1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Make Vell drop 10 bundles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CLANNADaniel, Sep 27, 2020.

1. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

As the title says, it is very discouraging going to the ocean in the middle of nowhere for a boss that spawns only 3 times per week and since we don't have the x10 server rates to help us I suggest that we get 10 “Vell Reward Bundle (Advanced)" per kill instead of just one. It makes no sense that all monsters monsters but Vell have x10 drop rate.
    This would encourage the players that went there so many times to get nothing and now they don't go there at all, they are tired of wasting their time, because this is what it feels like, a big waste of time, and this is not retail. We lost Ch4's Vell for Season as well.
    This would also help lowering the prices of the auctions as well, where the heart price skyrockets to around 40-60b.
    Also, Garmoth got a x10 rate buff so I don't know why Vell shouldn't receive the same treatment.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Forte likes this.
  2. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

you know i dont do vell thats why i find its a bad idea.. also it would inject a lot of silver so people would make to much progressi. oh also https://prnt.sc/uop8re

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  3. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

I wasn't discouraging your post on "What is the reason for the 400mil trade cap?", I hate all kind of caps, I was just stating facts or possibilities but if you want to behave like a kid go ahead. ._. I had to report your post for being unrelated and a "revenge" post because it makes no sense.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  4. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

This is just not a good idea. Maybe vell's drop rate should be increased a little. if compared with retail values where the playerbase is much higher, That is the reason we never have vell hearts on Mp here, but always do on retail.

Maybe a 25% increase of the base chance that already is would be nice.

Or make vell spawn 2x a week.

Noclune and loboram like this.
  5. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

You can't increase Vell's drop rate artificially with multipliers because the actual drop comes from the bundles so only if we receive more bundles we will receive better rewards, that was maybe the only way devs had to ensure we all got a drop from the monster.
    And yeah, that reason should be the main point of discussion. Why does retail have Vell hearts everywhere and a private server that should have x10 rates doesn't have any hearts at all? If you take a look at Black Desert Online's Steam charts you'll see that they even have an average of x10 more players than us and we don't know about the non-steam official launcher.
    (actual numbers= GamezBD NA :1,573 GamezBD EU: 1,582----Retail Steam September 2020: 22,953)
    And to be honest with you, I'm kind of tired myself as well with Vell, I play in NA despite being from EU (there was only a NA server back in the day) so for it spawning on Mondays at 1:30 AM really fucks up with my Monday schedule. And I may not be the only person that has this kind of timezone problem, when my body was too tired and sleepy to do it I just skipped it but now even my soul isl tired of this boss and it's drop rate, it doesn't encourage me enough to kill it. If this problem doesn't get addressed I guess the army against Vell will have less and less cannons firing at him overtime.

I was able to track one of the first Vells in the server in the Gamezbd NA Informer (data from April), the data shows that only 139 people were attacking it on those days, that is because not many had a proper ship, nowadays this number got increased to 364 (yesterday's Vell) but even if the numbers increased, more and more people consider it to be a big waste of time, from those more than 300 people only around 10 people get it from the 3 Vells. I have been in some guilds and it has gone to the point that whenever a guild wants to go there almost everyone refuses to go because they know their chances, it's just not worth the time and effort, they would rather save some money, preorder it in the market for 16,5b and wait, and I'll do the same soon too.

6. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

there is no option to server transfer?

Maybe you could ask kolka and explain the situation

7. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

Nope, it would be too much of a bother because I'm not the only one, there are hundreds if not thousands (but probably only hundreds that are online nowadays, some may have dropped the game by now), transfering all data takes time and effort and that translates to money so not gonna happen, and I honestly don't care that much cause I don't like PvP.

8. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@CLANNADaniel I like that you are suggesting something, I can see that you are very active in this section, so I want to thank you. The GamezBD community, certainly needs more players like you, coming up with different ways to tackle things.

