1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guide Avoid Character Rollback on server restarts

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by FuRiouS, Mar 20, 2018.

1. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Apparently server restarts may roll your character back to your last log in (channel or character swap). This may happen at even given time as there is no scheduled restarts or maintenance time in place here, the GMs just shut the server down whenever they choose giving us only in game notices a few minutes warning (if that).

To avoid this frustration you may wish to make it a habit to swap channels or between characters often and ALWAYS do a swap before going full afk mode just in case the server goes down while you are at work/school/sleep.

Hopefully they will figure out whats causing the character rollbacks and put a stop to it as this game is built around keeping your character logged in 24/7 and restarts should NEVER warrant a rollback/lost progress!

So far I have noticed most all restarts and or maintenance being in the morning times 8 to 11 AM Eastern (EST).
    There have been some afternoon/evening restarts on Friday to kick in weekend bonuses as well.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Wish I knew this sooner.

3. Sisko

Sisko New Member

If this is the case, which I have never seen before, then this server is not worth playing this game on. One of the MAJOR functions of BDO is AKFing. AFK training, AFK processing etc.... So if you have to be sitting at your computer every time that the servers are restarted to save your progress then what is the point?

Now that I have gotten my frustrations out, if you always restart client before going AFK for work/bed this would hopefully only impact that AFKing. However, if you are caught off guard by a server restart and loose 12, 18 or 24 hours of gameplay because of this that is a huge problem. I know this is not retail and that Gamez is doing a great job but this never ever occurred on retail and I had months of AKFing there.

Would appreciate a GM to comment on if this is a reality of playing on this server.

4. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

No, the sudden rollbacks are definitely not the reality of this server. And yes, that's right, there is a problem, it has been forwarded to the devs and it's being investigated.

FuRiouS likes this.
  5. Sisko

Sisko New Member

Thank you very much Noyah. That definitely puts my concerns to rest.

FuRiouS likes this.