1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A Better GamezBD?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Jan 19, 2020.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

How would you like to change the server for the better?

Well I would like for a few changes to be made, for the quality-of-gamelife, as well as speding far less time for progression:

1. Increase worker effectiveness: Worker work-speed, Worker Value, Worker material-amount, Worker Special-amount, "thrash" weight 0,01 for all and increase worth to an average of minimum 300 silver per item.

2. Fix fishing and trading, and increase Trade limit to at least 500-Million Silver a day (preferably 1-Billion).

3. Add a Temporary Maximum Gear Value to ALL players while in a PvP-instance, be it Red Battle Field, Node-Wars, or Sieges.

4. Fix Horse-Experience gain rates to be as the webpage says or edit the webpage to what they really are.

5. Add the original-loot-tables for Balanos, Serendia, and Calpheon, specifically for the Main-hand Weapons that can be melted into Traces of ...

Is any of this possible @Kolka ?

Anyone else got an idea?

Toenail likes this.
  2. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

I agree with u there.

This suggestion has been told and answered a lot of times. I don't really accept it but Kolka says "Trading Lifeskill in GamezBD is not for making profit only to do quests if we remove limit ppl make infinite money out of it. There are ppl waiting us to remove the limit so they can create infinite money. So even we increase the limit it still won't solve your problem u will say 500kk is not enough or 1 bil is not enough eventually u will want us to remove it so no trading is only here for quests". This was a quick version of a loong discussion.

Can't say anything about fishing tho since we can make 300m per day while afk

Doesn't make sense it all. You can hit 550+ gear in weeks. If we have this in game what's the matter of grinding or trying to get better gear if we could just get temporary endgame gear for sieges ? I will just stop playing this game if this comes to the game no offense.) RBF part maybe but still

This was answered too. We have 3-4x horse exp rates but horse prices is 3x too so 9x-10x rates u can say. Probably won't do anything about it cuz increasing prices is better for trainers they spend less pearls for horses

I did not understand what u meant here can u explain ?

3. loboram

About Trade limit...I know that it MIGHT become a problem, but ONLY if they keep changing the Trade limit.
    I know @Kolka is very reluctant to change this value, and I do understand the reason...basically to limit how to play the game on GamezBD, he (Kolka and I suppose the rest of the Staff) wants players to be more actively online so that the server doesn't SEEM as if it is ONLY for *AFK-Players*, the superficial looks of how the server is populated is a much better attractor for new players apparently.

*AFK-Players* well the thing is that the CORE-GAME revolves around Keeping players online for as long as possible, so it doesn't make much sense to limit only ONE aspect like Trading, to make it more attractive to be Actively online...while sure they have decreased Horse-Training Several times now, and even boosted fishing, which just seems counter-intuitive, if the whole point is to make players more active...so my point is just this: IF they were to increase the Trading Daily limit, ONCE and lock it at 500-Million a day, which is NOT too high in comparison to Horse-Training and Fishing, then the WHOLE player-base would have ONE more option for staying here on our servers and playing the game by accomodating the type of players who prefer to Trade for their silver income, also let's face it...the amount of silver you can make by just making Imperial-Crafting or selling Fish or Imperial Delivery is EASILY in excess of those 200-million silver a day...so it is all in all an Extremely low limit that covers a FAR TOO WIDE area of income in-game.

I do not quite what you mean here...surely it is the same amount of Pearls spent no matter how quickly the Horses are leveled...however it is indeed a good idea to keep the amount of Pearl-income in step with the rate at which horses level up as well...now that makes sense :)

About the Original loot-tables...well not that long ago this game used to have really big loot tables for ALL of Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon...so you COULD effectively do SD-Party pretty much ANYwhere in the Game-World. The main-weapons can be Heated (through processing) to drop various Traces of...but because of the seemingly endless grief the main-streamers gave Pearl-Abyss about the Inventory management that obviously came along with the high amount of items looted early on in the game, they eventually bowed down to the mass-mind-mentality, and made the change to NO-item-loot-tables. Now we only get occasional sub-weapons and grey-"trash"-items with a high silver value instead of the original-loot-tables: https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/1877/bdo-guide-complete-guide-for-item-drop-locations

4. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

Well if horse exp will be 10x again and horse prices will go down then players could level up more horse in a day so they will spend more pearls for each horse but the system now i pretty good less leveled horses but high prices

I see, well Kolka and other devs won't change this kinda stuff in game cuz they want to make a game really similiar to retail

I agree with you like i said before i hope to see increase of limit but hardly believe they will change it

5. loboram

Yeah I get it...Difficult ask I know...but if I do not ask for the change it is not going to happen at all :)

About the Horse-rates I now get what the deal is...as I said towards the end of the sentence: "however it is indeed a good idea to keep the amount of Pearl-income in step with the rate at which horses level up as well...now that makes sense"

bsari004 likes this.
  6. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Well... It was a good thing to retail tho. And I don't think differently about the impact on Gamez. We have less players, I don't even see any competition on end game spots. Thank God Central Market nerfed SD and now people can choose between grind and lifeskill.

