1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Please close 'Interception' before starting the game

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Systamatic, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systamatic

Systamatic New Member

So me and my friend downloaded this and for some reason every time my friend launches the game it comes up with "Please close 'Interception' before starting the game" we tried the uninstall interception thing but cmd keeps saying it cant find the directory or something, he hasn't tried uninstalling the keyboard and mouse.sys things because we heard you cant use your mouse or keyboard after doing that

2. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

3. Systamatic

Systamatic New Member

We already did, cmd keeps saying it cant find the directory

4. Puffery

39. Please close 'Interception' before starting the game.
    Go to Local Disk (C: ) -> Windows -> System32 -> Drivers, and delete the following files: Keyboard.sys and Mouse.sys.
    -If the above solution did not work, uninstall remote mouse programs.
    This?

loboram likes this.
  5. Systamatic

Systamatic New Member

Like I said in my post, we don't want to try that as we've heard once you do that you can't use your mouse and keyboard

6. Puffery

This is not true at all. I do not have these files and my keyboard and mouse work fine. Deleted the files off my laptop and I can use those just fine too.

loboram likes this.
  7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Please let us know when you have found a solution to this problem, and what you did to solve it, that way your thread will help other players :)

8. DarthCurly

DarthCurly New Member

I am having the same issue as the person above, however I have tried to delete keyboard.sys and mouse but it claims a program is currently using the drivers so I can't delete them.

I also went to uninstall remote mouse and I can't find it in my settings or appdata folder. I even tried out a 3rd party software for uninstalling apps and it does not see remote mouse either.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  9. loboram

How about @Hyperbole's first answer and link, did you try that out as well?

10. DarthCurly

DarthCurly New Member

Hey @loboram I did follow through Hyper's first link and even after closing any app I could think of that would control M&K it was still a no go. I haven't tried uninstalling them because well....that's quite a bit of apps I would prefer not to uninstall.

Also when I actually get the interception uninstaller to run it doesn't seem to work. It'll run but I still get the same error on launch :(

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  11. loboram

Basically there is a program running that is causing a problem with the SmartGuard, and while it might not be very smart, it is still quite sure that whatever you are running will potentially cause "hack/cheat" actions.

So you will have to figure out what it is, although I can point towards one thing that could be responsible;
    Third Party Anti-Virus programs.

There are quite a few of those that interfere with the SmartGuard. Especially BitDefender, and others, so if you could try uninstalling that, I highly suggest that you use an uninstaller like Revo-uninstaller, that way all the files will be removed (moderate search is sufficient).

If that doesn't work you can always reinstall the anti-virus, but it is not really necessary any longer, to have additional anti-virus installed, when the Windows Defender works just fine.

12. DarthCurly

DarthCurly New Member

So i'll answer this thread with what I did to fix it since the original creator has disappeared. Basically the forum that tells you how to run the uninstall for M&K.sys is outdated. Technically you can just download the uninstaller and run it since it is an executable file, however if that does not work you CAN NOT just simply run :
    in cmd:
    "E:\Downloads\Interception\command line installer\install-interception.exe /uninstall"

The easiest thing to do if you have different labeled drives for example C:, or D: is just extract the uninstaller into a folder you create in one of those drive, and the command you run in CMD will look like this :
    "D:\Interception\Interception\command line installer\install-interception.exe"/uninstall

Those double quotes are important, do not leave those how. So if you can't simply delete Keyboard.sys or Mouse.sys you should try doing what i've mentioned above. Also make sure you restart your PC afterwards, it may not be required for everyone but for it was.

loboram likes this.
  13. loboram

I thank you a lot @DarthCurly, that was very helpful and kind of you. So I guess the problem has actually been solved as well now?

14. DarthCurly

DarthCurly New Member

Hey Loboram, yes the above worked for me and I am now able to play, thank you :)

loboram likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.