1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bullying is happening

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, May 17, 2018.

?

Is it alright for the GamezBD community to allow Bullying (despite having rules against it)?

Poll closed Jun 17, 2018.
  1. Sure it is alright to bully people because they are just so easy to upset

23.3%
  2. No of course it is not alright to bully (or harm) anyone especially because this is a game

76.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

This is just a measure of how the things are on our community in regards to this problem: Bullying

With this poll I hope to get a sense of how many people are using the forums and of course how many people answer in agreement with the intolerant-childish and literally idiotic way of behaving. Yeah I really do not think that any harm has to come to anyone on our community since all it requires is a firm and quick response from the Staff of GamezBD, once enough idiots have felt the punishment for their dumbarse behavior they will either (and hopefully) leave our community or figure out a way to be less in punishment. REALLY easy solution just use the tools at your disposal and do not waver when you know without a doubt that these people will do and say anything afterwards to not recieve the punishment, therefor it is also imperative that EVERYONE takes a screenshot of the offending chat and/or spawn camping/endless PK before reporting the problem.

*Edited: I had to add this bit because nowadays people do not read what the words say but instead try to interpret what they mean; THIS IS NOT ABOUT some specific Guild or Person, nor is it about Player Killing/Spawncamping, these two things were just mentioned as examples because it is a way to make sure another person is not enjoying their game as well as making them not want to play that game/server again.
    **Edited: I forgot to add this; For the people saying that: "this is not a problem, grow thicker skin, stop whining and crying, just block/ignore/mute", you have not understood what this is about and I rather think that you will not even if I try to explain it to you. This is a game made for enjoyment and fun so is this server and community, if you seriously think that that involves you being able to treat other people in the game as if they aren't real people, like shaite and repeatedly keep doing it, then you should just leave our server and community all together because then you might as well play somewhere else where the management care more about the income.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. SaooH

SaooH New Member

Sigh, you know that BDO is a PVP game right? If this is a game, stop taking what they do so seriously would be an easy retort to your claim.

Your poll is disgustingly biased and has no merit along with your discussion, though I would hardly even call it a discussion.

klaudis likes this.
  3. loboram

I took me a while before I realized that I might as well try to talk about this since you have now offered to do so, the reason it took me time is just that the thought of trying to yet again to make a simple statement that may be more than simpleminded people can take is something that I thought I was done with.

So lets look at your reply for a moment; "...you know that BDO is a...game right?"
    Sure I do but apparently no one has told you what game means yet, try looking it up it might blow your mind to learn that game is something fun that people enjoy and has nothing to do with competition or being a harmful person.
    This next bit is puzzling; "Your poll is disgustingly biased and has no merit along with your discussion, though I would hardly even call it a discussion"
    Sorry if my post confused you but if you read it you may find out that there is no discussion to be had here, at no time do I ask for one or suggest that others should.
    A person is harmful when their actions cause grief or a negative experience of a game that should otherwise be fun and enjoyable.

I made this post because I wanted to see how many people use the forums and how they all feel about our community becoming just like retail's lack of consequences for dumbarse players ruining the gaming experience for others. Here we have an actual possibility removed from profit and income so this community could easily take a stand against people who "troll" and ruin this wonderful game for others.

4. Nyaon2

Nyaon2 New Member

I find the word BULLY to be a strong term. If they have a troll that mught have upset a big guild that perma war (the bullying) I believe it's the small guilds fault. Can't just upset someone and then claim that you are getting bullied when you face the consequences. Bullying with no real reason is a problem but if the bullied guild made that situation on their own, even perma war makes sense. Also this is a pvp based game so you can kinda expect this. Don't piss off stronger guilds (sometimes there are sacrifices but what can I say it is a PVP GAME)

notVoided, xMovingTarget and n0tl0c like this.
  5. Nyaon2

Nyaon2 New Member

Or how about making like an Olvia server for newer players? Like they get access for a certain amount of time and make it only pve. Maybe this can help them catch up to the higher geared players and be more competitive and in result have more fun :D

Sent from my SM-G930S using Tapatalk

loboram likes this.
  6. Villain

Villain Proficient

I read your post 3 times and I still don't understand what your saying. People have a right to be idiots, just don't let it bother you.

letsyoudie, SaooH and Nyaon2 like this.
  7. SaooH

SaooH New Member

Just another salted post. If he actually wanted to be serious and try and solve the issue he brought up, it could easily of been said in a better way.

