1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Caphras only 10k now at NPC

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by remilafo, Aug 29, 2020.

1. remilafo

remilafo New Member

Anyone got some suggestions to replace selling cahras at the NPC for profit?
    Those passive caphras/pearls were my main source of income. help?

2. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

The devs are telling you to grind or kick rocks.

loboram likes this.
  3. remilafo

remilafo New Member

Yeah more player engagement is the obvious statement. I got two small kids though, passive afk advancement was the appeal of gamezbd server. If that goes away a question arises why play here?

4. lumoz123

lumoz123 Getting there

cause u dont need to pay real cash to be competetive.
    cause we got more content now than retail on NA and EU.
    cause there are dozens of other afk options too.

sry, dont get me wrong, its no rant. and i get that u dont have much time to play.
    but srsly, why then play a game like BDO?
    it is a private server in the end, and we have way to many afk pearl farmers compared to overall server population.

im realy thankfull for kolka for doin this, cause now games not only a afk machine.

5. remilafo

remilafo New Member

Yes all the things you said are good points. In fact if i was not in the life stage i currently am I would probably have the same position as you. I left your question because it's the most poignant .. Before my kids i played bdo and liked it alot, still do. But perhaps you are right if the only way i can play is afk then maybe it's time to move on.

6. Zeros9856

Zeros9856 New Member

Well, if the devs want to be more engage into the game then buff LifeSkills since is bullshit right now.
    Probably their meaning of engagement is "Grind mobs and only that" for which is a super boring activity in a nice game where you could do so many things currently only 1 is a viable way to make average+ silver (mobs grinding . . .)

7. lumoz123

lumoz123 Getting there

To be fair, i wouldnt want to hold guys like u back. Since RL is always worth more. Damn, gamez need a way to implement something for guys and gals like you.
    If i would get kids, i would be in the same dilemma.

8. lumoz123

lumoz123 Getting there

The problem is, that we are way less players than on retail. So spikes are felt more often than on retail.
    They limited bartering, cause half the game would be afk till they have enough ap/dp to pvp for real.
    Just think about how every major city looked like prior to the patch. Everyone in the city doin afk stuff. It was mostly dead.

9. remilafo

remilafo New Member

I guess you seek pvp combat in open world. What you consider a negative, i was really quite happy with.

loboram likes this.
  10. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

I got news for you, buddy. That's not changing. People will continue to afk and find other means of making money for it. Only thing that is likely to change is how many people play day to day or even at all anymore. I'm sure this change made someone decide to drop the game, just like the horse training nerf before. But it's cool. We'll keep kicking the little guys down because of this bloated sense of what we think should happen. Account sellers rejoice, too, I guess?

11. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Horse Training has been and still is the number one AFK-silver-income though. It is no that hard to leave the PC on, except instead of a character just standing around (or worse running), then it is really not that big a deal to start bredding horses and training them. You can seel to the Imperial Horse Vendor instantly, circumventing the Player Horse Market altogether.

12. lumoz123

lumoz123 Getting there

1. im not ur buddy.
    2. ever heard something of reading comprehension?
    why so fkn agressive?
    u 5 years old or whats ur problem?...

Edit. And btw, im also new. playin for roughly 14 days now...
    So much for kicking the little guys down.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  13. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

You saying that makes this even worse. You haven't even played long enough to be informed enough to have an opinion on this, yet here you are anyway. You started at the tail end of a patch cycle, when everybody who isn't still gearing up are usually all afk. Gamez always has cycles of high player activity and hibernation, but you wouldn't know that because you've been here only two weeks. Despite that, you jump straight to blaming things like caphras money. What the hell, dude?

And yes, this change does kick the little guy down. I have some new guildmates who just started about a week ago, who have been screwed over because weapon prices went up with this patch and they don't get that 300m silver welfare daily anymore. Prior to this patch, you could get a pen kzarka or dande after being here for roughly a week. Not anymore. Most new players aren't going to look at caphras until after their first month or two, and now that's a free 9b they miss out on. At least we have suppressed boss gear now, and they can still make some cash off horse training, or they'd be really screwed. Or at least, until the latter gets nerfed again because of people like you.

14. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

Please keep the discussion civil.

15. aynoni

aynoni Getting there

I think they should have kept it to be honest. It has been useful for me several times.

For old players this probably wouldn't be any issue, unless maybe pen roulette accessories :p But for newer players having this feature would be helpful getting horse, mounts etc... Dont really need to worry that much about gear anymore as of tuvala.

If their reason was to make people grind more, i think its a bit pointless in my opinion but it still would work to make some people grind more of course.
    Example my self sometimes dont want to grind cause i am simply tierd of it. So i do other stuff to make silver but at that point the caphras has been helpfull if the things i do is low silver count, keeping me playing the game longer if i am low on silver and are tierd of grinding.

After this i just stopped keeping my pc running while sleeping/being away from the house abit etc.. But isn't this supposed to be like a extra game mechanic being afk, i mean you need to be afk for the workers to reset task so you have a reason to be keeping this running.
    There is no reason for me personally to actually keep the game running anyways after the price was reduced. Since my workers don't generate enough silver to bother keeping the game running or i basicly generate almost no afk silver anyways other than if caphras had normal price which was a appealing reason to keep my pc running when afk. I assume people who dont actively play dont really keep the game running just for caphras in my opinion. But i do get that there might be people keeping game running afk for ages while they dont actively play and play other game instead.

This is my opinion atleast.

16. Visoral

Visoral Getting there

What is the actual problem with this?
    I don't get it at all why are people complaining about this?
    Just list your Caphras on CM.
    Done.

Obviously, on average, I've been able to sell over 1k of caprice every day.
    That's more than a day's pearl income.

What I'm talking about is based on the situation on the NA server.
    If this is different from the situation on the EU server, I apologize.

17. aynoni

aynoni Getting there

Ya you are right, I havent tried that myself since i assume it might take ages to sell so i wouldn't bother with it. It is a bit dumb of me not even trying tho, so i might actually see how long it takes to sell one.
    If you look at attached image this is what you see on EU right now, So people might feel it wont sell at all myself included. Its not that bad but its all down to how many sales happend if this will take ok time or realy long time i would say.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  18. Visoral

Visoral Getting there

It's almost the same as NA.
    Grats, Now you know how to earn more silver :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ronronron

ronronron New Member

ur profile pic is cool. It made me laugh

20. lumoz123

lumoz123 Getting there

Haha thx, but credit for it goes to carbot animations, i just recolored it to match my own guardian. ^^
    You should check em out on YT. They have some funny BDO Cartoons and more.