1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Server changed a lot ...

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Eru1981, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Eru1981

Eru1981 New Member

I play on server 2 y ... 1y on NA and then i swaped to EU.
    RESON WHY RETAIL PLAYERS come here is THEY WANT TO HAVE FUN, not being hard working on gear and then F*cked by RNG enhancing system on retail. Iam afraid this was much better 1y ago as it is now.

I remember how FUN and ho refreshing and how MUCH BETTER was my gaming experience when i left RETAIL and started here...

I came to GAMEZBD from retail... and i was so HAPPY because it feeled SO MUCH MORE FUN :
    (retail is punishing and hard and slow .... this server was SO MUCH FASTER, so much MORE FUN.)

1. Economy was very strong ... evrybody has a lot silver (WAS FUN GRIND, WAS FUN TO SELL, WAS PURE JOOY)
    ... ALL i farmed i sold 90% easy and for good price...

2. Prices for were 2-3x higher as now ... but as a NEW player i was able to farm 300-400m per h like nothing (AS A NEW PLAYER under 200AP )
    3. gathering was so nice because shards were selling for max and they were sold FAST same as caphras.

LOW locations (and lower accesories ) were nice profit to farm ... 10m Witch earing 40-50m per Crescent ...

and WHY i write this ? i have a lot of frends ... i try to ask them come here and play ...
    but i have to admit ...1 y ago has new players starting here more FUN...

i still can FARM huge money in Sycraia .... so for me doesnt chaneg alot in year ..and i couldnt care less... BUT :::
    iam afraid for server future if there is not so much FUN for new player to start here ( as we had before )....

When i look at market is obvious what are biggest problems ...

High % of veteran player and low % of new players resulting in situation where only BEST in SLOT GEAR has Value ..
    Even BEST IN SLOT gear is very low PRICE because players simply dont have money / easy ways to farm them.

So OFFER is HIgher as DEmand ... resulting into extremly pushed LOW prices .

SOLUTION:
    make server more attractive for new players ... and put somehow more silver into economy ...

simpliest solution could be LET Golden event RUN for Few weeks and lets see if econoomy start to be live again...

my opinion is current economy /market situation is very bad .... and if u compare it to 1y ago its huge difference

EDIT:
    if somebody dotnt believe to this TOPIC ... go make new char and go farm Mediah /Valencia spots ...
    Scrolls are 350-450k silver .... accesories are worth under 10 mil or u cant even sell them.
    So this result in situation that u basicly getting money mostly from trash and +11-+15rare drops ... which are very low on prices and sell very slow or dont sell at all.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    ludiq likes this.
  2. brianabcd2

brianabcd2 New Member

I started playing 2 months ago and the market price at that time is pretty high and now is pretty low.

But looking at the price of the market, the change in price for many items are pretty close.
    For example in EU, scrolls of ancient is now 500-600k, and around 1m in August.
    Pen Dim tree is now 1.7b and around 2.5-3b in August.
    So although the income per hour decreases, the price for items also decreases. Meaning the time needed to acquire the same item than before is similar.

I think what is causing today's situation is the removal of selling caphras to NPC.
    There are around 2000 player in EU, if only half of them are exchanging the free caphras using pearls and sell it to npc, it is 300M*1000 = 300B of silver everyday into the market.

3. Eru1981

Eru1981 New Member

yes u get less u cant pay so much ...
    so basicly lower silver per hour results in lower prices ...

where it problem then ?

3 main problems...
    1. to buy items ( example pen dande) is NOW only effective way .... to make them is 2-3-4x more expensive
    if u buy all from market = less fun .... we all used to enhance a lot here on server.

2. server loosing FUN-server identity ... and and feeling is more like faster retail.
    Feeling playing here 1y ago and now is very different for new player... (not even mentioning BS weapon wwhich feels exactlly as enhancing Dande on retail )

3. Veterans have easier life ( they can farm simillar silver per h as 1y ago) .... and new players need to work much harder and dont have so much fun- feel that this server is like little faster retail.

IAM NOT SAYING SERVER IS HARD OS SLOW NOW ....

but everybody who played 1-2y ago will say same as iam saying that this server was 10x more fun then is now.
    Market and economy is very very dead now.
    Many items dont sell , people dont have money ... Markets is slow ... items dont sell or sell for very low prices.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  4. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

"IAM NOT SAYING SERVER IS HARD OS SLOW NOW ...."
    You can't be saying that and then contradicting youself two lines later.

