1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fishing drop rates

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by SmittyWerben, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmittyWerben

SmittyWerben New Member

Bug Name:
    Prize Fish seem to be gone
    Bug Description:
    Me and 2 friends have been over night fishing for about 2 weeks now.

To increase my fishing lvl i started fishing in velia.
    Ive noticed that you get double catches now but i didnt get a single red fish for a whole week staight.

At first I thought it's because of my low mastery but during the second week me and 2 other friends went to a certain spot in margoria (Ghost whale harpooning spot) to catch some football fish.

Our stats:
    Balenos rod +10
    t4 pet (auto fishing time reduce)
    person 3: 800 mastery
    person 2: 600 mastery
    person 1: 1500 master

Its been a whole week and we fished over night every day and none of us got a prize fish (orange quality).

I used to fish in this spot about 6 months ago and got about 2 football fish per night constantly and with about 800 mastery.

Its weird how none of use can get seem to get any prize fish even tho person 1 has such a high mastery.

The location of the spot in question will be below
    but i assume you could test it anywhere and see wether you can get any prize fish or not.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Maybe this is intended but if it is not.
    I would first take a look at the fishing table and see if something is off.
    If not, youd have to fish over night with 2k mastery and see wether you get any.
    A whole night of fishing with 2k mastery should get you several prize fish considering that you've got a 5% chance to get one and cast over 100 times.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

The fishing drop rate is not that great here, true, but I'm at 1500+ mastery and I do have some nights of not a single Prize Fish, and this is happening since before the update... After the last update I haven't been fishing in regular places, I've been fishing Tear of the Ocean and there's no Prize Fish in this spot, except that the Tear IS an Orange (I see red) grade item. :D

3. SmittyWerben

SmittyWerben New Member

Ive been fishing in margoria every night for months b4 i came back. The break i took was about 6 months long.
    There absolutely is a difference, since getting no prize fish was a rarity just a few months ago and now we are 3 times the people and have 2x the mastery and didnt get one in a whole week of fishing up to 10 hours a day

4. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

ive to agree been fishing in velia and before the update i got like 1-3 red fishes a night with 1300 mastery and up until now i didnt catch a single red fish. i do understand that its rng and all that but over such a long time with decent mastery and having the comparison from before the update..

5. SmittyWerben

SmittyWerben New Member

any news? I kinda want to know wether this is intended or not bcuz fishing sucks so much its not even worth doing

6. Jujuba

I don't think it's intended, I also haven't been fishing prize fish.
    @Kolka could you check this?

7. Jujuba

I've just got a prize fish, wow... been a long time! So I think it's fixed(?).

8. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

where ?

9. Jujuba

Velia Beach

10. SmittyWerben

SmittyWerben New Member

Here is my/our (3 ppl) update.
    Velia beach does drop some corvinas (1 mil fish) but none of the margoria areas, ross sea and vadabin sea drop any red fish... at least not since i opened this post (8-10h of fishing every day)

11. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

not only testing margoria north, but also middle & ross none of them give red fish the only place that is confirnmed to give them since the update is velia beach no other place so far. tests done with 1400 mastery

12. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

another update tried 8h of harpoon fishing, 1400 mastery so with +3 bracket and didnt get a single prize fish (tried a mixture of ghost whale, requiem shark, yes i was at the right spot).

13. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

come to spot where we will test and use .loc command, we will come to same place on retail and on gamez and will do tests and compare it. Ty
    from loc command we need coordinates now.

14. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

do i need my boat there cuz ive a port and fish on ghost whale spot ill pm you on telegram

15. SmittyWerben

SmittyWerben New Member

So is this bug officially confirmed? It still wasnt moved to "confirmed" even tho kolka said it will be worked on

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  16. Jujuba

It's a work in progress, they need to do some tests, please be patient and soon @Kolka will have an answer for us.