_Edit_
    I believe that's the patch:
    https://www.sea.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardNo=1743&countryType=en-US
    Sadly gamez don't change retail original systems. We could have a better server tho. I just wanted fishing events, but drop would probably come bugged. lol

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    loboram likes this.
  7. loboram

"...● Due to the revamp of the Cron Castle Monster Zone, the loot obtained from the monsters in the area have been changed like the below.
    - Items which cannot be obtained: Talis Gloves, Talis Shoes, Talis Helmet, Talis Armor, Zereth Gloves, Zereth Shoes, Zereth Helmet, Zereth Armor, Ancient Magic Crystal - Harphia, Estique Kunai, Estique Shuriken, Steel Dagger, Taritas Armor, Imp Captain Summon Scroll
    - Items which have changed quantity: Sturdy Shoes used to be found in 2 - 4 → Now fixed to 1

● Reduced and consolidated the type of items which can be obtained by defeating monsters at Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon.
    * The loot dropped by monsters in Black Desert were relevant to the monster that was defeated. You could obtain Sunrise Herb by defeating Tree Spirits or Rough Rubies by defeating Dwarf Miners. This allowed adventurers to know unique traits about each monster. However, this created an inconvenience to adventurers that were just starting out by filling their inventories.
    Therefore, we have reduced and consolidated loots dropped by monsters at Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon.
    * You can no longer obtain certain items from the following monsters.
    - Gray Fox: Cursed Fang
    - Balenos Bear: Sharp Fang
    - Young Tree Spirit: Sunrise Herb
    - Immature Tree Spirit: Sunrise Herb
    - Mature Tree Spirit: Sunrise Herb
    - Goblin Shaman: Rough Translucent Crystal
    - Goblin Watchtower: Ash Timber
    - Goblin Cauldron: Iron Ore
    - Goblin Giant Tower: Ash Timber
    - Goblin Giant Sculpture: Ash Timber
    - Goblin: Old Goblin Dagger, Rough Translucent Crystal
    - Goblin Fighter: Old Goblin Dagger, Rough Translucent Crystal
    - Goblin Elite Soldier: Old Goblin Dagger, Rough Translucent Crystal
    - Beetle: Dry Mane Grass, Fire Flake Flower
    - Kuku Bird: Kuku Bird Blood, Soft Kuku Bird Plume
    - Mine Imp: Rough Stone, Iron Ore
    - Mine Imp: Copper Ore
    - Barrel-Parasitic Bee: Pumpkin Seed, Pumpkin
    - Pouch-Parasitic Bee: Parasitic Bee Larva
    - Pumpkin Ghost: Trace of the Earth, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Seed
    - Scarecrow Ghost: Wheat Seed, Maple Timber
    - Wheat Field Lookout: Wheat Seed, Wheat
    - Scarecrow Ghost: Maple Timber
    - Altar Imp: Pig Hide
    - Altar Imp Fighter: Wolf Hide
    - Young Altar Imp: Pig Hide
    - Altar Imp Food Wagon: Maple Timber
    - Imp Flag: Copper Ore
    - Altar Imp Barracks: Maple Timber
    - Strong Altar Imp Trainer: Wolf Hide
    - Swamp Hermit Crab: Fortune Teller Mushroom
    - Fan Flamingo: Flamingo Blood, Flamingo Plume
    - Poisonous Swamp Plant: Fortune Teller Mushroom, Arrow Mushroom
    - Toxic Thorn Tentacle: Fire Flake Flower
    - Black Thorn Tentacle: Fire Flake Flower
    - Red Thorn Tentacle: Fire Flake Flower
    - Fan Flamingo Nest: Maple Timber
    - Red Thorn Tentacle: Fortune Teller Mushroom, Arrow Mushroom
    - Black Thorn Tentacle: Fortune Teller Mushroom, Arrow Mushroom
    - Rebel Barricade: Maple Timber
    - Small Salamander: Lizard Blood, Lizard Hide
    - Longtail Salamander: Lizard Blood, Lizard Hide
    - Triangle Head Lizard: Lizard Blood, Lizard Hide
    Big Bush Spider: Viscous Liquid
    - Big Horn Triangle Head Salamander: Lizard Blood, Lizard Hide
    - Mudster: Rough Mud Crystal, Tattered Boots
    - Mudster Swamp: Rough Mud Crystal
    - Fogan Food Depot: Poorly Trimmed Hide
    - Red Orc Fighter: Lizard Meat
    - Red Orc Berserker: Lizard Meat
    - Firebreathing Orc Cannon: Cannonball
    - Orc Large Cauldron: Copper Ore
    - Orc Mushroom Brazier: Rough Stone
    - Red Orc Hut: Maple Timber, Fragrant Jerky
    - Scary Salamander: Lizard Blood, Lizard Hide
    - Trained Wolf: Wolf Blood, Wolf Hide
    - Dwarf Miner: Rough Ruby, Silver Ore
    - Catfishman: Polished Opal
