1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Website Feedback 2-step verification and security increase on GameZ accounts.

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by Sef, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Sef

Sef New Member

There is couple of issues with GameZ accounts when it comes security.
    (Before I write more I do need to clarify I have no idea how GameZ Aion security side is made and I only know how things in GameZ Black Desert side works. Ofc the concerns and ideas can be shared with cross the GameZ ofc.)

To start off, when there is e-mail breech (with poor security), the attacker has full control of requesting "forgot the password" and gain access on the account.
    Moment this happens and even if the owner of the GameZ account managed to change and get control on the E-mail there is always risk of E-mail might be compromised.
    To increase this security there should be option to request in certain situations E-mail change. We do not have this function right now and we should have it.

Second thing is to avoid any breach there should be option to link your account with 2-step verification. Maybe some auth method (Google etc.) . This way every time when you log into the account you need to verify it is you (if you have this feature enabled). Most of the games use this method and as should GameZ too in my honest opinion.

Thirdly to even make things more secure, there should be another layer of security via PIN method. Where owner can set example 6 digit code what is needed when new IP is trying to log into the account in-game for example. This way owner can feel even more safe after using Auth method above.

We are in dire need for good security, it would solve so many account breaches and maybe even lessen the ability to have other people able to trade GameZ accounts on the 3rd party Account Selling websites.

loboram, edowardo, slatt and 9 others like this.
  2. Geromius

Geromius New Member

I totally agree with everything you say! I hope we get a solution for this :)

3. Vegnar

Vegnar New Member

+ for me

4. allister22

allister22 Getting there

Agree !2 step verification via mobile or email would be great ! Or when logged from difrent ip

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  5. Rastagang

Rastagang New Member

Can't encourage this enough. Gamez lacks a proper way of securing our accounts. Just a single password isnt gonna cut it anymore in the times we are living in.

6. Miloplum

Miloplum New Member

+1 here! This would be much better than what we currently have.

7. Slogenn

Slogenn New Member

2 step verification sounds perfect, would be nice seeing it.

8. Lepricorn

Lepricorn New Member

Completely Agree.

9. Nereus

Nereus New Member

Pls Kolka senpai

10. Garzox

Garzox New Member

I agree with the 2-step verification and security increase

11. slatt

slatt New Member

At least let us add 2FA. I mostly get not letting us change the Email (although I wish I could change mine since the email I made my Gamez account on is on an old email site that no longer exists) but some type of 2FA would be much appreciated. Ideally token based with Google Authenticator or something, or PIN based since the game already supports PINs (need to enable it)

12. allister22

allister22 Getting there

13. Protoxs

Protoxs New Member

I agree with the 2-step verification and security increase

14. Ouzmo

Ouzmo New Member

give us dat good shit mane uh

15. N1kollas

N1kollas New Member

I think this is a good idea, I'm tired of someone visiting my account at night and stay on macro!

Sef likes this.
  16. checkpickles

checkpickles New Member

Just activate the PIN system that's already included in-game. That should do it!

17. allister22

allister22 Getting there

ye pin would also be good

18. Nesono

Nesono New Member

So how do we reset out passwords?

19. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Our last investigation showed that 92% "hacked" accounts, its was scam on try RMT when player shared password by self.
    Only 2% of all cases of account lost was happen due to real trojan (which also was come after player installed "superhack for dupe failstacks")
    Rest 6% it was "friend" who had account access try to sell it, brother delete items, mom delete items etc.

Currently we allow to players to share account to each other and not punish for that. But if we add additional instrument to control account then we will should to change rules for make account share forbitten. That 2 systems is linked to each other. Currently now, u can use 2F auth on your email and nobody can stolen your password. But if we implement it on gamez website players will have possibility to use it as secured RMT method, then with forbitten account sharing other players will have possibility to abuse rule against enemies to ban them once known proof. For example if we offer 10% of silver of banned account for account sharing, then we will have 5-7 additional new player reports to current now what we have with proof of account sharing and in result some people will not glad to have this 2F auth.

We will have discuss with team about it, but currently as u see its not so simple question like it can be look.

Fortza and RadiantCure like this.
  20. Ondoygaming

Ondoygaming New Member

Hi.. good day..
    Can anyone help me?? How can i get back my account?? If i lost my password and email?? Is there any sulotion?? 2.0 version last i played..