1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chanter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Albatross, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Albatross

Albatross Jus Primae Noctis

so we have got all stigmas, thats fair if people like to play like that.
    but i would like to get use of all my skills aswell. as we know chanters got alot of buffs.
    but still i have 3 buffs that i cannot use at all time.
    Rage spell , Word of instigation, Word of inspiration, Ascension spell and Blessing of wind.
    The buffs were never all meant to be activated at the same time, cause of the diffrent stigma trees,
    so i can only have 2 of them on. i can cheat it and use rage spell as 3rd skill, for the duration of the first 2 buffs. (2nd buff must be blessing of wind)
    i see this as a huge problem when all other classes have no limit for how many buffs they can stack at once and chanters are all about the buffs.
    make chanters able to stack aswell ?
    Or remove all stigmas ?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. Kabylake

Kabylake Getting there

3. Albatross

why not ? it would only be fair.
    that chanters can use all the there skills aswell.

4. Kabylake

Kabylake Getting there

becoz it op olready and will be more op if that happens :D

5. Albatross

i dont see why chanters cant ? but everyone else can
    its only a 75% att buff total

6. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

SW can't use all the mvt buffs at the same time (they can currently due to a bug but whatever)
    rangers can't use bf/fs/dodging/aiming buffs at the same time
    temp dmg reduction skills such as iron skin, emp providence, 50k shield don't stack
    no reflect buffs on any class stack
    defence prep and slaughter don't stack
    sm atk speed debuffs don't stack
    sm sympathetic mind and spirit's empowerment don't stack (the most direct comparison to ascension spell and word of inspiration)
    and so on, it's supposed to be situational choices or some shit like that, even tho word of instigation is just a superior version of word of inspiration

7. Albatross

i fail to see the diffrence. the skills im talking about are all stigmas.
    rangers still can use all the extra traps they get. all the stigmas. BF is not a stigma anymore. since 4.x
    sorc can still use all the stigma buffs.
    Sin, glad, gun, tech and cleric can use the stigmas.
    (Talking stigma skills not normal skills)

8. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

why would u wanna stack Word of instigation with word of inspiration when one is better then other and ascension spell is the buff for 1 on 1 situations so u wont need to use word of instigation or word of inspiration
    and blessing of wind u should be able to use with either of them skills but u cant use instigation or inspiration when ascension spell is up cos ascension spell is higher stats then instigation and inspiration

and if u want all the skills to be activated at once ur delusional cos not all classes can do it Sms cant use both BGs at once Templars cant use all there damage reducing skills at once techs cant use both shields at once rangers cant use all there buffs at once sins cant use all there dodging and resist skills at once, u get the point????
    the reason its done like this on chanter is cos some are for team PvP the other is for single man Pvping

why wouldn't u just wanna use all ur mantras at once if u really wanted to use all ur skills to stack with all the mentioned and be a walking tank that heals runs super fast and hits like a tank

Kizumii likes this.
  9. Albatross

Then why give full stigmas, if people can not use them. might be unbalanced but thats how it is with full stigma.
    Templars skills cannot stack. but they cannot be on at all time as chanters can. would be the same as remove other classes benefit from the full stigma.
    and now when they are all att buffs. they will not be a running tank.

mentras is a normal skill. not ment to be stacked more then 3 (4total). Stigmas are not ment to be there all at the same time. the only class there really lose on this is chanter.

10. Muamon

Muamon - Myśtîçãł

Okay, I'm playing chanter for almost 3 years now and I'm trying to understand what you want to be done. You're saying that these buffs should stack? Nope, they don't stack anywhere.

Rage Spell, you can use it whenever you want, the buff is basically for 1v1 moments when you need to kill another player. If you're planning to heal - you remove it.

Word of Instigation > Word of Inspiration. Basically 2 skills to buff your group. I don't see a point of using Word of Inspiration when Word of Instigation is a lot better.

