1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PvE Channel

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Infinito, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Infinito

Infinito New Member

Hi all,

I have been following this version of Private BDO for a while but have yet to try it. I have plenty of experience in PvX in BDO and honestly all that I need there. What I may never get there, is a PvE server to just enjoy the massive game and afk wherever I please on any level character.

Is there a PvE channel added or being implemented in this version? I did a forum search but only found some old threads which seemed to have the majority in favor of one. I'm all for PvP, but if it's so popular let people mutually agree on it and both flag (go to arena, rbf, NW etc..).

That's the main thing I am looking for to add to my BDO experience, so am turning to Private Servers for it. I have max energy, top gear, multiple 61-62+ characters in a few different regions of the regular BDO game so am not looking for more of what I've already accomplished. Thank you and regardless I think it's awesome that there is a private community seemingly active with a lot of good feedback from what I've heard!

Legendario and PrestonGarvey like this.
  2. Puffery

Puffery ᴘᴜꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ Forum Legend

There isn't a PVE channel and I doubt there ever will be an exclusive PvE channel(If you don't count the Season channel). In my opinion its not needed. Its rare you'll have someone just come and kill you for no reason out in the world outside of Arsha Channel or RBF.

Disclaimer: This is my personal belief and has no reflection whatsoever to the rest of the staff of the Gamez Network. Nor should this post be taken as official news.

3. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Well, we can count Season Channel as a PvE channel, since the only kill available there is through Guild Wars.

4. ludiq

ludiq New Member

2 days ago got killed in Polly forest,still undergeared :D , but the killer just gone when i got back.Kills for no reason are still happening,even in a bad spot like mushrooms.Dunno,maybe the person needed bad karma ( i remember there was a quests gated behind bad karma )

5. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

I second this I want to see a PVE server

Infinito likes this.
  6. Infinito

Infinito New Member

There is a tremendous opportunity for one that PA fails to capitalize on. Hopefully one of the Private Servers do!

I'm not worried about PvP, but like so many I have done MUCH of it and the world has grown exponentially and there is so much to explore. So many places to just stop and fish, gather, look for hidden caves, take in the views, etc...

As others pointed out, I guess it still does happen even in this version. I play Arsha often in the retail version, that is where real PvPers go. Those that like to flag on undergeared/leveled characters or AFKers, are usually afraid of Arsha because many there are geared and not afk. Season Servers are a bandaid, eventually gets tiring of making new characters after you have already leveled every class. Why not some Perma-Olvia Server for PvE with PvP being by mutual consent only?

The best parts of BDO are PvE as the majority of the game is PvE yet there is a PvP focused channel with no PvE focused channel still to this day. I personally PvX in every MMO I play but in a game this massive with so much to explore, it does more to keep people cluttered in safe-zones AFK, taking pics, etc.. than it does to entice them to do otherwise.

Hopefully it's something that gets truly considered! I'm sure it would do wonders for the playerbase numbers as the MAJORITY in almost every Poll I've seen yet seem to be in favor of a PvE channel (I don't think PvP should be barred from any channel, but on those channels mutual this way you know it's going to be a fight and not just some griefing on lowbies or AFKers).

PrestonGarvey likes this.
  7. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Seasonal servers are pve servers. They're not meant to be a crutch to escape all pvp, though. You still have gvgs happen there, and you have to leave the server if you want to grind anywhere that requires more than full pen tuvala. As for the rest of that blob of text - pvp doesn't prevent you from exploring, taking screenshots, or enjoying 99% of the pve parts of the game. Most of the pvp is crowded in the endgame zones in the arsha channel, where the siege guilds are looking to start guild wars or are hunting for war targets.

You're not on their list of priorities rn, and anybody who is looking to kill you isn't going to do so for longer than 5 minutes if you don't run your mouth. Unless you're occupying the spot they want at an endgame grind zone, then in which case, you're probably gonna die. But there's always more channels and other spots to grind at.

Puffery likes this.
  8. ludiq

ludiq New Member

Well ,since is private server - they can add probably but under some conditions - lowered rates (not x10 ) ,like PVP channel got buff,PVE one can get a debuff and to be accessible for premium users only (yup,server need support :) ).About the problem on grind spots - we are not retail ,much less ppl,so 3 normal + PVP + PVE = plenty space for all .So ....is a chance that staff can use to capitalize some cash :).Just my opinion,is all their decision :D

9. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Good thing you added that disclaimer...because according to your experience there are nearly no Player-Killings happening on GamezBD.
    Well, the thing is; there is NEVER going to be a Lack of humans, that think that the entire world is only there for your own pleasures.
    This is indeed a daily experience of many players, most of them Completely new players to the GamezBD community and/or game itself. This just ruins their enjoyment of GamezBD in general, which is why they feel like they would prefer to have a server exclusively for PvE players.
    The thing is; BDO is a MMORPG. Means it is based on questing, and mainly PvE content, while there are aspects added to the game (node/guild-wars and more) that are purely PvP in nature, the game itself is not a PvP-game, which has been explained so many times now that only ignorant humans will disagree, BUT it is indeed up to the individual players, How they want to play their game. Despite how players want to spend their online time, it Still falls under the most obvious part of the Server-Rules; "While playing GameZ (edited from GamezAion) you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass or threaten other players."

