1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBD - Population low?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Hampari, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hampari

Hampari New Member

It feels as though the server population is low, there is multiple servers but when hit end game there is nothing to do. Can't find PvP because the servers feel kinda dead?
    No one really does RBF until the weekend ( even that's a push )

I feel like a way to make the game feel more alive would be adding in a higher reward for RBF, since the main end game is PvP. There isn't enough guilds for node wars so it's essentially weekly PvP which is why everyone is always AFK, I think adding in a high reward from RBF would bring more player and also keep current players from leaving.

Winning, Daddyloverboi and Masrur like this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

There are PLENTY of Guilds on GamezBD, both on NA and EU. More than enough to make a good PvP-scene, BUT it is STILL the same old problem when it comes to PvP in Black Desert Online: Gear and Connection-based combat.
    Players who are casual, will not have top gear for a LONG time.

Players who are very enthusiastic about PvP, can still lose interest in the game once they realize just how long it will take them to get to the "end-game-gear", or they may lose heart once they realize how difficult the PvP-combat is in general, not to mention the terrible fact that the combat is highly influenced by the connection differences between the players attending a PvP situation.
    Not actually true, by far. The reason for there being as many AFKing players as there are, is as myriad as there are reasons to play a computer game. Pearl harvesting, or Horse training, or Hedgehog gathering, and so on. Not to mention the fact that most players have a life outside just playing a computer game.
    You wrote this in the Dicussion Section, not in the Suggestion Section. So what is it?

Are you presenting a suggestion for a change to GamezBD, or are you starting yet another discussion (there are tons of threads about PvP already) about PvP?

3. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

Man shut up, you're clearly not playing on this server enough to know it's current state. As far as i gather from your comments along this forum you're a casual grinder and mainly a life skiller.
    The issue with PvP isn't the gear or the connection in most cases. Hell you can even do T1 node-wars which are AP/DP capped and still have tons of fun. And no, there are not plenty of guilds on the server, you can count 3-4 sleepy node war guilds and 3 siege guilds in total on GameZ. The only PvP you get on this server are casual GvG's/ BA fights/ and when you're fighting for spots.
    The problem isn't always the gear although you might see it as such in your case. Me along many other people would happily drop pieces of gear to ajust a matchup in a duel or so. If you want to PvP and ptactice, you don't hit a dead end, just simply ask.

I also love how you don't touch PvP much. That's a huge factor when it comes to it.

Sorry to break it to you but the AFK dilema is true. as much as you want to deny it, there are 900 AFK'ers out of 1.3k active people. You simply earn more money than any grinder (unless they are in end-game areas) for just leaving your PC on. When I ask my friend he says ' Why should i grind Hystria when i'd lose a couple levels on my horses?, I'd rather do something else in that hour and only lose 60-70m'. Same goes for lifeskillers, pretty much all of what they gather sit on marketplace for days and days. Horse training guarantees your income via the free pearls you get. I can see how this progression mindset might affect PvP but you can't say the same for the people with gear that don't PvP.

You really want to know what's killing this server? Alright i'll break it down to you

- Marketplace / Drop rate relationship: The marketplace prices are low, BUT the drop rate does not compensate for that since it's completely RNG. I'd have a distortion at 320m even if it drops every two hours. When it costs 60m and you HAVE to drop 4 in two hours just to simply compensate for that. It's rough. Spoiler alert: you usually get less than that.
    - Grinding is not rewarding: the only income from that is the trash loot and the rare drops. Blackstones will sit on the marketplace for weeks and caphras the same. NET-ing you less silver than Retail overall unless the RNG is with you for the acessory drops.
    - PvP rewards : that's pretty much self explanatory, node wars rewards little no nothing, RBF rewards are rather unsignificant since we have better crystals and better ways to earn those items. Siege drop is just an Arsha buff which is pretty pepega since Arsha isn't that busy when it comes to grinding.
    - Content: Like a private server, waiting 6 moths just to catch up with the rest of the world can, at some times feel boring. Last update was quite horrible, we got half of Ody, half of Hash and brought this toxic mage meta into the game that no ones enjoys. On top of that our developers won't respond back and just Copy-Paste PA's way of balancing classes via *** ****.
    - Rewards : sure the pearls are nice. but at some point you won't need them anymore, what's after that? Attendance rewards which have been unchanged for 4 years, events that slowly dissappear after patch day leaving the server quite naked for a while before the new update and seasonal rewards which are arguably worse on GameZ since we can get most these items with ease.
    - Server changes: The caphra vendoring change left a huge gap in the market, doing so most prices have been diminished due to AFK'ers having to wait for their caphras to sell via CM, Spoiler Alert: They don't sell. AFK'ers don't directly contribute to the market's economy as much as they used to, grinders are forced to sell minimum price because there's no demand on the acessories, please don't say it's because people already have PEN accs because there's many preorders on PEN accs and not many people enhancing them.
    Another problem is the red quality gear nerf. As the developers saw it, the blackstar is THE SHIT. Probably due to not playing their own game at all, nevertheless for GameZ blackstar is an absolute requirement when it comes to both PvE as the mosters are tougher and PVP as the general GS required is higher than retail with their TET blackstars.
    Almost no one is enhancing blackstar and tapping Falln Lord just feels awful. This issue will definitely be more digged into when the Blackstar Awakening weapon drops. Currently i have not seen a single person being happy with this change.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020
    YouWOTm8, Winning, NinjaRivo and 5 others like this.
  4. Maxiclean