    - Catfishman Fisher: Polished Opal
    - Otter Fisher: Polished Opal
    * Items obtained from the following monsters have been changed.
    - Goblin Watchtower: Broken Wooden Fragment → Broken Goblin Amulet
    - Goblin Cauldron: Rusty Iron Shard → Broken Goblin Amulet
    - Goblin Giant Tower: Broken Wooden Fragment → Broken Goblin Amulet
    - Goblin Giant Sculpture: Broken Wooden Fragment → Broken Goblin Amulet
    - Barrel-Parasitic Bee: Parasitic Bee Larva → Pumpkin Vine
    - Imp Pigpen: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Thorn Tentacle Nest: Viscous Liquid → Withered Plant Stem
    - Rebel Supply: Rebel Supplies Box → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Rebel Barricade: Rebel Barricade → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Rebel Barracks: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Rebel Flag: Copper Ore → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Rebel Watchtower: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Acid Spider Den: Rough Stone → Cobweb
    - Naga Guard Tower: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Naga Hut: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Fogan Defense Tower: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Fogan Amulet: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Fogan Archer Dugout: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Fogan Food Depot: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Swamp Fogan Giant Tower: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Cultist Stone Statue: Rough Stone → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Cultist Stone Statue: Copper Ore → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Firebreathing Orc Cannon: Iron Ore → Orc's Red Mushroom
    - Red Orc Barricade: Maple Timber → Orc's Red Mushroom
    - Red Orc Shamanic Cauldron: Copper Ore → Orc's Red Mushroom
    - Red Orc Hut: Lizard Meat → Orc's Red Mushroom
    - Red Orc Giant Altar: Maple Timber → Orc's Red Mushroom
    - Red Orc Prison: Maple Timber → Orc's Red Mushroom
    - Bandit Watchtower: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Bandit Amulet: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Log Lightning Trap: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Briar Lightning Trap: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Trap: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Bandit Hut: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Bandit Round Hut: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    - Bandit Large Watchtower: Maple Timber → Broken Wooden Fragment
    * Chances to obtain fish from the following monsters have been decreased.
    - Swamp Naga: Chance to obtain Carp -83%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -90%
    - Swamp Naga Apprentice Spearman: Chance to obtain Carp -83%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -90%
    - Swamp Fogan: Chance to obtain Carp -83%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -90%
    - Swamp Fogan Lookout: Chance to obtain Carp -83%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -75%
    - Catfishman Fisher: Chance to obtain Trout -95%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -95%
    - Catfishman Elite Fisher: Chance to obtain Trout -95%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -95%
    - Otter Fisher: Chance to obtain Trout -90%, chance to obtain Crucian Carp -95%..."

Yeah this was the first of many more changes to the loot tables...But as you can see at the end of this list...The Catfishmen STILL dropped Fish back then...So this is the First loot-table change...they did at least two more...now we get ZERO items from most of the monsters in Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon (a bit more)...of course we did get the trade off from no items or Trade-items instead we get grey-items "trash" in other words, with a MUCH higher silver value.

I get that it might seem like a really good change but...Still it limits the ENTIRE game-world for ALL players, leaving at least 1/3 of the WORLD nearly useless to most players...the only time they will gothere is to do the Main-Story-Quest-Line...afterwards they have NO incentive to go back there AT ALL.

