1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved Launcher bug

Discussion in 'Problems' started by kikodz, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikodz

kikodz New Member

Hi.
    I have download the game files via torrent and put the launcher in the folder , after i launched it it started to update and when it reached about 25% it stopped moving (my net is working fine btw),after i forced shut it and started it i was playing some video games while it started to update after a while i checked it and the news photos became black and the progress bar is at 100% but i cant press anything , it got stuck like that whenever i start it .
    here is a picture :

edit: i have replaced the launcher and it started updating but its stuck at about 70 % (the percantage is 000% am assumingit with the yellow line), its been like that for 10 minutes or so .

Attached Files:

• fff.PNG
      fff.PNG
      File size:
      636.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

Maybe the downloaded client is corrupted or lacks some files since your forced shut it at 25%?

3. kikodz

kikodz New Member

I have fully downloaded the game with torrent ,the launcher was updating it , files cant get corrupted when they're not even in the pc yet , right ?

4. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

They get corrupted while downloading.
    Also, dont use torrent.
    Use this direkt link:
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/download-mirrors-client-v2886-community-provided.210022/

And remove old files in install dir (all) and start launcher file from outside install dir so it coppys itself into it after you shown it the path.

5. kikodz

kikodz New Member

Am not sure i want to download the whole game a second time... and why shouldnt i use torrent ? also do we need to redownlaod the game every time a major update is released ?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  6. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

Cause if you gote a corrupt file, you have to download it again anyways and torrent often giving you max speed, whilst the direct downloads through google and mega give you max. Also, you can use the downloads i postet as backup once you downloaded them and dont have to make zips etc yourself.
    And about the redownload question: no, it was only needed for last major update cause file struckture changed, files were renamed etc. So if we didnt want to end up with over 30gb of trash files maxing our bdo install around 78 gb, we had to redownload it deleting old installation first.

7. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Usually we pre-download the base game files again just to get it as clean as possible, but you may update your game through launcher and download the update standalone.
    Right now you don't need to do it. If you believe your game files are corrupted, just recheck your torrent file. Check if you added exceptions for your GameZBD on both Firewall and Windows Defender. If you have any Antivirus, add exception to it too, but I would highly recommend to shut it down due to compatibility issues.
    (Also, Windows Defender does a good job nowadays.)
    @kikodz just let me know if you still need help or have been able to launch the game.

8. kikodz

kikodz New Member

After i whitelisted the folders , the launcher checked the files and now its ready to play , thanks for the help

Ethereal likes this.
  9. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Glad to help. I'm giving your problem as solved. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.