1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Playerbase in Gamezbd

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by sillylorg, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillylorg

sillylorg New Member

Hello,

I wanted to make this thread several times now but always thought "it doesn't stay that way"

But now I looked at the amount of Players Online and its under 2k right now

It has been 2,1k 2,2k 2,3 everytime I looked, be in afternoon, evening, whatever for me these past days

2 Weeks ago we were at around 2,6-2,8k pretty much always

It's pretty demotivating for me personally to see hundreds and hundreds of people leave..is there a reason?

I didn't know there was something that is making these Players quit

I really like this Server but tbh I can't motivate myself to try hard anymore If I know people keep leaving, that the Market will suffer at one point aswell as PvP Content

Is there a new Server or is everyone going to Retail again?

Or did I just come at a time where the Server had unusual much players ?

ty

2. Lorskie

Lorskie WTB>"QQ Section" in the forum

It's a private server. Server population is not guaranteed.

3. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

One possible issue is them changing the website domain to use dot net and closing dot com. Most all youtube videos that helped increase population still points to dot com.

Why they closed dot com and not redirect to dot net is beyond me.

4. sillylorg

sillylorg New Member

Ofc its a Private Server but going from 2,8k to 2,2k is not normal, its not just your average people come and people go kinda thing

5. evo

evo New Member

Unless you've been following the growth of this server from beta until now, discounting that you have no data behind the demographics and geographical locations of those logging in, it's silly to assume anything and make sweeping statements like "its not normal".

Toenail likes this.
  6. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Population with BDO changes on the fly. Spring break may have started or ended for some people. There's also a much bigger gear disparity starting out here, and some people don't have the will to keep playing through it. Retail bdo is also a casual cesspool that encourages afk play, while this version encourages active play.

7. notVoided

notVoided Getting there

Another reason people might be leaving is because of big guild like FML, and Instinct who brag about how many guilds they're made disband.. but nothing we can do about that I suppose.

8. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Vampy was actively discouraging dumping on guilds we don't like, up until he took a break from the game. And honestly, any guild we killed, it's on them. We don't just bully people, unlike FML. We'll fight people for our spots and take them out, of course, but we don't dump on them until they disrespect us. That's when the gloves come off, and that's why there are guilds that we've killed. As for FML, I dunno. They talk like white knights, but act out a different stories sometimes. Either way, it doesn't matter. #s for big guilds are decreasing, too. People are getting bored waiting for siege. There's only so much you can tolerate the cancer of bdo, drops or not, before it gets tiresome.

9. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

You are going to grow bored just as fast when sieges come out, why? Cuz there is only 2 competitive guilds on this server lol. You 2 will take 2 castle and have no one to fight every again..

10. Wonhwa

Wonhwa New Member

You do not have to activate every single node and castle for pvp. What if there was only 1 castle to fight for? Then, it would be entertaining as they would need help to get a castle.

Same goes for nodes and smaller guilds.

11. sillylorg

sillylorg New Member

Well I get what you mean but wouldn't it be good to promote this thing a little bit more ? I heard they already won a lawsuit or something like this, so probably won't be taken down soon

It's just very very demotivating to keep playing if like 800 People leave in a matter of 1 week, it just makes no sense to me, how can so many people get "bored" suddenly?

I feel like theres more than that

12. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

People need to make more youtube videos and or streams on Gamezbd with the correct website domain as the dot com was seized by kakao and all past videos created point to that seized domain. Its going to take time to gain new players through word of mouth again with a major domain change. Also the current "popular" youtube videos about gamezbd need to fix their video descriptions with correct website links, everyone should try contacting them in comments or messages and get then to make these changes.

13. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Comprehensive list why people are quitting:
    - Servers: Servers are generally laggy, desync and completely unplayable for people who are pvping Europe vs NA for example.
    - Donations: Annoyingly long donation process now.
    - Domain: GamezDB domain was taken by Kakao due to art-related issues, the new domain is .net.
    - 1 shot skills: Broken 1 shot skills unfixed for months. Maehwa / Sorc / Musa / Kuno.
    - Node Wars: Node wars promised "soon" several months ago but never actually added; it should never have been told to the players it was "coming" soon.
    - Solo staff member: Kolka is pretty much the only active member of support (that has power to do stuff) specifically for BDO. I have suggested time and time again to start adding new staff members that communicate with the community a bit more - preferably staff that don't play or have ties to anyone within the game or server to prevent corruption. I heard a certain someone in Instinct wanted to be GM and I nearly died from laughter.
    - Punishments: YouTube and Twitch are now sanctioning accounts that show anything Gamez-related.
    - Guilds abusing players: Highly active and geared guilds bullying other guilds into disbanding, claiming an entire channel, spreading lies and malicious rumours cause discord amongst the community. Note: these guilds are happy to argue that "destroying guilds is wrong" yet at the same time on the forums and Discord / server chat brag exactly about how many guilds they've destroyed. (yikes).
    - Other games: New games / expansions coming out; ESO - Summerset, WoW - BFA, Bless Online, Rift Premium servers etc...
    - The black market: There is a massive market for selling accounts on Gamez as it is easy to come in, get geared and then quit. Which ultimately hurts the game.

myka94 and Toenail like this.
  14. sillylorg

sillylorg New Member

Oh well that sucks...I thought I could enjoy this a bit longer and was actually hoping that the player number will go even higher than the 2,8k that I saw on my first day here..Just don't have the time for retail

sad..

15. strashiner

strashiner New Member

the devs need to listen to what the players want
    i believe transparency and communication is KEY

we didnt get it.

16. Chinez

Chinez New Member

It's also Exam week(s) so that would also explain a drop in population for this time period. Nothing to be alarmed about to be honest, this server isn't dying anytime soon.

17. nos4r2

nos4r2 New Member

Well imagine new player just start a few day and try rbf for fun but met pen overlord running around instead getting one shotting from these overlord sound fun right?

Also not to mention grinding spot how the fk new guy gonna fight with pen gear hogging the spot?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Toenail likes this.
  18. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

I have managed, so have hundreds of others, so can you. Its not hard to switch channels, go to another spot or do something else entirely for a while. No different the retail soft cap TET veterans "hogging" grind pots and slaughtering new players in RBF. Learn to overcome the challenges before you or find a more simpler game?

19. Desann

Desann New Member

first day - wow this server is so cool
    next day - wow im geared...
    next day - oh i find a guild but is kinda...toxic
    next day - fck yea lets do some pvp!!! hmm my big,ultra,mega skill doesnt work well...
    next day - i cant do anymore world boss everytime i get killed(leave guild) and i cant grind because pens everywhere,only toxic and annoying players
    next day - ......................
    next day - ok...fck this game!

20. Easay9

Easay9 New Member

This is exactly hit the nail on the head thank you waiting for bless BDOs overall design kills the game that much is true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.