1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guide GameZ BDO Class Tier List (Xehalin edition)

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by LordXenon, Apr 14, 2018.

1. LordXenon

LordXenon New Member

Preface
    I've been wanting to write a tier list from my perspective for a while. With 2 and a half years retail experience, on top of my time here, I think I have an idea of what I'm talking about. I've participated in every level of node war and as a merc in siege on retail. I've been pvping since the second week after bdo launched, which was before awakening as well as before all the first big main hand balance changes, including the great sorc nerf.

Introduction
    This guide aims to rank every class in pvp based on a handful of factors: Impact, survivability, utility, mobility, and damage. Impact is how much a class affects the tides of battle, how much they by themselves can affect an outcome. It is the biggest factor. Survivability is how well can a class survive amongst others. Utility is the ability to perform functions other than do damage such as cc, heal, buff, and debuffs. Mobility is a combination of how well a class can move, as well as how fast it moves. The former will be referred to as agility, while the latter as speed. Lastly, damage is how much damage a class can output. Two other terms you'll see in this guide are skill floor - the entry level of skill for a class to perform well, and skill ceiling - the maximum level of skill growth a player can achieve with a class. What this means is that if a class has a low skill floor, you don't need to be very good to do well with it. On the other hand, a high skill floor means you must be very good with the class to do well. High skill ceiling means you have a large amount of potential skill growth with a class, while a low ceiling means you don't have much room to grow as a player with that class.

The Ranks
    PVP
    SSS Tier

This is the highest tier. Classes in this bracket transcend current balance and break the flow of combat. They have no right to be as strong as they currently are.

1. Mystic - How do I start with this one? If you played retail and have any sort of pvp experience, you knew coming into this that Mystic would be a nightmare. It is the culmination of almost every single strong aspect of other classes: Good mobility, decent damage, tons of utility in its vacuum and two aoe slows, low skill floor, super armor rotations that do damage and would make other classes cry, a self-applicating pa that GIVES grab resistance and its effects linger even if they are grabbed, deceptive aoe range on most of their offensive skills, a mobile skill with a low cd that self heals and ignores collision, another mobile skill that can also bypass frontal guard, the lowest cd grab in the entire game, down smash combos that can rotate into the grab and out of it, all of that on top of being the tankiest class in the game. The only thing this class lacks are persistent iframes like that of dk or sorc, and damage outside of 1v1s. At 250 some ap in retail, this class has enough damage to twoshot a downed 300ish dp warrior. Despite that, its impact is of the highest in the game, being able to vacuum in targets and then slow them, or charge in and throw out cc and slows to let her comrades come in and finish things up. She disrupts the flow of battle so much that she shouldn't be in this game as she is, but for, we're stuck with it. It doesn't help that there are persistent issues where Mystics can ignore iframes. This becomes the only class in this tier once all issues are fixed, and SSS tier becomes SS tier. Low skill floor, medium-low skill ceiling.

2. Berserker - Some of you may be surprised at this choice, but here me out. Zerkers strengths come in as it is an aoe disruptor class with potential damage once it gets high ap. But even then, it is among the tankiest classes in the game, it offers 4 grabs with varying medium-to-high cds but can all be chained in a row thanks to its innate grab resistance ignore, it can self-heal to full from near 0 with some risk to self, it has ranged damage and cc options with its cannon, very flexible mobility that makes it an agile class with decent speed, and again - high damage with high ap, it can also debuff speed with ground pound. Not to mention absolutes changed his raw 1v1 damage into something much higher. What makes this class transcend balance is not its innate kit, but how buggy gamez currently is. This is the worst offender of iframe ignoring in the game. He can actively grab you out of nearly any iframe, with a weird desynced range that I and some others describe as a 5 mile grab. On top of this, he can hold you over his head as his friends rain damage down on you. Unless you run a dp heavy build as a tank class or evasion class, you should give up on all chances of living through a zerker grab chain. It can still happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Once these two issues, if ever, are fixed, the class drops down to A tier. He has good impact, but his kit isn't strong enough to change the tides of battle by itself without the currently bugged grabs. Low skill floor, medium-high skill ceiling.

SS Tier
    This tier comprises of classes that break the shift of balance in a way that's only afforded to them by glitches. They are classes that are otherwise much lower on the list.

