1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The server joke known as Vell

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daddyloverboi, Nov 22, 2020.

?

How do you think this issue could be adressed?

1. Another method of obtaining Vell's heart.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Make Vell drop x10 bundles per kill (as we have a x10 server)

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. Leave it the way it is.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Limit the marketplace price on Vell's heart to a reasonable ammount.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Another (explain in your reply)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

Greetings, since the new update is around the corner 1-2 months away I thought I'd RE-Suggest what has been requested from players hoping the the server devs will finally acknlowledge this issue and do something about it.

I have been doing Vell with my guild weekly for 5 months now, every Sunday, didn't miss a single one. Best thing I've ever gotten is a Rainbow Ring. Yeah, you waste 1h for a Rainbow Coral Ring. Multiply that by the number of times I've done it that's 20 hours wasted on this joke. Hell even potion pieces drop faster.
    I don't understand why is this item in this current state:

- Overpriced as hell: It costs more than a PEN accessory (except deboreka) due to demand as we don't have a lot of players to drop it consitently
    - Only obtainable once a week
    - Drops a single bundle (ON A X10 SERVER)
    - The profit RNG brings to a player with a drop: A Vell holder dropping it will get easily 32k caphra or be able to afford ANY PEN accessory ( except Deboreka ) on the marketplace. The ammount of profit this RNG drop gets is skyrocketing and ridiculous, nevertheless it barely sells with 68 transactions in total on NA servers. Extremely low.
    -RNG: We can all agree at this point in time that Vell is just a waste of time for the most part unless you're extremely lucky for what it must be a 0.% chance of dropping. If GameZBD devs have not changed the BDO Vell bundle drop then you're to get one every 100-150 bundles opened. That's 10 months+ of doing Vell every weekend. Just for an Alchemy Stone... Not PEN accessory, NOT Fallen Lord, a fucking piece of Alchemy Stone used to break some AP brackets.

This is just ridiculous. I know you guys don't want to modify anything and keep it as original as possible but you've got to be honest with yourselves and admit this is not comparable, we don't have the number of players to reflect and actual balance the drop rate with the marketplice and the actual value of the item. If anything this activity discourages players to keep doing it. Some would rather gather 16.5B and leave a preorder for X months hoping someone that already has it wants a quick buck and goes around Vell every sunday and from what i've heard it's not exciting to get it for the first time, it does not feel like an accomplishment but rather as a 'get out of jail' card. I can't even imagine what's it like to drop it for a person who's already got it. I must grind 35 hours for 16.5b silver while someone can just go there and randomly make that profit.

loboram, Morthar and CLANNADaniel like this.
  2. Morthar

Morthar New Member

Extremely relatable. Although the server itself has a lot of great features that make the game really enjoyable, there are others that bring us the despair of feeling like we're back to retail. The DEVs should take a look onto the forums and answer topics like this one more. We get absolutely 0 feedback, and after all, even we liking this place A LOT, we are investing indeed a lot of time and money for too little communication or whatever.

loboram and Daddyloverboi like this.
  3. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

you need to know that we don't have better rates in box drop like vell bundle :) so the getting the vell is the same as retail server

4. Daddyloverboi

Precisely, but we don't have the retail playerbase to reflect on the huge CM demand and price.

loboram likes this.
  5. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

I think it should remain the way it is. Vell's heart is meant to be an extraordinarily rare item, and it's not required at all here. For most of the playerbase here, it would be the final item to chase if they don't get extremely lucky and get it to drop early. I'm 1 ap away from being completely maxed out, and 9 dp from max potential dp not. This doesn't include vell enhancement options. Having hit this point, I can confidently say that vell's heart isn't a required gear item, and it's just icing on the cake.

