1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How to play Gamez Aion 4.8 using 4.9 NA Client

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Stark, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

I've seen few threads where people ask if there is a downgrade from 4.9 to 4.8 for those who didn't have the client when retail was 4.8 and are only able to download 4.9 client now with the retail launcher. We don't have a downgrade for it at the moment and it doesn't seem like we'll have one so I tried to find a way if I can play Gamez Aion using 4.9 client since my 4.8 client has a lot of texture glitches in Balaurean Maps such as Gelkmaros, Inggison, Kaldor, Enshar, Cygnea and Levinshor where it shows "Replace Me" everywhere. Luckily, I found one with the help of @Razor.

So, how do you do this?

1. Download 4.9 retail NA client using NC Launcher. Make sure everything is finished, no corrupted or missing files to avoid running into any problem later on.
    [​IMG]

2. Download 4.8 bin32 folder. How and where? HERE: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/official-torrent-client-4-8-0-4.191043/#post-1893419
    [​IMG]

3. Go to your 4.9 client and cut / move the bin32 folder of it to somewhere safe and keep it so that when 4.9 comes to Gamez (if ever), you can simply put it back there.
    [​IMG]

4. Put a copy of 4.8 bin32 folder into your 4.9 client.

Once you've done all this properly, you should be able to play Gamez with not much of a problem.

Few known issues:
    1. Does not show the stats of your plume but it is there and working. You're getting the stats from your plume, the client just don't show it.
    2. Notification on sold items in broker is permanently showing.
    3. You cannot pick up an express mail and you would have to check it on a mailbox.
    4. Elite Arbiter / Elite Principal Sets will show a set bonus. This set bonus does not work yet. It is a 4.9 update and would only work once Gamez updates to 4.9.
    5. Abyss tab won't show your current rank as the UI has been changed a little with 4.9 update.
    6. Won't show your titles and you cannot use or change to one, same reason as number 5 issue.
    7. Loading Reshanta will take a little longer than usual. The map is also updated with 4.9 patch but it should work just fine.
    8. Unable to toggle show plume/helm on/off.

If you find any other issues, let me know so I can add it up there. If you have any questions regarding this guide, post it here.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Avalyn, Ethereal, Cheyenne and 11 others like this.
  2. rjomar9

rjomar9 Getting there

how to download or update 4.9 ?

3. Nueve

Nueve DØ THË BŪRST Forum Legend

the thread said the one that you download using NC is 4.9.
    He's talking about the downgrade of game from 4.9 to 4.8

And Stark also included that if ever gamez update to 4.9, you can simply take back the 4.9 bin32 the way it should be.

4. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

You make retail account. Download NC Launcher, open it up then log-in. If you already have an existing client it will update to the latest client version if you don't then you'll just have to download it, again with the use of NC Launcher.

5. rjomar9

rjomar9 Getting there

Bro do you have link of 4.9 client ? so that I can download it. TY :)

6. Gummybear

Gummybear Bad Ranger

Same problem here..ill try to fix it.. ty for this guide