1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New and Extended DP brackets.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by kdrdmrpnc, Sep 2, 2020.

?

Would you like to see new DP brackets in the near-near future?

1. Yes, of course!

2. No, I don't like them! (please explain your concerns)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kdrdmrpnc

kdrdmrpnc New Member

Are they on the horizon? Or are we going to wait for the next big content patch?

Roughly a week ago retail bdo got new DP brackets that extended the current ones that end at 346 DP all to way up to 401 DP. And I think that this improvement would serve a much better and needed purpose here on GamezBD than it currently does for retail. As far as my logic goes, it should be extremely easy to implement that aswell. Let me talk about this more and elaborate my points.

First of all, for PVE, mobs here do more damage and there is no aggro limit. These two reasons alone make DP way more precious than it is on retail where mobs do not hit as hard and one can't pull so many mobs at oneself. While DP is easy to achieve in GamezBD by means of cheap caphras, currently you cant get the feeling of that DP increase and tankiness as one goes from 346 to 401 as compared to the road from 301 to 346.

Secondly, for PVP, it can create a better environment for 1v1s and group pvp as it would somewhat reduce getting oneshotted by someone who has insane AP and allow naturally tanky classes (Warrior, Valkyrie, Berserker etc.) with high DP scores to feel that tankiness that they should have.

Lastly as for the "easy to implement" comment, DP brackets already exist and extending it would require a few more lines of the same/similar codes and can be done in next to no time.

I really think that these changes would effect every player positively and would improve the quality of life for all of us, both PVP'ers and PVE'ers.
    Thank you.

2. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

First: Mobs don't do more damage here. They have the same AP and DP as retail. They potentially have slightly more to a bit more health, depending on where you grind. I tested the damage I do and take from them here and on global lab at endgame spots. It's the same. The reason you take more damage is the amount of mobs you can pull means potentially more hits going through your evasion and shredding you. It's why you have instances where you take 0 damage at Ash Forest, and some instances where you just get oneshot.

Second: DR bonus cap will increase to 30% in the next patch. Iirc, you need 401 dp to achieve it. I don't think it'll improve the quality of life here, though. People hate the damage reduction changes in rbf on retail. There are already tons of evasion memes on this server that can one combo you in 2-3 hits, while you can't kill them in an entire combo. We don't need people to become tankier and tankier. The game works fine when people die in a full combo, not when they can survive the entire thing and/or twoshot you.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  3. kdrdmrpnc

kdrdmrpnc New Member

I really think it would improve the way people grind in high end zones. I have 370 DP and when I went to the new 270 zone for Fallen Lord piece I struggeled a lot at night time. If I had more damage reduction rate then it may have been easier to grind there.

I, by no means, support evasion memes running around in an unkillable fashion while being able to kill other people, However, I believe that having more DP than 346 should continue to reward us like it does when compared to lower DP brackets.

4. kdrdmrpnc

kdrdmrpnc New Member

And with the introducion of accessories like Turo's Belt and Dawn Earring, we have more ways to counter people with insane evasion scores without losing much in terms of AP. Introduction of new DP brackets would help them aswell, yes, but everybody will benefit from it and while those people won't be able to kill you in 2-3 moves with their low AP as a result of sacrificing it for DP accesories, you can defend yourself with your high accrucy, DP and AP.

5. truebark

truebark New Member

Ok, so while Odyllita is in a tougher spot for us currently, it will change drastically when the new update comes out for GamezBD (~4-6months I would assume).
    Sure we don't have the new fancy brackets yet but even when we got the 30% damage reduction rate, evasion will remain supreme. Many call it a "bandaid fix" on retail because it is pretty much is exactly that. It's a game of rock paper scissors, the enemy has more evasion? Equip Accuracy. Does the enemy have more DP? Equip AP. Enemy one-shots you? Equip more DP/Evasion.
    So you will not get around having multiple accessories or offhands when you really want to be in a good position against every enemy you encounter. But that is the very appeal of the game.

As for the comment of "a few lines of code", well you are kinda right but think about all the work you have to do till you actually get to the core of the problem, change all the values, increase the brackets to whatever you desire, pack the .EXE get it handed to the torrents and let the game be updated to get those fancy new changes and then you are screwed and I tell you why. Black Desert Retail has so many wonky mechanics slapped on top of mechanics on top of mechanics. First, it wasn't even known that armor pieces had hidden stats, BLOO uncovered that, piece by piece by piece. Till retail gave out the real values for it. Then the most recent one is that every class has a multiplier in damage taken and damage done to EVERY other class. This was not even spoken about in all of the game's history till the Heidel Ball At Home. That means if you just slightly change a value about a bracket you have an impact that would be possibly game-breaking or meta redefining without other balance changes. Rendering X class useless or absolute fucking nutz in PvP/E.

So all this should be taken with a grain of salt obviously but just assuming it's a quick fix, eh I don't think so. GamezBD has people who port the versions over, making them their own, changing stuff up. But they do not have a balancing team, they are simply too small for that. So it's a much safer bet to wait till the retail balancing team comes up with good changes and then applying them in the next update. Otherwise, one could just start your own version of BDO entirely.

And as for Mobs dealing more damage/ being tankier. Well, The mob limit is unlimited, sure. But the thing is as a Succ Valk with 275K people are able to two/three skill an entire pack of Stars End mobs on retail. While I am sitting here with 301K and need more skills than that to even kill them. What I would really love to have are the multipliers or % changes GameZBD did to the high-end grind spots. Because we as a community could really profit off that. Maybe a Forum Admin could give us some info about that (if they even have that insight).

kdrdmrpnc likes this.
  6. kdrdmrpnc

kdrdmrpnc New Member

Yeah I completely understand that it is, although I think easy, still work that needs to be done but considering all the things they have accomplished until this point, I think that the dev team is more than capable of doing crazy things with the coding.

And for the first part, having more ap in the case of opponent being tanky or having extra accrucy or us having more dp if the opponent is highly geared in terms of ap, all these can be achieved in GamezBD but they take so much time to have different kits, different sets of accessories and sub weapons and I find this tidious to say the least.

They implemented Altar of Blood in the last small content update, which is a huge one and I am grateful for that. And this kind of shows that they can also add these brackets in a similar fashion.

7. Visoral

Visoral Getting there

There's no reason to refuse the new bracket imo but I'm sure this never happens.
    because it's their way to do things.
    We need to wait till the next patch.
    The Blood of Alter was one of the missing content, it's not new content.

kdrdmrpnc likes this.