1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What is a "Troll" on GamezBD?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Feb 6, 2020.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

The definition seems to be a wide-ranging load of variations about what constitutes an "internet-troll", for instance this page has a lot of types of trolls: https://www.lifewire.com/types-of-internet-trolls-3485894
    I can even see how from the definitions offered here, that even I might be considered one (#2,3,4,5,8,9), which I can CLEARLY see as a stereotype depicting some of my comments, both in-game and on the forum BUT all in all, it is still a point of view.

I might be offended by players using abusive language on our server-chat, or players who use the terms for homosexuals as a degrading or in general negative thing, or even how the use of "pussy" is demeaning to women, since it is widely (or at least used to be) used to mean Weak or Inferior.

My intention with writting this is that I had a nasty experience on the in-game server-chat today, not that long ago infact, with Onyx_XV and HEIHurricane specifically. Where I did infer that they were behaving very "trollish" towards me, after I was having a conversation (on an otherwise EMPTY server-chat at the time) with Arch, about humans and their need for belief in the supernatural, which I ended in how the ENTIRE world would benefit from calling ALL religions what they really are; Cults. If the planet were to label them what they truly are and remove ALL their wealth, there would easily be enough money to feed, clothe, and home ALL humans on this planet.

So yeah, it WAS off-topic, it was a "know-it-all" piece of information, and did indeed devolve into a persistent debate, ALL of which are clear signs of "Trolling" as the article puts it. However I NEVER intended it to be ANYthing but a small conversation (since NO-one else was using the server-chat for about 5 minutes) about something that I was thinking about at that time, and I was indeed having it with Arch.

So when suddenly without prompt both of the other two players joined in, ONLY to tell me to SHUT-THE-FUCK-UP, and that "I was being an arsehole" (paraphrased), couldn't help but take it personally and as a "trollish-attack". Especially when they came out of no-where with their comments and antagonism for what seemed to be NO good reason at all, but to be bullying as well as offensive.

This devolved into a LONG debate that was getting more and more aggro, despite trying for all I was worth, to not have it become more personal nor idiotic. I tried my best to make factual statements, which were quite often interpreted instead of read, and then when they just outright started lying about what I had said and had happened I did get upset.

I have the ENTIRE transcript screenshot, of the event, and I would gladly like to offer it as a means to figure out;
    When is the limit crossed?

What constitutes a "troll" on our community?

When is enough, enough?

Can it really be a matter of definition and that there is no right or wrong at all?

Is it a "moving target" depending on who the reader of the text is, or how they interpret it?

How can we all make GamezBD a better place for as many players as possible?

I am seriously asking, because when a player start engaging in a conversation between two others, with the "standard troll phrase" STFU, which literally means SHUT THE FUCK UP, then it is not a snowflake* comment but for any reasonably intelligent person, an insulting antagonising bullying comment to throw up onto the chat.

*once again a "standard troll phrase" what's even more stupid is that most of them are just parroting it without ANY idea of its origin from Popular-Culture specifically when and where the quote was made world famous

At no point was I nor Arch inviting anyone into our conversation, yet these two players felt it was their "duty" to insert themselves into it, and to behave like childish-trolls about it.

THE WHOLE THING could've been solved with an EXTREMELY simple phrase; "Excuse me, but what you are chatting about is bothering me, could you please use the /whisper function instead?"

BUT NO! They had to get in there with their aggro-comments and build it out of proportion, until Onyx_XV was literally trying to keep up with a Scandinavian translation in-real-time on google-translate, JUST to keep lying about what I was saying in the chat, EVENthough I wasn't using English. That seems above and beyond what ANYone who isn't a troll would do in a reasonable situation. But then again, the situation was far from reasonable...unfortuantely this seems to be the accepted "norm" when it comes to how to treat others while online, which has been my struggle ever-since I joined this otherwise wonderful-project.

