1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamemasters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dracken, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dracken

Dracken I'm here to help.

Could we please get some Gamemasters?

I would also recommend at least one in the main Languages.
    Because.. atm. 90% of all Questions goes to Kolka.

I played on a lot P-Servers for Mmo's and normally on a Server with ~500 People are 2-3GM's .
    I See here only ONE, Noyah, and if I'm not wrong, she also is the GM for Aion, I never really see her anywhere, no communication, never visible in Discord.

I would really like it if you get open to new Gamemasters. @Carl .

Thanks.

RevelationsOn likes this.
  2. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

I understand the want for more GM's. That being said, it's likely that most of the questions that go to Kolka are easily answered by reading pinned messages and faq support in the discord, as well as here in the forum. Noyah is far more active than you realize. While she is indeed GM for both aion and bdo, she also is very active here in forum, as well as discord, just keeping her status as invis in the discord, as I do. This is likely due to the fact that when visible (at least for me) massive spam happens lol. Though I am a bit less active in general discord chat than I used to be, I am still there for hours each day and also answer many pm's, just as Noyah does (and Kolka as well). Please remember we each have our duties, and certain questions/problems should be aimed at the appropriate staff member. General questions that are unable to be answered through the above mentioned places can easily be sent to me in pm, and I will happily answer as I am able. When I am unable to answer or solve something, this is when I ask the others. Kolka's job is not answering endless questions that can be answered by other means :eek: His job is coding :)

Ayane likes this.
  3. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

Remember when aion alone had like 7-10 GMs at any given time. Good times.

Picex, Monkeyking, Snowinkle and 3 others like this.
  4. Dracken

If I look in discord it look 99% like this:
    [​IMG]

A NEVER replying Admin and the Developer, normally, the Dev's at P-server aren't for Player Support, the GM's ask the Dev's if they need technical Help, because they don't know any more what they could do.
    Maybe.... very rare times there also appears a User called Laredal (you), but... rare.
    Also maybe, we could get an Eventmanager for making ingame events (I was already one for some P-servers but also for official games). But that would need much work together with Kolka, the Bdo GM power works other as it do in Aion.

And for Noyah's activity, 90% of her content is: She give a statement to some Thread and close it, so no one could have the chance to say anything more... she dont accept a continuing talk. So far I saw it.

That's how I remember Aion P-servers too.

5. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

I think you need to read my comment once again, more carefully :/ I know for a fact that Noyah is on discord every day, just INVISIBLE, as I am. The reason for this is because we are there answering pm's of people needing help, and while we are doing that, we are unable to follow or keep up with the spam that is general chat until we are finished there (which isn't easy). I have also seen her pop up visible every day (unlike me). As far as a "NEVER" replying admin and dev (not their job in discord chat btw), Carl is busy with the server, and Kolka is often replying in that chat, and if you are there as much as you claim, you know this. Kolka is also very responsive, as am I, as well as Noyah. Also remember that Noyah and I volunteer for gamez on our free time. We have families and lives, just like everyone else. You must understand that there is behind the scenes activities that we do, and just because you do not see them, does not mean it does not happen. As far as in game gm events, it's not as possible as Aion server, to my understanding. Now the closing of threads issue. Threads are closed either when they are of a problem that is resolved, or the thread has gone so far beyond the original purpose of said thread, or it has become nothing but a bashing party or argument. I've closed threads for these reasons myself. Noyah is also the one that searched for 90% of the fixes that we use every single day, found in the common errors and solutions thread.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Ayane likes this.
  6. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

More GMs = more liability. I think things are fine - but i do believe GMs/staff should get their own role in discord. So when someone looks at discord sidebar, instead of messaging Carl or Kolka they can deter to someone else.

7. Ayane

Ayane Guest

[​IMG]

8. HumbleZ

HumbleZ New Member

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. If you ask a question and it gets answered in a timely manner without issue, then nothing should be changed. It looks to me that support here is great and work hard.

9. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

That's odd, I've never seen that and still do not. But i am not on discord that often - but like the user above said we don't really need more GMs.

10. Dracken

Yeah I see now Noyah.
    But if you GM's/Mods are in invisible mode, how could new Players find you if they never did hear about you? ;)
    For myself.. if I go invisible, I still hear all the pings if someone contact me ; and yes a lot people do it too... a lot ask me for help I also offer the help.
    But if you stay online and on Red, people see you, but you dont get all the annoying message sounds and yeah...
    Also people know you are here, but will answer if you have the time.

And really, 2 Mods/GM's isnt enough for what 10K Players? nah....
    Like you said, you get sooo much PM's.

11. HumbleZ

HumbleZ New Member

I don't think there are 10k players. Maybe a couple hundred. Official server barely has 2k total active players over all 3 of their NA servers.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  12. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

Dracken, Carl won't hire you.

13. Iori

Iori Proficient Forum Legend

Good old days?
    damn i feel old
    [​IMG]

NaturalDisaster and Dementa like this.
  14. Dementa

Why you back on these forums (cwl)

Lance likes this.
  15. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Good idea but nah, not enough mature people to assign new gm's lol

16. Mythic

Mythic LEGENDARY ICON MEMBER Forum Legend

i am better gm than your hairy chest

17. WooksterRu

WooksterRu New Member

Message spam for gm's on discord shouldn't be that much of a issue. Isn't there a server setting to disable private messaging on your discord thus removing the issue of getting spammed by unknown people.

18. Dementa

Yeah but at least I could beat people without no ani hax:^(

NaturalDisaster likes this.
  19. NaturalDisaster

NaturalDisaster Banned

Git rekt ked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.