3. Musa - The highest mobility group assassin in the game. With the recent ap changes and his rework from KR, he became a force to reckon with. Even before then, musa was always a late bloomer. It was a sleeper class that everyone thought was a meme until shown otherwise. In retail, he has the ability to one or twoshot most classes with 270 ap and is very hard to catch. He controls the flow of engagement thanks to his superior mobility, and can choose when the battle will start or end. In Gamez, however, he is meta breaking because projection currently does way more damage than it should. At 100% rage, a Musa is capable of oneshotting the entire cast in a skill that cannot be escaped, barring a few skills, once part of it lands. It ignores block collision and has extremely long range. When projection is fixed, this class drops to A tier. His impact without bugs is very high, as he's a capable assassin that can wipe people out once he has ap. Low skill floor and medium low skill ceiling.

4. Kunoichi - She is an agile assassin with possible near permanent stealth. Her large aoe cc allows her to disrupt and control enemy groups. As she currently is, she is one of the highest dps classes in games thanks to a bug. Her delighted blast has the same ridiculous damage output as projection, allowing her to sweeping kill many enemies she would not be able to on retail. When delighted is fixed, this class drops to B tier. Her impact is good, but lack of real damage puts her behind many other classes. Medium skill floor, high skill ceiling.

S Tier
    This tier is made up of classes that were formerly top dog before Mystic came around, and are otherwise better than the tier above if they did not have gamebreaking skill bugs.

5. Valkyrie - One of the best classes in the game currently, outside of bug-boosted-potential. She is a top contender in 1v1s, small scale, and large scale. Her impact capabilities are off the chart. She offers burst damage out the butt with the hardest hitting ult in the game; support to keep her allies alive in Elion's Blessing, which is a 999 dp boost and 100% resistance raise; vacuums to gather enemies up for an ez wipe; a 25% hp heal for herself and allies; a 60s 15% hit rate boost for her allies on a 25s cd; the best block in the game that offers free topped resistance for 2s and refreshes along with a 20 dp buff; and very good speed and agility from her skill cancels. It also has a grab. Medium skill floor, high skill ceiling.

6. Wizard - One of the best classes in the game currently, outside of bug-boosted-potential. He is a top contender in small scale and large scale, as well as a decent 1v1 class. He has impact to rival Valk and Mystic with large clusters of high aoe damage, and support in the form of a 30% heal, a 90% hp heal, and protected area. He can destroy entire groups by himself easily if he catches them unawares, which is easy enough to do with teleport + ultimate teleport. This class also has the highest speed mobility skill chain in the game via its teleports. It clears more ground in the lowest amount of time, but falls behind other classes because of hard cds forcing the wizard to run otherwise. He also has a grab. It also has the highest innate accuracy modifiers on skills, allowing him to bypass certain gear checks very early on. Absolute Blizzard is a balance breaker of a skill. Low skill floor, low skill ceiling.

A Tier
    This tier is made up of classes that while have good impact, don't have the traits that the classes above do and don't shine as much as they do either.
    *Musa, Kuno, Berserker - Once their class bugs are fixed, they will be here.

7. Striker - Before Mystic came out, this class was regarded as way too overpowered. His clones offer high innate accuracy, even on gamez, where accuracy is mostly broken. He has incredible single and multi-target through skullcrusher and its flow. His mobility is good, but his super armor chains have holes that can be exploited. Despite that, his high innate tankiness, combined with his cc capabilities and destructive damage allow him to disrupt and kill enemies very easily. He can survive in the fray while many other classes cannot. He also has the bonus of having the highest innate magic damage reduction in the game alongside mystic, so mages struggle to kill him. But currently, he lives in the shadow of Mystic. Low skill floor, medium skill ceiling.

8. Maehwa - Maehwa is a weird one. She has the highest speed of all classes in bdo, paired up with musa. She does not have his aoe damage, and instead relies on her short combo single target burst to put people down. She can reliably get in and out of the fray with only oneshot aoes and slows being any real threat to her. Her reliable poke-til-cc-and-then-kill strategy is solid and allows her to disrupt enemy lines very easily. That harass tactic is more meaningful than people would think. In GameZ, her chase seems to be more reliable than ever before and allows her survivability she should not have. Medium skill floor, high skill ceiling.