ALL I ever wanted was to make NEW-Players feel at ease here on our community, and NOT just leave the first time they noticed how the server-chat was being overly abusive and completely ignored by the Staff at that time...Yeah I know that nowadays it is a HELLUVALOT better, than it used to be, but still players feel like they are untouchable and that they can behave bullyingly (trollish) towards others for WHATEVER reason they think is justified.

2. Negromancer

Negromancer Banned

I think that you're an overly sensitive individual with too much free time.

3. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

The limit is crossed when the 'trolling' gets out of hand. No one minds some humor. I quickly skimmed through your post and if I understood it correctly, you were offended by another player calling you 'gay' and you think it's used in some kind of derogatory context. Whether you are one or not, I believe you are simply overthinking the words of random strangers on the internet.
    We have communication blocking implemented. If it annoys you that a player says you are gay, simply block them. If the 'troll' goes beyond that and keeps harassing you through a new character, you can file a report on the player and we will act on the harassment. Player will receive a temporary chat ban and account ban if necessary.
    Enough is enough as soon as you feel harassed to the point you are not encouraged anymore to keep going.
    There is no right and there is no wrong at all. It's all subjective and each person sees it differently. User X might be offended by a troll sending them a message with the N-word, while user Y might see it as something not necessarily wrong.
    Yes. Judging from your post, it's safe for me to assume you will get offended by anyone referring to you as.. e.g. 'doodoo-head'. For a matter of fact, not everyone is as sensitive. You could refer to me using such words and I would not care at all.
    We already do that. We handle reports appropriately and we do our best to ensure the best user experience.

loboram and Primez like this.
  4. loboram

Thanks for answering my post...unfortuantely it didn't really help at all...but that was to be expected.

I will be making reports with screenshots of who did what to earn the problematic title of "troll", but what I was REALLY trying to get was a definition standard, but as you clearly stated: "There is NO right or wrong...It is COMPLETELY subjective" (paraphrased).

The thing is, that most of these people who do this "trolling", have never experienced war, or a dictator-facist-state, to be persecuted based ENTIRELY on what the government thinks is bad, for free-thinkers and journalists to be rounded up and taken away to never be seen again.

This is the basis of my lament, that the "trolling" Very Quickly turns into harassment, in the definition that, those harassing are using bullying tactics in order to silence those that they do not agree with.

First up, they try to silence them, by loudly proclaiming that they should just "Shut-The-Fuck-Up", as if this is something that everyone gladly says to each other in Real-Life. Then they move on to ridiculing the ones they disagree with, instead of making it a discussion they quickly make it into an argument. Then they move on to the more sinister side of things all the way to just outright Gaslighting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting) their "victims".

This is somehow "okay" to do online, but it really shouldn't be, also telling someone online to "just block" is really the lowest form of non-help that you might offer. So when I say that this answer really wasn't helpful at all, that is what I mean. You (GamezBD) are in fact letting players get harassed and abused in ways that are simply above and beyond what should be expected in a GAME (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game), which by definition should be instances where people go to enjoy themselves, and not be abused in the server-chat nor feel harassed by a handful of human-dumbarse-pricks.

So I am hopeful that you can see that I am not "just being a dramaqueen...just a soft weakling...a snowflake...a pussy" or whatever other dumbarse excuse those pricks use to justify their behavior, but that there is a sinister motivation behind letting players be so abusive to towards others that they loose the will to keep playing on our community.

You see @Noyah, that is ALL I am interested in, limiting the amount of players being literally FORCED out of our community by one or two other players, who STILL think it is perfectly okay to behave like this towards others, and by doing so as well as allowing them to continue, you are ONLY encouraging other aspiring "trolls" to join in and grow in confidence to actually start doing the same. This leads to MORE toxicity, one of the MAIN-reasons for MOST intelligent players to leave "Retail-BDO", and seek the game elsewhere.

I know that I have been the drive behind trying to moderate the in-game server-chat more times than I can count now, as well as here on the forum, but it stands to reason that if this sort of thing can still happen -openly and without consequences- then it is not going to "go away on its own", nor is the GamezBD-site and servers going to become a respectable and nice as well as reasonably "safe" place to play or stay for a longer time-period.

