1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How to set GPU profile for Gamez since BlackDesert64.bin is used to run a game?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by piotrkefas, Oct 2, 2018.

1. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Since one of september patches Gamez is using BlackDesert64.bin ( or 32 on diffrent OS) to run the game. I had GPU profile set for BlackDesert64.exe which was giving both better performance and better visual quality for the game. Since is only possible to set GPU profile for .exe file i would like to ask how I can set it for BlackDesert64.bin because old profile do not work, it's clearly visible, graphic looks difrently.

I have AMD MSI Radeon 390 with GPU profiles made via Radeon Settings app.

but it would be as well handy for other people to know how to do it on NVIDIA.

Can someone please help with this?

2. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

OK i found the way to make profile for BlackDesert64.bin

Here is a guide for AMD cards - https://community.amd.com/thread/210939
    copy pasted below:

Some games (most of them MMORPGs) don't have an executable (.exe) file. Usually, the game starts from a launcher.
    As Radeon Settings only recognize executable files, here's how I manually add non-executable games settings to the driver.

I'll use Lineage 2 as example, which it's launcher starts "L2.bin".

- Locate the L2.bin file in your game folder;

- Make a backup copy of it;

- Rename it to L2.exe;

- Open Radeon Settings, go to the "GAME" tab and click "+Add" to manually add L2.exe.

- Go to "C:\Users\ur username\AppData\Local\AMD\CN" and edit the "gmdb.blb" file with notepad.

- Change the "exe_path" from L2.exe to L2.bin. You can also change the title. Just make sure you are only editting the line corresponding to the game you want manually add.

- Save and close it. End Radeon Settings proccess through Task Manager and start it again.

My tips.

1. Rename BlackDesert64.exe for BlackDesert.641.exe before changing bin file cause it will give an error or replace the file.

2. To change file extenction go to Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Folder Options -> View Tab and then Uncheck the " Hide extensions for known file types "

3. Don't forget to rename .bin file again from .exe to bin after it's done. As well BlackDesert641.exe back to Black Desert64.exe

For NVIDIA You can use "Geforce 3D Profile Manager" to add non executable files to the driver's profiles or use Nvidia Inspector.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    hellxas likes this.
  3. hellxas

hellxas New Member

how to do this procedure in nvidia inspector D: help pls!!!!!!!!!!

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

If you do not know how to use the program, I suggest that you use google and find the information you need there :)

5. hellxas

hellxas New Member

I know how to use the program, if you read my other post you will see that I have been playing retail with the nvidia inspector for a long time. the question is that it does not allow to use the .bin it only accepts .exe that is why I was looking for some other method and that they explain it to me. Using the forum was my last option. I already investigated all over google. I would appreciate if you do not close the thread, so someone may be able to help me.
    TY

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I do not know where you got that impression @hellxas, that I was just about to close this thread?
    Did you possibly listen to the mainstream-haters? If so, does it not surprise you that they are wrong about their assumptions about me? I mean since mainstream should be infallible.

Oh well, I was merely asking a couple of questions is all, on to the subject matter; I think that you got an answer already, pretty sure that it is what it is. But in the interest of giving other players a chance to answer this thread with more information, even though I am not sure what they would be able to add, I am not going to close this thread just yet.

So do not needlessly worry about what the mainstreamers say...they are most often wrong about pretty much everything.