1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lag spikes w/ i7 8700k, 2080ti and 16gb RAM

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Msuni, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Msuni

Msuni New Member

Hi all,

So like 2 weeks ago i started to experience really bad lag spikes, only when killing mobs, at this time i had a 1070 and have now upgraded to a 2080ti (not due to the lag though) and i am still experiencing the lag spikes even with my new GPU. Low power option is off, drivers are updated, prefer high performance is on in the NVIDIA Control Panel. So i am lost as to what the problem might be. Any suggestions etc are much appreciated.

2. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

A video showing your performance details (fps, cpu/gpu usage, vram/ram usage) would be good information to make a proper diagnosis and offer suggestions of solution.

3. Ponpon

Ponpon Proficient Forum Legend

you have good pc specs and you have almost same as me however wen it comes to topic like this it could be much things thats cousing ur problem first is check ur cpu and gpu temp its importent you check that while ur in a game if ur temps is high around 80+ try use Msi Afterburner and change the fan speed of ur graphic card i ussley put 76% fan speed while i play any game... and try using any program 2 check ur gpu load and cpu load while ur gaming is good couse if ur cpu load is around 90% and gpu is 40% 50% or even lower load u are Bottlenecking ur processor but ur processor shuld be ok with ur 2080 ti just dont play in 1080p it's recommended you play 1440p or higher using this cards also keep in mind 16 or 8 gb of ram is ok but most people using 16gb this days...and update ur drivers if needed same goes with windows update if you have more question just send me a Msg and i will help you out =)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    neil81791 likes this.
  4. Msuni

Msuni New Member

Thanks for the reply. my CPU and GPU temps are fine. CPU temps going max 75 and GPU never over 70. CPU and GPU usage are normal. I have all the latest drivers, latest BIOS, latest windows 10 update. This issue is the same at 1440p. This is the only game where i get lag spikes like this. I've asked in server chat in game and a few people are experiencing this. My guess is server side as thats the most logical. But who knows.

Ponpon likes this.
  5. Ponpon

Ponpon Proficient Forum Legend

mhm could be... but its good that ur pc is fine tho and its only in this game you get this problem..

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019