Hopefully, the staff of GamezBD can finally start employing moderators (or volunteer moderators), to do something more substantial other than just offer the quite useless standard answer: "Just Block".
    You (GamezBD) do know -as well as hopefully understand- that "just blocking" is NOT a solution, since the offenders just keep going, to "just block" is basically the same as "looking the other way" when someone is commiting a crime, you are letting the criminal get away with the crime and pretending that it didn't happen.

5. Yoshi69

Yoshi69 New Member

"The thing is, that most of these people who do this "trolling", have never experienced war, or a dictator-facist-state, to be persecuted based ENTIRELY on what the government thinks is bad, for free-thinkers and journalists to be rounded up and taken away to never be seen again." This is the internet lol.

6. loboram

Let me get this straight...You @Yoshi69 think that it is something to be made fun of, that statement you quoted?

So I am to think that you have never had a single traumatic experience in your life? Since you obviously think that it is completely alright to make fun of people who have?

7. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

I think this is just going too far...

8. Negromancer

Negromancer Banned

I am war veteran with over 300 confirmed kills, I will have you know that I shitpost on the internet on a daily basis.

9. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I remember reporting a player that was harassing newly gamez players that joined my guild to the point they were being threatened to leave the guild or the server, otherwise that player wouldn't stop killing, offending and/or harassing them. And you said it wasn't harassment at all. Guess what? They couldn't keep going anymore, and eventually they ended up leaving the server.

loboram likes this.
  10. loboram

You know what @sergio909, you Might be right about this, but if others do this and MUCH much worse, I do not think that I have even approached the limit yet. Yeah I agree did I did lash out against @Yoshi69 for his insane reply to my post, but then again, seriously think about it just for a moment, how on Earth could I possibly make it any more clear that the reply it/she/he gave is so incredibly far out and misguided that it/she/he REALLY should take a moment to think before just posting something. YES! I am WELL aware of ironic that statement is coming from me. I too am overcome by the emotional toils of my existence, and frequently write responses that are a bit too far, sometimes not even on topic at all, so yeah I get it, sometimes humans do make mistakes, and since I am on Earth, I HAVE to be a human right?
    Look @Negromancer, while I am completely unable to tell whether you are telling the "truth" or not, as in you could easily be quoting a game that you played, also your forum-profile-name would suggest something is off, I am only left with the quite simple conclusion I can draw based on what you have offered AND what I have experienced.

First up, let me tell you that out of the 30+ war-veterans I have met myself, only 1 of them was deluded enough to actually want to brag about his tour. He had to get some serious psychological help later on in life, but that is a different story, what is true is that MOST of them wanted to forget. NONE of them actually wanted to relive what had happened in the course of their tour(s), because while retelling the experiences they would inevitably remember them as well as feel them all over again, and since most children/teenagers think that it is just "SO COOL!" to be in an actual war, to have to fight other humans with deadly means, to have your life threatened what feels like almost ALL the time, then I can alleviate you all of those notions.

Whatever you think it is as well as anything you see on TV and in the Movies, is NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to what it is to live through something like that. So while you are ignorant to the facts of what that is like, it is also incredibly implausible for these words to make ANY difference to you, because in your world you will ALWAYS know much better than anyone else about everything, which of course is the golden-standard of being really young, and nothing is strange or wrong about that.

What is however strange and VERY wrong is to just out of the blue claim to have murdered 300+ people as well as to state it in passing that you have been in a war and had a "great time" because you are obviously bragging if you are stating things like the amount of murders you have commited. So yeah all in all I am having an exceptionally hard time believing you, and to be fair why on Earth should I believe what anyone ("troll") says on the forum, cause it is "just the internet" right?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  11. Noyah

What did you expect?

12. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

@loboram

forum-dweller
    You've basically lived your life posting or commenting on a forum or group of forums on some nondescript website or platform.

