1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cron Stones ''fixed'' and Failstacks.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by victortasquin, Apr 3, 2017.

1. victortasquin

victortasquin New Member

I humbly ask that, since the problem of cron stones have been solved, to lower the prices of it.
    It will be very expensive to make a simple DUO in any accessory, or for any piece of PEN armor, since the market is stopped because of the amount of players, and because it is much more difficult to get shards / hards in drops than In gathering.
    For a Basilisk DUO costs 250 crons (250 million), and every time it fails, which will happen a lot, that amount will be spent.
    With the high drop rate (however great), players avoid buying in the market and prefer to drop. That's why it's so much harder to make money.
    So please lower the price of cron stones, at least for now.

If you do the math, if the crons cost 10,000 silvers, for a basilisk DUO spends 250 crons each time it fails, it would be worth 2.5 million, and it will crash hard as there is no safe way to get more than 20 ~ 25 failstacks. Then it would be at an acceptable price at the end of the day, as you will be spending a lot more cron stones for TRI / TET / PEN ...

To facilitate failtacks could be by horse saddle to sell in the cash shop, or you could create a difficult item to refine.

Well, I guess those looking for a private server are people who do not have a lot of time to spend playing, or people who find the official very difficult (which is not a lie), so speaking on behalf of most players, we want to help you guys. help out. So that the server keeps growing as it has been happening.
    Because if the player arrives at a point and stagnate he will seasick and stop playing.

Waiting for answers.

Good job the Gamez team.

QiuTong and Nemesismax like this.
  2. Juno

Juno New Member

I sadly have to disagree with you.
    Its simply not the point of the game to rush to BIS high upgraded gear and just achieve it. It is supposed to be hard and youre supposed to be rewarded for your efforts.
    Where is the fun if everyone is just running around in PEN gear?
    It has already been made easier hundreds of times by those increased rates and i dont see any reason to make it even easier with the cron stones.
    Nevertheless as i just started at this server i guess its going to be bothersome for quite some time to close the gap between those who were able to "abuse this bug" as i have to do this
    progress in a legitimate way.

Though to make this server diffrent in somewhat more convenient in than retail version id suggest something like:
    -Maids having a cooldown of 10 instead of 20 minutes.
    -T4 Pets having faster or area loot system
    -Energy Recovery being doubled or trippled
    -Costumes offering Skilll/Combat/Life XP
    -Force Enhance till PEN (has to be realy expensive though like 1000 concentrateds for one Force)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I don't see any reason to change the price of cron stones, those who already abused this bug to get their stuff to PEN will lose their stuff as soon as the wipe comes, then we will have a fresh start.
    I agree.

4. Nemesismax

Nemesismax New Member

The OP's post was regarding the current beta. Fixing cron stones should've been the last minor fix to be included in the game before the wipe.

We can all agree on a fact that wipe will not occur anytime soon because there are many bugs right now which are limiting the gameplay and especially gaining a huge sum of silver right now is quite hard because one of the main source of income besides grinding all the time is Life Skills and the Marketplace. Marketplace is pretty much dead since people prefer to get their own drops due to limited silver gain.

Making those items PRI, DUO or even TRI at the moment is also hard enough with the current hard and sharp drop system because we're not gaining any shards by gathering at all, the shards are not in the gathering loot table also the FS system is completely messed up. Instead, the only way to get those shards are by grinding a lot of rare drops like witch's earrings or mark of the shadow or ogre rings etc. by heating them up. And now since the cron stone system has been fixed, it's even harder.

Now we have multiple options, you can:
    - Lower the cron stone value so we can buy them more easily which will balance the game (till wiping).
    - Remove the fix entirely till wiping.
    - Add hard and sharp shards to gathering loot table. Add important life skills like trading and fishing so we can have some type of alternative silver gain besides grinding nonstop which will also make the marketplace more active again.

(I won't suggest a wipe since we need these advanced accounts to continue testing the fixes and finding the bugs. The wipe can happen after all these issues are handled. But keep in mind that you are also creating a player base by giving them the beta. Means we are entitled to commit to this beta but also entitled to evaulate GameZ and correct them if a mistake was made.)

I still have my official account and I know how things work in official since I've started playing this game when it first came out in fully translated English form. But my main reason for leaving the official was due to the fact that it was too toxic to continue. But if I expand my reasons. It was also a grindfest. I had to farm days after days on the same spot to get what I've wanted. It's not like I'm free all the time, I have work and more important commitments in life and I don't want a private server to go down to the same road which will kill the enjoyment that I'm having. It'll be another server with increased drops but a grindfest in the end. Is that how GameZ Network wants to run things?

Oh also, I've made some calculations and apparently, it'll take me at least 2-3 weeks to 1 month to even try a TET. If it fails, another month. Maybe by end of the year that I "might" get a PEN which is the same in official.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    victortasquin likes this.
  5. victortasquin

victortasquin New Member

What you did not realize about the privates is, that people leave the official because it is always the same thing. Enter the game, drop 20h, try an upgrade, crash and downgrade.

If you want to be similar to the official, okay for me. But in the official no one spends 20h of play to drop 6 ~ 10 concentrated, the workers do this, then try an upgrade and fail miserably. One hour people will get sick of getting 20h dropping and their items suffer drowngrade.

That's why I said, '' For now you could lower the price '' because there are a lot of things that should be fixed before the cron stones.

But if the intention is to be as difficult as the official, what can I do?

Thanks for the answer.

Nemesismax likes this.
  6. nemesisss

nemesisss New Member

I have to agree as well. There were already some people with PEN Ogre Rings running around, which gave them a huge advantage from the get go.. but now new players won't be able to even get close to PEN'ing their stuff. Especially with trading not working. It would take so much time just to farm silver for those cron stones. This is just going to make new players feel agitated. Let's not forget the worker crafting was fixed as well. So that mean's you won't be able to produce 35 fishing rods with only materials enough for 1. All of these changes are making enhancing and failstacking a pain in the ass when they shouldn't be hard because trading and fishing are supposed to help you get that silver you will need, and gathering should be helping you to get shards for your concentrated stones. I'm just disappointed since with an update like this you should also fix things like gathering, trading, fishing and failstacking so people have an actual opportunity to get their stuff to PEN as well. If we are going to get a wipe I hope we get it soon so everyone gets a fair restart.

Nemesismax and victortasquin like this.
  7. Colilock

Colilock New Member

The issue most have with Black Desert is how some aspects of it work. The biggest is of course enchanting, due to it being the bigger limiting factor in what content you can do than Levels. Grinding for months to gather the required resources to just attempt to upgrade something, and then to end up weaker than you were before, or to show no progress at all. The way cron stones worked before the fix was a perfect remedy for that, you needed the money to buy the required amount of cron stones you needed, but each attempt only used up one. That made armor and weapons easier to upgrade, but jewelry still a hassle, which was fine.

I know custom things will take time to create due to technical limitations, but I really hope the private servers try to be more than just retail with higher rates.

8. victortasquin

victortasquin New Member

Apparently they will not go back with this decision, or evaluate the options for it to be resolved.

Everyone goes for DUO in weapons / gears and they will not even try PRI on accessories, and this will be the end game.

EDIT: There is another thing u guys could do, put cron stones to drop on all summonable bosses, like mem frags, hunter seals...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Nemesismax and Colilock like this.