1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Playerbase in Gamezbd

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by sillylorg, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

There are mechanics in bdo that help players to do their things and avoid being slaughtered by higher geared people. If you are brand new and low geared, there is no way to survive rbf anyway, so why are you going there? That being said, in open world, if you are being run out of a grind spot simply because you're being attacked and can't survive, you can ask to party with other players, or use a level 49 character so that they can't do it. There are ways around it. I understand that people are killed for no reason at times even though they are not kill stealing and such, but as I said, it's not stopping you, just use the mechanics set forth by the game itself.

Toenail likes this.
  2. arialqin

arialqin New Member

A huge disappointment I recently have is FML dumping guilds and node camp, killing low geared players over and over again.
    Here's a few I personally had, or heard from other friends, guilds
    1. FML is a early game guide. Early game is easy enhance so they are like all pens. They claims a channel, kill anyone on sight. If not, dec the guild and the guild is pretty much dead that no one in that guild can do any world boss and just get fked over and over again.
    2. I am gathering Sheep with lv49, the FML guy is extremely mad that he cannot PK me to push me out, he then dec my guild and his whole guild just node camp anyone can found us, and killing all my guildies in world boss, we basically cant play the game and unable to leave town. So in the end, I have to beg them and apologize to remove the dec
    3. Same story in plygrim heaven digging rough stone, FMLs are mad because someone else is digging 'His' stones, dec and kill the guild for days, Idk why they enjoy killing new players and 300-400GS lowbies, node camp for days though, seems fun to them

That being said, FML is the reason I knew lot of players left, unable to compete and get trashed. not fun

ninja09 and Toenail like this.
  3. Whiteghost

Whiteghost New Member

Guilds like FML are and will end up ruining this server because they try too hard to flex on the weaker guilds and players. Been playing mmo's for over 17 years and seen this happen hundreds of times. slowly but surely people will stop logging in to deal with bullying and bs and play other games or servers, it's simply just not fun to get shit on by gear carried players.

Toenail, choibento and myka94 like this.
  4. KoroFish

KoroFish New Member

It is great to have a form of competition to motivate yourself to keep playing on the server.

You might complain, but are others abstaining from complaining because there is no point? Imagine if the two major guilds in the server were to disappear, will you stop complaining or will you drive your complaints towards the next guild that acts like FML and so forth? Do you want to sit and read through boring old server chat every day? You claim that you have experienced MMOs for 17 years so I assume you experienced games like AC, UO, EQ, and DAOC so you should be used to it by now.

5. notVoided

notVoided Getting there

Right but the 2 top guilds are allied (FML and Instinct).. what fun is that?

Toenail likes this.
  6. arialqin

arialqin New Member

thats not called competition or motivation, they are just rude bullies with no brain and trash low geared players/ new guilds over and over again. I dont see them dec on top pvp guilds, only unknow randos and the cases like I said, punishing kids for days because someone takes his sheep or stones, if u think thats competition, fun pvp for both side

Toenail likes this.
  7. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Where did you take that info from?
    We are not allied. Alot of our or FMLs members know eachother for a long time from either official BDO or Early gamez. So there is a friendly relationship between our 2 guilds. That does not mean we dont fight over spots or dec wars on eachother.

8. saviourshah

saviourshah New Member

the problem here is that the mechanic that prevent this in retail is completely broken here. gaining karma again is so fast that you gain karma faster thn u kill here so no penalty in killing not to mention no downgrade with negative karma unless -300k which kills the entire system retail build to prevent this. so yea there's no real mechanic in gamez to prevent unless u can get geared 49 to grind thn again why u need 49 once geared :/.

9. n0tl0c

n0tl0c New Member

Retails karma system is broken allows karmabombers to grief people out of rotations. Be glad this game inst like it used to be where lost a good amount exp when you died. If you are getting killed just leave problem solved. there's always spawn at town.

10. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Bullshit answer. If your guild is doing as stated you are effectively driving people away. If other guilds do it shame on them as well.

Sounds like you're shitting in your own backyard. Not a good tactic.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

11. KoroFish

KoroFish New Member

I'm a fish so it is not possible for me to be in the yard. Otherwise, I'll be flopping on the grass for oxygen. You know what happens to a fish when it does not get its water? It can't live. Thankfully, I am a cross-breed between a tree and a fish. I feast on bark and wet moisture to live. Sometimes, salty waters from the ever-present moisture increase a fish's ability to swim and live longer. Luckily for you, a land-breather, has to build a fort to hide in whereas I can camouflage into a statue.