If the forums go quiet longer than 3 hours, you're mentally breaking down.

You should probably find something else to do... but no, you're refreshing the page every minute to check if anyone's said anything.

...Huh. Think it's about time to take a break? No...?

Well fuck.

Person A: Hey, what the fuck are you doing up at 2:51 AM? Look at all these threads, you've been posting since about 20 hours ago! Get some sleep, you're acting like you're some forum-dweller. Please, just get some rest. It's not healthy.

Person B: ...I just want someone to talk to. C'mon, don't do me like this. There isn't much in my life I'd rather be doing.

Person A: Okay, okay. Maybe... you could just get some sleep and then once you wake up, then you'll have some fresh material. You don't have to stare at the forum for hours at a time.

Person B: Fine.

#forum#obsessive#exaggeration#unhealthy

source: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Forum Dweller

13. loboram

Hmmm, that is indeed a good question, I REALLY have NO idea what I was expecting at all, except maybe for some form of "OH YEAH! I know those two, and they have been doing much worse" from someone else in the community, but unfortunately this webpage goes underused to the point where it is difficult to tell if ANY players on Telegram even know of its existence.

This is pure speculation, but still it does seem as if it is a reality; since it is indeed unfortunate that the majority of "new players" seem to have an inability to read in general. Most of them opting for videos to explain things to them, and alleviating the necessity to learn how to read extendedly, which really should be a "blessing" because it empowers people once they realize that they can harness the internet to LEARN. To just educate themselves in every aspect of science that they wish to know more about, when I say science I mean anything you might learn at a university including Social-studies, Psychology, History, Philosophy, and pretty much anything really. The scientific method is adaptable to any field of study in existence really.

SO...back to the issue at hand...What did I expect from you specifically @Noyah?
    That is indeed a great question, because I was trying to get the attention of the community in this case, and not the staff of GamezBD (although it seems that EVERYtime I direct a message to them they do not answer at all), to say this:
    As @Jujuba stated, and I am pretty sure that she/he/it isn't the only one who has had that happen MORE than once, there are players being "forced" off our community by a handful of entitled-childish-egocentric-bullies, and the small effort you have made personally @Noyah, because it was indeed surprising to see you write on the EU-server once upon a time, was indeed a wonderful addition, but as you yourself stated on that particular day; "This chat is pretty boring" (paraphrased).

So all I was asking for, was in essence for other players to moderate their "knee-jerk" reactions to what they read on our community and instead of making the "usual" type of comments, that they might do on the "Retail-BDO"-version, then instead try out the much more "humane" and intelligent answer.

If something really bothers you, then ask the player to please stop doing that, always take a screenshot of what has bothered you and your plea to make them stop, as well as their answer of course.
    If a conversation is going on that bothers you, then ask the players involved to please take it to /whisper, OR even better yet, find a Discord Server Channel, where they will be able to do whatever they wanna to each other without having to bother the entirety of the GamezBD-community on that server-chat.

As you can plainly see @Noyah this is not too much to ask someone, doesn't matter how entitled-spoiled-brat-like they are in Real-Life, they will simply have to play ball here on our community, according the the server-rules. It isn't an incredible ask at all, it is indeed just a reasonable and sensible thing to ask other players on our community to live up to...that was basically all I was expecting in my imaginary world, but I am well aware of the complexity of the core-issue of this whole debate.

As you yourself put it; "It is not a definite thing, what is offensive, it is completely subjective" (paraphrased). To this I will just try to quote the server-rules which quite clearly state a few things that indeed are "going too far", and the notion of being harassed cannot be something that is up for debate either, if a player feels harassed by one or two other players then it stands to reason that the Staff of GamezBD should at the very least live up to their own rule-set, and just ask those players to lay off the one complaining. Do you not agree?

