1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

new Manastone socketing mechanic?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Jessica, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica

Jessica Respected Member Forum Legend

what's this? Is this something we could expect here in gamez? or was i too late and this already exists, i still havent tried anything since i returned

what NCsoft is doing instead is just lowering the chance of success for each manastone while leaving all previously slotted stones intact even if the next socket attempt fails. Devs have found that with this new system, "players will require significantly fewer stones (60% fewer) Manastones to completely socket their gear."

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/21/wings-over-atreia-aion-introduces-exclusives-for-returning-pla/
    http://aion.mmosite.com/content/201..._are_updated_in_aion.shtml#aoc_nevigation_con

Noyah likes this.
  2. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I haven't broken a manastone in months.. Doesn't particularly make a difference D:

3. Ayaria

Ayaria α ℓ ι ν є ❤ Forum Legend

Well, this is just applying for NA Aion retail, mostly. We are still missing many 4.7 features, sadly, you might have noticed this by now. Also GamezAion is a high rate server, means the fail rate of socketing manastones is very low. It barely happens that a manastone is breaking, just like Dimi already said. So this system wouldn't affect us much anyways. ;x

4. QueenSydney

QueenSydney Love is a beautiful pain.

It's not something to be concerned about particularly because no manastone has failed to be socketed v;

5. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

The part about enchanting is particularly interesting though.. "Want a +52 dagger? It is possible"!

Jessica likes this.
  6. QueenSydney

QueenSydney Love is a beautiful pain.

You can't do that to arbiter because it's not enchantable, right? Or is it different with this system?

7. Jessica

Jessica Respected Member Forum Legend

I think its still a good addition even though it is of higher rate here, i've had experiences with failing, not that annoying but still...
    I'd like a pve gear with that enchantment level, going to be able to solo/duo instances much easier.

Noyah and Dimitra like this.
  8. Fluffaluffagus

Fluffaluffagus Meow

The new manastone enchantment system

These features are a 4.7.5.x and above feature. If GamezAion does a update to this version, there is a chance that the feature will be available.

The feature, prevents you from breaking sockets and yes increase the enchantment level to above 15 but the success rate dramatically decreases for every stone Or enchantment level you gain.

9. Vildiil

Vildiil Hit em with a 100 round clip Forum Legend

The new enchanting system for +5 or higher is called "Amplification". The items also tell you if its able to be done or not. Truth be told, Its a real pain in the ass, you have to either have a duplicate of the same item to amplify to the enchant level also, or an amplification stone. The risk is really high for failure also, and if you fail at any point to amplify you break the weapon outright. I've broken 5 Infinity Shard maces on retail trying to get one to +20.

10. Fluffaluffagus

Fluffaluffagus Meow

Those amp stones do make you a profit though if you choose to sell it ^^

I sold 7 for 150m each during the shugo event.

11. Vildiil

Vildiil Hit em with a 100 round clip Forum Legend

Thats it? On my server (Siel asmodian) they sell for 50m a piece. Elyos side is somewhere about 70m ish per

12. wolfik332

wolfik332 Expert

Well I play at gamez for 2 years and till now manastone failed just 2 time :D ... this is high rate like someone mentioned before .

13. Fluffaluffagus

Fluffaluffagus Meow

150m each not for all 7.

I made over 1b selling just amp stones for 3 days. I also sold about 12 omega stones for 60m each and sold 9 tempering solutions for 70m each.

I also got both of the special new wings ^^

Vildiil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.