1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cooking and Alchemy

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by lunarisian, Oct 6, 2020.

?

Do you invest a lot of time into cooking and alchemy? Why or why not?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lunarisian

lunarisian New Member

I'm just curious if the byproducts received from these two lifeskills are higher than retail or not and by how much. If it's not a feature, may I ask if adding it in would break/unbalance anything? Because atm I feel like cooking and alchemy are nowhere near the same level that is grinding in gamezbd as compared to retail(I know one is pretty much afk and the other is active but the point still stands. The ratios feel really off). In fact, I'd argue it feels pretty much the same with the exception of exp rates. When u add in the trade limit of 400m per day(A combination of cooking, alchemy and trading apparently), it also feels somewhat restrictive, like there's only so much you could do per day with the three. Admittedly, I'm not all that far into this server(just started recently) when compared to my retail acc, so I don't know what endgame for these lifeskills are like. I also don't have manos gear so I'm not sure if that will possibly make the proc rates and byproducts way beyond retail numbers. However, I do just wanna point out the significant difference in the earlier periods of time between cooking/alchemy(feels like retail numbers at master rank) and grinding(more than 5x retail loot easily even with half-leveled tier 3 pets). It doesn't feel 'balanced', so to speak. I'm not an expert in game development though so please don't mix up what I feel it is like vs what it is actually like. I would like some numbers for some clarification though, if at all possible.

On a plus side tho, I am LOVING this server and I appreciate all the work put into it. The higher rates on their own are more than enough tbh, I'm just being greedy and wanting more byproducts to exchange for cp and milk.

Bonus question - Is whaling and hunting boosted as well? If so, by how much?

Bonus question 2 - Why do the monday specials in the pearl shop have an extra 0 in their price tag(i.e. the monday special training containing 4 mount skill change coupons and a few other things including a mount exp scroll costs 7k but buying 10+1 mount skill change coupons costs only 2.5k)? The old moon book also costs 8k pearls...what's up with that? Feels really expensive(2-3 straight days of being online).

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am in agreement, although this particular topic has been brought up MANY many times before, and it seems that the Owner/Head-Administrator wants the GamezBD experience to be more Grinding and PvP focused. I guess it has something to do with the amount of "active" players playing the game, but it isn't doing much for the TONS of players who are merely running on auto-loop in various towns and cities, or the ones AFK-gathering with Hedgehogs.

So in all fairness, I too think it is time for more Black Desert Online content, since the GamezBD team has claimed over and over again, that GamezBD is as close to Western-Retail-BDO as possible under the circumstances, BUT they still seem to be only catering to the playing style that they like/want.

The daily Trade-limit has to end, or at the very least be increased to 1-Billion-silver per day.

AKalamidad likes this.
  3. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

i don't understand why the trading limit has to be removed.

4. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

It's simple, overproduction.
    The EU pays extra for such things "the less you do, the more you get" So it pays to NOT to do:p.

5. Leroox

Leroox Proficient

problem is removing this limit less and less people actively play the game, You will only have more afk lifeskillers doing only imperial trading and contributing nothing else to the market.
    Is totally understandable why there is a limit. to force you to actually play the game if you want to make more money, not just afk in the city doing lifeskill, the only reason you NEED the imperial trading to make money is because everyone is doing lifeskills bc of how much more profitable it is than grinding.
    Just look at retail numbers:
    Someone that does alchemy and bartering for 1 full day makes around 2bil.
    but you cannot grind for 10 hours straight as you can do with alchemy and bartering.
    So someone that only grinds make MUCH MUCH less money per day than a random fucker semi-afk.
    so there is absolutely NO REASON to remove the limit.

6. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

Yes, it is.
    You can then "do nothing" longer.
    Wait for PA to introduce auto farm.
    And we'll just watch:(.
    It is already in Black Desert Mobile, also maybe soon ...

7. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

what about workers and the emprie doing crates and so on i do buy tons of mats for my workers to make crates out of them so i do contribute my part to the market

8. lunarisian

lunarisian New Member

Well another way to look at this is more cooking/alchemy requires more materials --> leading to more gathering --> results in more active playing for lifeskillers. I totally agree with you about limiting imperial trading bcoz otherwise it would be broken as hell. However, limiting trading crates is a bit odd since it already is limited by the amount of time for workers to make them. By doing this, I feel like the developers are only really catering to active players and ostracising the huge community of lifeskillers.

I'm not saying we should make lifeskilling as profitable as grinding. Even in retail that's not true bcoz otherwise the game would've long lost most of its active players. I'm just saying, considering I could make 100 mil easily in abandoned mine by grinding for an hour; and people are making over 2 bil per hour in end game spot(); maybe lifeskilling could use a little boost? Even just giving more byproducts would make me think "Man...this server is sooooooo much more op than retail. I think I'm going stay here rather than go back to retail.". I think something else that quite a few people look over as well is that most of the people coming into the private server are bdo veterans; as in people who've played bdo at least enough to make them a little sick of the retail grind both active and afk, myself included. Starting from square one isn't great fun especially in the marathon that is bdo. It feels even worse when there's only one path to take for success(I know you can still do things other than grinding and horse training for progress but you may as well play retail since the numbers are the same and there are more events there to boost you).

I noticed that you also pointed out that someone who does semi-afk shouldn't be able to make 2 bil per day(even though active grinding nets you way more in high-end spots[low end players like myself not so much]). But what about horse training? It's more afk than cooking and alchemy. You can have 4 horses going at the same time. If they're all t8's, you can almost guarantee them to be coursers since pearls are free. That's 4 bil for 1-2 days of straight afk. What's so special about horse training for it to have these numbers? : /

At the end of the day, this is a private server, so the developers can do whatever they want and people like me can either accept them or just bugger off and 'play something else'. However, to keep the servers running, they still need a playerbase(active and afk both coz let's be honest, there's not much of a difference between the two when it comes to just counting how many players actually play your game). More players will lead to more 'donations', and right now it feels like Gamezbd is missing out on more than half of the potential playerbase.

To the developers - Giving us choice will make us curious about what else may be around the corner. Showing that you listen and take notes of the playerbase can earn quite a bit of brownie points, and in turn have a very loyal community that will support you even if you implement changes that are questionable or cause crippling issues. Example -"Don't worry, the developers will for sure fix up anything wrong in no time." vs "OMG this new patch ruined everything and I'm just gonna go back to retail coz this server just sucks now and they don't listen to anything the community has to say."

This server has great potential. It's just a shame that it pushes forward linearly.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Legendario and gamezacc like this.
  9. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

That last part was really well said. Unfortunately like most good games / servers they are doomed to have managers that don’t care about the community’s opinion and decide it’s better to do what they think Is necessary instead of finding a middle ground or atleast reasoning behind actions taken. Anyway I gave up on this forum fighting no one gives a damn at the end of the day.