This barely merits an answer, but since you took the time to so CLEARLY be a troll towards me on this very post thread, which is really unbelievable how much of an eejit you would have to be to do so, I will merely say that you are obviously one of these players, or handful of players, who think that this ENTIRE community thinks like you do, and that you can therefore get away with anything you want to do.

I truly hope that the Staff of GamezBD, at the very least give you a warning about this specific reply to my post thread.

14. Jujuba

And, soemtimes, it still happens. No matter how much screenshots my members provide to Noyah expecting some action, nothing ever happens. So what did I do? I've stopped giving support for brazilian community, so everytime a new member has no answer to their questions, they will leave. It's sad, but what can I do? Like they said... "I'm not paid to give support here", right? So I'm onl helping All Stars' members, I'm not recruiting new players anymore, so gamez could feel that impact. But do they care? I don't know... I think not, because I'm playing here since October 2018 and I've seen many players leaving the server and nothing has been done. So it's ok I guess. lmao

It's HE, btw. :p

loboram likes this.
  15. loboram

Look even though I am not part of the Staff I am still somehow sorry that you have gone through that.

I get that there have been an Enormous amount of players rooting for GamezBD -in the beginning especially- with a ton of volunteer players, doing everything from bug finding and reporting, to making this a wonderful place for new players in general, but this was back when most of the mainstreaming-trollish-toxic players were playing on "Retail-BDO". This actually worked out perfectly for both communities, since the players on GamezBD had left the other place exactly to avoid that kind of hostile-toxicity, and the ones who stayed on "Retail-BDO" could then continue behaving like little-spoiled-brats, and EVERYbody won.

Then unfortunately some of the toxic-players got wind of the Private-Server scene, and quickly figured out that they could easily rule over those servers, which lead to the "great migration". For about a year players were moving between the different Private Servers, figuring out where the game worked the best and eventually many started putting down roots here on GamezBD.

This was an Awesome development for the GameZ-site in general as they suddenly gained close to 5000 players in a period, MANY of which were paying players, and they had pretty much all joined together in huge guilds. BUT the problem was that they -of course- brought with them the mindset of the toxic "Retail-BDO", and I can only imagine that the mega-income for GameZ made it difficult to fight the Amazingly-Staggering amount of toxic behavior that followed in its wake.

I think it ended when enough bad publicity was being spread -on various media- about how badly the staff of GamezBD was handling the development, because all of a sudden the server got some enforceable rules (they might have existed before), and although they were vague, they were being enforced and MANY players got banned, which of course lead to the "free-speech" discussion of back then, and the mass exodus of many of those players, who probably felt as if they could no longer "be free to express themselves", despite their affect on all the other players they were doing it to of course.

Now many months (about a year) later, we are in a limbo state, where the server doesn't want to loose more of its paying crowd (mainly the spoiled ones I imagine), so in order to keep them around the enforcement of the rules has gone from a daily (even hourly) thing, to a every few days -perhaps even a week- thing, which makes players (who are fighting to keep the community toxicity free and the trolls to a bare minimum) feel as if nothing they are doing to help out the entire community is making ANY difference at all.

That is where the staff HAS to make some changes in order to help the players STAY playing on GamezBD, as well as attract the kind of players who will GLADLY donate because GameZ is actually doing a great job of listening to their players, and living up to their own site rules.

Now I know that I made several conjectures and speculations in that bit of text, and if anyone feels as if I have gotten it completely wrong then yeah, I probably did, but I still think that much of what I have said is true.

16. Noyah

There is a huge difference between non-stop pvp harassment and personal harassment. A difference that you somehow fail to understand. You can't report players and expect to see them punished simply because they chose to play the game more aggressively. As long as they don't violate the server rules, they will not be punished. As simple as that.
    Hunting each other non-stop is not harassment, it's an integral part of the game. Threatening to kill each other in the game is not harassment. Expressing your opinion and trying to "steal" players from one guild to another is definitely not harassment.