8. n0tl0c

n0tl0c New Member

Who is harming you? Its a game you piss some one off they want to get even. You are only hurting yourself no one can hurt you though a computer screen.

As for ruining the gaming experience it can go both ways and the reason for getting "bullied" is from the bullied ruining/lessening the gaming experience of the "bully".

Welcome to BDO, you will suffer the consequences.

9. loboram

Look I am sorry to say this but your reply to my post is only about speculating about this guild or that guild and who did what, this is as stated about bullying and how our community wants the GamezBD staff to deal with the situation:
    1. As it is now where the impact of punishment for breaking the rules is not felt among the people who are suffering because of other player's harassment and/or bullying.
    2. Or if the community would rather have a policy with no exceptions so if you repeatedly break the server rules in this manner (5 times within a time-period) you will not only be banned for up to a month but could actually lose all your progress and account as in permanently banned.

10. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

just.... /facepalm

11. Nyaon2

Nyaon2 New Member

I don't understand what bullying you are talking about. It seems to me that peopel are just getting butthurt real easily and spamming complaints when they installed and joined the server. If they want the game with no PVP, that makes no sense because PVP is the core of the game(i believe). The mods don't need to step up where there is no need.

Its kind of like joining a FPS then getting mad because someone keeps sniping you. Will you report for bullying then? Oh he is better than me and I am getting sniped, please ban him for bullying! I think your post makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
  12. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

This is a pvp/pve game, with the largest part of it being pvp. That being said, I do not personally like pvp either, but I understand there are ways to get around it when you don't feel like dealing with it. Wars are part of the pvp system. Killing due to wars or fighting for a grind spot is not bullying. You have three choices of where you want to respawn, and can even use a lower leveled alt to get your stuff done while someone wants to fight. This game was designed in a way that there is always a way to get things done. You just have to want to look for it and do it. With all of that in mind, if there is any true bullying going on, contact a staff member with proof and it will be dealt with accordingly.

13. Zirael

Zirael Getting there

Someone call a bullyhunter

xMovingTarget and Nyaon2 like this.
  14. quietess

quietess New Member

Since BDO is a PvP-type game, defining "Bullying" can be an extremely hard thing to do.
    There are a few situations that could happen over the course of the game that I'll later categorize into what I believe to be the difference between bullying and just playing the game.

1) A guild kill on sighting a specific person, this happened on BDO for a while when a streamer had done something controversial, I'm not here to start a debate about whether or not what he did was true or just a meme so I'm leaving the name out, and a guild had been camping specifically this guy for about a week straight. They stream sniped him and killed him at every grind spot.

2) Kill on sighting a guild, this happens often. One of the absolutely biggest examples is probably FML putting "KoS" the guild on kill on sight. Or if you're new here and just from retail, how ManUp has kill on sight on every guild in the Vertex alliance. If you're from EU, Enemy puts kill on sight on anybody that drops on their region for that entire week.

3) Whispering somebody rude things, fairly simple, someone says something you don't like or they killed you in your rotation.

4) Having your entire guild show up to a grind spot because someone took your rotation

5) Having your entire guild whisper a person rude things for stealing your grind spot or whatever.

6) Following a guild from node war to node war and installing spies in the other guild. Cough Vertex cough.

Let's go ahead and categorize these now:

Bullying:
    Kill on sight a specific person - yes this is bullying, you are specifically targeting a person, and following them from place to place. Could also sometimes apply to one person and not a guild if the person is being stream sniped or something.
    Having your entire guild whisper a person rude things - this is just targetted harassment. It's an endless onslaught of bullshit when some guilds have 60+ members.

