1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hardware / performance

Discussion in 'Questions' started by ShadoweCZ, Sep 28, 2019.

1. ShadoweCZ

ShadoweCZ Loner by choice

Hi,
    so i have read alot of OLD articles regarding hardware and performance
    idk how relevant they are now, so i wana ask here again ....

So im thinking about getting new computer and with the Intel ship sinking
    i wondering what hardware should i get ... R9 vs TR ... AMD vs NVIDIA ...
    I will be getting workstation PC, but still im wondering how big effect this
    upgrade will have on the performance of this game ...

there was alot of articles that claim that CPU speed is way more important
    than number of cores/threads .... also there are some posts saying that
    CR/SLI works with this game, and some posts sais that some update
    destroyed CF/SLI for this game ....
    I know CF/SLI is mostly dead now, but im still curius if anyone is running
    multi GPU setup and if it works.

Anyone have experience with CF/SLI and with high core-count CPUs ??

What hardware/setting/resolution are you using and how good/bad the performance is ??

Is there any diference in performance Retail vs GameZ ??

Edit 1:
    Also is this game more CPU or GPU demanding ?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

"Tom's Hardware" is a great place for figuring out what kinds of computer builds are good at the moment, also you can use the "CPU/GPU Benchmark" site for reference.

About the performance of GamezBD I can unfortunately report that it has gone downhill a lot lately, even right after a server restart I am still having about 0,5-1 full seconds delay between my Characters actions and an effect in the game-world, that is just fighting "mobs", when it comes to Dark-Rift bosses I usually experience teleports and such bad lag that I simply cannot take any animation for granted as the effect will usually hit me about 0,5 seconds Before the boss does anything.

When I fight World bosses it depends on which Boss I am fighting, how many particles are being displayed, if there is any fire rendering, and many other factors, but it is still difficult to play a supposed ACTION-game when you cannot depend on the animations to act on.

In any case I wish you good luck with your new PC :)

3. ShadoweCZ

Thanks for reply,

I know alot about PC hardware and i watch multiple youtube channels and PC forums ... im more curius abot this game working with certain niche hardware because im playing mostly only BDO ...
    I will get high core count CPU anyway, i would just like to know what to expect from it when it comes to BDO

I usualy dont get those delays or at least i dont notice them, so it may be just some internet/ping problem on your side ?

Also is this game more CPU or GPU demanding ?

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

Funny enough I think it is mainly due to my old hardware setup...I have a PC that is more than 7 years old now, and a below "standard" GPU. So I would not be surprised if when I get my new computer I will not have the same problems either :D

However when it comes to my internet connection, I am currently on a Fibernet 300/300 line, so that is certainly NOT the reason.

Well the thing is...This game in particular relies on both a lot of CPU calculations AND GPU rendering, so while my expertise about computers went straight out the window about 10 years -or more- ago, I still think that this game needs both an able GPU and CPU, but as "Tom's Hardware" says, the main thing is still the working clock-times of the individual components, given that is the real bottleneck. I would think (do not take my word for it) that a AMD-R5 coupled with a recent GPU would be enough to run this game well.

I myself am getting a R7 + dual GTX 1070 in the near future, so when that happens I can let you know :)

5. ShadoweCZ

I was playing on GTX 750 and FX-6300 for a while , Now i have 1060 6G And FX-6300 .... I want to upgrade near end od this year to Ryzen 9 or Threadriper platform, not sure which one yet (propably depending on TR 3000 performance/price)
    Also idk if i will have money for graphic...
    Here i have also many options, the PC should be mainly workstation, i may go for used or new GPU, RX 5700 XT but that dosnt support CF, GTX 2xxx, GTX 1080, AMD Pro Duo 32 GB (basicly dual rx 480), Vega frontier, or maybe GTX 980Ti ?? So many options, everythink better in somethink else

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

Well according to the graphic needs of this game I am not sure if upgrading the 1060 6gb will be a boost or not, it should run this game very well...also not sure what other graphics needs you would need in your work, but as far as I know...the graphics card you have is already good enough :)

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

I still wouldnt recommend multi gpu for this game tbh. Just run one strong ass gpu.

I would still recommend GTX cards. 1070, 1080 and such. As for GPU.. If youre going AMD then Ryzen 3rd gen. If not I'd stick with i5/i7(Depends on what you need)

Luff likes this.
  8. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

From my videos watched and playing myself the game seem to depends more on your graphics hardware.

My recommendations are.. If you're going Intel then minimum a 9600k, sweet spot is the 8700k or 9700k. For the red team, at least a r5 3600 (non x) or sweet spot, a r7 3700x

Graphics wise, there aren't many choices on the red team, a regular rx 590 minimum or 5700 (non xt) would get your job done even at 1440p ultra, but I'd recommend you go green team and grab, the rtx 2060 super 8gb and graphically and performance wise you're, set for this game.

Ps. CF/SLI is a, waste of money, esp for this game, and esp when you could just get a better card that'll outperform whatever config you chose to go with. Do not get a 10 series card. The bare minimum I'd recommend for this game gfx card wise, is the GTX 1660ti 6gb video card.

Either way, good luck on your new pc.

Edit
    This is what minimum req looks, like from my recommendations.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    loboram likes this.
  9. loboram

Just a question @Luff, what do you mean with "do not bother with SLI with this game".

Have you tried it out yourself?

Are there any drawbacks to doing that or will it just not work at all?

If it is just not utilizing both graphics-cards then it would seem wasteful to get that setup Only for this game, however if you are working with 3D graphics and making your own computer games, then it should do just fine right?

10. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

There are many variables with the different things you seem to want to utilize your computer for. Graphically taxing? Black desert isn't as heavy as battlefield 5 or games like Assassins creed Odessy. If anything, the game relys strong IPC performance from the cpu and having multiple cores/threads will yield the best performance. Don't get me wrong, a good gfx card will definitely get the job top notch, but good gfx card + weak cpu = bad performance, where a strong cpu + bad gfx card = okay-ish performance. SLI might work, I haven't tried it myself, I could easily research this though.

Considering the talk about 3d gfx and content creation, your cpu is what gets the job done, so you want nothing less than a 9900k or the bang for buck top performer r7 3800x, even the r7 3700x could do a good deal. But you may wanna watch some reviews and so forth.

The best inbetween I've seen that will give you unwavering performance to stream, play and so forth, is...

Cpu: 9900k, r7 3700x
    Gpu: rtx 2060 super, 5700 XT

o_O

Ps. Don't forget that hard drive choice, ram choice and speed as well as overclocking matters a great deal.

RokuVI and loboram like this.