1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Buff life skills?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hsilverprime, Feb 9, 2021.

1. hsilverprime

hsilverprime New Member

Hello

Are you guys gonna buff other life skills in the future?
    Like for example fishing ? I wanted to start fishing but everyone kept saying no, training horses is the only good life skill and can give you a lot of money, and I agree, 500m per courser is a lot. But some of use, like me prefer other life skills. I really enjoy fishing, but doesnt give as much silver as training. Especially cuz coursers are so easy to get in this server.

You could increase fish drop rate, or increase silver. I dont want to get 500m per afk session ofc, but would be nice a buff or two.

2. rundvrun

rundvrun New Member

Fish at hot spot and turn in deliver or trade with buff.
    There are more hot spots here than retail.

Mastery harpoon has a rate to drop 100m item.

loboram likes this.
  3. Deathbreed

Deathbreed New Member

Active fishing at guru level gives me about 80 mil per trip ive tried harpooning never caught anything good also never once caught a special fish of any kind so not sure where your fishing @rundvrun

Archivar likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

EVERYTHING in the game is based on RNG, however the gear you wear might make an impact on the general fishing...hopefully you can figure out a much better presentation for your "suggestion".

Just asking for a fishing "buff", isn't really a suggestion, I am in favor of a change to the life-skills, but it has to be a well thought out idea, possibly with some calculations on what it leads to in the future, if applied.

5. hsilverprime

hsilverprime New Member

I did suggest an increase of fish price, I didnt just ask to be buffed, I suggested something...

The biggest problem I see is, in the official server relics are one of the biggest pros of fishing, and sells for 1m or more, and in this server it sells for 300k, that's the big difference. They could like, increase fish price, maybe add more prize fish in general pool, not just Harpoon or margoria. We could have the option to be able to catch any prize fish but only if we are in a frigate or something, and if we had at least 900 Mastery, they could work around that. I don't know, theres a lot that can be done. They just need to try to work around it

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Alright...Increasing the prices of fish is a suggestion.

But then you go once again into this vague explaination, "They just need to try to work around it".
    Work around what exactly?
    You suggestion is still quite vague, I would like to see some well thought out plan, as well as a projection to what is going to happen if implemented :)

7. hsilverprime

hsilverprime New Member

I did say... They would have to work around the fish mastery, that is what I mean, like if had at least 900 or 1200, that would make all prize fish be obtainable in general pool of the sea, not just Margoria. What I mean is, they would need to work around the numbers, price, and mastery.

Or maybe just change the fact that we can only get the rare prize fish with harpoon. If we can also get it with a Fishing Rod, or make a custom Float, I would call it harpoon float, we would have to grind for the mats to get it, and then that float would make us be able to get those rare prize fish with a Fishing Rod, Or make a Manos Fishing Rod or Manos Float.

I just dont like to overthink about this, cuz I don't even know if they can do anything about it, since it's a private server, and I don't even know if they read this kind of posts.

I just dont see it being worth going all the way to margoria to harpoon for hours, and not even getting 100m.

Since I'm a fan of life skilling in this game and if I was part of the developer team or smtg, I would spend hours figuring out a way to balance all life skills