Maxiclean New Member

Sure there are plenty of guilds, but literally more than half of them are dead, and when it comes to siege/pvp guilds there's always 1 big guild who legit can fuck anyone up.

desertkatze likes this.
  5. Mitsuko031

Mitsuko031 New Member

actually i have more afk than grind man you know server is kinda dead i think, dont have more new content we just need new content on this server, and if you are moderator or gm in this server i hope you read this. also you must be fast to update this version on this game, you know smn just change private to the another private and we are so lonely at there :"> pls moderator gm or everything like that update this patch. we got boring now, we feel all of the population day by day leave in this server. we saw that man

6. Plata

Plata Getting there

I don't get why yall wondering that there are more player afk than doing ingame stuff. Of course there are. They wanna get free pearls and probably passive income.. so they don't log off. It's totally normal that most people are not playing at the same moment. Normal people kinda have less than 1/3 of their day to play (you know.. sleep/work/stuff to do), so the 2/3 they're afk.

I ain't have a problem with siege/node wars. I'm in a small guild and we have siege every weekend. Last weekend we had 4 hours siege and allied with another small guild to fight a bigger one. If you wanna have pvp under the week look for nodes where other guilds are building. Chances are high they just wanna snipe but maybe you're lucky. Otherwise just go for Olympia or Arsha Battle Arena.. you'll always find pvp there.

Do you even checked Telegram or the forum for further information? There's new content coming this month. I'm more amazed how good the server keeps up with new content than not by the fact that it's basically gets done by one person. We all don't know how much work it is to adjust everything to the server.. so if you like to pay gamez 1-2 more people to help so we get content faster I'm totally up for that.

I still agree on some points:
    Marketplace / Drop rate relationship: Yes, kinda fcked up right now.
    Marketplace is out of hand because people like to sell everything at min price. There should be an option for people to auto sell everything grinded for min marketplace price to the game (even when you're solo grinding). So you could choose if you wanna get only trash/silver while grinding or getting drops. The min price seller would choose silver and disappear from the actual market.
    PvP rewards: Are non-existent. Add AP/DP brackets for RBF (like they're there.. just unlimted for all ch) and update rewards.
    Rewards: You still can use pearls to buy artisan and repair gear easier to upgrade and sell it. So I don't see a problem in spending the pearls even when you're full c20. Attendance rewards however should get updated. I'm looking forward for the Black Spirit Adventure update.
    Server changes caphra vendoring. They should be sellable again. I know that you can "p2w" by buying pearls and selling them. That's kinda a problem too. How about you still can't sell them at npc but can sell daily 1000 caphras at Kolka npc for 300m? You wouldn't be able to abuse caphra selling but can get your daily 300m for selling them.
    Red quality gear nerf: Yeah should be changed again.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  7. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

I'm back on retail after hitting max gs, and experiencing all the aids of endgame pvp in this server. The meta sucks rn, the pvp scene is dead, even t1 nws are dead here, and everybody, including low ping players, are laggy af. I don't know if it's the server or the netcode, but you can both be 60 ms ping and it'll feel worse than fighting other people on retail with 100-120 ms ping.

Winning likes this.
  8. loboram

Sorry to say that it seems you are used to having it your way, as if you come from a spoiled background, I do not mean to offend you but look at the way you start your reply to me:
    This is a forum, there is NO need to be so antagonizing and no, never ever will I "shut up". To answer your question, I have been on this server for a heck of a lot longer than you have pal (Aug.31 2020).

I -as opposed to you- have been around since the dawning of this project, was one of the first to make a character on the EU-server, and have enjoyed this game-version -for better and for worse- ever since.