Unfortunately, I do not like this suggestion of yours.
    Where did you hear that? When did that happen on GamezBD? As far as I know, Vell only spawns once per week, on Sundays, but that may be only on the EU-server, which wouldn't make much sense.
    I really like that you took the time to check this out, and as you yourself can see, there is no realistic way to make or force GamezBD-Central-Market to work as the Western-Retail-BDO does. Simple fact, lack of players.
    This is a really sad fact of players who are just stubborn, because as soon as the EU-server was released, I changed servers, despite all the progress I had managed to get on the NA-server, back in the day. But it is seriously not a big deal, and if you really like the game, you should take it as a challenge, to start over again, see how you can improove (how it sounds) your initial start. I know it must be messing with you, having to stay awake or wake up Just to play a computer game, not even for actual work, but a mere computer game, which is also the premise of changing servers; it is JUST a computer game. You ain't going to "loose" (how it sounds) ANYTHING at all, since everything you do in a game is just wasted time no matter how you look at it. It isn't as if you can reach in and take out a Super-Magical-Sword from your screen, so whatever you do in a game is just wasting time, since there is NO REAL reward at all, it is just about having fun and enjoying yourself, while you waste your time :)

I have a feeling that you WILL take this extremely personally, especially because I am the one writing this (hate much?), but I mean absolutely no offense to you as a person, I have not used any curse/swear words, nor have I talked down to you specifically or called you any names at all.

All I have done is give my personal opinion on a topic in the suggestions section, nothing more, nothing less.

9. Vet

Vet New Member

Vell doesn't spawn 3 times a week, they're saying you can loot Vell 3 times a week by being quick and hitting up Channel 1, 2 then 3.

10. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

Forgive me for not topic.
    Lobi, I don't agree with you.
    I wouldn't put my server choice on stubbornness. For me, the choice was dictated by the experience of other games.
    Where on the EU servers there were more players using cheats written in Cyrillic font.

I also disagree with the fact that the games are just entertainment, bringing nothing of value.
    After all, material things are nothing, and what we can feel,
    see and experience only determines us and makes us who we are.
    Games invite us to visit the imaginations of the creators, allow us to feel emotions,
    see breathtaking worlds and experience adventures available to few.
    A bit like a book. And yet we do not deny its value.
    I'm right?

Elyann likes this.
  11. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

Sorry, I don't want to start all over again, I have spent money and hundreds of days in NA already. And the fact is that there was indeed an EU server when I started but the friend that recommended me this game played in NA, she was the one who was here from the beginning (despite being from EU as well) so I sticked with it, I think she didn't know you could migrate servers, her English is not so good and she was kind of new too/didn't play as much.

I have played multiple BDO private servers and in all of them, as you can imagine, I had to start from 0, it is not fun for me anymore, it only was fun the first or second time, the rest just felt tedious.

-------------------------------------------

And going back to the topic, as @Vet said, Vell spawns once for every Ch, and since the addition of Season channel we lost Ch4's so yeah, you could say it spawns 3 times a week, because Season channel's Vell is not being killed. (Proof of October 26: https://prnt.sc/v7z3qp)
    And the thing is that, as I said, Vell doesn't drop things on kill like any other monster does, therefore, the x10 rates are not being applied so we have retail's VERY low rates for one monster that doesn't spawn as often as the others to begin with. This could be solved by giving 10 times more Vell reward bundles per kill, and that is my suggestion, to be real with the x10 rates that this server presumes to have but it's not having in this particular case, which seems weird if you ask me. I don't know why having less players have to do with Vell not having the proper rates.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    loboram, Vet and marsseven like this.
  12. loboram

@CLANNADaniel, Alright I get your position...I get the terrible feeling of having to start from scratch...I mostly get the notion of joining to play with someone. I also fully get your premise of the increased drop rates on GamezBD, and the lack of which on the "special"-world-bosses.

I think I may have misread what you wrote then, and having gotten used to players constantly complaining in the forum, I thought that was what it was...So I am sorry about that.

