1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Fishing] Harpooning *Resolved

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by loboram, Oct 24, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Bug Name:
    [Fishing] Harpooning
    Bug Description:
    I think that Harpooning is bugged on our server.

This video shows a location quite near the islands/coast in the Balenos Sea for harpooning, but I have tried a lot of places near the quest area in the Epherian Sea, however the harpooning never actually starts.

*Updated: I have now included a couple of screenshots of the quest area for the Deep Sea Fishing with harpoon needed for the next quest in the quest-chain...means that I am right, because the Harpooning does not start no matter in which direction my character tries to Harpoon fish, within the circle of the Quest-Area.
    How to reproduce/proof:
    Go out to the Epheria Sea, there are plenty of spots that are quite deep, and try to Harpoon fish, which is needed for the Daily Quest: https://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3058/3/

https://imgur.com/a/ipsL938

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. loboram

I did find this though...it seems that harpooning is a bit buggy in general...gonna try to see if it works.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-harpoon-fishing.433973/

Can now confirm that the Durability of the Harpoon does go down when I use it here: https://imgur.com/a/bXSEieC

I have found more information on the subject though: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/harpoons.470410/
    "Harpooning in nutshell : stop at sea, harpoon away. _wait_ 1min or so. If no bite move and repeat. Old rumour about certain depth is not true; i have harpooned front of a port. Trick about stopping and checking dura.. well i guess but same time to see if it can be done.This on fishing boat. Also sea doesnt need to be the compass needing one."

So basically now this post is about Harpooning in general, seems that the mini-game does not start/work on our server?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  3. loboram

This is my proof video of Harpooning being bugged :(

Kolka likes this.
  4. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

loboram likes this.
  5. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

You can only use harpoon in a fishing boat. You can't use it in a ship, neither in land. Google it.

6. Kolka

Ok so i move it to rejected then. Thanks.

7. loboram

Well the problem with this statement (@Kolka ) is still the Quest area for the quest I am currently trying to do, which Clearly shows the quest-area being on that small island where the quest-giver is standing (the Shai NPC Vov), also the many posts around saying one thing or another...basically every post say that if your harpoon starts loosing durability it SHOULD start the mini-game and let you harpoon.

*Updated: I have indeed gone back to Epheria Port and got myself a fishing boat, I got back to the Quest-area even got the fishing boat within it, and I am currently in the process of learning the Harpooning-minigame...Will post as soon as I have verified whether I am catching the required Deep-Sea Fish here :)

SO GamezBD needs to add quest-text explaining that you can ONLY harpoon from a fishing-boat, perhaps even move the Quest-area circle for the Deep Sea Fishing quest AWAY (or just make it bigger) from the island it is at right now, otherwise I would not have taken the time to research this and make the video as well as make a Bug report about it.

I am thankful for your input jujuba but it just seems to me that you have not tried to do this quest-chain?
    I could be wrong, and if you have then it would REALLY have been much easier to just say how you did it to begin with :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  8. loboram

Final update @Kolka I got the quest fish, by harpooning within the Quest-area from a Fishing Boat, BUT the problem STILL remains, since there are NO clear Harpponing guides on GamezBD forum, BUT MUCH MORE IMPORTANT: The quest HAS to make it clear to the players that they can ONLY do Harpooning from a FISHING Boat.

What would be a WHOLE LOT BETTER, is if GamezBD could implement a function to make it possible to Harpoon from ALL Sea-going Vehicles as well as from the Coast/Islands, also to add a text message when the depth is not deep enough for the Harpooning to begin: "Not deep enough, try somewhere else"

9. Kolka

If u move mouse ofver Harpoon it have text that can be used only from fishing boat :/

loboram likes this.
  10. loboram

Absolutely true, but there are stories from other BDO-knowledge sites, that say that it is possible (or should be) to Harpoon from the Wharf in Port Ratchett, and also from Islands and Coasts as well as other types of Sea-going vehicles...they Might be too old now the information, but still if the Quest text does not say so it is VERY confusing for players without a lot of BDO-experience, even I had to do a lot of research about this before I got it to work :(

11. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

From my own experience with harpooning (and I do it a lot, I'm tryint to catch Ghost Whale) you just have to sit in your fish boat and wait. Yeah, the durability thing is true, BUT, if you catch it the first time, you don't have to change your position in the boat anymore. You just have to continuosly press space. Sometimes, even if the durability hasn't lowred, it stills works and the mini game will start (at least here in GameZ, I did harpooning yesterday w/o care to durability, I fished a lot). :)

THERE WAS A TIME in retail that we did could harpooning from SHIPS, but it was only in Thermian Park and during the event. It was a bug. Just that. Happened till middle 2018.
    Also, don't try to reproduce retail bugs here, remember that the devs builds gamez from the ground. There are other formulas here. So those basic systems like fishing should be working just as intended. Like the harpooning case.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    loboram likes this.
  12. loboram

Once again I am amazed at how helpful and kind your answers can be :p

But seriously thanks a lot, I did finally figure it out thanks to your answers as well as the great feedback from Kolka.

This is indeed a rejected bug-report and I will change the title immediately.