1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Differencies from Retail

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Whineseeker, May 28, 2020.

1. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Hello guys.
    I am very new to the server. Played just a couple of hours.
    I’m here to ask about all the little differencies from retail, where I played for years.
    I found a post where the major differencies were listed, like gem destruction, better karma system, free pearls and so on but I’m talking about the little, harder to find, differencies.
    I read that monsters here are a bit harder (less brainless?) than the retail ones, what does this mean?
    I found even lot of videos of valtarra, what’s special about it?
    I noticed the priest near the smith in velia for quality of life (fuck yeah). Is it like this in every city?

These were just a few questions that came in my mind, but i’d like to know everything about the server. It seems so damned good.

Thank you guys, see you ingame

2. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

u found very old document, gem destruction is retail like. Valtarra diff now in exp amount u get alot on gamez when finish Valtarra quest.
    http://gamezbd.net/info.php - here main changes in rates.
    monsters and other system update every patch, last patch we implement fully retail llike monster stats like hp,mp,ap,dp etc. Some monsters lack animations its be fixed in next maintance but some is also need improve. Its hard compare it to retail cuz for example Feathered Wolves was animation bugged on retail on moment of our last patch. But we have some other issues in ai like monsters rotate too fast, that thing on which we also work exact now.
    In cities we have Priests and special Kolka Npc who can trade your boss scroll on mem fragments with 50% profit what u can get from drop and also he change artisan memories on caphrases.

loboram likes this.
  3. Whineseeker

Whineseeker New Member

Thank you!

4. Chartos

Chartos New Member

SO here's all the good stuff you're looking for, In addition to what kolka said:
    - no aggro limit, be careful aggroing mobs if you're weaker cuz they will nuke you.
    - .rescue command which will throw you to olvia, useful to come back home from far away places.
    - escape option will teleport you to the region capital here, not nearest node as on retail. You can use this to travel fast, like form heidel to altinova, just cross the bridge in rumbling land, press escape and you're in altinova.
    - Olympiad, lategame 1v1 pvp arena with pearl and special title rewards
    - HORSES CAN RUN UNDERWATER! No need to waste 15h exploring all those islands for energy using a ship, much easier to get to sycraia.
    - Rotating weekend events in order: Golden daggers drop, 20% droprate increase, 20% enhancement rate increase.
    - Enhancing gear is different here!!! 1fs=0.5% success rate for any and all items and for any and all ranks, this makes tet and pen very easy to make. In turn lower ranks are a bit harder to obtain, especially stuff like blue accessories which pass on 0-5 fs on retail.
    - Premium config, requires premium days from donation. Loot filter, set home points (you can teleport to each home point once every 30min), and toggle various buffs
    - Much easier to get Dream horses, they pass with 10 stacks on average! You cant sell dream horses after you make them!!

I think these are all the little things that make a difference which were unmentioned. Good luck!

Whineseeker and loboram like this.