1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Important Common Errors & Fixes

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Dimitra, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

As a remake of @Guille's old and partially outdated guide on common client or installation issues, we'll be going through some client problems you might stumble upon so that you know how to fix them yourself.

Part 1: Client-side issues before logging in
    1. "This program is unavailable in your country." (picture)
      Make sure your client is fully installed and up to date with the version Gamez is using, if it is, go to Aion\L10N\ENU, select everything in there (Ctrl+A) and copy it, go back to Aion\L10N, select the folder of the language your windows is using and paste what you copied, then run the Gamez Launcher and update if you need to.

For the language folders:
      DEU is German
      ENU is English
      FRA is French
      RUS is Russian

If that doesn't work then if there is a downgrade available, delete the L10N folder and re-download and replace it through the downgrade. If there isn't a downgrade available delete your L10N folder, open the NCsoft launcher and repair it. Also make sure your client is the NCsoft client and not Gameforge.
    2. "No game server is available to the authorization server. (6)" (picture)
      If you have any ping reducers or game boosters (razer cortex etc), turn them off completely by making sure they aren't even running in the background and try again. Try turning off your antivirus or firewall too since the error happens when you cannot establish a connection with the server. If none of these work, re-install the Gamez launcher, run it as admin and let it update because you're missing the files needed to connect.

There have also been rare cases where after logging in the game would tell the player "You are already logged in" and when logging in again it would show this problem, and the solution was to just wait a minute after seeing "you are already logged in" and then typing your info and logging in again.
    3. Nothing happens after I accept the Terms & Conditions. (picture)
      Check if your client is the same version as our servers (go inside your Aion folder and check the version.ini file), if it isn't you will need to downgrade if there is a downgrade available. If your client is on the same version as Gamez then try disabling your anti-virus or firewall and try again.​
    4. "Aion[1024]. Failed to initialize the game." (picture)
      Check the size of your folder, it should be around 27.4 GB without the $patch$ folder, if it isn't then run the NCsoft launcher and let it fully update then downgrade if you need to. Another possible reason is that you installed the item.pak on the wrong folder, go back to Aion\Data\USA\Items and restore the original item.pak while installing the latest itempak on Aion\Data\Items.
      If you are running Aion on 32-bit OS, make sure you followed the instructions carefully in this thread under the title '32-bit Itempak Support'.

If the language of your windows is Russian, French or German then check the first problem of this list.