Anywho. There are other guilds doing the same thing too. There is no golden hammer to stop us or any other from continuing the "torture" of players. It is part of the game whether you like it or not. If you do not like it, just place the white flag and take your suitcases somewhere else. I am pretty sure you'll fit right in a box shipped to Project Gorgon. In the end, it is the player's decision whether to keep playing to fight back at the oppressors in the future or give up and quit.

12. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Hmm .. well, as one other person on this thread has mentioned she was a 49er but FML then griefed non stop on her guild. That sounds like bully tactics pure and simple.

Mr. Korofish sounds like he's trying to diffuse the tension and kudos for that, however I'll say this if you want more fish to play with you need to think "future proof".
    A hunter never kills off the young nor the females during breeding season. I don't know how long GamezBD has been going, but I assume its interested in a healthy and growing playerbase; the opposite to entropy.
    If FML keep killing low score players they will eventually spread the word and people will stop coming. Please think more like a hunter or a fisherman and not like a maggot who consumes the entire carcass and then runs out of carcass.

BTW - I'm not talking about a golden hammer, and I don't like that solution either. I think that with power comes responsibility and self restraint. For sure try to gank me when it's obvious I'm gankable, but dec-ing on a guild to get back at a 49er shows a lack of moral fibre. No honour. No honourable person or fish would do that or should do that. But then, the rest of us should know that this sort of thing is likely to happen. So all of us, bother ganker and gankee should think and act on what suits us best. Personally I want a thriving community when I start PvPing seriously.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  13. Proto

Proto New Member

1) We're not an honorable guild.
    2) If you're not in my guild, I don't care about your feelings.
    3) We play by the same rules given to us that govern the game at its core.
    4) It's not my fault you don't have gear, experience, or the drive to progress faster.
    5) It's not my job to nurture the nest here. Zero conflict breeds zero population.

We don't even have a wildly active playerbase as a whole, either. It's calmed down drastically here on GameZ as the last couple of updates have been underwhelming while waiting on nodewars for 9+ weeks now after being told they were "almost done" 2 months ago. So while you guys whine and complain about how much your life sucks because of a very small handful of players I suggest you gitgud and just L2P because you're not going to get any sympathy out of me or FML. If it's not us — it'll be someone else. PVP happened in a PVP game.

I honestly can't believe how pussified the MMO gaming community has become since my days in Ultima and AC1 and Shadowbane all the way until today. 20 years of MMO's and people have truly become whiny little crybabies it's almost like an Anderson Cooper special on cyber-bullying. I want to vomit.

14. Calestia

Calestia Banned

Can you spend less time changing your attitudes constantly and keep buying stuff from the webshop so the EU servers are here quicker?

FML when they came:
    We should make non-aggression pacts so we can defend ourselves and have friends on this server.
    We also care what people think of us.

FML when they're geared:
    We don't give a fuck about server pop.

Your ideology is quite simply beyond silly at this point.

15. Proto

Proto New Member

upload_2018-4-18_15-25-15.png

xMovingTarget and LordXenon like this.
  16. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

First up, Instinct and FML are not allied. We fight each other fairly often.

Second, get used to this kind of thing. It's a no tolerance environment, and I'd rather it be that way. I hate the idea that just showing up means you deserve something. You don't. If you're getting killed by a player, you leave. I don't even like the level 49 mechanic. It's stupid. Fosters laziness and complacence. Yeah, it's nice that you can farm without interruption, but that's not the point of this game. You should be gearing so you can flex on people and ensure that you can farm in peace or compete with the guys with good gear. There aren't even enough mobs or grinding spots for the current population of gamez to all be farming in each spot with 0 pvp.

Third, you guys are a bunch of cry babies. If being pk'd is enough to make you quit, then you have no place here. Swap channels and avoid them. Don't antagonize them. You won't have a bad time then.

Players are just way more selfish, way more coddled, and way less understanding than they used to be. It's less about this being a game anymore, and more about more people wanting things to be the way they want it to be without working towards it.

17. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Protozoa. Single cell no brain. Yep name checks out, O hey can I join your geeeld Meester Proto sorr?

Lordxenon. "Players are just way more selfish, way more coddled, and way less understanding than they used to be. It's less about this being a game anymore, and more about more people wanting things to be the way they want it to be without working towards it."

Awww you poor liddle didums, need a bit of coddling do you, I'm very understanding, c'mere and let me give you a big mushy hug you big lummock you. At least be consistent LORD xenon hehehe, thanks you made my day!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  18. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

I'm glad I could make your day. It means you'll spend one less day being huddled up in a safespace, crying about where the big bad FML touched you.

Toenail likes this.
  19. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Don't give yourself too much credit kiddo. This is a game and FML touched me not a not a skerric ... not where I didn't enjoy it anyway ... LORD ... Xenon hehehe ... Lordy-lordy, for some reason that name just splitz muh sides ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.