1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FFA skills abuse?

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Purell, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

For what did we added Battle Grounds?
    - To have fun
    - To PvP
    - To earn credits.

Assassin goes in hide for 1 fucking hour, didn't even try attacking at all. His poor opponent ports out, out of frustration. Didn't have fun, got no PvP, earned no credits and most of all wasted time and credits.

Now, give me a good reason why we should leave it at that.

Possible solutions:

Assassin on FFA
    - When there's 4 or 3 players left, those 3 or 4 should get the buff that let's see you players on advance stealth instead of having the buff when there's only 2 players left (which is how it is atm). This way, we can avoid having only 2 players left, 1 assassin with 50 buffs on and full HP vs X class with every shit on cool downs and has 2k HP left.

Assassin on 1v1
    - Put a time limit, let's say for example 20 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, players should get the buff to see advance stealth
    - Have players get X amount of Vanar's Kerosene Lamp upon entering the BG but disappears upong leaving the BG or when the fight is over (yes, I know it doesn't sound like it's possible, just felt like putting it up here)

I've all suggested them already to Ari earlier. Some of them might get implemented, no promises tho.

As for the Spirit Masters on 1v1, can't think of any to fix this crap. There's a way to deal with Command Bodyguard due to it's short duration (depending on your class), but Spirit Sub + All Fears, there is none. Play Spirit Master or Ranger or just face palm.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    7 people like this.
  2. Meanz

Meanz Tonight, we CHILL in Hell! Forum Legend

You know what the difference between the two is? David has proved himself to everyone. The last thing he is, is trash lol.

Bad days with sins? Lmao not at all. It's just plain stupid and boring. Hey lets sit and wait for those guys to fight then ima finish off the one left alive with no health. Such strategy, much power.

- - - Updated - - -

The first option seems most viable and reasonable. Just increase the amount of players that can get the All-seeing eye and the problem will be solved.

3. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

Disable /inspect And being able to see who an sm is via his pet PLZ thank you lol

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Maybe not. But I am in wholesome right to jump in the game, and as long I do not break the rules, enjoy myself doing it. Understanding fun as completely subjective and personal definition inside certain parameters, which to my knowledge, nor you, the famous stronk, or any of the colored names can define in any way. More importantly, I do not have to abide to anything you people say or think, neither do I need to care.

I am not going to say the update is wrong or anything, because is not. It is a great update, added a lot variety to our server, and I am quite pleased with it, I do think is fun.

But one thing is what we like to think, and other is what things are. Now we are not only discussing to change or remove character mechanics inherent to the core game to suit a custom update, but also what is defined as fun by a minority of the server to which certain behaviors that are inherent to game mechanics do not please them.

Is the problem of custom content. I do hope that any change you guys are going to implement, is made thinking really hard in balance for all the classes, not simply what your friends and the select minority think.

4 people like this.
  5. Diov

Diov New Member

so it's okay if he is calling people trash and when the dirt is thrown right back at him it fckin hurts?! common' now.. and I dont care if he has proven himself to you or to anyone else in this game.. He is Elyos and I know I have to point my blades at him in anyway I can..

some puppets of his in asmodian clothes even paved way for him to pass and even though I personally think its disgusting.. (like what you think when i fcked u up at your kisks) there's nothing i can do about it.. that's THEM and I'm an assassin! for crying out loud we were meant to fight in the shadows and fck you up when you least expect the most!

anyway.. AMs I believe are doing their jobs in resolving the issue.. and I think they did.. but i guess ITS NOT ENOUGH.. :)

6. Meanz

Meanz Tonight, we CHILL in Hell! Forum Legend

Resolving the issue? I see no issue.

7. username101

username101 Proficient

It seems you became Tykimik's spokesperson for tonight mate. It doesn't suit your post-AM stature. How on earth did you know that Trym is a trash? Trash is relative as much as your worshiping gestures and claims. You're obviously showing your pathetic side (coz I believe you still have a little decency left on yourself).

If sins are boring as you believe them to be, then everyone wont probably waste their time COMPLAINING about sin's skills. Don't hate them coz you ain't them. LOL!

1 person likes this.
  8. Diov

Diov New Member

then why did the thread even existed? seriously dude your waaaaaaaay focusing on a different topic that was started by a PRO CRYBABY

9. username101

username101 Proficient

No issue? No wonder you just butt in and whine like a little fantard praising Tykimik and all his glory. You didn't have a hint of what this thread was all about? There is an issue. That issue was the very reason why this thread was started by Purell. Problems with arrogant people is they intentionally scatter their brain all over the place and feels so superior but then eventually screw up. Geez.

10. Stark

If you entered a Battle Ground, paid credits upon doing so and expect to have fun or PvP in it (which what BG is added for) yet you don't get any of such thing then there's definitely something wrong with it. You may say what's fun for each person is subjective but the fact remains, battle grounds are there for you to PvP on it, they were added for that reason.

What makes it wrong?
    - You paid and didn't get what you paid for
    - You don't get to use it for what it's suppose to be used for

The update with the battle grounds addition is great, most of us agrees on it but there are things on it that doesn't suit right or to say straight, wrong which is understandable because this is the first time Gamez had it and we're on early stage of the process and as you see, both staff members and some players are working to make things better for the majority of the players.

11. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

That does not remove the fact that you added a custom function, alien to the game mechanic.
    Which is fine, it shows interest in improving things, but whatever you do to correct any lingering issues, be done so in the interest OF ALL THE CLASSES, not just the ones that bother you.

All the arguments from both sides are made too conveniently.

