1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Caphras are a slippery slope

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MFDOOM, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

As of right now caphras are the most useful, useless item - if that makes sense. And the caphras market overall is quite messy.

Yes we can use them to enhance items to stats of the next tier (TRI to TET / TET to PEN) but we cannot force enhance to next tier. I don't really understand the purpose of why the exchange NPC was added. Why give us an easier way to obtain caphras if we cannot force enhance to next tier? Was it solely intended to be a pearl/money sink?

They are a slippery slope because devs can't do anything right now with them without throwing some part of GameZ economy to shit.

1. If the exchange was to be removed, the demand for them would skyrocket. People hoarding thousands of them would be at a great advantage.
    2. If they're left unchecked, when central MP hits the price will drop drastically - killing the market for them even more. What sucks about this is that it also effects gathering income (even right now).
    3. If we're allowed to force enhance to TET/PEN, then we add to the current issue of the market being flooded with PEN items.

My suggestion:

• Remove the exchange of artisan memory to caphras
    • Allow us to force enhance caphras to TET alone and sell on MP (but being able to enhance to PEN stats)

In the early days of GameZBD making 5-7b was quite easy, now it's gotten a bit harder. New players would more likely be able to afford and buy TET weapons and armor. Once the TET items hit the market they'll be bought fast. Personally id rather try my luck enhancing from TRI to PEN then having to deal with anything below TRI seeing how weird FS are on Gamez.

• This will force more caphras to be bought as they become more useful - there won't be 500k of them sitting on the market.
    • Furthermore this will help new players get geared, preparing them for PvP which is something a lot of us have been asking for.
    • 3rd I realize this will add a sizeable amount of silver back into the economy, well the people making silver off selling TET or the caphras they were hoarding may now beable to buy PEN gear, solving another issue. The way i see it, 1000x caphras sell for almost the same amount as a TET piece of gear anyways.
    • and lastly no solution to caphras right now would be 100% flawless, but i believe this would solve most of the main problems as well as other underlining issues.

As i said before i don't know why the caphras exchange was added, i only recently started GameZBD again about 3 weeks ago. But i think right now caphras are in a bad spot, and if left unchecked they will become really bad.

2. Nereus

Nereus New Member

Why would you even want to waste a lot of caphras to force enhance when you get get TET with 45+FS and PEN with 50+?

Liksi likes this.
  3. stormshatow

stormshatow New Member

I think he has a point and is not looking at it as a point of view of forcing the enhancement to the next level being TET or PEN but more towards the economy. Get rid of the vendor bit tall guy, bring back the force enhance with Caphras and we obtain them the way retail has it, by gathering, killing mobs and so on. It will put more into finding them instead of just buying them. If players start to gather and sell them it will keep the economy moving and productive. Just a thought.

marsseven and MFDOOM like this.
  4. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

That is not the main point, the main issue at hand is caphras themselves basically being free.

5. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Caphras viability through Kolka NPC have finished killing GameZ.
    I'm leader of a guild focused on PvE and it's shocking to see how many old players has quit because of it. And how easy is to new players quit for finding too hard to get at full PEN having gathering as their only incoming. And now it gets worse, because gathering is only for selling hard/sharp shards... It sucks.
    I'm here just waiting for the next update with Shai's Talent and Great Ocean update. Let's see how many bugs we'll find, because this is also a thing for anyone to quit.

6. Liksi

Liksi New Member

That's where you guys are doing it wrong, selling hards and sharps for money? That's only if you're already overflowing with hards and sharps and failstacks. Fastest way of making money is to enhance. Your boys have to change their way and look for alternatives cuz I've seen people recently climb to full pen if a month or two. If they are not willing to stick that long they are gonna be quitting anyways. If they are new, should accept the fact that it is gonna take time, get killed by a high GS player so what? You are new.

7. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

Not everyone is comfortable enhancing, you do realize a lot of people quit retail because they don't understand or don't want to deal with the RNG gear enhance system? Trust me, there's no player that plays BDO for the enhancing. GameZ does have higher rates, but throwing a bigger number at something doesn't always mean it's better.

and i'll reiterate the point of the thread again because it seems it keeps getting missed: caphras basically being free creates a lot of problems. the problem will only continue to get worse, and caphras will further delay central MP.

Jujuba likes this.
  8. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

\/
    /\ This.
    Also... Nobody wants to make money enhancing things. I mean... This is the first problem to a new player quit: the enhancement system.

9. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

How is making money related to making PEN's which you won't be able to sell unless you pay someone few weeks of prem to buy it?

Jujuba likes this.
  10. Liksi

Liksi New Member

Certain PEN weapons sell without you paying gamez or prem. Accessory making the is the money maker, you enhance, you get FS for accessories. Selling a PEN weapon is just a bonus.

If you do not want to enhance there are other ways. Sure SD doesn't give much but you choose to do it because for you it sucks. It is your choice to do the inefficient way. Nothing in life is fair.

1. They have already confirmed that Central MP is not coming. Every game needs a money sink and this old MP system is very good for this high rate server.
    2. Everyone has access to caphras thru artisan exchange. If you remove it now, what happens to the new people who's just joining the server? They're left without option and we're back to the old days where SD gave so much money and when changed it the new people struggled to catch up. If you take out Kolka, the only person that would be able to afford caphras are the silver rich people. You still have to gather and enhance to make silver to just buy caphras.

Lets be honest, caphras supply came from gathering not from grinding.

11. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

PEN items are not the issue of this topic or even this server - i sincerely don't know why you're so caught up on it.

It's a poor money sink if anything, and it only catches those who do not know any better. Guarantee you someone who is new to GameZBD doesn't expect force enhance for caphras to be removed.

I gave solutions to the issue of people holding onto caphras, i thought they were good solutions considering it solves a few issues this server has - it's weird to me that you're defending a blatant P2W feature. Call it whatever you want, the AM to caphras is P2W and it has caused more people to quit than anything else.