Puffery likes this.
  6. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

This is my current gear: https://imgur.com/a/ef8utPM
    As you may think, I don't need Vell, I don't even need Deboreka because I reached the +200 AP bracket already, the last bracket. However, in this global lab update, dated 6th August: https://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/global-lab-updates-6th-august-2020/
    they added new AP brackets, from 316 to 340.
    So tell me, do you still think it's just icing on the cake? Because I don't think so.
    We are just asking for the drops to be fair. The server presumes to have x10 rates in every monster but this one, which it's not normal, if I wanted wanted unfairly and frustratingly low rates I would be playing retail. With this insane rates it discourages people to go there in the long run.

I was in a big guild some weeks ago, I was there for months and from the 80-97 people they had, only 2 went to Vell (and around 20-30 people went to Khan). Hell, read the original poster, he spent 5 months going there, every single Sunday and got nothing.

If it's so rare that you can't even get it, it loses value altogether anyway because, once again, you can't get it, so you just gather 16.5b, which is way faster and less of a bother to farm, put the preorder and wait... FUN!! Or at least, it's more enjoyable than going to Vell only to return emptyhanded, time after time after time after time...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    loboram and McConnel like this.
  7. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Absolutely. You get 2-3 ap per bracket with a cap of 10 extra ap total once you hit 340. That's nothing when everybody already dies in 2-3 skills. The meta is in eva/acc offhands now, too, so good luck trying to hit any of those brackets with it until they give us new ap accessories in 2 years time. And if you're really hurting for the 3 ap from vell, get your tungrads and debo first.

As for rarity, yeah, that's what makes the item worth 16.5b. I'm sure it would be more if the CM cap wasn't at 16b. The content is worth doing because it's an extra 3 ap for your brackets or for an easy 16b if it drops. If it doesn't drop for 5 months, then oh well. You should have saved up more than 16b by that point and just bought one. I know you don't agree, but even gamez needs some carrot on a stick for you to chase. If absolutely everything was readily available and easy to get, the server would be dead in a few months. It's already on life support. Making things even easier isn't going to bring more people back.

8. Daddyloverboi

I find that hard to believe Vell has been made the way it is due to the lack of players GameZ has in comparrison to retail since according to Kolka the Vell drop is identical to retail. He also said that in the next patch he will spawn twice a week and will share HP with all servers so instead of us getting 3 bundles a week, we spend more time and will only get two.

Now back to your comment: Vell is not an End Game item piece, it's stats are merely ok in comparrison to Shining Alchemy stone (10b). Vell is only used to break certain AP brackets when you don't have the gear to do so, otherwise the other two alchemy stones are far far better. Question is, why is Vell more expensive than a stone that's better than it? Lack of playerbase and mediocre drops.
    That's what this post is about, the whole point of this is to make the drops fair according to the marketplace stone value.

loboram and McConnel like this.
  9. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Vell drops are the way it is because the devs can't alter box drop rates or drop tables. It was the same thing for soiled accessories. He didn't say that our vell would share hp, only that retail's does. We'll get two separate spawns per week.

Oh, ok. If it's not an endgame piece, then all the more reason it's not necessary and doesn't need a boost. C: Btw, Shining Alchemy Stone is 32b, not 10b. You're thinking of splendid, which is the level below shining. I have no doubt that shining alchemy stones would be more than 32b, too, if cm let it. You have things backwards, though. If Vell's heart dropped more frequently, it would go down in price, which doesn't fairly balance anything. It's desired because it's a rare drop. Another interesting fact to you - Vell's heart is cheaper on retail. The disparity is because of supply. We have less players overall, so less vell's heart going around. Even then, it's still fine. It doesn't need a boost. If it gets a boost, the value will drop significantly. And the last thing this server needs is more item price drops.

10. Daddyloverboi

Kolka did say on Telegram that Vell will share server HP.
    The drop can be ajusted if not worked arround.
    Yeah i was talking about Splendid, my bad.

How would you feel if a fresh player goes there with their PvE guild and drops it? You'd work a month or two getting full PEN and this guy does it in 20m.
    A Vell drop will GUARANTEE you any accessory you can desire except for Deboreka.