You see that is the KEY-Word, Enjoyment of a game, and once you are no longer feeling enjoyment, then you should really just take a break or find something else to do pal.
    Nope, there is no Tier-1 Nodewars implemented on GamezBD. If I am wrong and you are right, then please show me the Patch notes where they have implemented it.
    How do you qualify statements like these? Where is the data and proof? Are you actively online every day All day long?
    Good for you, I am glad some say that they will "happily drop pieces of gear", but once again we just have to take your word for it, and to make a point of PvP practice, there are literally NO chances given in the one place where players are supposed to practice their PvP-skills; the Red Battle Field. Which you later -rightly so- point out have really limited rewards.
    I am sorry, but what do you mean when you say this? It doesn't make much sense to me at all.
    REALLY!? Once again you are just making up numbers and statements, without ANY data/proof, just to justify whatever agenda you want to push forwards (this is a REALLY bad tendency).
    But how can you say that, when you distinguish yourself from life-skillers, and also the players telling you this just aren't very good at looking at the Central Market then. That is all it takes, one check to see what materials are being sold, and which materials are in abundance.
    Pretty much this whole bit got me confused. You can "see how this progression mindset might affect PvP", alright then I am going to assume you mean the "progression" of being AFK, and somehow earning enough silver income that it overshadows an active-player's silver income? But then you say "you can't say the same for the people with gear that don't PvP", what does that mean in relation to AFKing, and players who do PvP? Isn't this thread about what the Original Post(er) says?
    Not really sure what you trying to say here. You have a Black Distortion Earring (https://bdocodex.com/us/item/11853/) "at 320 million silver"? But then you say "When it costs 60 million silver, and you HAVE to drop 4...to compensate...", what are you saying here?
    Hmmm, we must be playing two different games then, I am currently playing on GamezBD, how about you? Literally EVERYthing I do in-game, "nets" me silver income.

Sure the drop-rates affect the amount of Enhancing materials, but then you also have to take into account that -by far- Most players follow the "mainstream-mentality", by just copying what someone else has done, without wanting to think for themselves at all, or actually enjoy the game on their own premise. Which then leads them to Buy gear instead of ever trying to enhance it themselves, so we are in agreement that the drop-rates are heavily affecting the Central Market "supply and demand". I also Completely agree with you that the decision to make the Exchangable Caphras Stones sellable on the Central Market, was one of the worse decisions made by the GamezBD ownership/staff in recent history.

BUT if players just took the time to really get to know the game of Black Desert Online, in all its forms and glory, then they would realize that there is SO much more to it, than it just being whatever the mainstreamers say it is about. With that knowledge they would surely enjoy the game more, since it provides many variations with which to make silver, and ultimately the whole enhancing process that most -if not all- players really should take advantage of. You see once you start using the Black Stones (Black Crystal Shards) you gather, to actually enhance items, then you will see how easy the process is, and how much more silver you can gain from enhancing items, not to mention Valk's Advice Failstacks, than you would by just simply putting the resources on the Central Market.
    I can say that I am not that familiar with the Player versus Player (PvP) aspect of Black Desert Online (BDO), because I am not a competitive person. Also I would rather just enjoy the whole BDO-game, for all it is worth, than just rush to the "end-game" just to find myself with little to do. Once again I can only point to the backwards thinkng of the mainstream, that claim that BDO is just a PvP-sandbox, which it certainly isn't. Point shown when players finally get the top gear in-game, without actually having played the game at all, only to find themselves battling others who have practiced for months or years, as well as the fact that the game DOESN'T actually reward PvP, as you yourself point out numerous times.
    Hmmm, this alone I would personally take as an insult to the whole GamezBD-server project, not only to the Staffmembers, but the very hard working Developers as well. It seems obvious that you have no idea what it takes to make a game, or how much time and devotion to their work they actually provide to the project. THIS statement was what brought up my initial assumption about you, which is why I wrote what I did at the very start of this reply.

Also, it is a LIE that the staff/developers do not engage with the playerbase. So bloody rude.
    Alright, here again an example of how different players play the game. If you enjoy the GamezBD-game as I do, you will pretty much ALways have something to spend Pearls on.
    Why should the Attendance Rewards be changed? What Events "slowly disappear"? How are the Seasonal Rewards "worse on GameZ"? And no, we cannot get "these items", whatever they are, with ease.
    Why on Earth would you say that? NO ONE is forcing ANYone to do anything that stupid. Players simply do not understand the principles of the Economics on this server, I have no other explaination, unless of course they are actual "trolls" who are only on GamezBD to sabotage the Central Market in order to make this server less attractive.
    Once again you reveal yourself as the complainer you are, and CLEARLY you do not know much about the staff and what they do or don't do.

