1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A few words.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deathangel, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathangel

Deathangel True Chill Forum Legend

I guess it's my turn to create a thread, huh?

The reason behind my removal from staff and the subsequent situation origined by it is not easy to explain, expecially by those who don't know what's actually going on behind the scenes.

The official reason for my demotion was my "disrespectful" attitute towards one of the CEOs.
    I clearly told him that i lost all my respect for him as he refused to open his eyes about the real situation with our ex-supermod, which was really impossible to accept.
    My words were harsh, and that's surely my fault.
    However i challange anyone to not get upset about a CEO, a person who should serve as leading model, protecting and covering up all the actions done by another staff member who has been proven as a powerabuser.

To explain the backstory, you'll need to be introduced about some facts which happened a while back.
    One of our AMs, no need to name him, got caught using cheats on his legit toon.
    Myself and Alente issued his demotion and banned his forum account.

A few months afterwards, i noticed a slight change in the name of the banned staff member. By taking a look upon it, i noticed that the account was newly created, with 0 posts and no personal informations.
    After some researches, i was able to find the original account of the staff member who got caught cheating.
    It was unbanned, cleaned, given VIP, changed Name and e-mail and set free to roam around our forums.
    After taking a deeper look into the changelogs of the user, i found out that the author of those changes was actually our lovely supermoderator.

He did not only attempt to get a cheater unbanned, but he also covered up all his traces so me and Alente would not notice. And this is something i can NOT tolerate.

Of course i reported the issue to our CEOs, and no action was taken about it for months. Although they promised they would have "dealt with it".

Another example of these frequent coverups are the following user reports:
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/the-errs-of-the-supermod-position.183219/
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/misunderstanding-with-a-person-that-owns-a-blue-tag.183109/

Actions were promised,yet nothing was done, while the whole community had to keep suffering under the hands of a totally inappropriate and hated smod.

Things escalated quickly when i was told i had no more right to delete misinformation spread by this person as he had a "higher rank" than mine.
    Myself as HeadGM, back then, was responsible of taking care of the players requiring assistance with aion related questions, and i have no bloody idea why i should accept a staff member who's not competent enough to deal with matters out of his area of knowledge, getting 8/10 questions wrong.

Considering i've been in this community for 3 years, in which i have worked my ass off to make this a better place, preserving it more than once from total disasters like Lumiel's complete closure, i belive it is more than understandable to get upset when another staff member is caught abusing powers, while the CEO responsible for his actions did absolutely nothing against it.

As if it was not enough, my sense of duty and my education, along with somebody's request, pushed me to apologize for my words to that CEO, although i do not belive anyone would have done that.

I never refused my cooperation to anyone who deserved my help, but i do not accept being commanded around following orders which i do not agree with just because someone who has more power likes to do that.
    Getting dismissed like a useless tool after all the things i have done for this place is demotivating, degrading and unacceptable, considering the conditions under which these events happened.

I really like how you prefer to see 10 loyal staff members leaving instead of making one think about his actions.
    Welcome to Gamez, i suppose.

I belive the community i have worked with for so many years deserves to know how people are actually getting treated here.
    That's about it.

PS: Instead of deleting this and banning/discouraging/deleting my account, try to give a reply with a little common sense. I'd really like to see that.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    Jessica, jeraa01, Arabella05 and 49 others like this.
  2. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

@Carl @Lautaro
    I can partially understand how the CEOs might think they're safe. Gamez has had AMs go on a mass exodus before.