Think about that for a second, a not so necessary, non-end game item can get you some of the strongest accessory peices in the game with a bit of luck.
    How's that balanced? Of course the CM price needs to be ajusted, It's ridiculous right now. I've had a preorder on Vell for 4 months and been hunting it for 5, still don't have a Vell nor see any guildmates drop it. And no, it's not fine the way it is. It's horrible in terms of item balancing in comparrison with the playerbase.

11. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Well, I wouldn't know any more because of a dumb joke I made that Kolka didn't like.

Good for the little guy. I have the same opportunity he does, and in fact, I have a better chance since my guild would be better armed when it comes to ships. If I don't get it and he does... well, oh well. It sucks, but I learned not to pay attention to how fast other people get things. All it does is make you bitter. You know how long it took me to get a flame drop for my fallen lord armor? It took me 17 hours of grinding Tonkta to get it to drop. I had 81 embers at that point. Now you can buy it easily for 200m or less. People got it within 5-30 minutes of grinding there. How about the guy who blew 300b to get Obliterating Fallen Lord when it's now 72b?

All that means to me is they need to make other spots more lucrative. Not make vell's heart worth less by making it drop more. Maybe then you could just buy yours through the auction house and bypass rng completely.

12. Daddyloverboi

So you're telling me that it took you 17 hours to drop a flame? I can video a proof to you how you can consistently get 20 embers per hour. Are you sure you're not talking about retail. Even with the worst RNG possible, you should not spend more than 5 hours there. You were either undergeared or did not know how to grind the spot proprely. Neverhteless it does not count for Velll. An those reasons you gave is not an excuse for the current state of the item on the server but rather personal.

13. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

I got it within the first 4 days of it being out. I was the first one to rush to grind there. I'm sure you might have some tricks now or a better spot, but nobody I grinded with there knew how to grind there nor knew any tricks from labs nor did I. It wasn't out on retail, so no resources to make it easier either. I was 312 ap with kutum at the time, so definitely not undergeared. But yes, go ahead. Voice all your criticisms.

And your unhappiness with not getting vell isn't an excuse for them to increase the drop rate and kill the value of the item. There are many problems with the server, but vell drop rate isn't very high on that list. If we're going to the shared HP system next patch, that's definitely going to be a huge issue for boss drops. NWs and siege are dead RN, and that's a bigger issue. Class balance is a huge issue. Whacky damage compared to retail is an issue. Latency and desync problems are a bigger issue. Non-NA players being the majority of players on an NA server is a problem. I could go on about many things that need addressing before vell drop rate.

14. Daddyloverboi

Alright,

First of all, why are we even comparing your lack of experience and unlucky partners with the RNG from Vell? They're two separate things and most important, Tonkta has a failsafe system with embers, VEll DOES NOT.
    Second, I've given all the reasons why Vell drop should be ajusted in the post thread, which is the lack of players, the ammount of times we can do it a week, the bundle drop and the high demand affecting marketplace price. it has nothing to do with my unhappiness apart from the bad RNG i've had. And even if I did drop it, I would've still made this post and discuss it.
    Sure there are other problems related to the server that need more attention that this but please do stick on the thread subject, don't off-topic.

15. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

My entire point was that comparing your luck to other people is pointless, and that you're just being a sore loser at this point, but since you want to keep going with this, I guess I'll explain further. You wanted to poke holes in my claims with this "confirmed 20 embers per hour" schlock, I told you that I went to the spot before anybody knew how to grind there properly. Your 20 embers per hour is something people learned over time, and wouldn't ever apply to global lab, or god forbid, KR server. So of course I wouldn't know anything about it when I was the first person to go there.