Look on the answer above, as it is not really up to GamezBD to modify the game-core, but it is up to the individual players to learn how to do Player Reports, with added screenshots and video recordings, otherwise anyone can claim anything.
    See this is the sort of behavior I would like to avoid in general, since it is indeed harassment if one player thinks; "this player is an idiot asshole, I am now going to stop playing the game, Just to go harass this player, because (despite being a complete stranger in an online computer game) I do not like it/her/him", and then follows up on it, which is probably why Pearl-Abyss changed the Falcon into a one-use item I suppose.

@LordXenon I generally do not agree with you, mainly because we are different people and you play computer games for other reasons than I do, IF you think that behaving like a little-spoiled-kindergarterner while online in a computergame is perfectly alright. I think that since it is a MMO-game, it Should try to bring people together, instead of doing what pretty much everything else in the world does on a daily basis; Divide people, bring hatred and disgust into the minds of children, as well as indoctrinate them into insane beliefs systems, without their consent or knowledge.

Computergames have the wonderful potential to bring together people, that would have had no other means of ever meeting and communicating, so instead of spreading more violence and intolerance, wouldn't it be far better to find bridges and understanding?

10. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Replies are inside the quote, in red.

Puffery likes this.
  11. loboram

"The only people who really complain are some of the people on the forums, and there's so few of you that it doesn't matter...The reason the karma system exists is to prevent stronger players from overly abusing weak players...Killing someone repeatedly and insulting them for it, however, is...you can do all that without all the anti-pvp brigading and guilt trips...There's plenty of things to do in this game that doesn't involve killing people...If you really are being harassed and bullied in game with hate-filled messages and stuff, then report it to the gms...You wouldn't have made it in the old forums of retail NA/EU BDO, especially during the alpha and beta eras. There was a huge crowd of people that would tear you to pieces for your opinion."

Yeah, I am not going to "cheat" and make it so I am unable to quote your message, as you did above @LordXenon.

First up, lets get one thing straight; ALL humans are individuals, however much they choose to believe in mainstream ideology.
    Secondly; Me and You, are different people, with individual points of view and opinions.
    Thirdly; However much all of us debate about the BDO-game, it is created by Pearl-Abyss and it is their vision of gaming that we are using, also the amount of times there are wild generalizing claims on this forum is staggering to say the least.

Having said that, I am perfectly aware that I -as an individual- have been singled out for speaking my mind, and the most funny part of it is; it is the same players who behave badly (using abusive language and harassing) that are now crying, whining and moaning about me saying something about that behavior, and -just to point it out- I am NOT using abusive language (cursing/swearwords), I am merely making a quite straight forward observation of those players' behavior, nothing more.

Alright, now to the answering part:

1. @LordXenon you start off with this wild claim that has no basis in reality (look at the quote at the top), saying that there are only a small handful of players who are affected by this sort of "bad behavior", which is just not factually true. I have had SO many players leave GamezBD because of this toxicity in the community, and I can say that atleast 50 players I have encountered personally have had this experience of GamezBD. The many many other players that leave and are never heard from, is mainly because there are SO few players who are using the forum at all. So we could debate back and forth that your circle of player "friends" never had any of these experiences, or that they welcome this form of gaming behavior, BUT it will not make much difference for those who have had the bad experiences, whether they choose to speak out on the matter or not, because as can be seen extremely clearly is that as soon as you (meant as a generalizing you) speak out against the mainstream ideology of Western-retail-BDO, you end up being targeted as I have. So there is no incentive to standing up and trying to change things for the better.

2. The next two quotes are EXACTLY what I have said many times now. That there is a system -however imperfect it may be- to try to curb the "bad" behavior, and that there is indeed a limit to what is acceptable while playing the game, in order to not ruin other players game-time.

3. Anti-PvP and Guilt Trips; hmmm, well the thing is I am merely trying to dissuade players from trying to make GamezBD into a toxicity filled community as the Western-Retail-servers are. I have nothing against the PvP in BDO, and I would love to try it out sometime, so I am not actually calling out for a PvE server, which I also made clear in the reply I gave.

4. There being plenty of things to do in-game without PvP; YES! The game has a ratio of PvE to PvP stuff of about 8:2, since the whole game is about anything but PvP, and then there are some strictly PvP-elements added to it, but the main reason all PvP'ers use to call this game a PvP game, despite there not being a PvP label added to the game description made by Pearl-Abyss themselves, is that there is a Possibility for Open-World-PvP, which is mentioned on the Pearl-Abyss website. So factually the game is a PvE game, and there are some elements of PvP, now I will grant you that the game seems to be designed for the progression to end with PvP-content which is quite alright, but it is the "getting there" that the problem arises from. Players that feel entitled to put their highly geared characters to work on completely new players, by making it difficult -or just to harass others- for these new players to get a feel for the game, and most importantly to get to the end-game where they can then finally join in the PvP-scene, which quite counter-intuitively the PvP'ers really want more players to join. But if the new players aren't allowed some meassure of freedom from really bad experiences, although it has gotten very much better lately, then there won't be many players that make it to the end-game and PvP-scene at all.

