1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can't start client after server maint

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Ratnica, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratnica

Ratnica New Member

Hey,

As the title says, I can't start the game any more. Played this morning, then went offline, and after the servers went up I tried to start the client and got message from Avira anti virus about blocking a file. After that I can log into the client, but clicking 'start' button brings me to small window with FAIL message and 'Failed to init security', after which ofc the client closes. The same happens after reinstalling the client, and after pc restart.

Now, Avira had never caused any issues with false alerts, and I've been using it for years, so I would really like some help if possible.

http://imgur.com/EOmqoPH

http://imgur.com/vhX7cSH

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Set set an exception, the file is safe and required to connect.
    Start > Search > type 'regedit' > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/ControlSet001/Services > delete xhunter1

3. Ratnica

Ratnica New Member

Thank you very much for the help guys. The two solutions you offered (and for the first one I checked that message when encountering the issue at first) didn't work, and only because it was caused solely by Avira. I beat it into submission so it's now allowing the file. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I guess I needed a confirmation that nothing went wrong during the last maintenance, and that all files are ok. I'm paranoid, can't help it. Again, thank you very much.

4. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

"Set set an exception, the file is safe and required to connect" :p
    Send me a PM in case you need further assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.