IF we could somehow convince the Upper-Management of GamezBD, that they would get an AMAZING player boost, once they implement the Original-Loot-Tables again, then maybe...just maybe (not likely) we might get some sort of change to the loot-tables...me personally I love doing this sort of work, making changes to an almost endless list of monsters and the items they could drop :D

8. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Sadly we can't... Day by day we're getting closer from the retail experience. We could have tons of things running differently, we also have tons of players giving good advices, but yet they don't care.
    The other day I just saw Noyah reading through Aion posts and accepting a suggestion, since now she's co-adm. Than I sent her a message asking if she could read suggestions from bdo as well, but never got a reply...
    We can't talk about those things with Kolka because he will call you names and tell you to play retail instead, if you don't get a ban as well.
    Carl is impossible to reach... I even tried to apply to the staff because I wanted to help the brazilian community with an official support, but after posting I realized that my spell checker changed a lot AND the apply section was exclusive to Aion.
    Pearl Abyss is working hard to get their players back. And it's working... It's sad to see Gamez as it is right now. BDO GameZ never got the chance to have the honor and name that GameZ Aion had... Sad.

loboram likes this.
  9. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

According to trading limits. Please not that, they were set while incomes were much lower. Atm 500mil or 1kkk daily from trading is literaly nothing, so i dont see the point choking life skills with 200m limit...
    Also have that in mind that server population is getting lower and lower. Grinding 24/7 start to get boring, life skills like gathering are not that lucrative as they were some time ago because of caphras changes. Horse exp is low as hell.

loboram likes this.
  10. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

I trade on retail and don't make "unlimited" income. It's just as hard a grind as AFK fishing if not harder, and when you use a mini elephant it's certainly not AFK so I don't understand Kolka's alleged reasoning at all!

However it's good to know that trading isn't part of the lifeskills scene. I'll have to get my jollies elsewhere I guess as trading is sort of my thing. The idea of doing SD etc for silver is anathema to me lol.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    loboram likes this.
  11. loboram

Unfortunately you are all too right about this...However I do not think we know what "legal-deal" was made in order to make GamezBD a Legal Project. MAYBE they HAVE to make the game as close to Retail as possible for legal reasons...we do not know, although I have to say that doing so will only make our servers bleed-out players, since most of them want a PRIVATE Server experience, with custom content and mechanics, because otherwise; "Why on Earth play on a buggy and MUCH less populated Server?"
    Once again, I do think they care...but it is difficult to gain traction here on the "old-school" communication such as a forum, since nowadays most use Telegram (used to be Discord) for community communication. If we want our community to change we HAVE to gain an enormous amount of votes on a suggestion in here (the forum), OR have a near constant flow of complaints on Telegram (that is how it was done back when we had Discord) to make some changes. I seriously think that it is due to the lack of interest, as in there are nearly NO players posting like crazy on the suggestions that most of the community wants, which leads the staff to think that it is only a handful of players who want the changes made...not most of the community.
    Wow...I am sorry that ANYone has had that kind of interaction with him, but when you think about it...I mean look at the situation from his point of view; Constantly answering the SAME questions over and OVER again, and then most of the time it is really NOT up to him at all, but something that the Head-of-the-Staff (or all of them agreeing on) has to okay. I ran into an EXTREMELY rude staffmember WAAAY back when I first joined this community, and screenshot the answer I recieved from the developer, which was REALLY toxic, then I sent it into the Reports Section, and I actually got an answer from Noyah apologizing and even told me (about a week or so afterwards) that the person had been "terminated" (fired). So I am very grateful for her answer and attitude, which makes me think that although Kolka CAN be short-fused at times, he has NEVER been as horrible as the previous person, so hopefully if people feel like REALLY screwed over by him, they CAN Report it, BUT they NEED a Screenshot.
    Yeah...I know right! It is most likely because he is the HEAD of the whole dang thing...He is probably swamped in work, as well as trying to maintain a Real-Life away from work.
    Kudos for this idea, I also wanted to be part of the Staff, BUT I have some bi-polar like behavior, which means that I would not be able to work sometimes for several months.
    Really hope you get to be part of the Brazil Staff though, since -although we had a rough start- I do think that you really want to help our community :)

Jujuba likes this.
  12. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

We have 3-4x avg horse exp and horse prices 3x so we have kinda 9-10x avg rate and believe me it is better then just 10x exp cuz ppl spend less pearls cuz u level up less horse but sell it to high prices

13. Archtyr

Archtyr New Member

Wait a moment where do you get those numbers?.
    The avg horse exp is 2--3x and we have pretty much the same prices as retail.

Here you go , SS taken today : a female T8 courser with both breeds gone selling for 733kk on retail , while on Gamez a similar horse sells between 700-800kk.

2020-02-03_1175065833.JPG

loboram likes this.
  14. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

Hmmm numbers from kolka