5. The last two quotes are quite funny really, because the first one merely repeats Exactly what I have been saying from the very start, and the next one...not really sure how to approach it without saying the magical "trigger": This is not Western-Retail-BDO, if you want that, then go play there.
    I would not want to be a part of a community that is bowing down and worshipping at the altar of mainstream ideology, which by the way wasn't actually created by the majority but just the most loud humans that could rally the most to their cause, leaving the rest of the community to just have to accept the changes imposed by those other players. It is basically all about these backwards "rules" that were invented there, the "MY SPOT!" and "This is a PvP-game" ideology, because it is certainly not from a design perspective, that these things started to be a "thing" there.
    As you yourself mentioned, the game tries to offer a way to make the "non-consensual-PvP" punishable, but it doesn't quite make it, also keeping in mind that there are NO rewards whatsoever (unless in Guild versus Guild wars) for killing other players at all.

SO...I am saying:
    PvE-server = Bad idea
    Intentional (over the limit) "Bad behavior" = Punishable by reporting it
    Play how you like as long you as aren't continually "harassing" other players, read the server-rules for reference.

12. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Lol. I didn't cheat you out of anything. I put it inside the quote because it makes it easier to read/flow better. I do this with really long posts because it looks just a bit better to the average person than making multiple paragraphs outside the quote. Sometimes, I can write multiple paragraphs to your one, and that messes with the flow. As a workaround, you can literally copypaste the entire quote, remove your bits, then slap quote tags around it to make it one whole quote of what I said.

Replies to the rest are in red, once again.

13. loboram

"It's all in the context of what you say, not exactly whether you choose to use swears or anything else, that matters most. If your posts contain accusatory language and a strong personal bias, which they often do (I mean, you just accused me of cheating you out of quoting me... lol), then people are bound to single you out. If not anything else, look at the reason you lost your moderator position as an example."
    The reasons for me loosing my Moderator position are numerous, a group of players determined to report EVERY single reply or post I made, and of course the biggest one, having a higher-up-staff-member thinking I am a "bad guy", just to mention two, but I do wholeheartedly agree that most humans are indeed incapable of hearing someone elses unfiltered thoughts and opinions, so my "style/personality/methodology" is a problem for most humans, mainly because they are used to having "traditional-behavior" leveled at them from others. Something I have rarely done in the long life I have had so far :D

"And yes, it is a small handful of people, regardless of your personal experience."
    Here we will probably never see eye to eye, because as I have said before, I have been a personal witness to at least 50 players entering GamezBD, and after 2-3 weeks leaving again with the same message: "Too toxic for me". Now some of them said that their experience was about the server-chat and others said that they had been victimized over and over again, by the same guild/players who Player Killed them until they just quit.
    You not having had said experiences yourself, or just thinking that this is the "norm", cannot put yourself in their place, nor say that it doesn't happen on GamezBD.

"I have no doubt that people will verbally abuse you or others. Verbal abuse is a human thing that happens, and it's especially prevalent in gaming circles for whatever reason, but then again, a karen will scream at you in a grocery story because their coupon didn't work. It just seems to be an extreme psychological aspect. Nobody accepts it, but I guess because the behavior goes unpunished in a lot of situations, people continue to do it."
    Which brings me to this one, because in context this makes a lot of sense, the why the server-chat has actually improoved (not how it is spelled but how it sounds). There have been MANY reports of chat-abuse, which have been ignored or rejected, and it has been one of the big reasons people have left the community.

"You often immediately poke the bear in this topic, instead of addressing issues you should. If you went towards talking about how players are verbally abusive being the issue in every case, then you would probably see less opposition."
    Hehe, I am sure that if I just stopped posting anything, Most people would feel better about carrying on as they always have :p
    But yeah I get it, I do use my personal views as a "weapon" against what I perceive as truly over the limit behavior, and of course I am going to step on some toes in the process, as well as make "a mountain out of a molehill" in other people's eyes.
    The main issue here is to actually have the courage and steadfastness, to keep making a point out of something that so few players want to speak out on, what I meant about the incredibly few players who actually say out loud that there is a problem. They choose to either just make player reports or to just ignore the problem until they cannot and leave instead.
    Basically, if I do not say anything I am part of the systematic problem, that will just keep growing, and because I have spoken out, other players might be inspired to speak out as well. The more players speak of the problems they encouter, the better the odds that something will change :)

Thanks for this shortcut, I hadn't thought of that, although it is still a bit of work to find and delete, instead of just copying the words that I wanted to quote.