17. Jujuba

All you choose to read was "PvP", but it went far than that, as I proved in those SS I provided. There are tons of offenses, not only from him but from his entire guild, made by ex players banned from All Stars due to their toxicity and scams. And I have it all to prove that. But doesn't matter anymore, if you don't care, me neither. You're the only one losing players here, not me. Because new players won't join those guilds with toxic leaders. (calm)

loboram likes this.
  18. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

@Jujuba I don't follow ur entire story but pvp harassment in a game designed with world-pvp in mind is fine. Direct insulting others isn't. BDO simply isn't Hello Kitty Online and it isn't a game for snowflakes. It's a MMORPG where people behave the way they want. This has been the case in every MMORPG I've played. You have the "community helpers" on one side, you have the "evil hearted gankers" on the other.
    You have a block function to control things that annoy you. You have a report function too for direct insults, name calling and racism. In the pvp light of things, this game's core is built around and was marketed for hardcore world-pvp. In the first versions of the game you would even lose experience from getting pked. That's the kind of game BDO is in its roots.
    So I fully agree with Noyah and I'm glad she and the Gamez staff don't touch the retail principles and laws of BDO. Trolls and pvp harassment exist on retail as they do here. And just as in retails you have your own personal tools to deal with it if you are a sensitive person like TS. Stop wasting Noyah's time please, this isn't a kindergarten, you have more control than you realize.

And I was there in the situation TS describes. And from my perspective TS blew things off the charts after getting a one-liner tease where a player remarked how such a heavy loaded discussion was being had in a video-game chat past midnight. Is that so horrible? He could've just continued his conversation and paid no attention to it. But instead he bit and became passive-aggressive, emotional, obsessed over it and started belittling others as if he was a superior human being. And to top it off he began acting as if he has GM authority by ban threatening players in whisper attacks.

I already gave TS way more attention than he deserves. Pretty much this:

19. loboram

I cannot believe that you are so basic to just repeat what you have heard others say, do you even know where that quote was made World-Famous; "snowflake", have you seen the popular-culture it originated from?
    Also NOBODY EVER has advocated for a "Hello Kitty World"-kinda game, that is just you being overly sensitive, it just stands to reason that some players are intelligent enough to know what is what, and others...hmmm...not so much I guess.
    When you say "Retail-Principles and laws of BDO", do you REALLY have ANY idea of what the heck you are talking about, or are you Just repeating again like a bloody parrot?
    You see whatever liar you are quoting here is probably just repeating whatever they heard, and so on.
    The thing is, the very idea of "Retail" being an actual thing is just false, since there are at the very least two versions of Black Desert Online. The one created originally for the SEA-market, by Pearl Abyss, and the one that was released to the "western"-market. The westerners Utterly destroyed the original version, and when Pearl Abyss saw just how big the market was, as well as how many players were willing to spend really big bucks on it, THEN started trying to work on versions that would accomodate that.
    SO when you say the "Principles and laws", what you are referring to is indeed merely an ideology, that was started ENTIRELY by players on the western-servers, which means factually that it is NOT a principle made by the creators of the game, NOR is it a "law" other than the fact that it has become mainstream, as well as fiercely defended, so the "trolls" can continue behaving like little spoiled-children while in-game.
    I am amazed, that you said exactly what I intended to say about the sort of behavior, kindergarteners playing a game where they think that they can behave as badly as possible, because "this is the internet" right?
    About the So Called control that you say that players have, yeah as a community we do have control to either allow or disallow that sort of behavior on our community. But as an individual player what you mean to say is that the "obvious option is to just block". However the very reason for this thread is to make sure, that as many players come in here and give their opinion on the matter, so that the COMMUNITY is taking a stand on the matter, not just a couple of players.
    You say "just block", however it isn't a solution for the whole community, when it doesn't make that player silent, since they can then continue to "troll" ALL other players forever. So many players have this apparent experience of the staff of GamezBD not listening to them when they report players for offenses listed in the server-rules. If they stop believing in the staff dealing with the reports, then they will just stop reporting which is turn allows players to continue their insane behavior.
    TS I suppose this is short for Thread-Starter?
    Well the thing is, without your in-game name, or actual screenshots from the "situation" as you put it, nothing you say is worth anything really. I could have tried to report them, but unfortunately I did not take enough screenshots of the event, to be able to document the ENTIRE event. I do have some screenshots, about 15 pages of chat or so, but I cannot scientifically submit a report without providing Proper proof, meaning that it is WELL-DOCUMENTED.
    SO while you are poking at me ("trolling" as usual), making up statements about what happened, I can on the other hand provide substantial proof of what I was a part of. It is not there in its entirety, but enough of it is to provide proof for you being a direct liar in your previous statement.
    I am fully aware that EVERYTHING CAN be interpreted, and it is indeed up to your level of intelligence to figure out whether you are doing so or not. Whether you remember things differently to what actually happened or not. Whether you are just lying to gain attention, or not. Whether you are lying to yourself, which is the one that requires the most amount of intellect, to be able to see through.