The market is shifting with every updates yes, some things aren't even worth selling and other are harder to sell it's true that it can be difficult to keep up with the changes or just annoying.
    The main argument i see you bring up is "fun" wich isn't even a valid argument but let me explain why you're having less fun than you used to.
    Switching from retail to gamez everything felt easier and over time most people forgot how easy it is to make progress compared to retail.
    Yes things have been getting worse here and there but still you can easily adapt if you wish to things like the patch for caphras were a good thing since i don't think having an economy based on being idle is gonna bring anything good.
    What i'm trying to say is that the only issues here is not the market but rather you growing more and more and slowing down as you get closer to some caps making you think that the server is closer to retail.
    There is still plenty of ways to get money but to give you an exemple if the market dictate that i can't sell some meals well i'm not gonna try to push any further and rather find other solutions even if that's less fun cause that's what i was used to do.
    no one like changes :(

loboram and marsseven like this.
  5. Eru1981

Eru1981 New Member

u didnt read my post obviosly ....
    1. how am i contradicting myself ? Server is stil not hard or slow compared to Retail. However compared to what it was ... is rly bad. Learn to read.
    2. iam full pen BIS gear like for half a year
    3. my point was im worried about NEW player ( agains who willl u play when server will lose slowly population )

6. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

Bingo. This slogan should be posted on each parliament building. Cautionary.

loboram likes this.
  7. Eru1981

Eru1981 New Member

is not about like or not like...
    is about good or not good for server population...
    and dead market is bad for server populatiion.

8. marsseven

marsseven Proficient

Your problem is you are getting old;).
    And what you enjoyed a year ago is now unsatisfying.

You say it was easier for new players a year ago?
    I don't think most of them ran on green items upgraded to ultimate.
    Boss gear preorders took months to complete.
    Shard and hard came out of the jewelry so they were rare,
    and a pack of memory frag, if you were lucky, would buy around a week.

Then a new supermarket entered. And the server caught a new breath.
    Thinking players switched to boss gear, the more resourceful and active jumped on PEN.
    Unfortunately, it was then that the social program "Caphras for free" was created.
    And it turned out that some people do not have to do anything to splash in the silver.
    And you can't undo it without replacing the player population.
    Because the current players, like most beneficiaries of this type, will not forgive killing that golden hen.
    Now we are after another economic change that came with O`dyllita.
    Less chance to upgrade BS, chance of drop mass pure magic also kind of smaller. Caphras in seller for only 10,000.
    Oasis gear and meal, one silver each. And suddenly it turns out that you have to look for alternatives to keep your income.
    You have to see what is selling and how to get it or make it.
    Maybe it is worth turning off the drop filter, recovering the source of mats that have not been seen for a long time.
    And smelt them down again to create profitable items.

One thing is certain, it stands around the Market Seller and only smells good, it does not pay off anymore.

loboram likes this.
  9. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

first this is no solution devs need to spend time to understand the economy so there is no simple solution to this. It needs from devs to work on it.

yeah its. One of the reason why this happened is exchanging caphras with pearls before this patch we could make 300mil per day by just afking and now they changed it so caphras takes a lot more time to sell i was actually going to open a thread and decrase the caphras price to 300mil each. SO another reason is ppl dont wait items to sell just cuz its private server and they dont much care about the few millions or even billions. I think best think devs could have done not make caphras exc with pearls sicne its jsut afking and make the drops more so ppl could actually add caphras to their money income by grinding and gathering. Second is limiting the min prices but they had to do this very long time ago. Retail has a different way of calculating min prices since pens are not gonna get cheaper they basicly dont care imo, PA actually increased pen accessory prices recently. Gamez devs should have set the min price for items a bit higher than it is and not even pens even on any item. SO item prices will not make a difference. now i dont see way out of this whats done is already done this need a big investigation like i said and getting solution is not our job as a community. We only can tell the problems and ask for a solution.

Another thing to add retail ppl grinding for trash loot not for rare drops we do grind for rare drops (basic way to realize this ppl grinding ash forest to make money). So devs could have increase the trash loot prices or multiple the trash drops per mobs. So we could get decent money every hour and + rare drops. This is one of the rreasons why our economy is bad. Everyone grinds for rare drops this shouldnt be happenning in a game like BDO. I even suggested decrease the base chances make it like 8x instead 10x and maybe multiply extra drop rates from arsha, loot scroll etc. (this will make getting extra drop rates more worth and even make siege more alive) and a bit buff to junk/trash loots per hour. So even ppl with no rng in their side could make at least some money to make them happy.

some ppl still do gathering and other lifeskills to get money but not from sharps mostly. so making caphras this easy is another reason why lifeskill is no good imo

acutally no game became more easy jsut cuz grinding underwater for example gets u 120mil per our min jsut from trash so back then u had to grind 100 hours with no rare drops for example to get a pen crescent but now u need 50 hours with no rare drops. and rare drops prices half down as pen so its still same if you look at the rare drops. Basicly my point is just cuz trash loot price and per hour money from it still same its a bit easier.