The difference this time is the server doesn't have 2000 people who visit the forums anymore (not even counting all the people in game). Aion private servers aren't what they used to be now that Aion offers f2p. This isn't "yeah we'll rebuild, we have an SAM/HAM and we can hire more"

Your hiring opportunities are people with probably very little GM experience and not much capacity to lead, and you just lost your leaders. Alente is great, if he's active, but without even trying to blame Josh for anything, he isn't the most active person. Unless he's willing to give up that, you have no one to successfully train and hire GMs, and again you have very slim pickings. I can understand the disrespect part, but seriously you guys need to get shit done within a reasonable time frame so you don't breed such high disrespect from your subordinates, and now that someone was very rightfully removed from their position, you're removing some of the most loyal people here, the people who ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT GAMEZ, not how they appear. Kyle has always cared about being the boss, he doesn't care about Gamez, so you just lost the people that do for retribution against losing the person that doesn't. You owe it to Gamez, the server that has provided so much to you, to rethink your actions. There's so much good talent around, so much room for Gamez to grow, but you guys ALWAYS pick the WORST of it. Karissa, Bella, Kyle. Why? Why pick these people over those that cherish this server and want it to improve? What is there to gain? Please don't kill your own server over a grudge, or what you think is justice.

Bits, Arabella05, Bordy and 5 others like this.
  3. Tykimik

Tykimik Well-Known Member Forum Legend

It's really sad that it had come to this. Iv been a member of Gamez aion for some time. Ever since Ari became HGM Gamez aion had the best events ever since then, the changes he made with pvp adding battle grounds and stuff was absolutely amazing. Iv never had so much fun playing gamez Aion. Honestly though I know this sounds sad but I spent money and time on this server and I'll still play it till it ends. I know some people are on the same boat as me too.

Really sucks that alot of our best AM s left because of sht like this. I remember if it wasn't for Ari I would have still been banned from this server for some stupid reason too.

Bordy, Witch, Ayaria and 2 others like this.
  4. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

These CEOs never cease to amaze me, do you two have a tendency of giving high ranks to people like Bella and Kyle who treat everyone like shit and they know they won't get punished for it cause they can always hide behind mommy's back and no harm no foul?

Carl, bags of money have been flowing through your pockets the last couple of years mostly because of one person that was in charge of keeping your shitty server alive and secondly because of all the people that voluntarily decided to accept AM position. Both this one person and the rest of the AM team had to listen to every dumb ass question your players had to ask everyday ingame like "sir please type all the ingredients for ophidan chain I'm too lazy to google" during which times, said staff members had to be nice and helpful or else they would get reported for being "rude to players" AND be helpful on the forums by replying to players' questions about the game. One person had to mail things everyday for 3 straight years, organize events, unstuck accounts, deal with donations, recover lost e-mails or whatever the fuck people had problems with (pretty much everything), while YOU as the ceo just sat on your silver throne doing jackshit and enjoying the money every fool including myself decided to donate to YOU when in reality it should have been to Ari.

Open your eyes and see that it's not worth losing the people that keep your almost dead server alive for so many years just because a whiny ass baby like Kyle or past Bella whined to you cause nobody likes him.

And to Kyle, just grow some balls man.

Jessica, Bits, XikO and 15 others like this.
  5. Deathangel

Deathangel True Chill Forum Legend

I'm glad to see you guys supporting and respecting us even though we haven't got a colored names anymore. That's something other people still need to learn, sadly.
    Being part of this community makes me really proud, the way you stepped up for us is absolutely amazing, i don't regret a single minute helping you out in any way.
    Cheers

Jessica, jeraa01, Bits and 15 others like this.
  6. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

It would have been really interesting if people had the option to donate to carl, alente OR ari...
    Bet this place would have been gone the moment the option was implemented if ari didn't feel like paying the fees, cause he'd be the only one receiving money.

Arabella05 likes this.
  7. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Respect in Gamez is earned, not given.
    Kyle doesn't understand this. Lautaro doesn't seem to understand this applies to Kyle. Carl doesn't seem to understand the value of earned respect by subordinates, and instead chooses to overvalue friends who do not respect his belongings properly.