Look pal, ALL I see here is a rambling AGAINST what I have replied to the Original Post(er). I know that you "trolls" out there just love to stir up some shaite, and that some players on our community have taken up a mantle to argue with/"take down"/annoy/harass me personally. But I am not just giving you a shaite-storm "right back at you", I am in fact asking valid questions to you reply, and trying to point out where you are wrong, as well as how I see the BDO-game and the GamezBD-project. I have been a bit harsh, I agree, but that is because of your reply and general "tone", both towards me and the staff/developers of GamezBD.

I have also given my agreement on things that you have presented, and given you plenty of answers as well as other points of view. So hopefully you won't just take a "giant steaming dump" on me or my replies again, by realizing that I am not pursuing you in a personal manner. Also if you feel terribly offended by something I have said about you, as a person, then I apologize and I am sorry about that.

This is what this thread is really about. The OP (Original Post(er)) opinion and attempt to start a Discussion, since this is in the Discussion Section and not the Suggestion Section, as it should be due to the way the OP ends.

Again, I am left with little to say but; "Please, stop following the mainstream-mentality". If you want to play a game, then do so for yourself, find what you like about the game and enjoy the game however you like, without breaking the rules of the server of course. DO NOT just copy what another player has done and claims to be the "best way to play", because it is simply NOT TRUE. The best way to play a computer game is to play the game HOW YOU LIKE IT, the way THAT MAKES YOU THE MOST HAPPY, the way THAT MAKES YOU ENJOY THE GAME THE MOST. NOT what someone else tells you it should be...bloodyhell...you would really think that humans should have learned this by now.
    How are you making this statement? Where is the data/proof to back up your claims? Are you just lying because you think it is true without knowing the truth?
    Hmmm, how is "the server dead"? Are you even playing on GamezBD? Also having new content or "fast updates" won't fill that hungry hole in your need to play games. Perhaps you have grown tired or bored of playing this particular game? Maybe you should take a break and try something else, if you aren't entertained by this game anymore. Just saying, that if you enjoyed the game itself, you wouldn't Need more content or updates.
    Good on you then, hopefully you will find what you are seeking on the western-retail-servers, but just one question then; If you have really moved on, then Why are you posting on our forum then?

Meta? You mean "the mainstream way of doing things", disguised with a new word for it :D

I am pretty sure that all these "over-the-top" claims, that this or that is dead on GamezBD, are just wildly incorrect statements made by, what I assume is a disillusioned with GamezBD player. Also once again, please refer me to the Patch note where GamezBD introduced T1-nodewars.

One thing that I can Completely agree with, is that the PvP suffers Greatly due to the connections, and that it is indeed a really big problem for players who aren't battling other players in the same region/country/area.

9. Daddyloverboi

Alright 'Pal'. Most of your points don't make sense. They go around the facts I adressed the issue with.

Once again, stop typing like you're talking to children. To be fair, it's not even necessary to reply to your post as most people who posted on this topic agreed with me and you'd find your answers by simply reading but i'll give it a shot:

I am insulting GameZ developers? When I say the developers won't respond back, I am reffering back to Pearl's Abyss and their way of adressing the game. As I stated in the next sentence: They are balancing classes based on *** and boob sizes and our developers seem to be okay with that and simply copy-paste.
    For the Blackstar Topic, I can't say anything. It does seem like the developers are not part of the playerbase. And I'm not surprised that you do not understand how cruicial is a PEN blackstar on this server. It's not a milestone but a little hop due to the requirements for PVP and mid-end game PvP. Just as it is not difficult to get a dandelion to c15 and get the same AP, obtaining a Blackstar should not be 8 times as difficult.

I tired to explain it to you point by point like i would to a five year old and you still seem confused.
    You talk about the economy like the players are pawns and play a chess game. They simply grind via their own methods and sell items to progress at their own pace, do you believe most of them are thinking 'oh this would ruin the economy, i better wait'?

To clarify: I would rather drop a distortion every 2 hours, PRICED at 320m, than have it as it is now at 60m and pray for four drops in one hours to compensate for the total comparred profit.

There's no need for statistics to see what guilds are alive. Simply open the guilds tab and check the activity.

The attendance rewards do need to be updated. I am surprised that you're okay with receiving 15 blackstones in some days. You can get 200 of these in one hour of grinding. Whatever you can use to attack the comment I guess.

I believe you don't understand the playerbase's mentality and instead think of this as a hive overall. You're pulling out excuses from left and right to compensate for the flaws a part of the game has simply because the game has been designed to be a marathon and there is much more content to be done apart from what a single or a group of individuals tend to enjoy or play the game for.

