1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Emote cards. Can't they be changed ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PewpewAiri, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Would you like to see emote cards re-usable?

1. Yes! I think it's fair.

48 vote(s)
    82.8%
  2. No! Just pay for emote cards on every character sperately!

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. Don't know, don't care. But I do support you by voting !

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

Hello again everyone!,

As I've stated in one of my previous topics I'm addicted to the korean dances and cute outfits. Now during this chase to all dances and cute outfits I ran into the fact that an emote card in the shop costs 250 tokens. This is $2,50 for each card aka each dance. Now personally I think this is extremely expensive for a single emote but that's not the direct reason why I made this topic. There's about 15 dances in the game, so all together it would cost almost $40,00. for a couple of emotes that basically do nothing other than looking cute. Worth it ? That's for each individual to judge however....

As most of you probably know, emote cards can be used once and after that they disappear, you teach it once and only to 1 character. Meaning if you would want to get all the dance emotes (this is just dance, not all the other animations you used to be able to do with a different client) it would cost you $40,00 each character.

Personally I think this is absolutely rediculous. So I'm wondering, isn't there a way to make the emote cards usable for multiple characters so it won't fade after 1 use ? Now people will probably say people would just buy the emote card once and pass it on to their friends after using it so everyone gets the dances. I know this of course would hurt the income of the server too much to be doable. So I was thinking isn't there a way to make the cards account bound as soon as they are used on an account ?

For example : I buy the "Nobody Dance Emote" card. At this point I can do anything with it. Sell/trade it etc. After buying it I choose to use it (Tadaaa character has learned the emote). Now is it possible to make the emote card not fade but just become untradeable after using it ? This way you can use the emote cards on different characters, yet not spread them to other accounts.

Cause in all honesty $40,00 for buying them once is pricey but doable (with voting too, even though it takes ages), but doing it for each character is not doable or extremely expensive.

After using the item it could become soulbound. soulbinding is set server side, even for people without the modified items.pak nothing is soulbound atm and even if u remove soulbinding restriction from the items.pak it is ultimately server side that decides whether u can trade or not so that shouldnt be a problem.

But yeah, I thought I'd just throw it out there and see what others think + find out if it's possible to change it.

Looking forward to hear from y'all!

Hugs&Cuddles,
    Airi

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

Just make the emotes account bound,untradeable but usuable on every char on the account.

3. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

^ Could work too, though I'm not sure if they can still be gifted then :O. I'm really nubbish when it comes to Aion mechanics still :D.

4. Vildiil

Vildiil Hit em with a 100 round clip Forum Legend

Doesn't seem unreasonable putting couple restrictions on them, such as account bound, or x uses instead of just one.

Will see if anything can be done about it.

6 people like this.
  5. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

Woot ! Thank you Vildiil ! Will very much be looking forward to the results ^w^

6. Guga

Guga Master Member Forum Legend

I don't think there is a way for multiple characters to use the same dance card.

7. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

Not at the moment no. But perhaps with the right restrictions it can be done :O!

8. Arieluma

Arieluma Proficient

Nothing can be done about it.

9. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

I'll wait for the answer of one of the admins , thank you o.o

10. Arieluma

Arieluma Proficient

Trust me o.o

11. Julishka

Julishka Getting there

It would be nice if they just drop, (like on other servers) when you are above lvl 45 and only in theobomus and ingisson/Brustonin and Gelkmaros dances free to use, signs ect untradeble (just for vip then) So also the people with less to spend or Children who can not spend money because they are not allowed can have the joy of it and buy them with kinah from other players

12. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

actually they can do a lot about it. there are always ways. here is an example:

1. take any reusable box that generates items such as this, make sure it is not tradeable with VIP
    Plastic Surgery Ticket Box (1 day) - Items - Aion
    you can pick a time limited one, dont have to
    2. change the ID of the item it generates to the dance you want to get. dance cards have 2 versions as follows
    http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/169600077/-emotion-card-'forbidden-dance'
    http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/169600012/-emotion-card-'forbidden-dance'
    the first one is fully tradeable and can be used in the black cloud trader, the 2nd one is untradeable and can be used with this box to prevent abuse (set it untradeable even with VIP)

this is just a quick way from the top of my head, u could make the box generate a full set of emotes if u wanted, there r so many posibilities. yea this is what alente would call a "ghetto fix" :p but its something i just thought up right now. could think of a better way if i took the time

edit: bleh found a better way already, scratch that one

the emotes have this parameter
    <activation_count>1</activation_count>
    change it to 8 (once per character on an account) or whatever number u want
    <soul_bind>FALSE</soul_bind>
    change to true

that way it will be tradeable until a person uses it the first time, after that they can use it on all their other characters but cant trade it anymore. problem solved :p

