1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Discussion on rates

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Saltybeernut, Oct 3, 2017.

?

Drop rates

1. Same as Beta

40 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. As they are now.

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

Hi everyone, before I begin to please don't flame try to be constructive.
    Firstly I believe the community is looking for the new rates to be confirmed so we can all stop flaming server channels.
    Secondly, if the rates have indeed been dropped I would like to appeal to the staff in potentially reversing this decision. Several guildies off mine have left the server waiting for the rates to change, along with the persistent anger in server channel and on the Discord it leads me to speculate that this isn't isolated to just my guild. I left retail and Ogrefest to come and play here and it was the rates and only the rates that made me join and end up staying, many people here play due to the fact that retail is for no-lifers, while I respect people to live and play how they life it does leave some of us out. The point is many of us work, I can work as little as 30 hours a week and as many as 80. This puts an entire genre of games that I love to play unplayable due to other commitments. This isn't a threat resulting in me leaving the server or anything I will happily continue to play, I've already spent 40000 pearls and will buy more, however, this is more of a plea to Carl, do us a solid mate. Give people who work as hard in RL as you do on the server a bit of a break.

Thank you, everyone

MasterCheeks and Voltimaz like this.
  2. PhoenixX

PhoenixX Banned

So,

despite several claims the rates would be lowered for launch, you are claiming that your guild members have quit - you do realise that on beta rates you could get 1 PEN item every few days, right? Now that life skills are now x5 instead of x1, that's even quicker since you can gather the hard/sharps yourself.

Also, I laugh at people that put "I donated.... and will continue" - your completely biased post doesn't make it any more important if you've donated or not; the rates should stay the same for the longevity of the server. I don't want to see people in full PEN armor/weapons within the first week or two.

Autumnatopoeia likes this.
  3. chris11

chris11 Getting there

he not mentioning enhance rate but the drop rate. many players are complaining about the drop rate.

baorfo likes this.
  4. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

I'm sure you need to try and attack me on the basis I used my point of donating to try to reaffirm my point, however, your own ego stopped you from actually understanding my point and overall it makes you look ignorant. The point about my donation was so it wouldn't be dismissed as some twat wanting an easy ride while also letting Carl know that even though I have problems with the launch that I am still committed? pathetic response Pheonixx

szuszak likes this.
  5. PhoenixX

PhoenixX Banned

I was talking about drop drates...

My response is perfectly justified, you're wanting to appeal the drop rates to increase them, which means everyone reach end-game faster and with no node wars or sieges, will just quit again like before beta. I want this server to stay populated and if Carl constantly breaks at the community's request to make things easier, then people will obviously quit faster because there's nothing to do.

No lifers exist everywhere; private servers or retail - we have an entire guild of no lifers on this server. This point is invalid.
    Yes, you used your donation status to affirm your opinion and create a field of pseudo-validity, which to me, in turn, makes you even less of a priority as someone that needs to state that.

Your point about "my donation is was about not some twat wanting an easy ride", but that's exactly what you're asking for, an easy ride. You're asking rates to be made higher for people that can't spend as much time on the game - thus, making it easier.

I've never seen so much contradiction in a post before.

6. llllllollllll

llllllollllll New Member

with rates lowered, we are currently at the the point where nothing on this server compensates for the many bugs/not working things.

i could deal with these lower rates if we had a fully working server but not the emulator we have right now.
    we all didnt join this private server just to get a similar farming simultor experience as on official with tons of systems not working.
    and if you ask me, we never were in the "beta" stage. you cant call that a beta, thats was an alpha

7. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

Well, Pheonix if you believe I am here to push an agenda onto the community I am not, I simply wanted a discussion and yes I got that. The point is balancing you rightly said no-lifers are everywhere, correct and yet no game dev or admin from all titles takes time to address the balance, no-lifers are rewarded greatly whereas the rest of us fall behind. Are you really hung up on this donation point? Even if Carl was to think similarly to yourself about the donation point I made was some pseudo attempt at validity it still doesn't discredit a number of people who support higher rates. You make a decent case about people reaching endgame and quitting but we both that is horse shit, otherwise the beta stage would have been a lot quieter than it was.

8. YosmarSa

YosmarSa New Member

Agree with Salty, higher drop rates yes, I don't get this people that come to a private server and try make it as legit as possible... Don't we all look for private servers to experience in a much faster and fun way the things that would take us days or even weeks of grind in originals? I mean runescape even has spawn servers that are still heavy populated till this day, and it's a private server where u can spawn in whatever u want, private servers are meant to be fun and easy anyways, so in general this discussion is pointless, u wanna be a no life go play the original then

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  9. Lina

Lina New Member

@Saltybeernut I'm sorry to hear about your guildies refusing to play. This happens mostly starting with the guild leader. If he is expressing lots of negativity, its kind of spreading inside the guild.

