1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New content

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Negromancer, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Negromancer

Negromancer Banned

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Would have to point to forum rules...as this seems like a "useless" thread.
    If you could be more eloborate about what it is you are referring to, other than a completely vague Discussion about content (which makes me think that this should really be in the Suggestions section instead), then I am glad to leave this thread open, but as it is now I have no reason not to close it.

3. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Everyone is crazy about Hashashin and O'dylita, I just wanna Priapu Islands and Events... T.T

5. larroxx

larroxx New Member

He cant even manage to release Guardian Awakening , so waiting for new content may take year or two ;)

6. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

Are you new to the game? Unawakened guardian was not meant to be in the current version. Although, Kolka said the content was locked in the update so they could unlock it and we get Guardian faster even if it was preawaken. People agreed to get guardian even if that meant no awakening and no outfits for 3-4 months. After a few weeks they released awakening in retail. Maybe it was wiser to wait but they gave what people wanted at that time so no complaints.

loboram likes this.
  7. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

I think the problem here is the speed we get the updates not the content from updates as a whole.
    On this one we must agree that GameZ team takes its time to release new stuff. (With new stuff i mean retail updates)
    - They could add seasonal server
    - Guardian awakening and the succession for classes that didnt got it yet.
    - Odylita
    - Darude-Sandstorm class
    - Papu island and its events

Im not a fan of 1 big ass update with trilions of content but rather small content updates but more often.

I know it takes time. I know they are not a big dev team. I know they are fully loaded with stuff to do ... but it is what it is. Nowdays patience is not that common in the new blood.
    I admit that with a 684 GS Guardian I cant grind/pvp same way a succ. Ninja/Sorc does and is frustrating ... but, again, it is what it is.

I saw Kolka made a poll regarding what should be their focus for the next update. I think is a little bit late if they now are starting to work on that... because we all know getting that would might take 2-3 more months ... and by that time on retail we might get 3 more new classes 5 new zones and God knows what else Krapkao/Pearl Crapbyss will bring. (I know this is an exaggeration but bare with me :p )

I do like this server and the staff working here. They are communicative and transparent. Very humble, funny sometimes and helpful with whatever problem u might have. Even the most retarded question u might think of.
    But the speed of the content updates .... is the drawback.

All the best bois <3

ohmeowgod and loboram like this.
  8. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

I think we should focus on anything, we were few weeks further than EU/NA retail, now we are like half year behind...

9. loboram

hmmm, that worked out quite nicely...guess it wasn't a bad idea to leave it open :)

ohmeowgod likes this.
  10. Jujuba

To be honest, it's not worth it to launch an update every week or so. The chances that GameZ has to have more bugs than retail is way big than normal, that's because mostly they code it from 0, and they have to do it with every single build. Normally updates will come with tons of bugs, and not only that, it also can bug something that was already fixed. So imagine have to patch the game every week? It wouldn't give the time needed to fix the old bugs, and they would have new ones, not to mention those news ready to jump in next week. Got it?
    I think it's better wait a lil bit to get more content with less bugs than to have it always bugged. Also, lets not forget, we ALWAYS get some content that retail doesn't have, like we did with Lahn, Ash Forest, Infinity Potions, now O'dyllita and Hashashin. Hashashin is released only on KR, now PA started to launch it "exclusively" on PS4. Next weeks it will be launched globally.

There are some topics you shouldn't had it closed, but again, who can argue against Loboram and it's texts cosplayed as bible? lol

11. loboram

I am sorry, however I am not quite following this comment. "...texts cosplayed as bible?" What exactly do you mean?
    Because I am very anti-religious, anti-faith, anti-belief. I just try my best not to mix it into my online persona.

12. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

U really dont have to spend time to explain to me how Development process works in the gaming industry. Im with Electronic Arts since 11 years past...and im quite familiar with that.
    Also, i didnt said we need weekly basis updates ... so no need to such assumption

All i wanted to say there, and which i dont get why u failed to get that, is the fact that having a big ass update every 6 months is not that great. U will lose players in between that time because we are living in 2020 and the amount of games that are out there now is bigger than Chinese population and u will never know if one of these games will steal like for ever your players.
    I know GameZ team for BDO is not that big but hiring some volunteers or some paid developers u will increase the time you will deliver updates = players will not feel like that game is stall and they get bored.
    Is obvious that is easy to say than done ... but trust me on this one .... THE ONLY PLAYERS THAT CARE ABOUT THE GAMES ( In general ) ARE THE ONES THAT ARE SPENDING THEIR TIME WRITING POSTS ON FORUMS ABOUT DIFFERENT TYPE OF ISSUES. /CAPS OFF while a player that dont care about the game will just uninstall and move along....

loboram and ohmeowgod like this.
  13. Jujuba

I don't know why you sound so offended, I'm quit sure I didn't sound like that or used any word that could trigger you. And you right, perhaps I don't need to tell you how development works, but the way I see it you need to remember where you're playing.
    There's a team of 6 developers, more or less, and they do what they can with the time they have. If @Kolka or @Noyah had to explain that to you I'm sure you would get a ban for "trying to telling them what is best for GameZ", everyone knows that. But let's not forget this is a FREE VERSION of a paid game, if Pearl Abyss have to charge packs so you can play, and yet they have no perfect staff, why would you think it would be best or perfect here? Hello?! Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure that ppl who buy premium or whatever from web shop is not enough to support 100% the team so they could put all their efforts and time here. So yeah... Think again.

Just meant that you always have a lot to type. It was a joke, you know that, I said it before. But nvm. (angel)

14. loboram

Alright...the discussion so far has been constructive and beneficial, there have been arguments made for the different opinions, but lately it is descending into "mud-throwing".

I believe that the thread has been answered thoroughly as well by now. Perhaps you should look up the forum/telegram active main developer's own answers to this sort of questioning for more information :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.