1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lifeskills rebalance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShadoweCZ, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

So i made this shorter and more clear ... hope it helps .. the original text is still included in the quote
    one think i writed somewhere else, which basicly made me think and create this thred
    what i ask for is MAKE ALL LIFESKILLS VIABLE

How could it be made ?? Its totaly up to the devs but realy the (possible) income from other lifeskils (other than training) should be increased so its equal to the 10x everythink increased, so it can be used to make money even actively ... to me active gameplay should be more profitable than passive/AFK gameplay ...

Here are my personal sugestions ... you dont have to agree with them, the main message here is to BUFF LIFESKILLS, but not how to do that
    those sugestions are meant to be individual sugestions, so they dont have to be applied all together, just ideas what could improve the situation

General/Quality of Life sugestions:

Gathering:
    • way more milk from milking cows or/and lower the energy, this way cooking will be easyer and we will not have to spend 5 energy to get only 1-2 milk/1 energy
    • way more items from gathering - this one is litle tricky so read it twice - im not speaking about all gathering but only about some gathering ... im speaking about underwatter, butchering, tanning, fluid colecting, and mining pure ores/stones ... the mostly used gathering wild herb, general stones (fieldspar, sandstone, etc) and wood choping isnt the problem, the problem is the rest of gathering ... for example for taning or butchering you are still only getting 1-4 meat (for sheep) and realy nothink else, there is nothink else to drop that would make gathering of those resources anyway worth it, so only people that cook do it, also the exp you get from those is garbage, another example are pure ore stones (iron, copper, silver, gold, diamods, etc).. they have the same problem, if i need gold or silver i will just do normal stones at Pilgrims and i will get way more than from pure nodes, not to mention that pure nodes are scatered around the map and not in single place like pilgrims ... So the solution is to increase the ammount of items gathered for those, you should be rewarded for knowing where the diamond nodes.. so for example diamond nodes could give you 10-40 rough diamonds to make it for the time you have to travel to those nodes and for knowing where to find them ...
    • more base materials (logs, stone, weed) - problem here is if you need logs or weeds there is never enough of them, we still have basicly the same drop ammounts as on retail (=1-4 logs per tree) where most of the time you only get 1-2 logs .. my idea is to increase the minimum of those most basic only gatherable materials (logs, rough stone, weed) by 1 ... so instaed 1-4 you will always gather 2-4
    • disable the rare drop animation - this makes gathering longer, and its especialy annoying if you need to gather watter for alchemy, this is also problem in PvX where it can get you killed when yourt skill is interupted and skill still goes to CD and you are sitting duck for a while

Processing:

• lower chance to "fail" processing based on level - it makes it painfully slow, and when we have increased rates of gathering from nodes, then after some time the limiting factor is processing, not gathering in many cases
    • faster processing - same as above
    • more result items from processing
    • much higher chance to get higher grade product - Choped 6 000 planks, got 191 plywood at master processing ... thats 3,18% chance to get plywood ?? Rly this number should go way higher

Cooking and Alchemy:
    • chance to not use cooking/alchemy tool durability based on cooking/alchemy level - we already have low ammount of lifeskillers, and usualy all of them are required to build thier own tools, this would make it easyer and more convinient to not have to make them all the time
    • faster cooking/alchemy - to make cooking/alchemy more profitablem it may be done globaly or only by editing for example the calpheon/balenos tools and lower that time penalty to make them good choice to cook profitably over night ... right now cooking over night is big waste of time because you still will not do much and you coul do 100x more by doing 4 horses
    • more byproducts - to get more money and CP .. right now almost everythink makes more money and quests/daily are superrior in CP
    • higher chance for lucky/higher grade results - to make more profit, to help with cooking of higher grade products
    • more result items from cooking/alchemy - similar to "more items from gathering" , just add +1 to the minimum ammount of items created .. you can also add +1 to the maximum, noone will protest :D

Training:

• dont nerf it, buff other lifeskills or the server will riot :D

Fishing:
    • chance to not use rod/float durability based on fishing level
    • dramaticly increase Fish prices so fishing is worth doing
    • make fishes stackable without time limit - this way you can use them for cooking, you can sell them later, you can AFK for long time, etc
    • make hotspots stick for longer duration - some hotspost vanish after single fishing, so make them stay longer.. it can be done in 2 way, dynamic that will stay for 10-15min and static that will stay for multiple hours... this way people may want to fish at sea, may want to buy/craft boats and it will help fishers AND crafters
    • make Triple-float rod to ALWAYS catch min 2 fishes - cause the proc rate is low, and the 3 catch is even lower, ...
    • add Terrmian event fishes to the open seas to make it profitable to fish on open sea

