia and Calpheon. I have not yet tested the Ferry Transport but I would like a confirmation if it is indeed broken or not.
    Also one more thing that I personally have experienced in this game version that seems to be the Hunting skill leveling up and being used as intended in a couple of quests I have completed so far however I have no idea if it is only leveling my Hunting skill without any benefit or later usefulness in-game but I just wanted to share what I have come across of things that do work and should not be listed as completely broken yet, in any case you have been most helpful with this list so thank you for your effort :)

4. Calestia

Calestia Banned

I have added character transport and item transport as working features - item transport was fixed with this patch, and character transport was fixed 2 weeks ago.

loboram likes this.
  5. loboram

Thank you once again for your help and could you please check Hunting skill for us as well as I have had it working in a couple of quests so far but haven't gotten around to testing the "going hunting" for hunting's sake part of the game yet.

6. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Added the following things:
    - item transportation fixed.
    - merged rescue/escape categories.
    - added a new "upcoming fixes" indicated as yellow.
    - Added Magic/lucky tools not working to the list.

7. loboram

8. loboram

Oh yeah one thing that is a bit disturbing is using the Character Transport while mounted and arriving without the mount at the destination, however the fix is that you go to the nearest Stable and Remote Collect your mount since you can only lose Trade items which this server has not implemented yet it does only cost you the amount to Recover your mount afterwards it seems that it is not such a huge loss.

9. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Added a player-stats tab
    Added Patch v652 coming soon.

There does seem to be a bug going around with crystals in general, not just the one that you listed.

For example:
    Someone put x2 +2 crit in gloves (it works on retail) but it doesn't work here, she was only getting 3/5 crit rating but I'll need to get more testing done to see if I need to add it to the list.

10. loboram

Strange thing is that I did that and can see a direct result on my Character "sheet" (+4 Crit - 1 Crit (from my Weapon Crystal +2 Casting - 1 Critical) = +3 Crit/+2 Cast) however I have NO clue if it is actually implemented in-game as it might just show as activated but is in fact not really working just like the Luck factor (except the Luck bonus does not show up on the Character sheet) although that might be a lot harder to prove whether it works or not since it is only a slight tweak to a RNG (Random Number Generator) so I might just be "unlucky" (except that there is no scientific basis for such a thing as Luck).

In any case I thank you many times for the time and effort you have put into making this introduction as it should come in extremely handy for new players joining the project :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. Vianns

Vianns New Member

Hello !
    Is there any direct trading system between players enabled ? :)
    Thank you.

12. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Hello,

There is currently no player trading in the game - I'll add this to the thread.

13. Vianns

Vianns New Member

Thank you !

Calestia likes this.
  14. Kahalito

Kahalito New Member

very usefull thx

loboram likes this.
  15. Ratnica

Ratnica New Member

Any news on when trading/hunting/imperial trading will be implemented/fixed?

16. loboram

@Ratnica you will have to ask the Developers if they have an estimate of when they will turn their attention on such problems, however since there are so many other issues and problems at the moment this does not seem like the best usage of their time in my own personal opinion. Things like buggy Mobs, missing NPC's and knowledge to boost Energy seem like the biggest and foremost problem to me then comes the Class Skills and problems in general, only after all the other things are done and working should they turn their attetion to Life Skills since in my opinion it is not what is at the core of this game mainly because Life Skills can be completed while fully or semi AFK and that is not what a game is supposed to be about; just logging into a server and being AFK all day long then say that you have had a good day "playing".

17. Ratnica

Ratnica New Member

Asking about life skills that are not only bugged, but completely missing, and getting a patronizing answer about how a game is best played, also presuming that the player that asked a question is life skiller only, and presuming they don't play the game 'right' or are spending the game all day 'afk'. Suits me right for forgetting just how toxic BDO community is and daring to ask a question that interests me. Won't forget that now though, so all good. Good luck 'playing correctly' the game while looking down on anyone who dares to go gather logs instead of queueing for the 10th rbf that day.

18. loboram

@Ratnica I do not know you or presume to know you so I will go ahead and hope that this is just a bad day for you where you choose to read this as negatively as you possibly can otherwise I would rush to believe you just a troll. At no point in my response do I say any of the things you are pushing onto my commenting your question futhermore I only state (several times) that it is my own opinion and as such it is not fact or how the game "should" be played (of which I speak nothing of by the way) so please re-read my comment without having all those negative thoughts about what I should think of you because the truth is I do not think anything about you at all except that you took the meaning of my comment incredibly negatively and then presumed (funny enough) my intentions about what I actually meant.

This server is still a work in progress and the Gamez Staff are limited, therefore their time and effort to fact check bugs as well as figuring out how to deal with them has to be prioritized and I do not know what they themselves think of as the most important things to fix but I do hope that they read these messages in their forum and listen to their community in general, so when enough people rally around one bug or problem they usually find a fix for it quickly. As I said before it is only my own opinion that Life-Skills aren't exactly game breaking and having three of them disabled does not ruin the gaming experience at least for me and I really hope that it does not for you either since this site/server/team are doing a great job of offering something wonderful to the public for free.

I really hope you have a better day when you read this and think that you might have overreacted a bit in your previous message but most of all I really hope that you can find some joy and fun while playing on this server, I do not know about other players behaving badly by the way because I have learned to always "uncheck" the World/Server/Roleplay chat channels so I do not have to see all the horrible things some people say to each other and can therefore freely enjoy the game without the toxic behavior of others.

Calestia likes this.
  19. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Updated with a new Server Info tab specifically for more info about the server.

Removed and condensed some categories as they fall into the same topic and didn't need to be in split bullet points.
    Added the client version to the thread.
    Added the max amount of pets into the server info.

Speculation / needs testing:
    Added the node rewards systems as working into the patch notes.
    Level 63 belt might be added with v661, needs testing.
    Tent might be added with v661, needs testing.

loboram likes this.
  20. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Added:
    Outfit mixing section.

Removed:
    Leaderboard rank bug (fixed)
    Butcher issue with corpses (fixed)

loboram likes this.