Simply because I said that waiting for the updates feel boring, and that I lay out 'negative' feedback does not mean I do not appreciate the developers work. There's people like you who see it as an insult and there are people who'd see it as constructive criticism. If I did not care about GameZ I would not be so vocal about it's flaws and probably not even acess the forum at all.

There was a typo when I mentioned 'how you don't talk about PvP', I forgot to put the word rewards after.

I can speak about lifeskillers too, I tired all forms of lifeskill incomes from gathering to sea hunting. I have entire cities and village storages half filled with materials. I simply processed what was selling on the central market. I know what's selling and what does not. Even you must agree with me that not everything you obtain NET's you silver. To which it brings back my other statement. Retail marketplace rewards all drops. Due to the high supply, on GameZ the marketplace does not. Furthermore the items will stay listed for a long ammount of time. A reason why people sell for minimum at times.

Since you're not familiar with the PvP, Node Wars, RbF and Siege have some sort of scaling related to them. RbF having %DR, Siege with extra HP and Node Wars with AP/DP cap depending on the tier of the node, wether we have the patch or not I do not know, it has been a thing for quite some time now, neverltheless you can check: Simply open your guild tab and look at the information displayed. Should be there.

As for your last statement, I'd like to ask you to stop playing the victim. I laid out facts and explained every single point of it to you and you chose to ask more questions as if I we don't play the same game. Most of the people on this topic have agreed to some points in my comment. You're the only one who did not. Guess i'll copy paste this but when I say the developers won't respond back, I am reffering back to Pearl's Abyss and their way of adressing the game. Like I stated earlier, if my goal was to 'bring down' the server or 'troll' I would have not invested all this time being here and discussing anything, especially in the manner that I do.

Winning and Nereus like this.
  10. loboram

This is the reason I am being harsh towards you. You just continue being rude and antagonizing.
    Which brings me to this...How exactly do you give "constructive criticism"?
    I am just seeing insults, and of course complaining, but you seem to be missing the Constructive side of the criticism. I would like to see your suggestions, how to solve the problems you point out, instead of just claiming "constructive criticism" without being constructive. The reason I see that as an insult, is because it is clear that you have no idea how much work goes into this project, when you say; "waiting 6 moths just to catch up with the rest of the world can, at some times feel boring. Last update was quite horrible, we got half of Ody, half of Hash and brought this toxic mage meta into the game that no ones enjoys." I feel insulted, and I don't even work for the GamezBD project myself. You clearly also say that the staff Here ("our developers") don't give you responses to your threads, but you know that to be a lie since this community has the wonderful benefit of being very much in touch with the people in charge.
    Hmmm, well the reason I was asking questions wasn't to be pedantic towards your reply (which by the way was to my post in this thread), I was merely curious as to how you qualify the statements you have made.
    I am however Very curious as to what exactly you mean, with the statement above?
    Which points "go around" which facts you made?
    I am sorry to say that there isn't a "Guild Tab", which displays what you say. There is a Guild Page (G default key), which leads to the guild of which your family is a member of, and on that page you are unable to see other guilds. Then there is a Guild Ranking Page (not sure what key leads there), which you can find in the main menu, But the only thing that displays is the number of guildmembers, level of top ranking life-skills in it, and how many Guestbook entries they have, along with some PvP information. None of which give any real indication of which guilds are active, and which ones are "dead" as you put it.
    This however has puzzled me tremendously. You see I point out that the game is indeed designed to be a marathon, as well as the many different ways to play BDO there are, in a LOT of my posts in this forum. So I cannot see how what I am writing or pointing out to your reply to my post, is "excuses made for the flaws of the game"?
    You believed wrongly when you said; that I "don't understand the playerbase", and that I "think it is a hive overall", because in fact I do not. I have an idea about the playerbase, which I think most players have, since it is indeed impossible to know this for sure, simply because you cannot possibly know what others are thinking.
    What I have said Many many times before, is that I truly hate the ideology that comes with "meta"- (the new word for mainstream) gaming, and that there seems to be a lot of players who are playing this game "apart from what a single or a group of individuals tend to enjoy or play the game for", by following the mainstream way of thinking this game as just a PvP-sandbox. Which is probably why they get bored, or disappointed, too quickly with the gameplay, and without the insight of knowing how much more the game has to offer, they just leave the game or just our community.
    I have No reason to "attack the comments" you reply with, except maybe for the same reason that you are so rude, and I am not really "attacking" anything. I am being harsh, and most of all I am questioning your statements. Without questions and criticism (the constructive part is coming at the end), how are we all to get anywhere in a discussion?
    Also I have NO problem with receiving only 15 Black Stones every now and then, since those rewards are very much in sync with how the game was designed, "a marathon". It is meant as a small boost, mainly for players who are starting out, not so much for players who have almost everything in-game. Which is also why the Black Spirit Adventure Game seems kinda wasteful, once you have acquired a lot of riches as well as items.
    But this isn't a fluke, or a "every-now-and-then" happening. The reason the Central Market as well as the reason I said what I did, is because far too many players are just clicking away, since the game automatically chooses the price right below the lowest price offered. To which I do not want to say that they are being stupid, but that it is stupid thing to do, to not check at which price it is being posted, or how many items are being sold higher up the list, or just NOT place the item on absolutely minimum, then turn around and complain their heads off about how they cannot make any silver on the Central Market. So I just said that I think they lack an understanding of how the Economy on the Central Market works in general, or worse, they do not care.
    I am sorry, but in relation to your first statement; "...stop typing like you're talking to children...", I am not quite sure to what you refering to, when you say; "...I'd like to ask you to stop playing the victim..."?
    I explained that I have been pursued by a group of players, who seemed intent on "trolling" me, both in-game and here on the forum. Then I apologized if I had offended you. I am yet to receive an apology from you, for the times you have been just plain rude towards me, or the staff. You still think that the developers/staff don't play the game.