Ascension Spell was a buff used by chanters while Word of Instigation wasn't implemented. It's still a useful buff in 1v1, but in no way it can stack with the others.

Blessing of Wind, what's wrong with it? You can use it whenever you want just like Rage Spell.

Concerning mantras, you can use only 3 mantras, 4 mantras appear when you are in a group with another chanter and that chanter is using a different mantra. You can't use all of them yourself.

So let me be clear, Word of Instigation, Word of Inspiration and Ascencion Spell are both of the same kind, but that does not mean they should stack. One is better than the other, buffs with better stats replace buffs with lower stats. Just because you have all stigmas that does not mean you will be able to stack the skills, if all classes were able to stack their buffs of the same kind, they would be completely broken . You're basically asking to make your class broken and way too over powered which won't happen and I explained why above. You have all stigmas, but you are not forced to use all of them or place them in your skillbar, it is your choice. You need to know what you will need in PvP/PvE and use it.

Kizumii and crystalize like this.
  11. Albatross

Lumiel got full stigmas in 5.0
    Chanters are the only class not able to use all the skills.
    i see this as a problem. the reason they dont stack, is cause they were never intended to be in the skill bar at the same time.
    fair enough that people like to play with full stigmas. but then the stigmas should be changed so they can be used at the same time. else they lose the value of the full stigmas

12. Muamon

Muamon - Myśtîçãł

@Grrr gave you useful information which says that chanters are not the only class that cannot stack skills.
    As I said, just because it is full stigma, it does not mean all of your skills are supposed to stack. The goal of full stigma is you having all skills, not being able to stack all of them and then walk like a fortress. Chanter works as it should. The only problem chanter has with is acceleration cheer, which shouldn't be used on yourself.

13. Albatross

so if they cannot stack, i dont get any use of the stigmas. so why have full stigmas if they are not useble

14. Grrr

You can easily get all the buffs you mentioned on a stigma server, all you have to do is put word of inspiration, healing burst and blessing of rock, standard support stigmas.
    It's retarded to have 3 identical buffs boosting the same stats & with permanent uptime. The only reason they didn't delete all the "inferior" versions and leave just 1 is because some of those can be used at earlier levels and so DPS chanters can slot word of inspiration for a slightly weaker party buff without sacrificing 3 stigma slots for instigation. So if you can't use 3 buffs at the same time you'd rather lose half your attack/support skills? nig that's dumb

15. Albatross

temp dmg reduction skills such as iron skin, emp providence, 50k shield don't stack
    but they all are been used. so they give the longest amout of shielding, so they extend each other.

16. cocosul

cocosul Guest

Full stigma mean 1 thing, the game mechanics mean something else. This is how the skills are supposed to work,it is not about full stigma or not.

17. Albatross

But it is. if some classes benefits more from the full stigma system.
    thats not balanced or fair. all i ask is for it to be tweaked so it dosnt benefit anyone more thean others
    or removed it balanced is not possible.
    Going to full stigma system removes the game mechanics, and make it to whats most OP, who can spam most DPS, stun the most etc, game mechanics gone

18. cocosul

cocosul Guest

i m not sure if you rlly know which are stigma skills and which not. The full stigma system only unlock all the stigma, the skills mech are the same.

19. Grrr

And chanter is one of them. Glads, rangers, gunslingers and sins just get more attack skills, sms get useless pet skills.. Meanwhile CHANTERS/temps/clerics/sw/at/sorc get defence AND offence skills. Are you really gonna whine about not having 3 PERMANENT identicall buffs while ignoring the fact you have support buffs and attack skills that you shouldn't?

20. Albatross

I know which are stigmas and which are not, and that the mechanics are working as intended
    but the full stigma has "uninteded" consequences, when certain skill don't stack and yet other classes' skills do.
    This heavily benefits a few classes, and undermines others
    some classes have all the CC and the burst avalible,
    but here chanter you just get a heal and a shield.