1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Web Shop

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Jujuba, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

So... Let's talk about web shop!
    Since the request thread has no answers and lately we've seen only p2w coming to web shop, we need to talk about monetization in this private server.
    I've seen a lot of players requesting outfits in web shop, but we never get an answer. And this bunch of requests proves that indeed we want to support the server and donate more, but things need to be right. Selling carracks and infinity potions isn't what we asked for... There are a lot of outfits in this build version that haven't seen the daylight, and players are asking for it. Players also could make some money in game with those outfits only available in web shop, that means more donates to the server and more incoming to players.
    So why don't you guys hear the community and start making money with those outfits instead of adding p2w in our web shop that only results in stressful conversations? You need money, we need outfits. That's a win-win situation, instead of triggering players with those p2w.

Note: I'm not here to discuss wether you think a Carrack is p2w or not, but it's time to make money listening to the community.
    We want beauty, fashion, not p2w! (cwl)

PrestonGarvey, Zenysh and B0RnNn like this.
  2. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

And how I p2w if i purchase the Infinity potions? Like everyone can buy the Tent and get potions when they need regardless of grind location. And from what i've seen on server chat lots and lots of people are getting the req. mats to craft the potions.
    Indeed the drop change is low, but same goes for compass or map. They drop hard but from what i've seen people are not that interested into those 2 items.
    If u want a p2w thing is the Teleport system that Premium users have. Make a home point in Valencia and trade there from Kamasylvia with a 1 click. But even that .... how is that p2w? I can hop on my horse and put auto pathing down to Valencia and go make a coffee, watch something on youtube or make some stretch.
    U want to craft these new Epheria boats in day 1 of content release? I dont think u can do that even on retail, my man.....
    This game is not a sprint....is a marathon.
    What i think is a bit exaggerated is the 150euro price tag for these ships. But since my interest for ocean content is zero....i dont care about it.

3. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

The main point of his post is that devs are actualy blind to what most of potential donators want. Ive said many times that webshop should have all outfits that exist to be possible to buy them. Also looking how pearl shop grew up and comparing it to how it looked 2 years ago it is clear that pearl shop is being more and more limited to force people using webshop. I realy didnt mind to support server by buying premium or outfit for some time. But seing all this changes stops me for doing any donations for now, becuase i dont see the furute for this server anymore. Also arguments like - "oh what do you want we have 1k players, thats still more than it was 3 years ago" dont convince me, there was time, where we had almost 7k players online.

aimidin likes this.
  4. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

Also, if we could see what outfits we are actually buying it would be great, like a preview. For example, they could put ALL the outfits in the Pearl Shop "Pearl Box" tag or change it to "Webshop Items" so that we could, if possible, buy them IN the game with cash, if it's not possible, when you press on "Buy" you get redirected to the item you selected on the webshop store. If even that is impossible, rework the entire webshop to allow previews, it's kind of hard to search for all the outfits and it looks very clunky... And I also hate the "Special (Limited)" tag

5. OMEGAWLH

OMEGAWLH New Member

Hey they don't make private server for charity . People gotta eat

Carnage likes this.
  6. Carnage

Carnage Lord Of Calamities: OMEGAWEAPON Forum Legend

lol i haven't spend a single penny on this server i could have bought myself a dodge challenger hellcat. now google how much that is and thats how much worth of money i spent on this private server only to be left to rot.

7. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

I realise people got to eat, however I'm disappointed that the higher tier boats are for sale through the cash shop. I agree with @Jujuba that it's game breaking, at least for me.
    I was happy to support the server even when the dream horses were for sale, but I'm afraid this has gone to far down that slippery slope for my liking.

So adios my friends, it was nice while it lasted ... and I can assure you that I won't let the door hit me on the backside on the way out ;).
    I will however drop by once in a while to see if the direction has changed for the better. In the meantime New World beckons.

PrestonGarvey likes this.
  8. nevergone

nevergone New Member

9. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

We had those in the Pearl Shop last Halloween. You may find them on the Web Shop in the “Special (Limited)" tag if you are lucky... Which means: having to check that section every time the clock updates the goods. And that's the point we are discussing here, we don't want that, we want to see all outfits available for purchase every time so that if you want the Ram Horn, for example, you can buy it inmediatly.

10. Jujuba

Recently I bought an outfit that I really like, finally I have my Crayodel, and I didn't care to pay 5x more for it. What I don't like is the p2w and how much I had to bother Kolka so they could add it to web shop. But thanks anyway. XD

11. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

wow $58,995 on this server i just spend 100 bucks lol

12. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

by the way i 100% with this post

13. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

don't leave bro I'm trying to hang in that myself but it's getting very hard

14. uHazBrainz

uHazBrainz New Member

[​IMG]

People have asked this long before, it was only a matter of time when did they want to release it, besides if you want to skip grind pay up, if not grind for it.

On the topic of this thread yes i + up your idea

15. Jujuba

I do remember this poll, however, back then we didn't had the Great Ocean Update. Buying a Carrack is the same as buying V accessories. You can make over than 1 billion per day with Barter and this is totally dependent on wich ship you have.
    The funniest part of it was when I saw someone complaining on Telegram about how hard it was to craft Carrack's equipment, when the boy had bought his Carrack. I mean... Be coherent at least.