Yes! I do think your idea has merrit, but I am not sure if it is actually true, that the dropped-bundle doesn't contain an increased drop-rate for the items in it. If it does not, then I do agree with you, the more the better, BUT we still have to take in the long-term affect of this change, if it provides the desired outcome or if the Central Market will then be flooded with those items.

One last thing; about spawning more than once a week, I get what you meant, but as I have done Vell a few times now, I can tell you that it is very rare that you can channel hop 3 times in a row, AND get to kill Vell all three times, at most I have tried getting two channels.

What is this about? I had No idea this was a thing, is it still going on now?
    YEAH! You are indeed right about this :)
    GamezBD is a wonderful way to spend some time, away from the daily life and stress, while hanging out in a fictional world.
    However, it is still just wasting time, life is limited and once spent, time cannot be refunded :D

13. Noclune

Noclune New Member

I am very much in favor of having more Vell spawns, I work Sundays so it's impossible for me to do him at all for most of the year and it would make up the difference for the CH4 Vell to have a second Velll on CH1 like on Monday or something. Aren't all world bosses more frequent on Gamez as opposed to retail? Why not Vell too. Even instead of having all 4 runs on the sameday, stagger them out friday through Monday. You mention not as many players actually show up to Vell on Gamez as on retail due to player base, if Vell was more accessible to more schedules I'm sure that number would improve dramatically and they wouldn't even need to actually buff Vell's drops, and there's no reason we couldn't something like that too. I don't know why people don't show to world bosses on seasonal, nearly three manned Garmoth the other day, got him down to about 15% left before he timed out.
    I don't expect the game to change to suit my schedule obviously, but the once a week nonsense is the reason I have effectively given up any hope on getting a heart.

Puffery and loboram like this.
  14. Vet

Vet New Member

I can't vouch for EU, but getting 2/3 Vells isn't that hard unless you have a slow time loading in.

15. Noclune

Noclune New Member

It feels like if it wasn't as hard as it feels like it is, they wouldn't be 16bil on the MP. I had given up hope that I'd ever get one until I remembered daylight savings time is a thing, but that only means half the year I can actually have about 30 minutes to do Vell.

16. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

It does not have increased rates, I once played in a BDO private server with VERY high rates and the rates from the bundles were unchanged but since you could get around 60-100 boss scrolls easily in like an hour or less of grind from drop monsters, there was no problem and you could get a boss armor very quick. The average boss armor drop was around 40 to 80 with very bad luck, but it's RNG at the end of the day
    Check out this guy opening 41 advanced and 2 interemediate Vell reward bundles:

Not a single heart. That's months upon months of killing Vell. He even shows the market at the end displaying 11 Vell's Concentrated Magic and we currently have 0 in our market. Since they have around x10 more players and we have x10 rates we should have almost the same Vell's Concentrated Magic in the market right now but we don't. So yeah, that's another proof to add for the bundles not having increased rates.

I wouldn't mind more Vell spawns, in some countries they work from Monday to Friday so if we had, for example, 3 Vell spawns (one for every ch not including season) on Friday, Saturday and the current Sunday we could have more chances, yes, but the rate would still be the same as retail, no x10, which is still unfair. It would only mean a x3, I guess? Which is not really a multiplier because you MUST kill them anyway.

And I don't know about EU but in NA you can kill CH1, CH2 and CH3 Vell pretty easily even with the high cooldown. Maybe when you come to the third Vell it is at around 25-40% HP, but it's possible, maybe we don't have as much fire power as EU, I don't know.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  17. loboram

I love this idea...However there will always be some players who will end up complaining about the time schedule. In any case this is a solid contribution and I do hope that the developers will look into how to make this a working option for GamezBD.

I would once again also like to add my agreement to what @CLANNADaniel said, that it might make sense to check the drop rate parameters of the Vell Bundle, if not just increase the amount dropped.

18. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

agreed, i've done Vell every spawn for the past 3 months and couldn't get a heart

19. kam0teGaming

kam0teGaming New Member

My two cents about this is, if Vell spawns like Garmoth that would be superb!