1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Negative Karma Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Breast, Jan 15, 2021.

?

Good idea?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Not possible

25.0%
  1. Breast

Breast Boobie Master

The game is really against players who are Negative Karma. You lose crystals, gear can get downgraded, it's pretty huge.
    Luckly we do have Arsha channels now so in a way, it kind of makes going Negative Karma not much of a thing anymore.
    It feels like almost a useless function and system.

I really love the Karma system in Valencia, the jail and Negative Karma city. It makes being a bandit so much fun!!...but nobody really goes to Valencia, it's a pretty dead region in terms of player activity.

My suggestion is to add a system but in the whole world, or a more accessible area. There's a whole lot of unoccupied area in Olvia Area (there's a whole lot of unoccupied place pretty much everyone, Olvia is probably the best place for how close it is to everything).

Add a Negative Karma City, Just like in Muiquun Bandit Town in Valencia, so there is a place where negative karma people can gather, adds more options for negative karma guilds. New ways to get the GamezBD community involved.

Add custom title for negative players who complete a custom quest that required you to kill a certain amount of players. I believe there are similar quest in Muiquun Bandit Town that require you to kill players (not too sure on that, only heard about it). So that it will incentivized players to go out more in the open world and be involved.
    Currently, from what I see, there isn't much action going on in the open world at all.
    Not sure if this is possible either, but it will be nice to also reward Positive karma players a similar way, in having custom quest to give them a title or other kind of reward like pearls or something of use, for killing a Negative Karma player. To get more open world pvp and spice things up in the open world pvp.

I'm not sure on the developing side on this and how difficult this could be, but this would be a awesome custom addition to GamezBD

Feel free to add any more ideas! Doubt anybody would actually see this, but please try to get Kolka to see this hehe

Grubbathee likes this.
  2. Grubbathee

Grubbathee New Member

I agree with this post, I would love to see the Devs add some custom mechanics and or rewards for systems like this because after all this is a private server, and having things different is expected but sometimes these things can help the community grow and also give old/returning players new things to play around and have a reason to stay playing on the server so If this post gets the publicity it deserves maybe it could be a foreseeable addition to the server and to the game as a whole.

Breast likes this.
  3. gungenir

gungenir New Member

First of all, we need to understand a point. This is a private server.
    The Gamezbd devs are doing a great job, but still their capacity is limited. It takes a lot of money, effort and time to produce great content such as new cities and new systems. Even original server developers spend months or years for such content.
    Recently, Korean developers apologized for delaying new ocean updates. Because even for them, these updates are not an easy thing.
    If such new things come to other servers, it also applies here, but wanting things that aren't anywhere is wanting too much.

loboram likes this.
  4. Breast

Breast Boobie Master

Of course it's not easy, I don't think I ever said It is. It's a suggestion afterall. Never hurts to ask or suggest, though to be fair they are not actually creating the content, they're pretty much taking it from NA and doing small tweaks on them. They're definitely capable of changing the files and doing custom things, for example the 1v1 arena and the new boss.

5. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

It's not about what our Devs can do, it's about running the game smoothly as it should be. The main goal of GamezBD is to delivery a close experience to retail but absolutely for free.
    But we do get some QOL like 10x rates and such.
    Running a private server of Black Desert is not that easy, it's not just copy-paste the files from the game, mostly of files has to be decrypted and then rewrited from zero. Yeah, you may find "emulators" for this game around the internet, but you won't be able to get it running fully patched and smooth as GamezBD does.
    Imagine a game like Black Desert being filled with scripts and custom additions like the old Ragnarok pservers we used to see? Those customs features would probably at some point be incompatible and start to bug things that was already working just fine.

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

First up, I would like to point out that the poll you presented is FAR from anything I can vote on, since it says NOTHING about what I am voting on.

Next up, as @Chiclete pointed out, GamezBD is trying to present a Free-Retail-experience, with some added benefits of course. BUT it is limited what the development team CAN tinker with, and as much as I personally would like to see a REAL Custom BDO experience, I am pretty sure it won't be here on GamezBD.

Custom content like a new gear-system, life-skill system, combat-system, new classes, skill-system, and most of all; New questlines, storylines, and NEW AREAS. Unfortuantely for now they are but dreams.