I get that you want me to be "wrong", not just about my experience on the in-game server-chat, but in general you just want me to be wrong about EVERYTHING I have said here. Because if I am, then you and your pals can continue degrading this otherwise wonderful project into a mere pale comparison to the western-version of BDO. Basically a bugged, "buffed" version of the official-western-BDO, that is behind schedule in updates, and the only thing being offered really is the free pearls, which MANY "spoiled-trolls" on our community already have complained about.

So once again, for all those who didn't take the time to actually read why I am posting this in the first place;
    1. Join this thread if you feel that your voice isn't getting heard in regards to reporting players, and let your voice be heard on our community, the more who come forwards the better.

2. The ONLY way to stop inbred-dumbarse behavior of "trolling", is to demand it ends as an entire community, since this ISN'T the western-official-BDO-version, and it really shouldn't be. The notion that leaving "tolls" to continue behaving like that is idiotic at best, at worse it corrupts the entire community.

3. If you happen to be one of these "trolls", and you would like to continue behaving like a kindergartner, then by all means; go join the official-western-version of BDO. You will find SO many others who think that exact same way there, and will finally feel that you are "at home, and among your own kind".

4. "Trolls" I know that it is a mere matter of time before the gates of patience are burst, and you come crawling or slithering in here, to say your peace, to defend the most unspeakably idiotically insane way to behave, that you just keep finding new ways to justify. To you I can only say; there are other places where you can do that freely, and without any consequence.

I am SO SORRY, GamezBD-staff. I have been told more than once about this sort of thread, that it has no place on the forum because it will just start aggroing out of control as well as be a beacon for "trolls" to come and do their thing.
    I did not mean to make your jobs more difficult, I did not mean to say that you aren't doing your jobs at all, I did not mean to make it seems as if you do not care about the players.
    I know that it is not true, I know you care, I know that you are working your arses off in most cases.

So I did this ONLY for the MANY MANY players, who tried to report a player, but felt that nothing happened.

For the Many players, who have become victims of harassment, whether it be in-game harassment or chat or forum, it doesn't matter, and it shouldn't be differentiated whether someone is actively harassing you in-game or not. If you are CONSTANTLY being followed and Player-Killed by one or a handful of players, you should have EVERY right to register a VALID complaint, that some players are preventing you from playing the game. That is ACTIVE harassment, no matter what you THINK the game is about, so it is indeed against the server-rules.

Hopefully we could get this out in the open on the community, and be rid of that insane way to just ruin other players game-time while playing (paying) on GamezBD.

20. z0h

z0h New Member

What even is this? If you dont like what someone is saying in chat just block them. Its the most satisfying feeling ever when you do it because it literally wipes all of their messages from chat in one click. You're putting way too much thought and effort into something as vapid and empty as server chat. Nobody gives a hoot about making factual statements and arguments in the server chat of a MMORPG, and still you hold your breath for it. Join a guild and find your meaningful community there instead of the nonsensical server chat.

raiasura likes this.