Oh by the way...I am not "the only one who did not" agree with your reply.
    As for the all the questions you didn't answer, what about those?
    Do I really have to repeat the quotes again, to get a straight answer from you?

NOW for the constructive bit of the reply:
    I loved the part where you say that you have tried out a lot of different life-skills, and how to make silver through that aspect of the game. It is -as you pointed out yourself- really easy to find something missing from the Central Market, and try to supply it to the rest of the players on GamezBD.
    I am also quite fond of how you say that you DO appreciate the work of the developers and staff on GamezBD, because they hear praise for their work far too little, in comparison to how much players just whine and complain.
    Lastly I think there should be room for all types of players here on GamezBD, which is why I am Still trying to propose suggestion after suggestion, on how to improove (not how it is spelled but how it sounds) the GamezBD-game-version as well as the community in general. I will most definately say that some of my suggestions are quite "out-there", and some are just not that practical to implement, but this is how I try to make the game better for us all, instead of just giving "constructive criticism" which I just call complaining.

So please...If you want to make the game better, then let's come up with suggestions instead. You are free to add your ideas or comments to my suggestions, just like you are free to make new suggestion threads about things I haven't considered changing yet. It would however be best if we try to keep the number of suggestion threads to a minimum, so instead of making a thread with a suggestion that has already been made, but with a slight twist to the original suggestion, it would be much better to just add the idea to the thread containing the original idea.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  11. Jye

Jye New Member

PVP is dead Siege for end game guilds is between 2 guilds lotus and failstack sometimes Xup joins in.

Node wars are non existant.

RBF is trash no one wants to spend 15 minutes in there for trash tier rewards, id get more silver P/hr farming grass beetles then our current RBF.

There is no incentive to grind because it makes less silver then purely afk'ng and drop rates are trash and prices on the CM for rare drops are too low. Plus Mobs are so fucking over tuned here mid tier players cant farm anywhere they need to make the silver required to make gains.

The server needs quality of life buffs BADLY we need RBF reward buffs, and I Don't mean a few more black stones I mean give us some fucking silver, I wanna see a few hundred mill for a win 300-400mill a win would make it worth doing also would make more people join the RBF. (Don't say this is too much silver its a private server it should be a lot).

The drop rates here are fucking horrid, everything has been so shadow nerfed that the rates of high end accessories are almost retail level, getting 2-3 distos and hour when people on retail get 1-2 per hour???????????????????????????????????????????????? how is this okay? Again I need to say it this is a high rate private server or am I playing slightly buffed retail?

Gear balance is atrocious at 400+dp you still get 1 shot by literally 1-2 skills. No skill involved anymore it just who hits their cc first then lands their hardest hitting skill. Cool bro very nice...

The server needs Quality of life buffs badly and i mean BADLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Also, FIX THE CC COUNTER IN GROUP PVP IM SICK OF BEING PERMA CC'D BECAUSE THE CC COUNTER IS ONLY APPLYING PER PERSON AND NOT TOTAL CC.

Winning and desertkatze like this.
  12. Daddyloverboi

I wrote the part where I refer to the developers twice, please do refer to that instead of saying I am insulting them or you.
    The reason I have been harsh on my first reply is because instead of looking into it, questioning it and adding to the topic, you instead attemptted to lay out answers without being aware of everyhthing that is going on and all the reasons that affect the situation. At that point it does look like you simply say something for the sake of joining the coversation or simply to argue.