12. Jessica

Jessica Respected Member Forum Legend

Just come with me and Pani in our PvE worlds :3

3 people like this.
  13. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Time zones screw me over. :C

1 person likes this.
  14. LordCurlyFry

LordCurlyFry Yeah, I like curly fries. Forum Legend

They do for us all. Does your time zone at least use lube?

Also, try not to get heated up. If I hear any complaints about anything on this thread, be wary that you will have invoked my wrath.

You have been warned.

15. Stark

I don't see how is it alien to the game mechanic seeing as how Aion have Arenas of it's own. Arena of Discipline, Arena of Chaos and such, rings a bell?

You're asking for the impossible and on a private server nonetheless. You can't correct every single issue in the interest of ALL THE CLASSES because Aion just isn't build like that (Spirit Master vs Templar, Ranger vs Templar, Gladiator vs Spirit Master and such terrible match ups are just a few examples). We can only get "close" to making the classes closer to what we call "balanced" but that's it, we can't get absolute balance unless we're the ones who built the game itself.

And of course, arguments will be most of the time like that. You won't normally argue just to prove yourself wrong to other people, will you?

Oh, just in case I forgot to mention I do play Assassin myself but I still want things to be changed for the sake of TEN OTHER CLASSES because I don't enter battle grounds to sit there for an hour and do nothing.

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

I am the politeness itself.

I do not see the issues discussed in this thread on those arenas. I have never seen those issues discussed here, in this forum, about those arenas, ever.
    If you gonna be sarcastic with me at least be coherent.

So, ok, I am asking for the impossible; so its alright to be done biased and in the view of the minority, or in the view of just what is convenient?

After all this time, I wonder why do I even bother with all this.

17. Stark

If it has to be done to fix most/worst/main problem, why not? I mean come on, let's stop being idealistic and start being practical because it works better that way.

The minority you're talking about (Assassins) is where ALL the players who earn credits without FIGHTING at all in a BATTLE GROUNDS belong. Why even call it a Battle Grounds if you're not going to fight?

To begin with, if these Assassins did not start doing things like hiding forever in 1v1 battle grounds or simply sitting in Shadow Walk in FFA and buffing literally everything vs low HP target on cooldowns, we wouldn't have to do any of this so you can say they brought it up to themselves.

While I do know that NOT ALL of the Assassins does these things, I do believe that these same people won't have any problem with the thing I suggested earlier otherwise they are most likely one of those who are causing all this ruckus.

I mean, put it this way, you're not one of those assassins who sits forever in 1v1 meaning you intend to fight anyway, what's wrong with having your opponent get the buff in the last 5 minutes, you still have 15 minutes before that which is more than enough time to finish the fight if not then we can simply extend it, just don't let it run for more than an hour because that's just ridiculous, hell, even half an hour is.

The only players who will get affected by the things I suggested will be those who caused all these problems, you call them minority but they are the ones creating all these problems we have on our hand. Either we deal with them now or let the majority suffer for no good reason.

18. zakku44

zakku44 Annoying Zergling

Assssins that can't use hide skills.... we should call them Suicide Bombers, deals lot of damage in exchange for their lives
    they are not designed to tank multiple enemies nor wipe em in a few flashy skills. As what I understood from what Munin said about assassins, They hide in the shadows waiting for the right moment to strike. If that's what they do to survive then they are doing what their class is suppose to do, afterall it's a Survival event XD
    Let's be realistic here, alot of people didnt join the Survival event for the fun but for prize :lol: and they will use anything to win it.

1 person likes this.
  19. Stark

Not sure where you get the info that people here wants it so that Assassins can't use hide but I guess that's to be expected since I bet you didn't even bothered reading everything before posting random crap. Even from the first post, he only mentioned Shadow Walk, you still have Hide II.

In FFA you have 10 or more players depending on the BG type. You have the time to hide until the number of players left goes down to 3 or 4

In 1v1 you have 15 minutes to hide (example, can be extended)

Battle Grounds isn't designed either to give credits to the last Assassin fully buffed and killing the poor target with 1 Dash and Slash because he had so few HP left.

Since you didn't even bothered reading everything saying something like "waiting for the right moment to strike" when it's already mentioned that the problem is the ones who don't even bother trying at all, I guess it was so hard for you to understand.

What does "not even bothering to try at all" means is that as soon as they get ported or when the countdown is over they go in hide and DON'T ATTACK AT ALL, you are left waiting for nothing, you wasted your credits and your time. All that there is for you is to wait until you run out of patience and port out, out of frustration or hope for a one in a million chance that your opponent get's disconnected before you port out, sounds fun, right? Probably more fun that playing Spirit Master or Gunner.

What I understood from this thread is that most people want closer to fairness Battle Grounds and a more fun one at that too but some people butts in without reading anything and post random crap to sound cool.

Sure, not everyone join the events for the fun but for the prize but one thing in common is that everyone goes there to PvP. Now tell me, how are you going to PvP against an opponent who doesn't come out of hide at all? I think you're smart enough to tell me how.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  20. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Target recieves 80% pvp defence while in fear. Done. It will just be a mobile sleep and they can "safely" cover their silence or bind or whatever (not that they can't do it while you're "charging" with 3.0 running speed at them). Should also remove those situations where a single fearmonger jumps in and gets a "pro" group killed just because their cleric got 20k damage while being unable to play.... Still nothing to do about sub tho and lets face it - without that and bodyguard they'd die in 3seconds in any fight containing more than 2 players, everyone jumps on the sm anyway.

There are 11 classes, sin and sm are 2 of them. Since when is 82% the "minority" ? And how is making survival and 1v1s NOT last over 10 minutes inconvenient?

Cmon Ddraig i know you as the smart person, what's happening in this thread...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.