Right now, we can do Vell more than retail. Drops don't need adjustment because then it wouldn't be a rare item any more if you did. You don't need the item to compete with end game players, which means it isn't necessary. Stop being entitled. If you can't get it to drop or get your order to go through on CM, then earn the silver to bypass the rng and buy it off AH.

16. Daddyloverboi

i'm not going to repeat myself, if you want an answer, read my previous replies on this topic. Not only you're stubbord but you're also blind.

Firstly I have pointed at facts, not at myeslf, not sure where this 'entitled' is coming from. Right now we sure get 1 extra Vell bundle compared to retail, but we also have x10 less the ammounts of players, and way more the ammount of players that participate. This 'rare item' fantasy of yours is only a lack of player drop. You need to be honest with yourself and admit it. As for what I do with my silver that's no concern of anyone. As far as you're concerned I might already have a Vell by now and I'm adressing the issue that still persists.

Also for your 'I was one of the first people to do it' excuse: The embers come from boss drops. unless you were camping one group of enemies and did not have a proper rotation, which even Gahaz farmers do, there's no way you would not be spawning at least 17-20 bosses per hour, that's according to your GS. Even solo you can spawn half that, still wouldn't result in 17 hours. That's just you being a little brat at this point. Either you did not have the gearscore, did not have at least a mediocre rotation, did not do boss spawns or simply lying about the time it tooki to add flavour to your comment.

17. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

The “rare item" is indeed a fantasy, even on retail, the item is not all that rare, why should it be here? There are plenty in retail's market almost at all times, and because, as @Daddyloverboi said and I did say in my “Make Vell drop 10 bundles" post, we have x10 less players, that means less stock, and this server of the game supposedly has x10 rates in all monsters. Why not this one as well?
    Should they nerf Ash Forest drop rate? Star's End as well? Why don't they nerf Turos and every new zone they release from now on? That would give extra lifetime to the server, right? But that would mean being fake about the x10 rates multiplier. Don't we all play here because we hated retail's low rates? This argument is ridiculous.
    Maybe you are complaining here because you spent a ton of hundreds of billions of silver in the auction house, maybe even when Vell was not available to spawn, before Ocean update, and you would be really mad if suddenly it gets easier, making all your efforts kind of meaningless. Welp.

It's a fact, GamezBD will never have as much players and as much revenue as retail. Some people tend to not trust private servers and retail has faster updates and more events.

Check this out, in this video at the minute 4:18 they show the marketplace, displaying 11 Vell Concentrated Magic at 10b.
    This game should never be a worse version of retail that lacks market stock, and with this retail-like drop rates, it sure is.
    They already nerfed Blackstar enhancement rates just to serve that chasing carrot purpose. Vell should not be a part of this, and with more reason now, having the ch 4 deleted.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    loboram, McConnel and Morthar like this.
  18. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

It is what Xenon is saying, they cant really change the loot tables of the ingame boxes and thats why it is as hard to obtain as on retail.
    However if you think they lower the rates on purpose you are wrong, just look at Khan and Garmoth heart drop rates and you will see they are much higher rates than that of retail.
    There really isnt much to do, unless they could double the box drop from vell or make him appear more often.

19. Daddyloverboi

You answered your question and contradicted yourself in three sentences:
    - If Xenon is right and they cannot change the loot tables, why is Garmoth drop and Khan's increased?

20. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

They dont want to change the loot tables itself, they are just applying the modifier x10 on the server.
    My guess is, changing any drop rates could potentially break the server or created bugs never seen before. Changing such fragile part of the server could result in someone finding a way to get for example 1000 vells loot boxes which could permanently destroy the server economy. It is many times easier to just not change the code inside the server and just apply multiplier on it, since it wont break it in any way.
    This way of managing things made this server stable and playable for years, and i hope they wont change their management.

What they could do is to give us vell more often, like twice a week and i will be content.
    Btw you could obtain vells heart through the auction system on npc in velia, it will cost you alot but its still another way to get the thing.

loboram and Puffery like this.