Nevertless I can undestand your frustation, like i mentioned in the first sentences of my previous reply, answering every question you added up wether is because you're not sure or because you want to confirm it, is not necessary to prove the fact that has been laid out when there's clear evidence and example in game, for example the marketplace situation or the Node War.

You might be alright with the pace of the game as being a marathon but truth is, GameZ does not stand for that. Retail does. Or at least that's how GameZ has been presented to me, a place where players can progress at a medium-fast rate and enjoy BDO.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the 'meta' when I mentioned your comment. I have not mentioned it being a sand-box either. What I'd like for you to understand is that most people enjoy this game for different and common reasons sometimes. When you are defending an argument, a fact or a question, using different reasons from topics that barely relate like how you said in your first reply, 'the same old problem when it comes to PvP in Black Desert Online: Gear and Connection-based combat.' Sure there are aspects that comes to PVP but you cannot necessarily use it to defend the lack of PvP rewards, balance, popularity and the current 'meta' which in my opinion is very cancerous due to everyone being stuck at 20% damage reduction until the next patch, it's better to stay along the line and adress the issue directly and on point. I did that by giving out examples using the current state of it, you did it using the Gear idea, despite not being able to fully know everyone's potential when it comes to that and the connection, which again, you cannot know it fully unless everyone is using the same VPN which i bet they do not. That also answers your questions of how you go 'around' the points that I made.

I could come up with 100 solutions to every topic I have adressed. Same way you could but why? So far I have seen server changes out of player's request and feedback. Most posts on these forums do not receive feedback from the Dev team as much as from the Moderators. Furthemore if it does so, they do not come with an explanation as to why it's wrong/ different from their ideology.
    So when it comes to this 'constructive criticism', apart from laying out the way a certain change or situation has made you, as an individual feel, there is little way to go about it since suggestions have been rarely if not never been taken in consideration. You can also see it as a form of feedback I would assume.
    ' It's boring waiting for it' does not necessarily means I insult one's work or not appreciate it. From one point of view it can mean I do not enjoy the content they're laying out, and that's perfectly fine in a society with such freedom I would guess. After all there will always people who would dislike something but from a different point of view it can also mean that there is something missing in order to fill that waiting time gap. In this case the 'constructive critisism' is however you choose to take it as. Hope that answered your question.

I apologise but I no longer wish to discuss this topic any futher. After a discussion with my guildie earlier I have realised It is not worth being vocal about anything when it comes to flaws when I do not dig into numbers as much as i should, especially when the results are insignificant which to me seems like a waste of energy. Furthemore I will not contrubute with ideas or share my opinion along the lines of this forum for the same reasons any longer. I will continue to play the game and support it for as long as I enjoy it. Feel free to respond though, I will read your message.

Winning likes this.
  13. VDragneel

VDragneel New Member

Merge both servers again then server will be good. Id really rather have shitty ping but theres alot of pvp going on than good ping with no pvp at all

14. Mitsuko031

Mitsuko031 New Member

yea actually bored because we need something new in there you know, i told you it just not mee all of my friend already leave coz they said too late for new content, and all of them just change the private server to another private. ive been play this game for 4 year already and i know how many ppl leave and have a same reason like "too late for new content" and the new reason is "the marketplace is dead" if you play at NA region you will know about this.

15. Hampari

Hampari New Member

I've played gamez for 2 years, over the course of those two years there have been active fight's. BUT on EU right now there is no fight's period, Our seige consisted of 2 snipe forts and a dodge.
    In PEAK times there is about 5 people in the BA, on the weekends there are 0 people in the RBF. So tell me where is the PvP?

There is no PvP period, every guild has disbanded and left because of the lack of content, the market is scuffed. there is no RBF, there is like 5 servers hosted to about 400 Active ( actually active not afk )
    players to make a what seems like a dead server even more dead.
    [Edited]

Literally the motive to getting gear is PvP and if there is no PvP no one will want to go through the process of getting gear, and easy fix would be increasing the RBF rewards and decreasing the horse rewards forcing people to actually play the game. because as it is right now people are leaving more than they are joining. nearly every single seige guild EU has disbanded, there is like 2 left and if one of them dies then gamezbd EU is dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2020
    Winning likes this.
  16. loboram

