1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Olympiads PvP - Gear Cap to make it more populated

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by HexFyber, Jul 2, 2020.

1. HexFyber

HexFyber New Member

The title pretty much sums it up.

Currently Olympiads and Red Battlefields are PvP contents that struggle to start their own sessions simply cause not enough people do those.
    This is led from the fact that people know there's 700 GearScore in there and just avoid doing it. I often see people saying that you can start doing it at 630+ already but, since the people in those things are always the same, you know you're going to get flattered by a 700.
    This is nothing new for MMORPGs, however, equalized gear has often been the answer to this.

A clear example it's the Trial in battle arena:
    You have an NPC that sells you specific gear, so if you use a trial and someone else uses a trial then you end up with 2 characters with equalized gear. Skill ceiling matters and numbers won't be that definitive.

Why would someone gear up then?
    Guild contents, Nodewar and Siege, Open PvP around the world (which is super common), GvG and anything else related...

At the end of the day I'm here asking to let people play PvP contents without waiting months to hit 300AP 400DP by introducing an Olympiads equalized gear version, you can enter with gear purchased from a NPC which you can definitely enhance with crystals. Up to you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    NinjaRivo, ghostamante and loboram like this.
  2. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

it could be better using only premium character.

3. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Being able to stand on a fair and equal ground with GS will surely bring many more player to those PVP instance,
    in a perfect world those instances should be based on skills and not purely on GS.

i'm sure some people will complain on "why should we farm for GS then?" but the same could be said if there isnt anyone to pvp with in those instances.

Knowing that having more people participate in those fair matches could be a realy nice thing since you could go earlier than you would normaly be able to and
    enjoy a content that's actualy not at everyone reach, therefore making it more alive and also by the same time more competitive and fun.

loboram likes this.
  4. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

There's a RBF with a cap, but nobody goes there, neither in the retail version.
    About the Olympiad, isn't there a Matchmaking system which match gs between the two challengers?

5. HexFyber

HexFyber New Member

There's no matchmaking, plus even if there was, lack of people would not make it work as intended

6. ThePotatoSenpai

ThePotatoSenpai New Member

This is the one and only reason why I won't make any alts here.
    Once my main is fully PEN, I can attend the PvP and have all the fun.

Going through the same procedure with alts? Can't imagine doing so.

But now the subjective aspect aside:
    I'm a WoW-veteran and once the scaling in PvP happened, one half of the player base felt trolled by Blizzard while the other half praised it. "omg, my gear no value!!!" vs. "finally, I can play PvP and enjoy the game even tho I'm not BiS geared!" - I was and still am the "omg, my gear no value!!"-guy, since the scaling occurred in EVERY mode.
    BUT I think that enabling scaling for RBF and/or Olympiads would be a GREAT change and a massive benefit for the server. It will definitely make many more people join RBFs. There's barely anyone that wants to play RBF, because they're just being erased.
    and comments a la "omg, pen is so easy here, just get it!!!" - not everyone is a super-hardcore player/has the time-resource - thus they usually play on Gamez.

and yes, I would highly advise against scaling in G-content, nodewar and so on, because this would basically ruin the core of the game - "enchanting" and the feeling of being full-PEN and flexing.

while RBF is something more like a "quick team-deathmatch" and thus shouldn't hurt anyone - since I have seen only 3 RBFs in the past 5 days. (surely been more, just missed them)

My idea of the scaling: Apply the same AP/DP to every player that joins the RBF. Leaving all the other stats unchanged, because it'll still give a feeling of "I can find the most efficient way to play with my class!!!/my gear still matters!!!" + the implementation of that would be horrendous since classes work differently/adjust these stats in their own way due to talents - could lead to some massive "op-classes in rbf" while simple AP/DP sets it flat for everyone.

Economic aspect for the server-owners:
    Pro:

• more and regular RBFs, thus more player engaging in PvP > spreading the message > gaining more overall players
    • the "Gamez PvP works only if you grind even more than on Retail" false claim will be erased from foreign forums, thus more players
    • more players, more potential donations
    • RBFs let the players have a nice taste of PvP, making them want to participate in large-scale/meaningful PvP content aka GW/NW etc.
    • For meaningful PvP, you need better gear - thus you either donate for Art.Memory for enchanting OR Art.Memory>Caphras
    • more potential players = more potential donations
    Con:
    • Staff has to implement it (the idea is super simple, but the implementation could take ages. Time = Money)
    • Ranting by the few players which are playing RBFs and dislike the idea. (god bless that I'm no longer a forum-moderator, lol)

Oi, one thing @staff: I'm shocked that there's no actual pay2win on this server aka "pay X amount of $$$ to get PEN xyz" + your response time on the forums - you're awesome and keep up the great work!

I didn't read this again, I wrote this in one go, I'm tired, I want to sleep, so pardon any mistakes. Nighty night

EDIT: I knew I forgot something :D

loboram, Plata and hotdaawwwg like this.
  7. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

What if I want to play full evasion on rbf? hybrid? full ap?
    I don't know if it's doable, but the solution could easly be to buff trial character gear to full pen, instead of softcap

hotdaawwwg likes this.
  8. Plata

Plata Getting there

Couldn't agree more with Potato.
    I started with 2 more friends.. both quit within some days because they wanted to do some pvp next to grinding but couldn't because there is no way without decent gear.

loboram and ThePotatoSenpai like this.
  9. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

I like this idea.

10. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I would love to see this in action, since I do not quite agree with this statement, or more specifically, I do not think that it is true.
    This need more elaborating, since I have no clue what it is you are talking about here at all. If you could include some official link that outlines how the mechanisms have changed and how they function, then that would be acceptable as proof. Without that it is just another of those statements that I cannot agree with, due to lack of evidence.