17. meehass

meehass New Member

Bug Name:
    Fishing drop rates
    Bug Description:
    Hello kind people .
    I am here today to ask and report about something i noticed while doing quests .
    First of all the 100% ynix seed on fishing totally ruins the fishing drop rates.
    Second i have noticed that the drop rates on some fishes are not the same as retail and they are even lower . Especially the Blackfin Sea Perch and Skate fishes are not dropping almost at all . i know it is rng but they are supposed to be the same drop rate as the other rare fishes . I have fished and done the quest that requires both of those fishes in retail in multiple accounts and characters within hours , while here i am afk and active fishing for 5 days without catching any Blackfin Sea Perch and only one Skate fish and i have noticed that some rare fishes drop more than others .
    Third some trash loot from fishing are not dropping at all and i haven't found a single person that has fished those trash items one of those is the Broken bottle.

Thanks in advance , i hope i didnt waste your time . It's just i feel like im wasting my time on something that should work differently and that is a couple of quest . My request is not something that will help me be stronger or benefit me in any other way other than progressing with my quests! I wouldn't make this post if i havent done this already in multiple occasions both in retail and in other private servers without any problem like this one !
    How to reproduce/proof:

18. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I can confirm this report, and I just wanted to add a question while we are at it, since @Chiclete said something that astounded me: "...don't overreact comparing GameZBD to Retail. So please, manage your expectations..."
    This just seems SO weird to me, since all I have ever heard from the Developer @Kolka, is that GamezBD tries its very best to copy and implement whatever is in the Western-Retail-BDO-server/client-game.

Every single time I have asked for more custom content, or something uniquely GamezBD, this is what I have been told over and over again: GamezBD = Retail-BDO

So, in that spirit this problem has been ignored and been "resolved" before, but nothing has actually changed the last three times it has been reported :(

19. Jujuba

Our development team is always trying their best to improve and update GameZBD, but you already know that. And let's not forget that even getting all the features from retail we still have a lot that's just different from there, it could be rates, drop chances, boss timer... Players that had played retail knows the differences.
    That said, that's the reason why I asked him to don't overreact comparing GameZBD to Retail, because in time we get everything working just fine, and I don't think I need to mention his behavior.
    Furthermore, the way I see it you just want to pour some gasoline into the fire. I'm sure you read it all in this particular topic, but I know you didn't understand a thing, as usual, but had the courage to come here to tag me and @Kolka just to throw your shade.
    Last but not least, Fishing is under review, as stated before. Players recently reported that no Prize Fishes were coming and I was one of them, but it's not that easy to prove something that's based on RNG. And you may think that @Kolka doesn't care, but it's not true. I know for fact that he was fishing like crazy on retail to get some data and see if it's ok or no.

Next time, please, quote my full message with the forum quote function, so people will know from where it came and will be able to get the entire context, not just what you're trying to imply. ;)
    PS: this is a verbal alert.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Puffery and Donyi like this.
  20. c0ntr4d1ct0r

c0ntr4d1ct0r New Member

Hello there. I can confirm that Blackfin Sea Perch and Skate fishes are impossible to fish, thus making it impossible to complete the suggested questline [Level 55] Reluctantly Helping Katio (https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/1501/18/). I was supposed to create a bug report about this, but I got lazy, lmao. But I've sent the screenshots to Kolka in Telegram already (he asked me to open the bug report). But since this thread is about the same problem, I'll +1 it.

I've fished for 6 days straight in Margoria, Ross, Juur and Vabadin seas. I've caught ALL the yellow fishes but Blackfin Sea Perch, Skate and Sea Bass.

I'm almost that those fishes are in the fishing table, but their % chance to get must be abyssal close to 0% or might be even 0%. I've caught up to almost 3000 fishes in those 6 days.
    Those are the yellow fishes that I got:

- Striped Bonito;
    - Striped Jewfish;
    - Tile Fish;
    - Nibbler;
    - Sunfish;
    - Porgy;
    - Tuna;
    - Smokey Chromis;
    - Goliath Grouper;
    - Cuvier;
    - Greater Amberjack.

My suggestion:
    1) If they are actually on the fish table, please, make all the yellow fishes catch chances to be even or similar, because right now, having to spend mora than 3 days to complete a quest is just crazy. I've heard people in retail complaining about this quest too, but they can complete after 2-3 days only.

2) Create a hotspot of these 2 fishes near NADA ISLAND, where the quest giver is, so at least people can complete this questline, which is a Suggested one from the Black Spirit.

loboram and Jujuba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.