Look, there is nothing anyone can tell you about how the word Random actually works. Neither will explaining to you how percentages work, ever be enough to change your mind. But it is a complete lie, that you can earn more Silver by AFKing, as opposed to playing actively.
    Thanks so much for clarifying, also showing how to temper your answers. Now I feel much more at ease, less in confrontational-mode as I was before...so thanks.
    I do understand that the BDO-game itself is difficult to play, and that like all MMO's at some point you get too far in the game, and end up having less or nothing to do. After having completed ALL the main-questlines, tried out all the Life-Skills, as well as engaged in PvP, you will realize that the game is limited. Games just get boring in the long run, no matter what you play.
    Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to give answers, I was trying to ask a lot of questions because it seemed as if, you were making statements about things that weren't being presented with proof, which I just took as making things up.
    But as I said, there isn't any evidence, unless of course you are going to ask me to look through the Bugs Section, to which I can only say; No thank you.
    The Bugs Section is nearly endless, and most of the posts in there don't provide proper proof either.
    This just makes me sad...Sure it may seem as if the Owner/Staff/Developers aren't listening, but when players just stop talking to them Nothing will ever change for the better. Also we have numerous examples of the GamezBD-team accepting something that the community has asked for. So the Forum DOES work, there is no debate about that, and what makes me sad is that there are players on our community, that are spreading the lie that it doesn't matter.
    Even though we started out "being at each others throats", I do want to hear your voice on our community, as well as your 100's of solutions. It will be a loss if you choose to believe the ones telling you, not to lend your voice to our community.
    I have already said that most, if not all, other Private Servers will just scam you out of your money, and shut down, then open up again under another name...so your friends will be much better off just having the patience of an adult, and try out all the rest of the game while waiting for the next update.
    I would very much like to see how you came to that number of "active" players on our servers. Just to update you, there are only 2 servers, and they have several channels, but aren't actually seperate servers themselves.
    Once again I can point to the FACT, that this game isn't a PvP-sandbox, and the end-game only seems to lead there, but there are many many things to do in-game, and while the BDO-combat-system keeps being handled the way it is, I see little changing in how players approach that part of the game.
    Also how do you Know things you couldn't possibly know, about the number of active guilds?

17. Hampari

Hampari New Member

If you are trying to say that PvPers are in the minority, and the server is still booming but just with life skillers then you are completely delusional?
    Why would anyone come to a private server with boosted drops just to life skill, And for a server with a small community it's not hard keeping track of how many active guilds there are, you're forgetting this isn't retail, If I go to stars end or any of the high end spots you'd be lucky seeing 1 person in the grind spot never mind anyone actually contesting it.
    And I know, I was referring to channels. I've literally tried hunting people in the high end spots on multiple channels and had no luck.
    And how many people need to tell you that PvP is dead before you accept it. You need to understand life skillers are in the minority

Winning likes this.
  18. Hampari

Hampari New Member

The only way to keep the PvP alive is to encourage it, there isn't enough group content in the game.
    There isn't enough event's or goal's after reaching end game gear, the main thing you can do to utilise your gear is to PvP if you remove the PvP there is nothing to do. And due to the dwindling amount of guild's left willing to participate in GvG's or Seige the whole PvP option is starting to fade.

Literally increasing RBF rewards to have GOOD hourly income, even enhancing supplies encourages PvP. Which makes a what feel dead server become alive again, It would also encourage newer players to join. because if anyone new to the server asked me what the server is like right now, I'd say you could gear up fast then uninstall because there is nothing to do.

Winning likes this.
  19. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

PVP is kinda dying because there are no people playing it actively. Those people who felt bored and left naturally should be replaced by newbies. Retail made their game a ton easier than it was before, therefore retailers do not see a necessity to try playing on gamez for easier game.
    Gamez need to offer more than retail, which it already does however its still not enough.

I would recommend buffing back special deals for parties to encourage playing together. Special deals were extremely useful for lower ap players due to the trash loot selling at high price, a party of two on cadry would be able to make around 200 mil per hour for each one, which would be a good silver influx to the server and great way to make silver of low ap. It should still sell items to the bot, however the price should be a minimal price without any tax.
    By this game we will have an option to play together and low AP player will be able to progress faster and bring a influx of players into the pvp content for the server.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Winning likes this.
  20. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Nerfing horse training will just kill the market further. Hope you like 20-30m distortion earrings and 600-700m deboreka necklaces. Gamez is dead because there's no reward for playing anymore once you're max gs, and even if they nerfed afk income, that wouldn't entice anyone to want to play more anyway. It'd make people quit. Pvp is dead because the current meta sucks. Hell, it was dead before we had a succ wiz meta. Now it's even more dead. Add latency issues, lack of rewarding group content, and slow to update to the list, and that's mostly why gamezbd is dead. It's embarrassing how much more active retail is, even though it's a toxic and predatory environment.

Winning likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.