Fishing - Harpooning:
    Its pure garbage atm, actualy it was always garbage even on retail ... so what about making this profitable here ??
    Its ACTIVE ONLY form of fishing and for that it should be more profitable than AFK fishing
    • Make it posible to catch multiple fishes
    • make blue/yellow catches much more common
    • edit the animation so at the end it dosnt take that long to start harpooning agin
    • make harpoons crafteble in Epheria
    • add Terrmian event fishes to make ACTIVE harpooning very profitable for people that choose to do it

Hunting:

Noone does hunting, its not worth it at this moment, just look at the market for Whale or Khalk earring, there are none .. you should give people reason to hunt and it will help others by giving them elixirs, accesories etc from hunting
    • way more items from hunting - if i want meat it is 1000x more efficient to go to goat hill and butcher, and thats mainly becouse the time investment, hunting should be better or at least equal than gathering just because you need to invest way more time, enhancing Matchlocks etc .. so give us at minimum 4 meat and 2 skins for every hunt and we will be happy
    • way more rare items/resources from hunting whales/khalk - to get people to hunting endgame, it will help hunters, and it will help economy also
    • more EXP for hunting - got myself into artistan Hunting, and realy outside quests that give litle, there is no way to get EXP .. hunting animals gives more gathering exp at master than hunting exp at artistan, that clearly isnt right .. hunting animals should give way more EXP (like 5 - 10x more so thinks like master are achievable)
    • give us Vell boss - it may get some people into Hunting, and in general hunting will get more usefull
    • FIX ANIMALS - basicly all hunting animals are bugged in some way, deers around olvia are clipping into rocks and ground, crocodiles in lake Kaia are out of sinc, teleporting around, when killed teleporting around, swimming thru ground etc, etc, etc

Trading:

• higher trade limits for imperial delivery - so cooks/alchemists can make more money
    • higher trade limits for normal trade items

Farming:

Problem is that every cook and maybe every alcemist is forced to have own farms, because some esential items can be only farmed, and noone is selling those items on MP, this is problem because farming is very costly in terms of CP so if your empire that you are used to is 300 CP then you HAVE TO cut at min 40 CP on farms or you have to farm all that CP, thus increasing the CP requirement on lifeskilling
    • way more items from farming - so lifeskillers can use less farms to satisfy thier needs for ingrediants, and also to give the choice to people to farm and sell (cooking ingredients like garlic and pepper ALWAYS sell) ingredients on MP for profit so lifeskillers dont have to be that depending on themselves
    • reduce CP cost of farms - this may be the other option to the problem, by reducing the cost, lifeskillers will have it much easyer to implement farming into thier empire
    • plants groving faster - again, there is no stock on the MP of thinks like garlic, pepper etc, by making those plants grow faster, lifeskillers will be able to get more ingredients to satisfy thier needs

Sailing:

Its so extremly slow to level up, it should be boosted in any way possible to allow more peopel to hunt whales (and generate whale items for the market) or travel to Port Ratt to do gathering so we can get more underwater products etc ..
    • make the Port Ratt daily quest repeatable and give more EXP
    • make sailing give more EXP
    • make it so you gain sailing exp even in the normal seas (Balenos, Mediah, ... )

Workshops:

• more Designs for boats - its limiting factor here, i can get all that resources in less than 20 days and i can push them with over 30 workers, so my idea would be changing the daily quest [Daily] Falasi Famili's Kindness to either be repeatable so if people need them, they can just farm it, or it should give more Designs or designs should be found in underwater gathering as rare drop (so underwater gathering is more proffitable)
    • more result items from workshops (instaed of 1 item, you may get 2 or more, plywood and ingots make it chance to give you double the ammount based on luck )
    • faster crafting in workshops
    • crafted lifeskill clothes have chance to be already enhanced based on worker luck
    • crafted accesories have chance to be already enhanced based on worker luck
    • higher chance for lucky/higher grade results

Nodes:

• higher chance for rare items from nodes (traces, powder, ... )
    • Higher production of traces, powders, Vanadium, Titanium, Mythril from nodes (its abysmall)
    • lower CP cost of Gateway nodes (they are useless and are making conecting of new nodes harder than needed)

