1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamez Tournament Event Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redcox, Jul 17, 2011.

?

Event Participation

1. I'm from Siel and I would participate

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. I'm from Siel and I don't like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm from Lumiel and I would participate

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. I'm from Lumiel and I don't like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redcox

redcox Proficient

Alright, I have attempted to do a few a events but the crowd has been tough... quite tough I tell ya.

So now I bring to you the idea of an event which has not been done in Gamez or any other PS or even Retail.

This is the Historical GamezAion Tournament(I know I know, the names I give them... I just can't help myself)

This is how it goes.

- 64 Players from each race will participate (128 players total) on this elimination tournament. Yes, Elyos and Asmodians will have their own tournament simultaneously in order to determine who will make it to the Final Fight.

- The Tournament will be based on Brackets and not all the fights will happen on the same day. It'll be an extended tournament where you'll have the time to prepare for the next fight.

- The fights will be scheduled and there will be a Tree to show who's in, who lost and who moved to the next round. Kinda like an actual tournament. (think NCAA)

- The 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st place would get a prize. (I'm suggesting for them to be nice rewards for such a big event but this is something that is entirely up to Gamez staff, not me)

- The #1 from each race will then fight each other for a Final Prize and Glory of being the #1 from either Race.

*****************************************************************************************

Now this is something that I cannot do myself and this is something I'm suggesting to the GMs. The idea hasn't been turned down yet but this is where I need the community's help, Specially Lumiel.

- If you like the idea, are you willing to pass the word to your friends for them to join the event?

- If you like the idea, please vote because the more votes we get, then the more chances we might have of making this happen.

- If you can get your friends to come on the forum and vote, that would be greatly appreciated.

5 people like this.
  2. Jayrii

Jayrii Well-Known Member

nice initiative..

first vote for this thread!

the Ultimate tourney! NICE!

the Sorcerers will WIN for sure.. as always

3. snic

snic Respected Member

idea is good but how are you supposed to make the tree?

4. redcox

redcox Proficient

I'll make it and host it on another web space and just link it on a thread on this forum. I've been working on it since I got the idea a few days ago.

5. snic

snic Respected Member

if the idea seems possible why not to do it? so good luck :3

6. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

I'd totally do it, but wait until I get back to New York :3

7. Uehara

Uehara イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) Forum Legend

Isn't 64 each race is way too many?
    I would like to suggest a screening to those who wants to join since you haven't stated the HOW on taking the 64 participants. This is my idea, I don't know if it's good. I'm very open to any criticisms.

* In a week, staffs will host a screening for this tournament. Not the usual event they are hosting, but a screening that is special only for the said tournament. 4x a week let's say.

6 Elyos and 6 Asmodians = 3 each on the said race will make it to the Semi-Elimination round (let's say, the 64 if you wont change your mind).
    It will be Elyos vs Elyos and Asmodian vs Asmodian (since this is a screening and it's just a way to know who can make it on the participating 64).
    Staffs should have a list of players who won. Check all information like their IP to make sure that there is no one joining in the event with 2 characters each race, or more than one character on one race (if that's confusing, let's say I joined with my Gladiator and I won, next time I will use my Sorcerer, and I won again. And next time I will use my Asmodian Chanter = this shouldn't be allowed to give everybody a chance). Also this helps if the one they will allow in the screening joined already and won. Whoever joined the following screenings and unfortunately didn't make it to the final 64, they can always join to try some luck.

With this I think staffs are choosing the participants fairly, and absolutely clean.

2 people like this.
  8. xtolax

xtolax was fun while it lasted

Dranny did do something similar this week pitting the winner of asmo vs ely.....but i like your idea, it gives everyone a chance to participate in one of the tournaments/event and not just the people online at a certain time...64 players might be a bit much though.

9. Detox

Detox Proficient

It's a good idea, would be a bit rough to organize though.
    inb4 4 top places : Sorcs,Glads and Clerics. That's why I don't like tournaments.

10. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

- The #1 from each race will then fight each other for a Final Prize and Glory of being the #1 from either Race.

I've already done this in one of my tourneys. It's hard to gather 16/32 people to join an event, but 64 is nearly impossible (At least on Lumiel)

11. redcox

redcox Proficient

I understand what you guys are saying about it being a bit too much. It's not like I haven't though of it.

The purpose of doing it with much massive amount of players is to make something extraordinary and that would resemble a GamezNetwork unique event that if done properly, can bring more excitement to Gamez and perhaps even players from other PS.

I Propose this as a way to have a established tournament that can be done periodically.

I know it's hard but I think that if it's properly promoted around the community in-game and forum. It can be done.

Besides, once it's been established, it'll be much easier.

If 64 is too much, then perhaps 32 would do but the whole purpose is to have a big massive tournament and Gamez staff would need to do their part on this in order to make it happen.

12. PetromaniaC

PetromaniaC Banned

Eww.. isn't this like the normal tourneys with just more people in it?

Anyway , i do like the tree idea which could be made here at the forum so everyone can see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.