1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Garmoth needs an adjustment

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CLANNADaniel, Dec 4, 2019.

?

Do you think Garmoth should have an adjustment?

1. Yes, nerf that iframe flying bugged thingy and her summons or bring back the despawn=loot.

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Vell's heart should be in her loot table so that more people will go kill her.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. The two above^

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No, let that boss die... I mean, despawn, everytime.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

There is a problem now with Garmoth and we all know it, she is literally unkillable without an army of 20-30 people with high gear score.
    People tend to not go there because she has iframes that take 10 minutes of her despawn time wether they are official and unofficial iframes because of the bugs when she lands slightly above the ground (if she lands under the ground you can still damage her, but you won't see when she will begin attacking back). If I remember correctly there used to be a feature so that we could get the drop even if she despawned, if we get this back, that would grant the drop even for a person who is soloing the boss.
    Her despawn time is 15 minutes when it should be 30, it is bugged here and in retail aparently, and this make things worse.
    She also has some attacks that have an aoe larger than it should and deals a ton of damage. She is also a damage sponge boss, like the mobs she summon, wether they are the wolves or the pillars, they are too tanky.
    We also know that Vell doesn't work here so Vell's heart is impossible to get (unless you save 30B silver or more and bid for it in the Imperial Auction Manager... Remember that the market price for that item is around 1,1B) so I thought you could add Vell's heart to her loot table so that we could get it easier, that way more people would come kill the boss.
    If you have anymore suggestions or agree with mine post it.
    Thanks for reading.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I do like that you are making suggestions, however the idea of making WORLD-BOSSES soloable is ridiculous.
    This game is ALL about party-adventuring as well as large scale battles whether it be against World/Field-Bosses or in the PvP instances, so it just seems extremely far fetched to make those Bosses a-heck-of-a-lot easier to defeat.

As I stated to begin with I do really like suggestions, means that players are taking an active interest in making this project better, but once again adding the Vell's Heart to a loot table of one of the land bosses also seems to take away from the idea of having this game be more than just what the mainstreamers want to turn it into. It is SO much more than how the mainstreamers see it as, and because they do not want to partake in the entirety of the game, the Central Market is nearly empty and the incentive for other types of player-mentality to join our community is being decreased.

Luckily there is a huge reworking of the Sea-faring part of the game in the works...hopefully we will get it soon after it is released for "Retail-BDO", which will indeed give the developers the opportunity to make changes to the Ocean-World that will be including a Sea-Monster, perhaps even the Vell-Boss itself, or just a powered version of another Sea-Monster for the specific drop of the Vell's Heart item.

I do hope you aren't discouraged with my answer to this post, I am not criticising you nor your suggestion, I am merely adding my personal opinion on the topic. So please do not stop making suggestions...they may one day come to be a reality.

Lastly about Garmoth being bugged, there is a very well documented bug report of that, Also the fact that because mainstreamers adhere to a specific way of playing the game many of the Field/World-Bosses aren't being engaged at all, and some only once or twice a month. So that is indeed a huge problem, which has also been mentioned more than once in the forum, with many suggestions to how to make them ALL more attractive to defeat. My contribution was to add the Adventurer's Backpack drop from them all, but nothing has been done about it yet, most likely to the fact that the forum medium is not being used by about 95% of the server population...again mainstreamers cutting out means to communicate with the site, I can only imagine that they think it is a drag to READ, also that they think this form of communication is outdated and therefore to be made fun of instead of being used actively.

3. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

So basically you are saying that Garmoth won't be changed although no one wants to kill her.
    And despite the efforts to bring people back to killing her which were proven not to be effective at all. Nothing will change and Garmoth will keep on despawning.
    You sure know how to balance a game...

I'll give you an example on how to do it: You know there is a game called SoulWorker; in this game, everytime a new raid with new better gear comes out, the previous best gear is easier to enhance and craft. In this case, since most people that played Garmoth already has her heart because they lived the times where you could get her drop even if she despawned, they won't come back for it no matter how many things you put in her drop table (but Vell's heart, because it's nearly impossible to get).