THE GAME ABSOLUTELY IS EASIER THAN A YEAR AGO JSUT LIKE RETAIL. The other problem in game rn is tuvala gear is same difficulty as normal gear. This makes no sense tbh yes we have 10x drops (5x for time filled stone i think) but tuvala is being not easier than a normal gear is just not good imo i mean i dont ask it to be easy but you can make failstack out of really easy.

Another problem with the gamez is PvP is so unbalanced its no fun and enjoyable. We get new content and balance patch every 5-6 months but retail gets it every 2 weeks i think. This is a huge problem for a private server cuz ppl mostly come to get easy gear and pvp and seeing this much unbalanced pvp is takes all the joy out of it

loboram and hotdaawwwg like this.
  10. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

"However compared to what it was ... is rly bad. Learn to read."
    -So you're saying the server has slowed down and things are harder now
    "Many items dont sell , people dont have money ... Markets is slow ... items dont sell or sell for very low prices."
    -that just translate to "its hard"
    "feel that this server is like little faster retail" THIS IMPLY that retail and gamez aren't that diferent in terms of speed
    " Server is stil not hard or slow compared to Retail" this say otherwise
    -so thats also contradicting

"my point was im worried about NEW player ( agains who willl u play when server will lose slowly population )"
    "is not about like or not like...
    is about good or not good for server population...
    and dead market is bad for server populatiion."
    -Those are good argument but it would be better to have a constructive argument other than "its not FUN" where after you can provide a solution so people could argue on wether or not it make sense

Now concerning the market yes some thing are bad like the event with the oasis meal killing a whole market for people that cook but from what i've seen people don't care about most of that stuff as long as it doesnt impact them directly most will say that you should adapt wich is what everyone does despite what kind of state the game can be.
    as for my opinion on why things can be harder it would be the changes that made it easy for new player to get TRI boss armor or just the Tuvala gear thats realy easy to enhance if you grind a bit and do it in a smart way.
    I think people have less incentive to sell or buy some gear or when it comes to idle ways to make silver we could all say what we think but without any data showing wether or not removing those way for people to make silver without any kind of work is a good thing or a bad thing and for a new player they would have an easyer time than i did a year or two ago.

11. miapisthug

miapisthug New Member

thats were you're worng, the main purpose of a game is to be fun, no matter how, a game should be fun.
    Now what you can say is that fun is relative, one think fast and easy is fun and the other like hard and challenging.
    for instance i mostly play bdo for roleplaying,causa thats fun for me, yet im not making a post about "the game should give money for spending 10 hours on char creation"

loboram and hotdaawwwg like this.
  12. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

true i agree despite that ur not making the mistake of confusing "fun" with "how thing should generate money"
    It would be hilarious to be able to sell things instantly at a insane price but "fun" isn't a valid argument for saying that something isn't being handled well when it comes to balancing or how the market works

loboram and marsseven like this.
  13. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I really wanted more players to read and comment on my Resetting Central Market...Thread, since it is exactly about this very problem: The Central Market. So please, if you have the extra time and a bit of effort: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/reseting-central-market-new-economic-rules.233214/

I like that you added a possible solution, the Golden Event would be a short term solution, but in the end it would add WAY too much Silver in-game. If too many players had a lot of Silver, then ALL items on the Market wouldn't be sold, it would only be the ones that are "the most used" items as usual. Also it wouldn't ensure that items Will be sold at a higher price.

It is difficult to say what is "good or not good for the server population", because every player plays differently, but yes: "dead market is bad for server population".

"...change in price for many items are pretty close..." I am not quite sure which items you are referring to, is it the difference in price between Retail-EU-BDO and GamezBD?

Not entirely sure where you got those numbers from, especially since it is one of the worse ways to make Silver (http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threa...stions-for-a-better-game.234815/#post-2200112), that HALF of the population on GamezBD are using this method. The link I provided can give you some insights into how to make more Silver, without having to "waste your Pearls". The part with the numbers, well the second numbers part right after the begining.

I absolutely agree with you there, the Minimum Prices ARE the major problem: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/reseting-central-market-new-economic-rules.233214/
    It should have been dealt with a Long time ago, but there were many other more important issues that the development team had to solve first, also their work on the new updates was important, so in all fairness it wasn't the worse problem at the time.
    Now however it is one of the biggest problems, because BDO is based on making Silver in LOTS of different ways, and to take away the Player-to-Player trading option, or severely limiting it, is certainly not a thing that is going to promote GamezBD as a great server.

"...getting solution is not our job as a community. We only can tell the problems and ask for a solution." This however, I am in completely opposition. I know that most if not almost all players have a very limited understanding of the inner-workings of a game, but it is certainly up to a community of players playing the game itself, to figure out a way to realistically make changes for the better. The best way is then for the community to keep pitching ideas, eventhough most of them won't work or can't be done, but once in awhile one idea just takes the first prize (too bad the player isn't awarded something for their efforts), and then the development team can take action, or at least try to see if it is a doable solution :)