B Tier
    This tier is made up of classes that excel in one thing or another that allow them to have impact, but have too many drawbacks to be higher.

9. Ranger - Once touted as one of the most op classes, it has slowly sank into mediocrity. It has high burst damage in 1v1 combos thanks to her sword, but she's so squishy and cannot survive very well on her own. Since absolutes, her impact has gone back up and she is now relevant again. But once more, she has to rely on her allies to protect her due to lack of protection in her bow skills and on her dash. She also has good mobility - high agility from bow skills and good speed from her sword dash. Low skill floor, high skill ceiling.

10. Warrior - One of the most balanced kits in the game. He's a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class. His biggest issue is his lack of overall multi-target burst outside of his 100%. He's a tanky bruiser who can debuff the crap out of enemies with his main dps skill or grab people to set up kills for others. He gets free gs from his block - 26 ap and 20 dp as well as a buff potential of 80 dp from z buff and other skills paired with his block buff. 100% resistance buff from block, too, that lingers for 2s and can be easily reapplied by blocking, just like valk. Despite his higher-than-most accuracy modifiers on dps skills, they often miss, and he is very buggy on gamez. once his bugs are fixed, he moves up to A tier. Low skill floor, high-medium skill ceiling.

11. Dark Knight - When she first awakened, she was a crown jewel of op. Her over the top aoe damage and large range cc combined with no downside iframe spammability as well as excessive mobility made her strong and popular in siege. With the stamina nerfs in place to keep her from spamming iframes, she was dragged off of her throne. She still offers a lot as a dps, but has no other utility. If not for her very good survivability and damage, she would be much lower. Low skill floor, low skill ceiling.

12. Sorceress - The former Queen of OP turned mediocre. Before the great sorc nerf of 2016, she was the Mystic of pre-awakened BDO. In our current meta, she offers ok damage and great survivability. Her impact comes in the form of disruption from gravity ball and stealth into ccs. She has good kill potential, but she isn't a proper assassin. Once gravity ball's damage is fixed, she becomes C tier. This is one class that a broken damage skill can't save. Medium skill floor, high skill ceiling.

C Tier
    This tier consists of classes that specialize in one or two things, but don't excel at much else. They can be impactful or not, but they have too many crutches to excel elsewhere.

13. Witch - Basically the same deal as Wizard, with a large exception that besides her main hand support skills and jin blizzard, the rest of her kit is hot garbage. She offers extremely high damage, but is so vulnerable that her only decent matchup is against herself. She is so reliant on zergball pvp that she can't really operate without it. A witch by herself is not impactful at all, even with high damage output. She can rely on a meme gear setup to oppose her bad 1v1 matchups, but her enemies can do the same to alleviate issues against her. In Zergball pvp, she is as good as wizard thanks to her high damage with longer range and jin blizzard as well as her support skills such as lighthouse or protect area. Low skill ceiling, low skill floor.

D Tier
    The pink color of shame. This tier consists of classes that specialize in one or two things, but don't excel at anything else. They are heldback even more than they are on retail due to broken mechanics on this server as well as bugs across the board. They can still function and do well, but they require true player skill to save them. These two classes are interchangeable in place and performance largely varies according to your luck.

14. Tamer - On retail, this class is a dirty and somewhat agile assassin with a pet that has perfect hit rate. She could tear people apart, but here, her polearm is a wetnoodle. Air attack damage is inconsistent, her grab is unprotected, and she's otherwise mediocre until fixed. Could potentially be F tier in its current state.