Not bullying:
    Kill on sighting a guild - not bullying, it's a core part of the game. If you don't like being at war all the time, then this game is more than just about PvP. The game of guilds is based on dipolmacy, work it out with the other guild or your members will work it out with you and leave.
    Whispering somebody rude thing - just block them my dude wtf, if it escalates past that, then it's an issue for admins and it is bullying.
    Having your entire guild show up to a grind spot - this is a part of the game, if you can't match them with members from your own guild then the spot is taken. Get over it.
    Following a guild from node war to node war and installing spies in their guild - this is a mechanic of the game, diplomacy is the name. Deal with it yourself, you should be more careful about who you let into your guild and either work out what's wrong with the other guild or get good.

Nyaon2 likes this.
  15. loboram

It seems that with every new reply to my post people are reading less and less of the Original Post and by only reading the last post you do not understand what this is about :)

Lareldal thanks for joining in but as I stated above this is not what this post is about at all, this is about how people in our community feel about it and about how many will actually go to the forum and participate. I just want to address the situation that I have had in my face ever since I joined this community, that harassment as well as bullying is essencially the same thing as ruining the player's gaming experience which there is a direct rule against in the server rules section of this community: "While playing Gamez... you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass or threaten other players." (http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/server-rules.87934/)

Long and interesting post but again not at all what I meant when I posted my first message, this has once more NOTHING to do with someone specific or some guild or other, this has also NOTHING to do with BDO being PvP game or not, this is only about how some people are feeling treated badly and that they think there is nothing to do on this private server for lack of rules and enforcement.

Basically if you are reading this post instead of the first one then this post is about why anyone would be stupid enough to let some people act like little-spoiled-rich-brats on our community if there is a direct way to deal with it using this very community, simply take a SCREENSHOT or video of the problem you have and then report it in the report player section (http://forum.gameznetwork.com/forums/player-reports.403/).

I am really happy about the rewritten server rules section thanks a bunch for that Gamez-Staff and I do so hope that this will be over soon; I mean the ridicules amount of complaints coming from obvious "abusers" all about how their rights will be violated if they are not able to behave as they wish in this game, to which I can only say once again; This is a game if that term is confusing then please look it up, games are made to have fun more than anything else. So any and all of your complaints about not being able to say or do whatever you want to (little-spoiled-rich-brats) are completely mute since it is really up to the community what kinda game we want here, if we want what ALL other MMO-games suffer from a bunch of dumbarses ruining things for others or if we actually want an enjoyable gaming atmosphere?

Yeah I already know that many of these "abusers" are going to say this will effectively end their enjoyment of the game but essentially this is not a battle between "good and evil" nor is it about one group against another, it is a simple request for the understanding of the concept game and how to let other people enjoy it which is basic respect: "Do not frag with others and thou shalln't be fragged with" or so is the hope if everyone agrees to not behave like little-spoiled-rich-brats in the game unless it is towards their own guildies or friends (I think) things should be less bad for everyone else.

16. klaudis

klaudis New Member

first of all, there is quite a bit of bullying in your first post in the thread, so thats kind of ironic. but i suppose it depends on what you consider bullying.
    i am surprised you still havent precisely defined what that is.

you guys gave a couple specific examples, where things that you didnt like were done, but i couldnt find any definition beyond that, so?

17. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

It seems someone brought this up again :)

18. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

spawncamping/PK is not bullying. The person getting killed always has the option to spawn at town / change the channel. If you get spawnkilled, you decide to get spawnkilled.

19. loboram

Gotta say that you are the first one to actually notice so thanks and yeah it is very much on purpose since the people doing these things online in-game seem to think that it is only other people who are "thin skinned, cannot take the heat, crying and whining about nothing" so I thought why not just use this sort of language to make them understand a bit better, unfortunately since kids rarely ever read something in its entirety this has not been the case here otherwise they would have understood the first post which they obviously did not :)

Actually this is a good answer and as far as simple logic goes of course I agree with you, however since this has nothing to do with Player Killing (PK'ing) or Spawncamping (waiting for a player to resurrect only to kill them over and over). This is what the first post says it is :)

20. Proto

Proto New Member

BoOli gild

Nyaon2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.