The problem also happens after a messy downgrade or a corrupted Bin32 folder, so if there is a downgrade available try re-downloading and replacing the Bin32 folder through it or re-applying the whole downgrade if needed. If there is no downgrade available, delete the bin32 folder and repair the client through the NCsoft launcher.
    5. "CRITICAL ERROR: Error loading DLL: Game.dll error code 193, %1 is not valid win32 application." (picture)
      If there is a downgrade available, re-install and replace the Bin32 folder because there are complications with it. If there is no downgrade available, delete your Bin32 folder and repair your client through the NCsoft launcher.
    6. "You have been disconnected from the server" after logging in.
      The servers are either down or your connection to the server is stuck, check if you are running any ping reducers or game boosters and try again, also turn off your firewall and antivirus and see if that works. Another possible reason is that your connection is "stuck" because you used ping reducers recently, if you have a ping reducer open it, connect to Aion with it, open the client, let it show you the same error, close the client, shut down the ping reducer COMPLETELY and open the game again, your connection should be reset now.
    7. This happens because of UAC (User Account Control) so to solve the problem, try running the launcher as admin. If you want to disable UAC completely, download this, apply it, restart your computer and try again.
    8. Nothing happens after I press "Start game" on the Gamez launcher.
      Try disabling your firewall and antivirus and try again. Rare cases happen because your bin32 got corrupted during a possible downgrade, so make sure you installed the folder properly if there is an installation and there are no duplicates of the bin32 inside the folder.
    9. GamezAion launcher crashing/won't run.
      It requires .NET Framework 4.0, download it through Microsoft Web Installer, it can either do the full installation or just a small repair. If you still get crashes even if you have it, try starting the game through the bat launcher (download it here if you don't have it and put it inside your Aion folder) to overpass the launcher issues.
    10. "Cannot connect to the server." (picture)
      Your connection to the server is "stuck", if you are using a ping reducer then uninstall it and re-download it, use it to connect and try again, if that doesn't work install another ping reducer, run it one time to "unstuck" your connection with it and try again.
    11. "You are disconnected from the game server" while trying to change servers. (picture)
      This is a common server-side issue, there is no immediate solution. What you can do is: after you try to change servers and get disconnected, wait a minute or two before entering your info again and then login. Keep trying the same over and over until it's fixed, it will take a while but eventually you'll fix it.
    12. "You are already logged in. (7)" (picture)
      Wait 30 seconds after you get than error and try logging in again, it is advised to wait because this particular problem is connected with a few others and which can sometimes be solved by not rushing to login again.
    13. "ID or Password does not match (2)" but can login on the website. (picture)
      The game client does not recognize special symbols for passwords while the website does, change your password to include only letters and numbers and no symbols and try again. There have been rare cases where the same problem happened if the password was way too long (30 characters or so). Another reason is that you're trying to login on retail instead of the Gamez server, make sure you're launching the game through the Gamez Launcher and not the NCsoft launcher.
    14. "Aion.bin not found." (picture)
      That happens when you installed the Gamez launcher on the wrong folder and starting the game through it, make sure your Gamez launcher is in the correct folder along with bin32, L10N, Data, system.cfg etc. Your Aion folder, depending on your computer, might be on C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion\ or C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion.
    15. Client crashing at the NCsoft black logo.
      Make sure your client was fully installed (around 27.4 GB without the $patch$ folder), if it is then (if there is a downgrade available) re-download and replace your Bin32 and Data folders and try again, if there is no downgrade needed then delete your Bin32 and Data folders, repair the client through the NCsoft launcher and try again.
    16. "Failed to set the graphic acceleration preferences." (picture)
      Update your video drivers, restart your computer and try again.
    17. "Aion[1001]. You cannot run Aion with the version of DirectX currently installed." (picture)
      Aion requires the DirectX version released after June, 2008. Download DirectX through here and try again.
    18. "The region data in this client is incomplete and the game is shutting down. Please update the client and try again." (picture)
      Your client is missing files, run the NCsoft launcher and let it update your game, if it doesn't then hit file repair and let it finish updating completely then try again.
    19. "[Data error] Could not connect to the update server. Please restart the launcher." when opening the NCsoft launcher. (picture)
      Turn off your firewall completely through the control panel and try again.
    20. "[Update Error] Cannot download file." (picture)
      Try turning off your firewall/antivirus and try again. If it still happens then try restarting the launcher over and over and see if it works. If the problem mentions one file all the time (for example Patch\Zip\L10N\enu\data\data.pak.z04) then go inside your $Patch$ folder and find the folder the file is in (it will be in one of the folders that have a number as a name, if it isn't on one folder then check the other), in our case it's L10N\enu\data\, delete that folder that causes the problem, open the NCsoft launcher and hit file repair, it should work now. However; if after restarting the launcher you get a different file on the error description every time, keep restarting the launcher until it works.
    21. "[Update Error] Cannot open file." (picture)
      If turning off your firewall and anti-virus don't work, go inside your Aion folder, cut the $patch$ folder and paste it somewhere outside the folder (on your desktop for example). Your Aion folder should not have the $patch$ folder now and if you try opening the launcher again it should work but if it doesn't, just put the folder back and contact one of us for further assistance.​
    22. "Failed to inject image 'C:\GamezAION\Gamez.dll'. Error code 0xC0000001." (picture)
      Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x64).
      If you already have it installed or after that you still encounter the same problem, you will have to use the GamezAION.bat in order to run the game. Download it from here and put the file into your Aion folder. Right click on the bat file to create a shortcut, then drag it into your desktop. Run the game by double-clicking the shortcut in your desktop!
      There could be cases where your PC saves the file as a text file. In that case, that file will need to be converted, if you don't know how to do it, contact any of the Staff members for assistance.
    23. "File 'C:\GamezAION\Gamez.dll' is not a valid PE image." (picture)
      This error happens when you change your Aion directory path. Delete Gamez.cfg from your Aion folder to fix it.
      If you're still getting the issue after deleting that file, download GamezAION.bat here and place it into your Aion folder. Create a shortcut of it by right clicking on the bat, then drag it into your desktop. You will be able to start the game by using the shortcut in your desktop!