@llllllollllll Many people have been waiting for the server wipe, so they can finally start to play. Current online: 861 players. <-- This about your signature :)

About the drop rates, my humble opinion is: you guys either accept it or simply move on. Sitting totally unhappy and complaining so many hours about it, wont bring anything.
    Many people enjoy BDO for its PVE, they quest right from the start, putting effort into the game. Those people are actually enjoying the entire game, not only the PVP side of it. For the pure pvp'ers is different but how is that constructive to have drops like in beta? Truth is, you can't see everyone happy. There will always be someone spreading negativity and exactly those become irrelevant.

PhoenixX and kanindia like this.
  10. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

@Lina I disagree entirely, I don't see this as whining for hours, if anything it proves that there is a level of discontent among the player base, with your remarks about the negativity I agree entirely. As it stands a discussion around this subject does no one any harm. As to your point about complaining again I disagree, the way the work changes and progresses started with people complaining ;)

11. YosmarSa

YosmarSa New Member

BDO is serious for pve its all I do, still the drop rates should stayed the same this is a private server or a mirror of bdo with bugs? Private server = easy if you don't want it easy then go on steam and download the original, that's how it's meant to be

12. Autumnatopoeia

Autumnatopoeia New Member

The drop rates are still ridiculously higher than retail and somewhat higher than ogrefest. I really don't understand how anyone can compare it to retail.

13. PhoenixX

PhoenixX Banned

Will you stop the blatant lying? The rates are clearly not retail-rates, furthermore, if the rates were lowered to a point where loot is difficult to get, you still get FREE pearls which essentially can increase your grinding times by stupid amounts of % per what item you get.

The rates are x10 and x5 for life-stuff.

Want maths on that?

That means, we level at a rate of 1,000% compared to retail. And we get at a rate of 500% compared to retail.

14. YosmarSa

YosmarSa New Member

If things were left the same newbies who just started would have no problem catching up to us but oh let's wipe, lower the rates yhea all G, here I ain't complaining and yes still much easier then retail but the way some people are going on about this then they might as well just play the damn retail that's all

15. Antok

Antok New Member

life skillers are f**ked in this private server, what is the difference with retail server? you get more exp and easier to find the rare drops? workers farm the same amount as on retail, still spending the same energy, we get the same amount of rough stone and logs when gathering. So just to get x5 exp i need to play with this many bugs? ty for killing your own server

YosmarSa likes this.
  16. Saltybeernut

Saltybeernut New Member

Let's try to keep this civil if possible guys! It is a discussion after all.

17. YosmarSa

YosmarSa New Member

Discussions always get heated, well my point is simple, Private servers= easy getting to end game to fully enjoy all pve and pvp content if anyone gets bored of the "easyness" then hey there's the retail for u people play private servers cuz they indeed want it easy, easy gear easy lvling, yhea I get it too easy ain't fun either but the beta was just fine I was even against the wipe to be honest I mean I started playing on the two last days of the beta and had already catched up in gear and etc with everyone else, (oh need wipe cuz server is also too laggy) no it wasn't but whatever I'm still enjoying it like everyone else even tho I hate starting all over again but it's okay not that big of a deal, some people just get easily offended on internet or like acting the smartass

18. Volticsaurus

Volticsaurus New Member

And this is one of the reasons i was so against raising the rates in the Beta , People will complain about it when they got back to what original was advertised the 10x exp rates 5x drop rates etc... Just because Official bdo has shitty rates meaning that if u amplified a 0.1% drop chance item buy 5x its still a shitty drop-rate in the end because thats just how it works the rates we had in beta where unneeded and killed the longevity of the server fact i could farm 25+ scrolls per 30 minutes is ridiculous or that i got nearly 5-6 scarlas an hour at helms Not Cave helms but normal helms , What do grinds me gears is the Ninja nerfs Carl is putting out and claiming stuff to be fixed when it isnt at all Striker still isnt working nor is Wizard , Musa and the list goes on iirc yet we get a nerfed pearl amount and yes sayin u get non of retail is a valid option but still were playing a private server for the ease of things and to get a way from the Cash grab company PA is lets all be honest here, I donated in beta because i saw future for this server. now to only find out still half isnt playable due to severe bugs and being able to still fuly enjoy the bdo life ill get me Striker to 56 if Clones idd dont work imma just leave no point in wasting time on a server thats gonna be dead in a few weeks. imma just take a break from BDO and once i feel like it again ill start playing official again

19. Antok

Antok New Member

I am a person who was really excited with the wipe so everyone started at same time, i am a persone who spent over 150$ on original bdo and i was willing to donate a big part of what i spent in bdo to gamez, but when i see all the decisions carl is making its just making me want to go back to retail bdo or even stop playing

20. Lina

Lina New Member

@Volticsaurus
    @Antok

Take care and have fun if you decide so, wishing you all the best guys! (peace)