15. Ninja - Oh, boy. The controversy and my own bias. But hear me out here. On retail, Ninja is a hit-or-miss class depending entirely on who plays it and how geared their Ninja is. A geared, skilled ninja is a force to be reckoned with. Easy pop-up snipes from stealth, two grabs, decent mobility and good agility, block jump. Things that held this class back was a lack on protection on core combo skills, inconsistent damage that relied on air attack or combos to accomplish, lack of mobility compared to some assassins and even tanks, lack of accuracy on skills, inconsistent and sometimes non-working iframes, and a playerbase that can't agree on anything. Here, everything is exacerbated except the last. The last is the only one that doesn't apply here. Accuracy is non-existent here, so getting your skills to do what they need to do is a huge gamble. Lack of protection leaves this class very vulnerable, especially with all the mystics running around in pen gear. Serpent does not do the damage it does on retail, at all. If it does manage to land all its hits, it does similar damage, but this is not the case 99% of the time. Iframes are inconsistent, and classes like Mystic and Zerker constantly ignore them. Kunos and Musas can come out of nowhere and oneshot you. On retail, I did more damage with pri gear and a pri accuracy offhand than I do here with full pen weapons including pen accuracy offhand. I have more trouble killing people in my own gearscore bracket (500-520) than I did fighting softcap players (500 gs) with pri gear on retail (410-420ish gs). Though I will say I am much tankier here, to some extent. I would say without a doubt, that without absolutes and rabams, Ninja would be a dead class here. It is the only reason there is not an F-tier dedicated to it. Absolutes allow this class to function. Without them, the class could not compete with anyone else in its current state. Do not be misled by other players who claim that Ninja is beastly, has lingering iframes, etc. That isn't true. I am certain that all high brow ninjas that rerolled did so because of how lackluster this class was without absolutes, and still continues to be. If all the current issues with the class were fixed, it would move up into C or B tier depending on the day and the player handling the class. If also buffed right, it would be a A or S tier class. Regardless, Ninja is currently a broken, hobbling mess that can barely stand up. This all comes from 3 months shy of 2 years playtime as Ninja.

F Tier
    This tier currently holds no classes, but is a concept in performance. Broken, unreliable and unusable classes would be here. They are ones I would tell you to never play, regardless of who you are or what your tastes are. I reserve it simply incase anything else were to change.

PVE
    PVE is pretty much a matter of taste. Almost all classes perform similarly in pve, with a couple exceptions. There are faster grinders, but you should aim for a class that you feel most comfortable grinding with. Whether that means you pick someone who has to work harder and grind longer because you like how it feels or someone who grinds faster more easily because it's easier on you. I prefer the former because it keeps grinding from just being a mindless chore. If you must have a fast and easy grinder, then pick a Wizard, Musa, or Striker. Mystics, Witches, and Zerkers are also very fast and simple to grind with.

Toenail and Noyah like this.
  2. Desann

Desann New Member

there are 2 things to become SSS class
    high gear as much as possible
    master your class

this is the reality,fck bugs

3. LordXenon

LordXenon New Member

Unfortunately, stacking ap isn't enough to fix class balance. There are certain classes that you'll never oneshot, even with gear.. unless 290 ap or something is that point. Mastering your class doesn't change much either. It gives you a temporary advantage. Everybody else masters their class, too, and you're back on the same foot.

4. KoroFish

KoroFish New Member

This is pretty accurate at this moment until 707.

Toenail and LordXenon like this.
  5. Nehal

Nehal Ancient Halloweed Forum Legend

Is this for Black desert ?

6. LordXenon

LordXenon New Member

I mean.. it's in the BDO guide section...

7. Nehal

Nehal Ancient Halloweed Forum Legend

Ooh okay :)

8. Lorskie

Lorskie WTB>"QQ Section" in the forum

Sorc here. I thought at first that her lack in damage is because she needs to get gear carried. I was wrong. With gamez, "custom" formula to accuracy and evasion, sorc has become a feeder unless she's got her blackhole ready. GRJ misses 90% of the time, if not, it does very little damage to anyone no matter what your DP is. Boosting your accuracy with all kinds of accuracy buffs doesn't help at all. Her blackhole got recently fixed. Pre-FML, her blackhole would only do a tap damage and it won't even suck you in or do any more damage after the initial one upon dropping it. Hell, it won't even move forward. Also, Violation is useless other than give you addon buffs/debuffs towards your enemy. Like GRJ, 90% of the time it would miss or do very little damage against someone.

Imo, sorc is the next warrior. She just needs to get her 100% up and pop it with DoD and SE. That's it. Unless you're doing a 1v1 with a noob, your combos are irrelevant to people with equal gear as you.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  9. LordXenon

LordXenon New Member

Yeah, I understand that Sorcs get bent hard by accuracy issues. If she didn't have gravity ball and the best iframes in the game, she'd be D or F tier. Her ball allows for tons of kills, though, because it has bugged damage. Also, from what I see, high levels of gear do help to alleviate her issues. Rorychan is pretty hard to kill and gets tons of points in matches. Could just be my opinion from how meme Ninja damage is atm.