If you made it all the way down here, thanks for reading and hopefully you will agree with at least somethink i have written here .
    Please leave a comment if you have some more sugestions on this topic.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    demishark, loboram, Toenail and 3 others like this.
  2. ShadoweCZ

I made some changes to the writing, added some more sugestions and sorted them by lifeskills ...
    please leave a comment if you have some more sugestions on this topic and please dont lock it right away ... many lifeskills needs to be changed cause right now they may be worthless to do, and to do those changes we need to have some long discusion so we can strike balance in what we (lifeskillers) want and what is right in your (developers) opinion in terms of balance and stuff ..

demishark and Toenail like this.
  3. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Awesome list and totally agree!
    Make GameZBD the oasis for disillusioned/disappointed BDO retail players.

dziku and loboram like this.
  4. MKA

MKA New Member

I totally agree with you, EXCEPT in time cooking/alchemy .. it is cool if it reduced but it is a buff not "a balance" and alchemy stone or advance tool will be useless if we can hit 1sec recipe without it.

Also, I wanna talk about my suffering's story in life skill.
    Server Version 972: Monster exp rates: 10x Monster drop rates: 10x Life exp rates: 5x Horse exp rates: 5x Explore exp rates: 5x Tendency exp rates: 5x Fitness exp rates: 5x Guild skill exp rates: 5x Skill exp rates: 5x Fishing drop rates: 10x Collection drop rates: 10x Steal drop rates: 10x.
    If we take a look on these rates will figure that combat side better than life skills in general ( Note: life skill is not just AFK horse training )
    -First will talk about the rate in each side:
    1- Combat side has EXP boost, Drop rate, SD 2 time a day, also some areas can get 100% price as Hexe, Cresent, Basilisk, etc.
    2- Life skill side has EXP boost, horse EXP only, drop rate in fishing only.
    Result:
    we see that the upper hand for the combat side. will explain why in next point.

Second, will talk about the progress:
    1- Combat side: you can Hit lv60 in ONE day because of EXP boost, Bell from pearl shop < I JUST mention only "balance factors"
    2- Life skill side: NOTHING, same as retail, you can't make any faster progress.
    For example:
    a. In gathering: cant gather more materials per day, same as the ratio in retail, we don't have higher proc(base number of materials per 1 gather).
    b. worker empire: they have "Complete now" < and make faster progress with pearls which is EQUAL to Bell buying in combat side, but same retail chances in Promotion/ Hire rates.
    ^ about pearls I mention it because of one of the GameZBD staff, but in my opinion, pearls is a thing should not include as "balance factor" because everyone has it, and can spend it on whatever he wants.
    also about worker empire in relation to the market: the market is relatively dead when we talk about gathering/nodes materials. WHY? let's say no one wanna sell it, WHY again? the answer, in my opinion, is that they have no excess materials to sell, or they need it all because of the quality of production (speed and amount).

in the end, my goals are:
    1- equal progress, equal income( from various ways, not saying Combat side SD, life side AFK training ) < should take every life skill separately.
    2-improve life skills environment.

loboram and Toenail like this.
  5. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

What makes BDO so appealing is it's broad spectrum of *things* to do in the game. It is probably one of the main reasons people erroneously refer it to being a *sandbox* mmo; it isn't ... but that's another debate.

There HAS to be a balance between the impact that lifeskilling and combat have in equal measure to the game. The two are a necessary parts of the whole that provides for the *sandboxy* feel of BDO. Without these two equally foundational pillars for gameplay, any attempt at BDO implementation will be short lived IMO.

dziku and loboram like this.
  6. ShadoweCZ

ok i started doing Epheria daily quests for frigate mats and i have discovered sea fishing/harpooning so i added some new ideas in here

Toenail likes this.
  7. Angecali

Angecali New Member

Nice idea it will improve the server

Toenail likes this.
  8. terrytaic

terrytaic Getting there

Oh please gamez

ShadoweCZ likes this.
  9. attenti0n

attenti0n New Member

Mage p def is so weak is it normal or bug? And why increase the damage for AT? its damage is fine and why increase? now is op. Please check the damage.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  10. ShadoweCZ

what this has to do with lifeskills omg ? :D

11. attenti0n

attenti0n New Member

secret :*

12. ShadoweCZ

i think that many points here are now pointless because the lifeskill mastery update
    still there are thinks regarding workshops, nodes and in general economy that should be alerted/fixed so i will propably redo/rewrite/create new post soon

loboram likes this.