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    4 people like this.
  13. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

Smartik1 you are a dancesaver :D ! Well now it is settled that it is possible. I guess it's time to wait and see whether the admins are willing to implement it. *crosses fingers* <3

14. Smartik1

well since there r 2 types of each dance (tradeable and untradeable) they could sell both versions, either u get 1 tradeable or a stack of untradeables. can change <max_stack_count>1</max_stack_count> to like 100 and give u a pile of them so u can use as many as u want but cant give them to any1 else

15. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

Is it possible that once you use the tradeable one, it turns into a stack of untradeable ones ? Cause really getting a tradeable one would have no use if someone can only use it once >w<

16. Smartik1

dont think so. well tradeable ones were mostly intended for resellers who wanna rip people off. this way people can still get them without credits, but 1 at a time. people who have credits to spend could get an untradeable pile for themselves. that way people would be encouraged to get them through credits (voting/donating)

17. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

My current problem with that would be that.. I have all the dance emote cards atm but didn't want to use them until I knew the outcome of this topic >w<; It would suck if they'd go to waste after 1 use >w<; I'd still support the stacks either way though xD

18. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

i don't understand why should someone get all the dances for all his chars xD

i didn't even give 250 credits for 1 dance ;p

nice suggestion though

19. PewpewAiri

PewpewAiri Proficient

Well I like switching between classes once in a while. Paying 40 dollars just to be able to do some emotes with the other character just seems way too much. And well. Some people love the dances, others don't really mind them. I, for one am addicted to the dances both irl and on Aion. >w<

My boyfriend bought the dances for me, but since I have a really hard time choosing which dances to give to which character I made this suggestion/discussion. cause I'd love to just use the dances on multiple characters and I think 40 dollars is worth getting the emotes account based, not 1 character. >w<!

20. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

I can read the text now.

Bright pink on white background is harsh on the eyes x.x!!

Anyway, Smartik's idea is good in thought, but then when NCsoft decides to use that random item number for another item, there goes the whole shabang. And people would end up getting something that may or may not have been placed in the item shop. So, that idea is out the window. (i.e. Consumable Boxes)

It would also cause a whole ton of reworks every time they went to add items, change items, and or modify items (given when we do update to newer versions and such)

The Stackable idea? That sounds like it would be interesting to discuss and well all get together at some point and discuss it to see if we can come up with some rational way of implementation so that we don't get a whole giant newspaper thwaked at our noses for being bad puppies again x.x!!! (Those things hurt you know =x.x=! )

Tradeable / Untradable is also possible to be done, though the problem being seen there? People don't read what is presented to them always, and will purchase the wrong thing and they throw a fit when they go ask us about getting the item changed to the other one and we tell them no, they should pay better attention to what they buy.

=p

Anyway! Good idea, will be talked about, yadayadayada....Smartik with his technowizardy failures in taking into account for NCSoft and their not always so bright ideas!

-Edit: -knifes pink letter user-
    -Edit 2: Didn't read the edit he put either.

Though, by changing those parameters, your allowing the card to be used either 1 or X amount of times. Yes it could be done, however. Once it soul binds, as with all the soul bound equipment that we have on Gamez. It doesn't actually work like Soul Binding now does it.

You can still trade it, etc with the item.pak and stuff. So, your asking for a lot of server sided modifications and item.pak modifications to be made, and the way current item.paks are? With plenty of users unable to use them?

So, the soul binding is kinda out of the question with that little notion there. If the stack size were changed it would be the best way to do anything, and make it non-splitable. About the only reasonable way I can see it working out in any facet.

However, again; the changes would have to be implemented in the item.pak as well for the game to even recognize them. And as I said? Not all of our users are able to get a functioning item.pak =/

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.