1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bartering

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Neses, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neses

Neses New Member

Why there is no bartering exp bonus in this server , while all other life skills has exp bonuses?

2. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Because you are supposed to buy Carrack for 100 bucks :)

marsseven likes this.
  3. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Aaaaaaaaaaaahdushduhaudhsudhsjhsushsushsuahsua good one!

Yeah... It sucks. They did changed the barter exp a lil bit, but it's not enough. However, we don't need barter xp in order to make money, we just need to upgrade the ship. Being that said, it wouldn't hurt to increase it more, since xp level has no influence in barter but to decrease the parley points needed.

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I would also like to know about this, is there any way we can get a response, as to why we aren't getting a better experience rating with Bartering @Kolka ?

5. VanMerce

VanMerce New Member

H E L P :argh:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  6. Jujuba

This is not the place, dude...

7. VanMerce

VanMerce New Member

sorry mate

8. LaVerole

LaVerole Getting there

Bartering dont really need a xp buff but a incoming money buff. It is just useless to do bartering actualy and none is doing it

9. loboram

Wow, there we go again, those blanket statements are just lies, and how can you not know that?

Once again, there is no way any one player can know exactly what is going on in the entirety on both the servers, and all 5 channels at the same time, as well as everything that all players are doing at the same time.

So please do not lie, just say that you do not want to do this activity unless it is buffed, and that will be the truth.

It is true that Bartering at the moment is not a wonderfully great way to make tons of silver, but show me one activity in one place that is, because I can immediately tell you that it all depends on various conditions, so once again it is really up to the individual player, how to make silver in-game.

10. LaVerole

LaVerole Getting there

It is not difficult to compare the activity at sea between today and when the patch is out. At the beginning we crossed a lot of boats at sea following the trade routes. Today we no longer see a single boat. So yes, my observation is good and no one is bartering anything that you understand. So thank you for avoiding saying that I'm just lying to imply that only your point is the truth. Spend a little less time on the forum and a little more in game and you may be able to make observations by yourself ...

BDO is an MMORPG. Why limit yourself to a single activity to make money in a game with as many features as BDO.
    @Kolka statement is based on the fact that bartering is a semi afk activity when it is not true when you want to barter effectively.

So yes you can actually if you wish to travel by afk but suddenly you are much slower and therefore less profitable ...

To barter, you have to harvest, craft and travel from node to node as quickly as possible so it's not an afk activity

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  11. Jujuba

Let's not forget the risk of being killed by a random PK and lose everything on your ship. XD

12. LaVerole

LaVerole Getting there

I didnt talk about this because you can avoid it with a lvl 49 :) But ofc if you do barter with your main you have to stay aware of pk

13. kyrsten

kyrsten Getting there

And this is most certainly why you don't see as much activity as before on bartering. not everybody wants to begin again on a limited leveled toon.

And it's no more new so poeple may not be interested at all to go on making money as in the begining.

Final point : why don't you also consider doing an activity like bartering just for the fun of doing it ? I know, it's a bit a revolutionary concept, but try to play the game as if it is a game , not a full time job.

marsseven and loboram like this.
  14. Jujuba

The major problem with Bartering here on GameZ is that we don't have a healthy economy. That said, people tend to abandon it because they don't want to go after the items needed to start a chain. Ofc there are plenty more issues, but that's the biggest one, since every new player will quit bartering because "there's not enough items in market to barter." I personally like the lifeskill, however, I didn't wanted to take the same amount of time that I would take in retail to craft a Carrack since players can buy it in web shop with real money.

15. loboram

Simply not true...I do not how to make this point so you can understand it (as you told me).
    I do spend time playing GamezBD, but I am not a mindless mainstreamer, so I play for fun and enjoyment, not as if I am in a contest, where there by the way isn't any reward for being first, except bragging rights in regards with the lifeskills top players, and even that doesn't actually give you any bonuses or rewards in-game. Also I do Barter at sea.
    Sure it is, absolutely true, that like Trading on land you can easily semi-afk Bartering as well. Not sure how to make this point get through to you either.
    Now once again, it is not a competition, it is a game, and they are meant to relax have fun, and enjoy yourself while wasting time.

I am really sorry that you and so many others, have completely missed the point of playing games to begin with.
    I really do hope that players in general develop a more "mature" stance on gaming, and realize that it is indeed for fun, and nothing more.

I cannot see how this discussion is about the topic title though...and will therefore have to lock the thread, as the main discussion has died down:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.