It is a fact, nobody would like to go to the middle of nowhere (Drieghan is isolated and far away from central most populated towns, Velia and Heidel) to kill a boss who is practically unkillable if you don't have more than 20 high geared people because of long iframes, short despawning times (15 mins is ridiculous), high hp boss, high hp mobs, high hp pillars... It is for sure a waste of time nowadays, to the point where Garmoth is almost a meme. And you won't do anything about it.

Saying it is a common thing for any boss nowadays because people don't want to engage them is a problem because people may be tired of going to the same boss to end up getting nothing valuable in return for their invested time, and no, rng boxes are not valuable, nobody likes rng. People are not engaging because of profit, if you put 100m of golden bars and loyalty points for everyone in the drop from bosses everyone would quit afk farming and begin engaging. And even if you put 100m and loyalty points for boss in their drops, people won't be engaging Garmoth still because all the things I said before.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  4. KeO

KeO New Member

on topic: Garmoth used to despawn also in retail, still he could give you the same drops as if you killed him, as always its RNG if you get the heart and other loots etc, but from what i understand in the telegram channels (updates), he did die just a few hours ago. I was there, sadly no heart or big loot, but only akum stuff and crystals etc,

It would be a good idea to add the Vell's heart to his loot table. Plus maybe adding abit more of % to the heart if thats what you wanted or the horn ionno.

loboram likes this.
  5. RokuVI

RokuVI <SilverBullet>

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello again, Daniel, first up I really want YOU to clarify some things in this quoted message above:
    When you use the term "you" in this reply, who are you referring to? Is it me the one who replied to your post, or is it the Staff of GamezBD?

Secondly, this ENTIRE game (Black Desert Online) is litterally BASED on Random Number Generators, so it is not as if the players get to have a say in how the game handles its core-mechanisms, since that is probably one of the things the developers of GamezBD cannot tamper with.

Thirdly, it is simply beyond reason to think that a game labled as an Action-MMO-RPG-game should not be about Massively Multiplayer Online gaming, that being said then it is quite easy to understand why there SHOULD be enough players gathered around the WORLD/field-Bosses in order to actually defeat them. Now it is true that some of them are supremely difficult to defeat, without the added bugs, and some could be handled with a mere handful of adventurers, but all in all it is not because of what GamezBD has done or not done to the game, however it is ENTIRELY because of how mindlessly mainstreamers are at just following the ONE-WAY-TO-PLAY mentality, seriously thinking that one person in the world would have the answers to an entire gaming experience, never adding anything for the individual players to experience on their own.

So in conclusion, I get that you are using/abusing the forum for complaining as pretty much everyone else thinks it is for -apparantly- but it is for SO MUCH more if only mainstreamers would finally stop following and grow their own brains/development/personalities/ideologies. I think this is the problem, I may very well be wrong about it, but unfortunately it is a horrifying trend that is expanding all over the entirety of the Globe and into pretty much every aspect of human lives now as well. The facts remain the same, it is a player driven adventuring-world, and when they just up and choose to stop doing large parts of the game content (cause some arsehole just told them all to), then it is certainly NOT up to the staffmembers of GamezBD to change the content of the game, in order to satisfy the EXTREMELY small amount of players who actually take advantage of the entirety of the gaming experience, as well as those who ever use this forum. Do you not agree? Or do you somehow feel entitled to whatever is in the game to be handed to you, just because this is a Free-gaming-project?

7. Elyann

Elyann Getting there

Garmoth does need a fix.

While she can definitely be killed she's a huge buggy mess of a boss ( stares at Kutum as well ) ; sometimes she gets stuck flying or she lands right above the ground thus making it be impossible for the players to hit her , her aoe are badly telegraphed and actually hit beyond the range shown by the marker , ecc .

I also agree with the fact that since Vell doesn't work in here as a boss his heart should at least be added to another boss' drop table ( be it Garmoth or any other boss , idm ).

As for the adds , statues and for Garmoth's health themselves....they are honestly fine as they are. This boss is meant to be fought by a lot of people, the only reason as to why this doesn't always happen is that it's just so bugged that not many players want to have to deal with it.
    I've seen Garmoth go down a lot of times but I also know the frustration of when she despawns cause of the lack of players around .
    I'd personally enjoy it if her despawn time was increased...or if she spawned more frequently.

loboram likes this.