1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Node energy investment

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by OoReFLuXoO, Jan 13, 2021.

1. OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO New Member

Investing energy into a node... Does it effect the drop rate on this server? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Yes it does, but it's a small bonus and you probably won't notice the change because our server has higher rates than retail.

3. OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO New Member

Thanks for the reply!!

I did run across this with a bit more specific details.

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/new-players-development-summary.212472/
    "" Loot bonus systems: Ecology (8,000 rating = +20% loot), Node ranks v1 (lv 10 node = +15% drop rate) & node rank v2 (lv 10 node = +50% drop rate every 10th mob). ""

It's quite an old post.. ""Last edited: Apr 14, 2018"" So, I'm not sure how current/relevant it may be...

I'm not sure what a NODE RANK ""v1 OR v2"" is. Unfortunately, leading to more questions. I will have to do a little more searching

loboram likes this.
  4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I'm not sure about those Node Ranks you saw, probably something to differ "Monster" Node from "Material" Node? Also, could be something changed along the last years... @Kolka may have informations about that.
    About node investment, it all boils down to RNG, because as I said before: it's barely noticable.
    If you Google for this matter you'll find a bunch of topics and tests from retail, some state that it doesn't work, some that it does. But it's common knowledge (even PA stated It) that it does increases the drop.

5. VirusQ

VirusQ New Member

Personal testing regarding node investing .
    Node lvl 0 PILA KU JAIL ( 1 week farm ) :
    Average "Black Spirit" drop was 1-3 per hour
    ( no loot scroll activated )

Node lvl 10 PILA KU JAIL ( 1 week farm ) :
    Average "Black Spirit" drop was 1-2 in 2-3 hours !
    ( loot scroll activated ) , if i didnt prob would be 1 per 2-3 hours

Did reach to a conclusion that investing in nodes it does make it worse the drop . Same as retail .
    Personal opinion ? Its just a scam of energy and trying to make u believe that u get more drop when you don't .
    But hey , thats just me coming here with a opinion and u can make a decision later on yourself

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I have on several occasions tried to get more information on this topic, but as the forum-moderator pointed out, the drop rate is ONLY applied to the 10th monster you kill while in the Area that you invested in. If you move out of the area at any point the bonus is removed, and some areas are a bit difficult in that respect. Like the Bashim Base, when the Bashims are spread over two rather lage areas for instance, and the Base in only a part of the area players usually do not notice, unless they keep an eye on the mini-map that indicates which area you are currently in.

So yeah, the Node investment Does work, in my own personal experience, But you have to Know that it is Still based on RNG, and Only is applied to every 10th monster you kill.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  7. OoReFLuXoO

OoReFLuXoO New Member

That's interesting, So what part of the mini map are you taking about?? Nodes do have a highlighted radius. If you're within that circle is that the supposed area effected?