Part 2: Client-side issues after logging in

24. Crashing after trying to login on a certain character.
      Login to another character of the same account, type .fix Name (for example .fix Dimitra) and see if that works. If not, go to the website and send in an unstuck request. After that DO NOT login on the stuck character until the server restarts because it might reset the request, use this thread to be informed about when restarts happen.
    25. "You have been disconnected from the server" after logging out and trying to login again by clicking "reconnect".
      Server-side issue for everyone, when it happens if you want to avoid it, simply wait a minute after clicking "reconnect" and then try to login.
    26. Crashing after opening the Mailbox or having a full Mailbox.
      The only fix for this is to let an admin or the HGM know so they can clear your mailbox manually. That means that all the items inside your mailbox will be deleted with no restorations.
    27. Cannot trade/store items in the (account) warehouse that I am supposed to.
      Re-apply the item.pak and restart your computer, keep re-applying it until it works. Sometimes it might take a bit longer for it to take full effect.
    28. I only see floating heads and no bodies. (picture)
      Your client is missing files, open the NCsoft launcher and update it, if you don't see the option to update then hit file repair and when until it's fully installed then apply a downgrade if needed and try again.
    29. "You cannot create any more characters". (picture)
      Restart your client. When your account is full and you delete a character, you have to restart the client for it to recognise an empty spot.
    30. "A character with that name already exists" while creating a character but I just deleted the character with that name to remake it.
      Restart your client. When you delete a character you need to restart your client for it to recognise that the name has opened for use, otherwise it will take it as still in use.
    31. Cannot delete a character.
      Make sure you are typing "Confirm Delete" correctly and with no spelling errors and with the first letters capitalized. If you are typing it correctly login on the character, leave your legion and unregister any items you might have on the trade broker and try again.
    32. Deleted a character and it says I have to wait 8 hours for it to be deleted.
      You won't need to wait a full 8 hours, just keep logging in on different characters and going back to the selection screen until you see the character deleted, if that doesn't work restart your client and try again.
    33. 'SendLog' and crashing while ingame.
      Common error everybody gets, there is no fix for this other than just letting your client shut down and starting it again.
    34. Some Items don't have a name or icon.
      Go to Aion\Data\USA\Items and delete everything there, go ingame and see if it got fixed. If it did download the correct item.pak so you will be able to trade items.
    35. My LFG is not working.
      Restart your client and check if there is a downgrade you need to apply. If that doesn't work make sure your LFG is shown on the tab you're looking at, go to Tab Options and make sure it is checked.