All of the staff that have resigned today have and will always have my respect, both for what they did and keeping to their word as a singular unit of staff. If one person had left and the others had been too afraid to lose their position to stand up for what they believe in, I would have been beyond disappointed, but that isn't what happened, you all took a stand, gave your word and delivered. 10/10 staff all my respect

Arabella05 and Bordy like this.
  8. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Since day one here back in 2010, I realized that the owners were a weird kind.
    But today events make me wonder what is really going on here. What is the main advantage of dismissing people that have been truly comited to the server and its users? Which are really a hard bunch to please, bastards us all; it requires patience and willingness that not everyone has. Yet you found a bunch of guys that had the will and stomach to put with us all and you just trash them as disposable tools just for a seemingly power struggle of some sort. Because you didn't like being pressured, because you didn't like to be reminded you were making a mistake, and shown someone was breaking the rules you created in the first place and then, logically, demanded to know why.

People cannot read minds. All the colored names here climbed the ladder or reached their positions over time, earning the respect or loyalty of those below and above them little by little with hardship, dedication and mistakes. And suddenly, out of nowhere, you put someone on top of them skipping the ladder, or at least the visible one; whom suddenly starts to ask for respect and whatnot without any basis for it, changing the know hows and workflow that had existed and been fostered to everyone for years without a proper explanation; more so he was not even competent enough to do the job properly and prove its value or necessity of the position. Bloody hell, he even modified the work done by others without authorization or disregard of the people in question and then, on top of that, rubbing on their faces his position, powers and his permission to do so regardless of everyone say on the matter. Excuse me, if that is not a blatant power abuse, I have no idea what it is. If you had some sort of idea behind that position and the person in question, without properly telling the idea or plan to your own people. What the fuck?

XikO, Arabella05, Bordy and 6 others like this.
  9. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

This is all happening because people couldn't respect the position. Guys, you needed to respect the position, the person didn't matter as long as you respected the position.

THE POSITION, MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU RESPECT IT?!
    [​IMG]

Seriously, though, picking an inactive forum CEO who covers up for a power abusing moderator, and also picking said moderator, over someone like Ari who has gone through hell this past year trying to make things better for the server, and over pretty much all of Gamez Staff who have also endured hell, now THAT'S one stupid ass move if I've ever seen one. I've had my share of differences with Ari, but his work towards making Gamez a better place is unparalleled.

Kyle, on the other hand? Asking people to respect the position, covering up for Mr. Photoshoped Arm Muscles, completely destroying hot spam before the forums revamp (that was actually incredible, he was multiplying threads in there and merging them together and nothing was done about it because it was "for shits and giggles", seriously?), among so much other shit it's not even funny, this shouldn't even be a hard choice for a dog to make.

And let's also remember how long it took Kyle from being a returned player, to a moderator, to a super moderator. A week or so? Also take into account how Kyle came back pretty much insulting Gamez, then suddenly became a moderator. Ari, on the other hand? He was a trainee when I was a GM, and it took him a fucking while to climb up the ladder, and he didn't climb it by putting a nice smile or something, he actually worked his ass off. Putting someone like Kyle over someone like Ari is a ridiculous move, and one that shouldn't have even happened in the first place since they are two different departments in the first place. Now, if putting an incompetent Super MODERATOR over a miraculous Head GAME MASTER is a visibly stupid move that anyone can notice in a pragmatic viewpoint, putting Lautaro, who has so far made terrible moves ever since I've been around (pandion, Kyle, terrible forum revamps, etc.), over Ari, who has saved this server more times than should be possible, THAT'S a retarded move that should be obvious to Carl more than anyone. You just doomed your money cow, pal.

Arabella05, Giullia, Kyungmi and 4 others like this.
  10. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    Carl has shown over and over again ever since day 1 that he doesnt give a shit about this server, the community, or even the staff. He only cares about his money and getting his ass kissed as proven with karissa, bella, kyle, and others getting almost free reign to do as they please while treating others like shit.

He doesnt even make the least of attempts to be part of the community. He just posts about an update every nowand then, counts his money, and then thats it. And once a staff member is tired of this crap or one of the people sucking his dick tries to get him to demote/ban someone they dont like *coughcoughcoughbellakylekarissacoughcoughcough* then he discards people like wiping mud from his shoes. I said 4 years ago that it would catch up to him and now it finally has. What will you do now carl?

Sure you can ban me but that just further proves my point. Have fun drowning on your sinking ship.

XikO and Arabella05 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.