There have also been rare cases when none of the above worked and the solution was to disable your ping reducer, restart the client and try again and the LFG appeared again.
    36. I can't open the map, I press 'M' and nothing shows up, quest window doesn't appear either.
      If there is a downgrade available, redownload and replace your current Data folder with a new one from the downgrade. If there is no downgrade available, go to Aion\Data and delete the ui.pak. Run the NCsoft launcher and let it update then try again.
    37. My client is working but it's in Korean.
      If there is a downgrade available, re-download and replace your L10N folder. If not, open the NCsoft launcher and let it update, if it doesn't start updating automatically hit file repair and let if finish downloading.
    38. I can't see my mouse pointer / mouse pointer is higher/lower than it's supposed to.
      It has to do with your game resolution not working properly, check this video on how to fix it.
    39. Everything is red / I can see items saying "replace me". (picture1, picture2)
      You are missing texture files, open your NCsoft launcher and let it update, if it doesn't start udpating automatically hit file repair and when until it's done downloading completely. When it's done, apply the downgrade if there is one and try again.
    40. Everything is dark on my client. (picture)
      You are missing files probably, open your NCsoft launcher and let it update, if it doesn't start updating automatically hit file repair and when until it's done downloading completely. When it's done, apply the downgrade if there is one and try again.
    41. I just logged in and my character can't move but I can rotate the camera.
      Relog and try again, that fixes it.
    42. I reconnected after logging out and my character can't move and I can't click anything on the screen.
      Force shut down your client and restart it. That happens when you try reconnecting too fast after logging out, next time wait a minute before logging in again.
    43. Screenshots are not saving on \Aion\Screenshots\, where are they?
      They are in one of these folders depending on your Windows architecture:
      Code:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\NCSOFT\Aion\Screenshot (if 32bit)
      C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion\Screenshot (if 64bit)

This is caused by UAC (User Account Control) so to have them go to your normal Screeshot folder inside your Aion client, temporarily disable UAC by running the Gamez launcher as admin or if you want to disable it completely, download this, install it, restart your computer and try again.

*If you have a client problem where a crash error appears but you weren't able to fix it through this guide, go in your Aion folder, create a new folder, call it Aionlog and start the client again and let it crash. Once it crashes, close it and go inside your Aionlog folder, you will find a file called log.txt, PM a staff member sending them that file and telling them what problem you are getting and we will try to assist you further.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
    Takuro, Lier, Joze and 14 others like this.
  2. Jussel

Jussel Chibbi Hooman

im stuck at server selection and i need help thanks

Attached Files:

3. Atayris

Atayris Proficient

servers are offline

4. Jussel

Jussel Chibbi Hooman

oh!, sorry i didnt know,

5. Alvin

Alvin Proficient

Im stucked at server selection too

6. joel

joel New Member

after i enter my username and pw im stuck with this

Attached Files:

7. Bambieundies

Bambieundies ╥▌Funeral Director▌╥

servers are down lol. like an hour ago.

8. ImNotARobot

ImNotARobot New Member

all manastones and godstone have been removed from my item..

9. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Relog love.

ImNotARobot likes this.
  10. paoloakosuper

paoloakosuper New Member

i cant buy potion on npc...:(

11. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

This is a server side issue and not a client problem but oh well :p
    Which potion are you trying to buy?

12. Bambieundies

Bambieundies ╥▌Funeral Director▌╥

I guess he meant those superior elixirs from general goods merchant.

13. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Guess so too. I asked him though incase he found yet another batch of items that cannot be bought so that's YET another thing on the to-do list >.<

Bambieundies likes this.
  14. Slayvver

Slayvver New Member

I have a Problem

Aion(1023) Failed to set the graphic acceleration preferences. :(

15. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

For now all I could tell you is to update your graphic drivers which you claimed to have already done with no success, so let me do some research and I'll see what I can do for you.

16. doomthreed

doomthreed New Member

still wont let me delete a character... tried all the things it said to do.

17. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

What i Found I had to do was.... remove all I had on it, leave the legion if any. Restart my client. After login and at character screen start the deletion process. Go in game on a different toon wait for like 10mins then restart client or go back to character screen, character should be gone.

This should work.

18. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

What do you get after typing "Confirm Delete"? Do you get an error message, or nothing happens?

19. Obyzz

Obyzz da✮Mafia✮6ix

need help . . when I enter the game in five minutes palying I get the black screen. . the computer is not switched off, but with the screen in black can not do anything or go to the desktop, only thing I can do is turn off the computer lol ^^

20. Cutar

Cutar Getting there

LFG BUG?
    Aion0024.jpg